Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 3307

Thread: Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

DonnaMc Guest
    Hello. I'm new to FAD but addicted already. I always thought something was wrong with me because I liked all this stuff, but now I know I'm not the only one!!

Welcome to all the newbies. We're glad you're here.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, folks!

One of the (many?) things my friends and family think is a bit "off" about me is that human suffering (not including people I care about) bothers me not one iota but I cannot go NEAR anything that depicts animals suffering because it upsets me so much. Like if that Sarah McLaughlin/ASPCA commercial comes on and the remote is not within reach I have to close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears and repeat "nananananana" for a minute or so so I don't see or hear anything.

Is this normal in the Death Hag community, or am I odd even here?

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    I cannot go NEAR anything that depicts animals suffering because it upsets me so much. Like if that Sarah McLaughlin/ASPCA commercial comes on and the remote is not within reach I have to close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears and repeat "nananananana" for a minute or so so I don't see or hear anything.

Is this normal in the Death Hag community, or am I odd even here?
    I've noticed that most of us death hags can look at people torn in two, people with no heads, someone shot to shit, but boy when it comes to animals... NO WAY. We don't want to see it. I'm an animal lover and I don't even like reading the topic headers about abuse to animals. Animals are so innocent and helpless. People who abuse animals are sick bastards.

Anyway, welcome to all the newbies.
    Last edited by gemini33; 01-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.

DonnaMc Guest
    Has anyone ever heard of The Body Farm? "It consists of a 2.5-acre (10,000 m2) wooded plot, surrounded by a razor wire fence. At any one time there will be a number of bodies placed in different settings throughout the facility and left to decompose. The bodies are exposed in a number of ways in order to provide insights into decomposition under varying conditions. Detailed observations and records of the decomposition process are kept, including the sequence and speed of decomposition and the effects of insect activity.
    Bodies are obtained from various sources. Some have lain unclaimed at the medical examiner's office, while over 300 people have voluntarily donated their bodies to the Body Farm. Approximately 120 bodies are donated to the facility every year.(Wikepedia)

How would you like to visit this place? There are a few pics on the internet under the Body Farm. Insects - Gag!

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum as far as having an account goes but I'm not new to the site itself. I've lurking about for a few years now. My name is Valerie but y'all can call me the Graveyard Groupie because of my love of cemeteties. It's only been a few years since I started calling myself the Graveyard Groupie. I live in a little town called Fallon, NV. But my birth state is California (East Bay). I pretty much grew up in Hayward, but when I was a few months shy of my 15th B-day, my parents dragged my kicking and screaming from the only home that I had ever known & we moved to a little piss ant town called Yerington. I hated it with a PURPLE PASSION. Anywho, I did manage to graduate from high school without killing my parents (jk) After I moved out in '83 I went to Job Corp just to get away from my parents. Five months later I was able to get into the U.S. Navy. I actually had fun in Orlando, FL after I got out of boot camp. Funny thing is, is that I joined the military to see the world. I'll tell ya one thing though; when I was in Fl the drinking age there was 19. Well Hell's Bells, I was 20 so I partied quite a bit. I was also a light weight when it can to drinking. Hell, anyone could drink me under the table and they usually did too. Anyway, I thought that I could be of some help around here with something should the moment arise. I do have my own stories to tell as well, but I'll leave those for the fourm. Thank you all for letting be one of you hear. You'll never regret it. :SD

jaylene Guest
    Welcome Valerie. AKA Graveyard Groupie. Can't wait to read some of your
    stories and it sounds like you might have some good ones. John Trim always
    has cookies and Kool aid in the break room. Help yourself!!

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    Thank you for that warm wecome jaylene. That's so sweet. Oooo girl, you gotta tell my what kind of cookies does he bake? Inquiring mind want to know.

Forever-27 Guest
    Ahh yea, Fallon , Nevada. Driven threw there many times long 50 I think. Lost alot of money in your state. But the important thing is it was fun.

The people here are nice. Youll like em alot. Theres alot of stuff here to take in.

Forever-27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of The Body Farm? "It consists of a 2.5-acre (10,000 m2) wooded plot, surrounded by a razor wire fence. At any one time there will be a number of bodies placed in different settings throughout the facility and left to decompose. The bodies are exposed in a number of ways in order to provide insights into decomposition under varying conditions. Detailed observations and records of the decomposition process are kept, including the sequence and speed of decomposition and the effects of insect activity.
    Bodies are obtained from various sources. Some have lain unclaimed at the medical examiner's office, while over 300 people have voluntarily donated their bodies to the Body Farm. Approximately 120 bodies are donated to the facility every year.(Wikepedia)

How would you like to visit this place? There are a few pics on the internet under the Body Farm. Insects - Gag!

Theres a thread here somewhere that is about The Body farm. I had seen a show about it, on Nat Geo channel I think.... not sure what channel tho, it was a while ago. .

Heres the thread on The Body Farm

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...=The-Body-Farm
    Last edited by Forever-27; 01-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Welcome donna and Valerie and anyone I have missed.

I know Fallon well. My grandparents lived in Carson City and owned a laundromat on Hwy 50!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Kia Ora everyone, Im Justina, originally from croatia but now in New Zealand via Richmond, VA lol, im an ex jockey, former police officer, current criminology student and i reside in the city that is the birth place of the rocky horror picture show, and we have a lifesized statue of riff raff that i have had a pic taken with my death hag sticker lol, just waiting for scott to put it up on the main site

i love that people here are non judgemental and share my facination with all things death related (cept animals, they just break my heart seeing and hearing the horror stories)

so just wanted to say hi
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Hello Kia Ora and welcome!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Graveyard Groupie View Post
    Thank you for that warm wecome jaylene. That's so sweet. Oooo girl, you gotta tell my what kind of cookies does he bake? Inquiring mind want to know.
    Alway chocolate chip. Welcome Valerie. I see you are from here. I was born and raised in Hayward. Grew up in the Cherryland district. I was out of the Bay Area for several years but have been back about 10 years now.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back from the hell that is Pakistan, and better than ever......

