Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Investigation Discovery Channel

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    A Crime To Remember has the Charles Whitman story tonight. It looks good. I remember the TV Movie where Kurt Russell played him.

I'm old enough to remember the whole incident on TV; I was young mind you.... That case has always fascinated me and is a little bit haunting.

A new episode of A Crime To Remember coming on right now. It really is the best show of this type going.

I'm keeping this thread alive single handed!!! Great night tonight. 3 all new episodes from 3 shows. Motives & Murders, Murder Book, and A Crime To Remember. A death hag's dream

My favorite is Cold Case Files on REELZ - since they show actual crime scene photos on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    My favorite is Cold Case Files on REELZ - since they show actual crime scene photos on that one.
    That's why I'm not too keen on the ID channel. They do too much dramatization for my liking and don't show enough evidence on their shows. I prefer the CI channel although that seems to be going the same route now.

I'm hooked on Forensic Files being shown in marathon style on HLN, being shown right now, as a matter of fact.

Arrow

yeah 100 "new" episodes of FF; I like Dateline, Cold Case Files' use of the real authentic crime scene photos, Deadly Affairs has some real photos too, First 48 (A&E), .... heck there is a lot more that use the real photos & audio! I can't think of any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like those shows too but they usually pixelate the crime scene photos anyway and I've already seen all the Cold Case Files and Forensic Files like 100 times. ID does show crime scene stuff on some shows but I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I don't understand it either. I think Discovery Communications might be counting on DVD sales which is why they are so anal about Youtube. But you're right what difference does it make if it's shown on tv or YT.
    I agree..that and perhaps someone at Discovery is having a "power trip" thing in getting stuff yanked from YT. The latter had been happening at my old radio station for the last few years courtesy of the programming department. Anyone including former employees who had uploaded content on You Tube only to see their stuff deleted over copyrights. Had my old radio station focused more on putting together a better product to improve their ratings rather that spending WAY too much time in getting airchecks from 2004 and previous years deleted from You Tube perhaps the station wouldn't had been sold and the existing staff wouldn't have to face massive layoffs in 2015.

So, has anyone else seen Serial Thriller advertised on ID? They aren't naming who the serial killer is that the mini series is about but from the ads I'm thinking Ted Bundy right? The VW Bug at the end of the trailer makes me think Bundy. I looked for the trailer but apparently it's not on the internet yet? Ok this excerpt pretty much says it's Bundy:

"Investigation Discovery is not revealing the name of the serial killer portrayed in the series, but expects that viewers may be able to figure it out before the onscreen detectives do as they watch. Henry Schleiff, group president at Discovery, says the killer is among the most notorious in U.S. history, not only because of the number of people he killed, but also "the number of times he escaped from prison."

I'm looking forward to it. Starts on June 7th. Here's an article

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...cripted-785341

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    So, has anyone else seen Serial Thriller advertised on ID? They aren't naming who the serial killer is that the mini series is about but from the ads I'm thinking Ted Bundy right? The VW Bug at the end of the trailer makes me think Bundy. I looked for the trailer but apparently it's not on the internet yet? Ok this excerpt pretty much says it's Bundy:

"Investigation Discovery is not revealing the name of the serial killer portrayed in the series, but expects that viewers may be able to figure it out before the onscreen detectives do as they watch. Henry Schleiff, group president at Discovery, says the killer is among the most notorious in U.S. history, not only because of the number of people he killed, but also "the number of times he escaped from prison."

I'm looking forward to it. Starts on June 7th. Here's an article

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...cripted-785341
    I wonder when or if the UK will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I wonder when or if the UK will get it.
    Do you guys get the Investigation Discovery channel?

luckyinlove Guest
    Yes!

Here's a link to the Serial Thriller show trailer. This pretty much puts all doubt aside about it being Ted Bundy. 2 of the trailers actually. The extended version is better.

http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...ngel-of-decay/