Thread: "Miss Hollywood", Jill Ann Weatherwax

stacebabe Guest

"Miss Hollywood", Jill Ann Weatherwax

Back when E True Hollywood Story had quality episodes, there was always one that stuck out for me. "The Murder of Miss Hollywood" -- Jill Ann Weatherwax.

It was about Jill Ann Weatherwax -- a beautiful girl (her boyfriend arranged to have the title of "Miss Hollywood" bestowed upon her) who appeared to have the world at her feet, but eventually went down a bad path and she was murdered in Fresno. They never found her murderers.

Here's her Find a Grave Link:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=16425258&

There's only scarce information on the internet about her -- all I can find is old stuff by her sister. I was hoping by posting this it may drum up some stuff I hadn't seen?

crazedfemale Guest
    Is she any relation to Rudd Weatherwax, Lassie's trainer? Ken Weatherwax, who played Pugsley in the Addams Family TV series is Rudd's nephew. Such an unusual last name, there must be some relation there.
    Last edited by crazedfemale; 04-25-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Back when E True Hollywood Story had quality episodes, there was always one that stuck out for me. "The Murder of Miss Hollywood" -- Jill Ann Weatherwax.

It was about Jill Ann Weatherwax -- a beautiful girl (her boyfriend arranged to have the title of "Miss Hollywood" bestowed upon her) who appeared to have the world at her feet, but eventually went down a bad path and she was murdered in Fresno. They never found her murderers.

Here's her Find a Grave Link:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=16425258&

There's only scarce information on the internet about her -- all I can find is old stuff by her sister. I was hoping by posting this it may drum up some stuff I hadn't seen?
    I remember watching that episode, didn't she get involved in drugs,prostitution?

stacebabe Guest
    Yes, she did. She had been going out with a rich restaraunt guy, I think, but then got involved with drugs, and he broke up with her because of it, and she ended up addicted to drugs and prostituting herself, which is likely why they haven't found her killer -- when you're that far out of touch with people, and you're prostituting, you don't generally call a buddy and say, "Hey, I'm going to go suck John Smith's dick, his cell is 784-555-5555 - just so you know in case I end up missing." KWIM?

stacebabe Guest
    Apparently, Google has more results than Yahoo -- I found a Facebook memorial:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=60581617802

Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Is she any relation to Rudd Weatherwax, Lassie's trainer? Ken Weatherwax, who played Pugsley in the Addams Family TV series is Rudd's nephew. Such an unusual last name, there must be some relation there.
    When I saw the last name was thinking the same thing.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

stacebabe Guest
    According to the episode, I don't think she was related to anyone remotely famous.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    I'd love to re-watch that episode! It's one of those episodes that stays with you and you think about it from time to time. I'm surprised there isn't more about the case out there!
    It's terrible that she went down the road she did. She had a great voice and could've accomplished anything she set her mind to.
    Wasn't the restaurant guy Ciro or something like that?
    Damn now I want to watch the episode again.

Lisamarie Guest
    Reminds me of Christa Helm....so sad

I remembered the E! THS episode about Jill Ann (along with the Karyn Kupcinet one). Both stuck in my memory for some reason. Too bad E! doesn't air the old ones as I'd love to see both in their entirety again. Part of Jill's E! THS is currently up on YouTube. Her story was a hell of a lot more tragic and seedy than I remember. Her sister seems (or seemed) to be in complete denial about how low Jill feel in her final years.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Back when E True Hollywood Story had quality episodes
    You don't find these current episodes to be of the highest quality?

The E! True Hollywood Story: Holly Madison
    The E! True Hollywood Story: Snooki
    The E! True Hollywood Story: Bethenny Frankel

(Does E! now require that you have a reality show and no discernible talent?)

Wow thanks for this post didn't know about this.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    You don't find these current episodes to be of the highest quality?

