Thread: Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen

Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 12:55 AM.

StonedDeathHag Guest
    Were you at the pigeon john, abilities show??

Another musician dead at 28? He's in good company anyway...

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.

StonedDeathHag Guest
    Madison, Wiscompton. Eyedea came down quite a bit weather it was for UW for their annual hip hop as a movement event, or to the high noon saloon a with abilities a few times a year because it was so close for them. Eyedea went on a hiatus for while and abilities lived in milwaukee, this was before their 3rd album. Eyedea and I had mutual friends that were graffers as well. Got to have a beer with him one night and talk about aliens and space ships. I've been a hip hop head for a while now and loved the steady stream of rhymesayers we received down here. I'm feeling real bad for abilities right now. Slug, brother ali, blueprint all those guys are just sad as shit right now.

My husband was a TOTAL Eyedea fan... He sent me the news brief this morning, he is crushed needless to say. I am not a huge rap fan, but the boy was quick and smooth with his words for sure. I can almost bet my husband has every CD this guy had out. RIP Wordman.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Dang - listening to his Mom, It sounds like she might have never "listened" to his songs. "Mikey was at no time in his life a habitual user or drug addict," she said. "Many factors played a role in the death of my son, one being a toxic level of prescription drugs." He was always battle'n something, he did not hide that, matter of fact he rapped about it often.

Still, a young talent gone to waste ~ way too soon.
    My Posse's On Broadway

lisalouver Guest
    Glad to see a thread on Eyedea, but a lot of the posts have been edited out?

He was huge here in the Twin Cities, where he lived and grew up. His apt where he died is less than a mile from me.

The night before he died, I was hanging out at a friends and we were talking about Eyedea. My friend brought out a shirt he had gotten at a concert where he saw Mikey.

The shirt said "Eyedea is dead"

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Glad to see a thread on Eyedea, but a lot of the posts have been edited out?

He was huge here in the Twin Cities, where he lived and grew up. His apt where he died is less than a mile from me.

The night before he died, I was hanging out at a friends and we were talking about Eyedea. My friend brought out a shirt he had gotten at a concert where he saw Mikey.

The shirt said "Eyedea is dead"

Oh wow - that is some crazy shit, kinda "foreshadowing".

My husband (bless his heart) is/was a huge Eyedea fan. He has all of his released CD's and he crossing his fingers that that have some unreleased material that they can put out. I would not have known of him otherwise, but it is so sad that he had all these demons and to die so young.

I read where his mom said he never had a prescriton drug problem and I just had to shake my head. Denial aint just a river in Egypt ~ she must have never listened to any of his songs....
    My Posse's On Broadway

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Oh wow - that is some crazy shit, kinda "foreshadowing".

My husband (bless his heart) is/was a huge Eyedea fan. He has all of his released CD's and he crossing his fingers that that have some unreleased material that they can put out. I would not have known of him otherwise, but it is so sad that he had all these demons and to die so young.

I read where his mom said he never had a prescriton drug problem and I just had to shake my head. Denial aint just a river in Egypt ~ she must have never listened to any of his songs....
    Rhymesayers whom he was with, is huge here in the Twin Cities and my brother is only a year younger than him, so I knew of him, but had never followed him personally.

Yeah, I've read some things his mother has said since his death and you are sure right. She really didnt want to believe that Mikey had some issues. I knew when I heard they found him what the outcome was going to be.

His music will live on and your husband may get his wish, I have no doubt that there is some unreleased material that will be forthcoming.

Manchita and Michael Eyedea Larsen

I'm not sure how pure the source is, take it with a grain of salt.

Musician Manchita was an off and on girlfriend to Larsen. She shares some of her memories of and thoughts on him in an interview:

Twin Cities rapper and poet Michael ??Eyedea? Larsen, who Monesterio has called ??my person,? died in 2010 from a heroin overdose.

When they first got together, Monesterio recalls, he was a vegetarian who didn??t smoke and always told her that he??d live to be an old man. ??Once he started doing heroin, his self-talk had changed to: ??I??m going to die young,??? she says. She remembers how he idolized Kurt Cobain and once made a T-shirt that said ??EYEDEA IS DEAD.? Larsen needed someone to model it for the Rhymesayers website and insisted Monesterio do it despite her objections.

??I don??t like that and I don??t want to put it into the universe,? she remembers telling him. ??I finally did it. It??s one of the biggest regrets I have.?

13. 01-12-2019, 06:55 PM