Thread: The American Me Murders

magblax Guest

The American Me Murders

American Me was released in theaters March of 1992. This was the movie that Edward James Olmos did about the Mexican Mafia. They used real members as advisors to make sure that they were portrayed correctly on screen. Olmos decided to include a rape scene which wasn't approved by the advisors. They were offended because as on member said 'no one would ever be a leader if they were ever viewed to be in the position as someones bitch. As a result a hit was ordered on Olmos and 3 of the people involved in the movie. Within the year all but Olmos were dead.

I just heard about this last night for the first time and was wondering if anyone had any info. I have searched online without much luck.

Maruz83 Guest
    I have never heard of this !!!! I want some info !!

this is an amazing movie. i had no idea about any of murders!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

mike Guest
    Yeah, go to Mexican Mafia (American Me Murders.) in the Wikipedia.com

Kathyf Guest
    I never heard that either. How interesting I can't wait to found out more.

Morbid1 Guest
    Yes..interesting stuff...Edward James is a great actor!

-Morbid1

The film enraged La Eme (Mexican Mafia), where Cadena continues to be revered, as his character is incorrectly portrayed as having been stabbed to death by his own Carnales. An extortion plot was subsequently put into action against Olmos and several of his advisors were killed by street gangs answering to The Big Homies. As a result, Olmos was granted a permit to carry a concealed firearm.

Wow, Didn't know about this either. I just watched American Me a month or so ago.