Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Investigation Discovery Channel

Don't tell my boss, but when I'm at work, I access some episodes on YT and listen to them while I'm working LOL. Right now I'm going through Snapped. I already have listened/watched all the episodes of Who the Bleep did I Marry that are on YT LOL.

And yes, Stewart, Cry Wolfe is horrible.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I LOVE this channel. My tv pretty much just stays on ID. It's on right now. They better cancel Cry Wolfe. Seriously. It's horrible and terrible and these unwatchable frigging poorly acted unrealistic reality shows flood every other flippin channel. They need to get that crap off ID.
    I hate "reality" shows with a burning passion! It seems like once a channel starts to show even one "reality" show, then others aren't far behind. A few years ago, the A&E channel was an awesome channel to watch with Cold Case Files, American Justice, and City Confidential. Now there is absolutely nothing worth watching on that channel and it just irritates the crap out of me. They ruined a great channel.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Same here mammy. They're just terrible and ruin entire channels!! What pisses me off more than anything about them is that they insult people's intelligence. I mean do people not realize these shows are scripted?

I love the real life crime documentaries like Cold Case Files, American Justice, Dateline, First 48 & Forensic Files. I don't like how ID makes copycat shows just like what was it.... Almost Got Away with It and then after that show was something like ....what was it I forget the name of this copycat show
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I hate "reality" shows with a burning passion! It seems like once a channel starts to show even one "reality" show, then others aren't far behind. A few years ago, the A&E channel was an awesome channel to watch with Cold Case Files, American Justice, and City Confidential. Now there is absolutely nothing worth watching on that channel and it just irritates the crap out of me. They ruined a great channel.
    It's not even "arts and entertainment" anymore, but pure garbage. PLEASE don't ruin ID in the same fashion.

Same here mammy. They're just terrible and ruin entire channels!! What pisses me off more than anything about them is that they insult people's intelligence. I mean do people not realize these shows are scripted?
    Apparently not. I wish reality TV would GO AWAY. It's so old and lame now. I like the Voice and AI but I'm not sure if that really qualifies as reality TV as it's actually real.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Apparently not. I wish reality TV would GO AWAY. It's so old and lame now. I like the Voice and AI but I'm not sure if that really qualifies as reality TV as it's actually real.
    Nah I wouldn't classify those shows as Reality TV.

Nah I wouldn't classify those shows as Reality TV.
    Yay!

YuukaK Guest
    The only thing I like to watch on A&E now is Criminal Minds reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Yay!
    lol@Yay! Like I'm the be all end all of everything TV. I wish I was. In fact if I run for President Of TV I'd appreciate all your votes. Imagine a television landscape devoid of reality shows, Kardashians, Biebers, MTV, and a network that shall remain nameless because they put Scott and his tour dealio on air. Not to worry... I end that network and put Scott's stuff on a decent network. No more Nancy Grace. No more politically biased 24 hour cable news networks. And that includes the one that leans left. One 24 hour news network may remain but they have to do nothing but report the news. No bias. No BS. Report what's happening. That's it. I have much much more but I'll cut it short for now. I hope I can depend on your vote.

Mammy Guest
    I don't even know what channel these shows are on, but "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" and "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" destroyed my perception of humanity. These shows have actual fans, people who choose to watch them and aren't even at gunpoint at the time. Then you throw in the Kardashians and Dog the Bounty Hunter and whatever train wreck is going on with Tori Spelling and her leech and whatever way Courtney Stodden and Dougie can get any media attention and it's just a lost cause. That damn "Cops" started it all.

lol Mammy... The irony being that COPS actually IS reality TV. It's like the only show that is actually reality tv. You know what started it? Mother Effin Real World on MTV. That was the beginning. MTV is responsible for all this. It's banned in my home. Seriously. Blocked and banned.

Mammy Guest
    lol Mammy... The irony being that COPS actually IS reality TV. It's like the only show that is actually reality tv. You know what started it? Mother Effin Real World on MTV. That was the beginning. MTV is responsible for all this. It's banned in my home. Seriously. Blocked and banned.
    I don't have to block it or ban it, nobody would watch it in my home anyway. You're right, "Cops" is actually reality TV, but I still don't like it. My ex-husband loved that show and that's reason enough for me not to like the show. It reminds me of that asshole. Lol

hahaha Cops does get old. How many times can you see drunks get arrested? I liked it for awhile. It made me laugh.

