Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morgan Harrington: Missing from Metallica Concert

Thanks for the update, I have been following this

Wendy A. Guest
    I follow this case too, it's so scary! I'm so glad they more and likely have their guy, but it certainly almost dashes any hope for Heather's family of them finding her alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I follow this case too, it's so scary! I'm so glad they more and likely have their guy, but it certainly almost dashes any hope for Heather's family of them finding her alive.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone around here is thinking, too... though no one's really voiced it. I'm sure Hannah's parents are devastated with this news. Morgan's parents have been doing a good job of trying to put the focus back on finding Hannah. They started a foundation called "Save the Next Girl" several years ago in Morgan's honor, and since this case already hit so close to home, they were already involved with the search for Hannah.

We have a few other unsolved cases in this area that they are checking into now. He seems to have had a type and there is at least one that I'm thinking may come back connected to him.

Not Fade Away Guest
    Yeah, its obvious to everyone they don't expect to find her alive. On one hand they're saying don't give up hope and yet to THOROUGHLY SEARCH PROPERTY. Because I'm sure she's just wandering around someone's farmland somewhere, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
    Yeah, its obvious to everyone they don't expect to find her alive. On one hand they're saying don't give up hope and yet to THOROUGHLY SEARCH PROPERTY. Because I'm sure she's just wandering around someone's farmland somewhere, right?
    Do you remember the Childs/Metzler murder from a few years ago? I'm sort of wondering if he had something to do with that. I know they're looking into it. It looked like a crime of opportunity, though, and I'm not sure if he would have approached her when she had another man with her...

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Wow... What a gorgeous girl

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone around here is thinking, too... though no one's really voiced it. I'm sure Hannah's parents are devastated with this news. Morgan's parents have been doing a good job of trying to put the focus back on finding Hannah. They started a foundation called "Save the Next Girl" several years ago in Morgan's honor, and since this case already hit so close to home, they were already involved with the search for Hannah.

We have a few other unsolved cases in this area that they are checking into now. He seems to have had a type and there is at least one that I'm thinking may come back connected to him.
    I'd be shocked if he has been dormant from Morgan to Heather. There's bound to be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
    When they said thoroughly search your property, Morgan immediately came to my mind.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09...is-107643.html CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - They both were walking alone, separated from their friends late at night on or near the University of Virginia campus. One was found dead nearly five years ago. The other is still missing.

Thank you, Dulcinea for all the updates!

They pretty much nailed it on the composite sketch.

Little Chief Guest
    I'm so glad they finally got him. Hope he rots.

Update: Jesse Matthew has taken a plea deal and received 4 life sentences +65 years in addition to the 3 life sentences he is serving in Fairfax for rape. This link has the plea deal for Morgan Harrington's rape and murder including details the prosecution witnesses would have testified to if the case had gone forward. http://wset.com/news/local/prosecuto...t-of-plea-deal

This is so sad, she would have been alright if they had let her back into the concert. Well done, Metallica for putting up money to find her safe, not that it mattered in the scheme of things. Looks like this guy Jesse Matthew was a busy, crazy, nutcase. I found the following on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...ana_Harrington

A forensic connection was later made to Jesse Matthew, the prime suspect in themurder of Hannah Graham, a UVA student who is believed to have been abducted on September 13, 2014.[2] On September 15, 2015, Jesse Matthew was formally charged with first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile in the murder of Morgan Harrington.[3] On March 2, 2016, Matthew entered an Alford plea to the abduction and murder of both Graham and Harrington, receiving four consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole.

In both cases, the 2 girls were drinking heavily the nights they disappeared. Graham left the bar with Matthew (voluntarily, judging from the eyewitnesses who saw her leave), while Harrington wandered off on foot from the Metallica concert (after being denied reentry to the arena) and was last seen hitchhiking on a nearby bridge in the dark of night. Horrific and sad end to 2 young lives with much potential but, Jesus, where was their built-in early warning system that should've been flashing DANGER! DANGER! in those situations? Dulled from too much booze I guess.

Yep. And the young think they are invincible.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yep. And the young think they are invincible.
    That's true

Being drunk in public is never really good, your reaction time and situational awareness is damn near non existent.