The E! True Hollywood Story: Holly Madison
    The E! True Hollywood Story: Snooki
    The E! True Hollywood Story: Bethenny Frankel

(Does E! now require that you have a reality show and no discernible talent?)
    Hahahahahahaha....excellent!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    What do they mean that her boyfriend arranged to have the "Miss Hollywood" title bestowed on her? Was it a pageant, or did they just decide that she'd refer to herself that way a la Courtney Stodden decided she would be "Miss Ocean Shores"?

jewel weathrwax Guest

FYI for you ALL

Yes, she did. She had been going out with a rich restaraunt guy, I think, but then got involved with drugs, and he broke up with her because of it, and she ended up addicted to drugs and prostituting herself, which is likely why they haven't found her killer -- when you're that far out of touch with people, and you're prostituting, you don't generally call a buddy and say, " Hey, I'm going to go suck John Smith's dick, his cell is 784-555-5555 - just so you know in case I end up missing." KWIM?
    The toxicology reports from my sisters autopsy came back negative for drugs, alcohol and semen. There was something definitely wrong going on there but not what the media so fond of or this forum has posted to date. Her case is still open a active. AND no, I am not in denial. Still seeking the truth. March 24th 2016- marks 18 years. Still seeking JUSTICE.

jewel weathrwax, first, welcome to the forum. Second, people in the news are fair game here--we can say whatever we want about them whether rumor, truth, outright lie, or mocking. You get the idea. But our members and their opinions are not to be criticized. Rule 4. Please read FAQ.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ms Weathrwax - I'll second Cindyt - Welcome to the forum. Yes sometimes incorrect information is spread around -- here and on other media -- most of us do what research we can. However, no one will ever turn down an opportunity to hear from someone with inside knowledge; that's how we learn. Please, don't judge us because we happen to be part of Findadeath. We really aren't all ghouls, but we do all have an interest in common. We're really pretty cool people.

An article with some added detail: http://www.tctimes.com/news/beauty-q...9bb2963f4.html

Apparently her story was also featured on the May 8th, 1999 episode of America's Most Wanted.

I'm curious as to why the article states the DNA testing wasn't available at the time she was murdered, when in fact it was...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I didn't even notice that statement - by police no less - that DNA testing was "unheard of" in 1998. In fact, that year, DNA proved that Thomas Jefferson fathered at least one of Sally Hemmings' children (and probably all six). If they haven't tested or re-tested evidence, by all means they should do it now!

jewel weathrwax Guest

Thank-you for the welcome to the forum....

Quote Originally Posted by jewel weathrwax View Post
    The toxicology reports from my sisters autopsy came back negative for drugs, alcohol and semen. There was something definitely wrong going on there but not what the media so fond of or this forum has posted to date. Her case is still open a active. AND no, I am not in denial. Still seeking the truth. March 24th 2016- marks 18 years. Still seeking JUSTICE.

My intention was not to break any rules of this forum. Please understand I only am interested in sharing facts. There is a lot of supposition. Thank-you for the welcome. Should any new information become available I will remember this forum will follow up. ~ jewel
    03/24/2016 marks 18 years since Jill's murder. The case remains open.

Today, the 18th anniversary of her death, we will think of Jill and celebrate her life. Thank you so much, Jewel. We want nothing more than answers and justice for your beautiful sister.

Death itself is painful when you're the one left behind. I can't imagine being left behind AND having so many unanswered questions.

Re: DNA is there a reason they can't test now or is there nothing to test? The above isn't making sense assuming there is potential evidence that could be tested. (?!)

Rhonda Guest

Findagrave?????

I don't think all the photos on the Findagrave site are of her....

Jewel I'm so sorry about your sister. Thanks for stopping in at this forum. I haven't seen the THS, just wondering what you thought of it?

Also, just an aside, my mother's side of the family were Shilts, but it was changed to Shields when they immigrated to the US. I'd never heard that name before, so I thought it was interesting.

What a sad way to be taken from this world. Hopefully if there is some DNA evidence, they will test it and maybe catch the pricks that did this to her. We can only hope. Sorry about your sister Jewel, I hope you will get the answers you are looking for.

"...last seen getting into a green or grey Ford with three unidentified Hispanic men..."

Not exactly the start of a proper date and night out on the town. This case has some Black Dahlia elements to it: still unsolved, victim came to town with dreams of movie stardom, body dumped in a vacant lot, possible descent into prostitution when her ambitions didn't pan out.

According to the episode, I don't think she was related to anyone remotely famous.
    Yeah. From what I recall, the Rudd Weatherwax clan's roots were somewhere in the Southwest before moving to California. Her family looks to have been in Michigan for several generations at least--so if there is a famiy connection, it's pretty remote.