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Welcome home, Stonecold. Glad you made it back safely.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Stone! Welcome back!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

TravelingJams6 Guest

New right here, I just wanted to say hey

I am energized to be among the new participants in your group, and with any luck I'll uncover ample time and energy to remain around.

TravelingJams6 Guest

New right here, I just wanted to say hey

I am energized to be among the new participants in your group, and with any luck I'll uncover ample time and energy to remain around.

Welcome back, SC...

DonnaMc Guest
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. I can't put my computer down anymore. I get to reading on something - and read and read and read. I have learned so much that I didn't know. It's informative, deep, and sometimes amusing. This is going to be great!

Forever-27 Guest
    Donna on the last page I posted the link to the body farm thread you mentioned. You may enjoy it

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    Ooohhh. I just LOVE chocolate chip cookies. yum yum.

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    Hey John, I grew up in Hayward but more closer to Union City than downtown Hayward. I have relitives in Castro Valley, Martinez, Oakland and Dublin. Are you familiar with Fairway Park? That's the area that I grew up at.

Welcome to all the Newbies!!! I know you'll have a great time here. Just jump in, we don't bite - hard.

And don't drink the Kool Aid! Even if it is our sweet John's. NEVER drink the Kool Aid. The cookies are awesome, though!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

26. 02-09-2011, 11:04 PM

Reason
    Spam

27. 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Reason
    spam

jo3077 Guest
    Hello, I'm jennifer from the Murder Mitten State of Michigan and I'm a death hag!

29. 02-15-2011, 03:45 AM

Reason
    spam

jaylene Guest
    Hi Jennifer. Welcome to the board. Psst.... SheBoss does bite
    pretty hard.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jo3077 View Post
    Hello, I'm jennifer from the Murder Mitten State of Michigan and I'm a death hag!
    Hello Jennifer. And have fun, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jo3077 View Post
    Hello Jennifer and welcome!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I've noticed that most of us death hags can look at people torn in two, people with no heads, someone shot to shit, but boy when it comes to animals... NO WAY. We don't want to see it. I'm an animal lover and I don't even like reading the topic headers about abuse to animals. Animals are so innocent and helpless. People who abuse animals are sick bastards.

Anyway, welcome to all the newbies.
    well said. I can't do children either (although I did find JonBenet interesting, kind of a contradiction!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Theres a thread here somewhere that is about The Body farm. I had seen a show about it, on Nat Geo channel I think.... not sure what channel tho, it was a while ago. .

Heres the thread on The Body Farm

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...=The-Body-Farm
    thank you so much, it's always fascinated me!

Calico Jack Guest
    Hello everyone.

Just a person from PA that respects death.

Nice site. Just another person that respects death and the slimming effect it has on ones body.

Welcome Jack!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi there. Welcome!

Hello, Jack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

MinLynn Guest
    So, I've already been posting a lot but realized that I never formally introduced myself! Silly me.

My name is Mindy and right now I live in the Oh so lovely city of Canton, OH*sarcasm*. I'm not from her thank goodness! I originated from the Ozarks of Arkansas and also lived in the Chicago area for 10 years before migrating here. I'm 30 years old and married to a wonderful man. I have 3 gorgeous children who are 10,9 and 8(Jonathon,Ariel and Sebastian). I'm a full time student at The Art Institute majoring in Photography. I've been a death hag since I was a little girl and was a long, long time lurker here before signing up.

Thanks for the wonderful site. It fills a huge part of my down-time!

Welcome to all the new members. Glad you found the place.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello again Min and to everyone else!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Have fun everyone.

Btw, what are Murder Mittens?

Hello all, I've been reading (lurking) here for a long time decided to finally register. I have to say this is a very informative and entertaining site and forum. I love that I'm not the only person with a morbid curiousity and sense of humor. I've read crime books for years and my Mom used to ask "why are you reading those? To learn how to kill somebody?" lol at Mom.

Forever-27 Guest
    Its a sorta a family here, youll see as you post more. As families go, we disagree at times but always come back. Ive learned alot too here and still do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Its a sorta a family here, youll see as you post more. As families go, we disagree at times but always come back. Ive learned alot too here and still do every day.
    Unlike other forums, we don't scream and yell at each other for mundane reasons (example: we don't yell and scream if we don't like Justin Bieber). We're still family here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Welcome Cricket!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DonnaMc Guest
    Welcome!

mamasusaneh Guest

Hello

Hello Death Hags! I've been enjoying the findadeath site for several years. I didn't know there was a forum until recently. I'm so glad to join. Have an interesting Saturday!

DonnaMc Guest
    Hi there. Welcome, and enjoy yourself.

jackmalls2219910242 Guest

Good Evening, All

Thought I'd take minute and say hi to the forum. I'm eager to join in and contribute to the discussion.

dustinthewind Guest
    Hello everyone. This looks like a great site!! I have been reading the forum for a while just never registered until today!

Flynna Guest
    Hello everyone. I'm Ange and I have been lurking around for a couple months now. I decided lurking was not half as much fun as joining in.

*Waving Hi from the St. Louis area*

dustinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynna View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Ange and I have been lurking around for a couple months now. I decided lurking was not half as much fun as joining in.

*Waving Hi from the St. Louis area*

From one Newbie to another. HELLOOOO!!

"waves back from California"