Since we're talking ID do any of you watch Homicide Hunter? It's the one with Lt. Joe Kenda. I love the show and I like how Kenda tells the story. But if he's that egotistical and actually talks like that in person I think I'd have to kick him square in the nuts. I'm imagining him at a restaurant and getting the wrong meal. He goes investigating what went wrong with his order and questions everyone in that same storytelling voice.

lol@Yay! Like I'm the be all end all of everything TV. I wish I was. In fact if I run for President Of TV I'd appreciate all your votes. Imagine a television landscape devoid of reality shows, Kardashians, Biebers, MTV, and a network that shall remain nameless because they put Scott and his tour dealio on air. Not to worry... I end that network and put Scott's stuff on a decent network. No more Nancy Grace. No more politically biased 24 hour cable news networks. And that includes the one that leans left. One 24 hour news network may remain but they have to do nothing but report the news. No bias. No BS. Report what's happening. That's it. I have much much more but I'll cut it short for now. I hope I can depend on your vote.
    No Nancy Grace? You are my hero.

I don't even know what channel these shows are on, but "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" and "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" destroyed my perception of humanity. These shows have actual fans, people who choose to watch them and aren't even at gunpoint at the time. Then you throw in the Kardashians and Dog the Bounty Hunter and whatever train wreck is going on with Tori Spelling and her leech and whatever way Courtney Stodden and Dougie can get any media attention and it's just a lost cause. That damn "Cops" started it all.
    Remember when it was MUSIC television and you could watch videos and such?

hahaha Cops does get old. How many times can you see drunks get arrested? I liked it for awhile. It made me laugh.

Since we're talking ID do any of you watch Homicide Hunter? It's the one with Lt. Joe Kenda. I love the show and I like how Kenda tells the story. But if he's that egotistical and actually talks like that in person I think I'd have to kick him square in the nuts. I'm imagining him at a restaurant and getting the wrong meal. He goes investigating what went wrong with his order and questions everyone in that same storytelling voice.
    I love Joe Kenda. His deadpan delivery makes me giggle every time I watch. He is awesome and a great investigator. He's very intuitive. I wonder if he really is like that in person? IDK why, but his personality makes me laugh.

Heh I went further with the Nancy Grace bit but I backspaced a lot before I hit enter. And yeah, just imagine a channel named Music Television actually playing music? That's crazy!! Want a funny thought? Joe Kenda in that storytelling voice having phone sex. "Oh my. You're hot. In fact, you're so hot I had an accident. I don't like accidents. Accidents startle me. Accidents don't please me." rotfl!!

Update: No laughs for Joe Kenda having phone sex!!? What the hell? That's GOLD! A comic takes that to the comedy club and he/she is gonna get laughs.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 08-14-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Heh I went further with the Nancy Grace bit but I backspaced a lot before I hit enter. And yeah, just imagine a channel named Music Television actually playing music? That's crazy!! Want a funny thought? Joe Kenda in that storytelling voice having phone sex. "Oh my. You're hot. In fact, you're so hot I had an accident. I don't like accidents. Accidents startle me. Accidents don't please me." rotfl!!

Update: No laughs for Joe Kenda having phone sex!!? What the hell? That's GOLD! A comic takes that to the comedy club and he/she is gonna get laughs.

PurrPurr Guest
    She FAKED another miscarriage! A terrifying 'Deadly Women' episode:
    http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...ign=DicoveryID

Quote Originally Posted by dulcinea View Post
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine is an actor and has been in a couple of episodes of Homicide Hunter, so I've watched those episodes He (Joe Kenda, not my friend) just seems so over the top. I suppose the crimes are real but it just seems like they are stretching to make them seem more sinister than what they are.

The new season of Homicide Hunter starts tonight at 10PM EST

The new season of Homicide Hunter starts tonight at 10PM EST
    Sweet!

The reality scourge is ruining all of the great channels. Remember CourtTv when Rikki Klieman and Fred Graham were on it? I also really liked Catherine Crier. That channel is a disgrace now, but it really upsets me how much the A&E channel has been ruined. There's not much of anything crime related that is fit to watch anymore.
    Reminds me of when "E-Entertainment" was actually a good channel to watch back in the early 2000's. Mysteries & Scandals, E True Hollywood Story were all very entertaining, now anything on that channel is just drivel to me. Love Investigation Discovery, and they have a lot of their material on Netflix, like Deadly Women. Also, since Paul Winfield passed, I think "City Confidential" has been renamed "Sins & Secrets", it has the same music intro. Hope that helps...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I loved Paul Winfield on City Confidential. It's amazing how much a voice or the way a line is delivered can alter an entire show.

