Thread: Ohlemacher murders: Did mortgage broker kill clients?

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest

Ohlemacher murders: Did mortgage broker kill clients?

Interesting case. It's crazy if their broker really did kill them. What do you guys think?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4620326.shtml

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...5-santa-fe-nm/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpvtBBLOt4k

"In August 2005, Renee Ohlemacher says she awoke to the screams of her mother. Both her parents had been shot and murdered inside the family's home. Following the murders, police initially focused their investigation on Renee, and even her own relatives cast a suspicious eye on her.

But several months later, the focus shifted to a mortgage broker. Could his drive to close deals and the pressures of the job lead him to commit a double murder? Or is the family right - is Renee really behind the murders?"

tarsier Guest
    My money is on the broker soulless sob's that they are.

Biter Guest
    VERY interesting case. My money is also on the mortgage broker. The only supposed "evidence" against the daughter is that she didn't react the way they thought she should following the murders. I really get angry at that train of thought - EVERYBODY reacts differently to these types of situations.

RogerV Guest
    It's an interesting case, to say the least. Personally, if I were on the jury I'd have a hard time voting to convict the broker on just the evidence of the shell casing they may or may not have found.

Renee's parents don't sound like THEY were the nicest people in the world, but that's hardly justification for murdering them. Have the police checked out ALL family members who know the layout of the house and the dog?

By itself, I don't see Renee's interest in her financial situation as incriminating. ANYONE would want to know how he or she stood financially after the sudden death of both parents. However, I will admit some of he other things she said and did don't look so good, but again they're not admissable in court.

Sounds to me like the DA's office fouled up the case pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    By itself, I don't see Renee's interest in her financial situation as incriminating. ANYONE would want to know how he or she stood financially after the sudden death of both parents. However, I will admit some of he other things she said and did don't look so good, but again they're not admissable in court.
    That's true. While I would be devastated if both my parents were murdered, I would still have to figure out funeral arrangements and the like if they didn't have all of that in order. Not to mention regular bills. Unfortunately, it costs a lot of money to die.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

RadioSteph Guest
    I see that I am a little late to the game with a post on this thread, but this case has fascinated me from the start, and I wonder if there is still any interest in it. Bizarre, to say the least. I think there is something terribly wrong with the daughter, but I'm not sure that she was part of the murder. If there had been a previous link between the daughter and the mortgage broker, I believe the police would have found it. Further, the disappearing and reappearing shell casing concerns me. I do NOT believe that the shell casing was there - as the pictures show. I do believe that it showed up later, perhaps because they needed some evidence against this guy. Even the police stated that they may have somehow misplaced or miscounted the casings. What's even stranger is that this guy doesn't seem to be terribly emotionally stable - but to MURDER two people because he screwed up their loan? That's a stretch. I think that the daughter is entirely capable of some awful things, and she struck me as basically an awful person, but -- no evidence. I would still find it more plausible that the daughter was involved that the mortgage broker. What's the status on this case? I know that the judge initially did not allow the shell casing, but that his arrest or trial, or lack thereof, seemed to hinge on just that search. What do you think? Any new information on this?

I think that if your family isn't willing to support you it says a lot about the kind of person you are. Think the mortgage broker is a stretch and princess had something to do with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Man, this is a tough case! No gunpowder residue on Renee's hands or clothing, yet she doesn't dial 911 immediately after the murders take place. And shell casings from the gun used in the crime found at the broker's home, yet they weren't in the crime scene photo's until later. I wouldn't think a girl as young as Renee would be smart enough to commit such a crime without leaving evidence. The broker had previously owned a 9mm and sold it, but what would be in it for him to off them? I just don't see anything adding up yet...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

So, the daughter got the 1mil (parents' life insurance), and Santiago is out free on bond?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Santiago was acquitted of all charges and this case remains unsolved. Sad.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!