Thread: DeShaun "Proof" Holton

deathbecomezher Guest

DeShaun "Proof" Holton

Rap Musician. Also known as Dirty Harry and Oil Can Harry. A native of Detroit, Michigan, he was a member of the popular rap group, 'D12.' The group which usually sang with the likes of Eminem also included the members Swift, Kon Artis, Bizarre, and Kuniva. A longtime friend of Eminem's Proof along with Bizarre was an original founder of the group in 1990. Also known as the Dirty Dozen or Eminem's hypemen, the group released there debut album, "Devil's Night," on the Interscope Records Label in 2001. That album had the popular recording of 'Purple Hills,' which Eminem appeared on. In 1998 Proof rose to national attention and received The Sources' 1999 Unsigned Hype Award and was in the running for the 1998 Blaze Battle. Other successes by Proof was collaborating with Dogmatic for the Promatic album, joining Eminem's 'Anger Management' Tour, and appearing in Eminem's biographical movie, "8 Mile," as 'Lil' Tic.' He also released a six-song EP, 'Electric Koolaid-Acid Testing,' the solo album, "Searching For Jerry Garcia," in 2005, and the single, 'Gurlz With Da Boom.' Also the recipient of the Inner City Entertainment's Flava of the Year Award in 1998, he has also collaborated with several other artists. Other recordings by the group are, 'Pistol Pistol,' 'American Psycho,' 'Nasty Mind,' 'Ain' Nuttin But Music,' 'Girls,' 'My Band,' 'How Come,' 'I'll be Damned,' 'Dude,' 'Commercial Break,' and '40 Oz.' In January 2006, Proof was the best man at Eminem's marriage to his former wife Kim. In the early morning hours of April 11, 2006, while partying at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Road, in Detroit, Michigan, Proof was shot and killed at the age of 30. Another man was also shot and died.

just wanted to add that i went to eminem's concert in detroit in august of 2005. it was a good show but i especially remember at the end of the show, proof came out and thanked everyone for coming out and how detroit fans had always been especially supportive. it was a very gracious thing to do.

John carpenter Guest
    Another "Crapper" Bites the Dust

Noreen Guest
    My son was a big fan of Proof.

RIP DeShaun, you are missed.

ReadMe71 Guest
    Little disappointed this is all there is on Proof. I'm new to the forums, was hoping to see/read a more in depth thread. I'd do it myself but, unlike most of you, I have no clue how to get the info you guys get....yes, I've searched the web. Thanks for at least having a thread.

you could join tumblr.....I thought I had alot of stuff on kurt cobain/NIRVANA til I met up with some peeps over there.....wow.
    welcome to the forums, by the way. I am relatively new here also, I love it. very nice group of people.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]