The new season of A Crime To Remember starts tonight at 10EST. They've had a marathon of the first season on today. The new episode tonight is about a woman named Kitty Genovese whose rape and murder was witnessed by 37 people and no one reported it. I'm refraining from looking her murder up because I want to see the show all virginated. If you haven't seen the show it's really good. A Death Hag's delight. Seriously.

Mammy Guest
    I loved Paul Winfield on City Confidential. It's amazing how much a voice or the way a line is delivered can alter an entire show.
    Paul Winfield was the shit! I loved his voice and could listen to him talk all day. It really upset me when he died. Bill Kurtis has my favorite voice. I miss the old time A&E channel before they got rid of the good shows and fucked it all up.

PurrPurr Guest
    A&E went to hell, just like after Court TV became that BS TruTV. I'm glad ID has stood pretty much the same thus far. It's a death hag's Utopia.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    A&E went to hell, just like after Court TV became that BS TruTV. I'm glad ID has stood pretty much the same thus far. It's a death hag's Utopia.
    I like a lot of the shows on ID, but they have the most ridiculous amount of commercials of any channel I've ever seen!

PurrPurr Guest
    Commercials are lesser of two evils. At least with ID, we don't have to tolerate one pointless "reality" show after another.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Commercials are lesser of two evils. At least with ID, we don't have to tolerate one pointless "reality" show after another.
    You definitely have a point there! I just wait until someone uploads the ID shows without the commercials on YouTube.

I really don't notice a higher number of commercials on ID. A really cool thing about A Crime To Remember is that they'll show some commercials that were showing at the time of the crime they are talking about. I think it's cool.

I really don't notice a higher number of commercials on ID. A really cool thing about A Crime To Remember is that they'll show some commercials that were showing at the time of the crime they are talking about. I think it's cool.
    I saw that one for the first time last night and really liked it. I really like how they did up the sets and everything else to look like that part of time. I only caught the last 10 minutes of the Kitty case, but I set up my DVR to record all the episodes from now on. Reelz has good shows too that I DVR - Snapped, Solved, Cold Case Files, Autopsy: The Finals hours of, and some other shows.

You definitely have a point there! I just wait until someone uploads the ID shows without the commercials on YouTube.
    There are tons of shows from ID Discovery on YT, but some channels do have commercials (at least you have the choice to skip them often times though). I've watched just about all the Snapped episodes. I've watched all the "Who the Bleep Did I Marry" eps that are on YT and now I'm working on the Dateline murder shows (that air on Inv. Disc. on Sundays).

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    There are tons of shows from ID Discovery on YT, but some channels do have commercials (at least you have the choice to skip them often times though). I've watched just about all the Snapped episodes. I've watched all the "Who the Bleep Did I Marry" eps that are on YT and now I'm working on the Dateline murder shows (that air on Inv. Disc. on Sundays).
    I've been finding a lot of "On The Case" with Paula Zahn on YouTube. Her programs last longer and usually go into more detail than other shows. I like the show a lot. I've encountered a few videos on there with commercials, but not very many.

I've been finding a lot of "On The Case" with Paula Zahn on YouTube. Her programs last longer and usually go into more detail than other shows. I like the show a lot. I've encountered a few videos on there with commercials, but not very many.
    I like that Susan Lucci show "Deadly Affairs". She still cracks me up after all these years.

Susan Lucci annoys me. There's something..... off about her. She resembles the crypt keeper more and more every time I see her. Could be because she's like 80 and trying to pretend like she's 30. And that's not sexist. Guys that do the same annoy me as well.

Mammy Guest
    I like that Susan Lucci show "Deadly Affairs". She still cracks me up after all these years.
    I haven't watched that show. I'll have to see if it is on YouTube.

I haven't watched that show. I'll have to see if it is on YouTube.
    Some of them are on Youtube, not very many or any recent ones but there are a few.

Mammy Guest
    Some of them are on Youtube, not very many or any recent ones but there are a few.
    Thank you, they probably get taken down pretty often due to copyrights. I'll look soon just in case that happens.

Thank you, they probably get taken down pretty often due to copyrights. I'll look soon just in case that happens.
    Oh God I know!!! I get so frustrated with YT yanking good shows off due to copyrights!! So annoying!! LOL.

Mammy Guest
    Oh God I know!!! I get so frustrated with YT yanking good shows off due to copyrights!! So annoying!! LOL.
    It drives me nuts! I watched a show on there and the next day decided I should watch it again in case it got removed. It was already gone by then.

It drives me nuts! I watched a show on there and the next day decided I should watch it again in case it got removed. It was already gone by then.
    There is one channel that plays a lot of shows from the UK and it is always getting deleted by YT due to copyrights. But the guy who runs just keeps creating new channels and re-uploads the shows. This has been going on for about 2 years now LOL.

Some of the shows are from Discovery Communications (I guess they have channels over in the UK as well as here in the US) and they are very nasty about copyright stuff. That is why you rarely see shows from Discovery or TLC on YT, you see clips of shows from those channels.

I'm amazed at how long the Investigation Discovery shows have stay on YT.

Mammy Guest
    I watched one a few days ago that was so blurry it gave me a headache. After they've already been shown on television, I don't see what the big deal is with the episodes being put on YouTube. I can understand it with new shows.

I watched one a few days ago that was so blurry it gave me a headache. After they've already been shown on television, I don't see what the big deal is with the episodes being put on YouTube. I can understand it with new shows.

I don't understand it either. I think Discovery Communications might be counting on DVD sales which is why they are so anal about Youtube. But you're right what difference does it make if it's shown on tv or YT.

Mammy Guest
    I don't understand it either. I think Discovery Communications might be counting on DVD sales which is why they are so anal about Youtube. But you're right what difference does it make if it's shown on tv or YT.
    Probably so, it would be a damn shame to keep them from making a nickel or two.

Did anyone catch the new episode of Deadly Women last night? Holy shit I was pissed. There was a story that happened in Australia. A woman and her 16 year old daughter were moving and the mother let her daughter stay with one of the mother's friend so she could start school on time whilst the mom finished the move. Long story short the woman turned the shy 16 year old girl into a slave and eventually beat her to death. OMG. It's one of those stories that just pisses you off to no end while you're watching. A lot like that woman and her kids in Indiana in the 50s or 60s that took in that girl and beat her, tortured her to death. That one got me too.

Did anyone catch the new episode of Deadly Women last night? Holy shit I was pissed. There was a story that happened in Australia. A woman and her 16 year old daughter were moving and the mother let her daughter stay with one of the mother's friend so she could start school on time whilst the mom finished the move. Long story short the woman turned the shy 16 year old girl into a slave and eventually beat her to death. OMG. It's one of those stories that just pisses you off to no end while you're watching. A lot like that woman and her kids in Indiana in the 50s or 60s that took in that girl and beat her, tortured her to death. That one got me too.
    I didn't watch ID Discovery at all last night. If I had seen what that show was about I would have changed the channel. What a sad story. Do they have the death penalty in Australia? I think this woman would have been a good candidate for it. And really, how could she possibly think she could get away with it? I mean it was a temporary situation, wasn't it? Eventually the mother of the girl was going to come get her right? God, what a demented human being!

I didn't watch ID Discovery at all last night. If I had seen what that show was about I would have changed the channel. What a sad story. Do they have the death penalty in Australia? I think this woman would have been a good candidate for it. And really, how could she possibly think she could get away with it? I mean it was a temporary situation, wasn't it? Eventually the mother of the girl was going to come get her right? God, what a demented human being!
    Ok... get ready to be really pissed. The woman only got like 3 years, but she died 1 year into her sentence. The situation was messed up. When mom came to get her daughter she was told her daughter didn't want to go with her and wanted to stay where she was. Mom goes to the cops but the cops say since the daughter is 16 she can make her own choice. I don't even think they investigated.

For those interested in the Kitty Genovese episode of A Crime To Remember I was talking about earlier they are showing it on the website for nothing. Here's the link. It's really good. I'm going to post it in the Kitty Genovese thread too. Enjoy!

http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...-witnesses.htm
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 11-15-2014 at 06:16 AM.

yeah the other story like that was the Sylvia Likins story. It was just horrible story. O think the movie about it is called an american crime and has ellen page, I think there is a good crime library episode on it too.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou.../likens/1.html

http://www.sylvialikens.com/

theres another site about her. there is a good thread in police blotter too.

As I typed this I just turned on ID and the very end of the similar AU case.

Hats off to Catherine Keener on that one. My wife still gets mad when she sees her. She brought some raw evil to the role. Great movie all around really. Unfortunately it's a very sad case and I personally was deeply impacted by it way before the movie. But the movie introduced many people to the story of Sylvia Likins and her horrible demise.
    I am the king of all things stupid!