Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Show/Favorite Rocky Horror Song

BeeCee Guest

Rocky Horror Show/Favorite Rocky Horror Song

I'm going to take a chance with this crowd and guess we have some Rocky Horror fans out there. I admit that I AM a big fan (of Tim Curry as well) though nothing compared to some people I've known who have actually participated/performed. Anyway, I really love the music and would like to know who else does and which is your favorite.

Hard choice but I think it's a draw for me between the opening song and Time Warp.

Last edited by BeeCee; 02-03-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    Toucha toucha toucha touch me, I wanna be dirty
    Thrill me chill me fulfil me
    Creature of the night.

...that's my fave. This time of year always puts me in the mood for RHPS but unfortunately it's hard to find it live. Last year we saw it in an old theatre that's under renovations...there was no heat. I felt sorry for the kid in whitey tighties who showed up as Brad.

GhostWorld Guest
    I know it's corny but I love the Time Warp, it just makes me happy and I love me some crowd participation!
    However my most favorite thing that the crowd adds is in the beginning when Brad draws a heart on the door and the crowd sings “only assholes write on doors”. I need to get to my local live show ASAP! I haven’t been since ’02.

The opening song - I forget the name, "Late night double feature show..." - the one the "lips" sing at the bginning credits.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Hot Pattotie Bless MY soul, I really love that Rock and Rool by Meatloaf

What ever happened to Saturday Night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHPS-CRH56-EddieHotPatootieS.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	32  

DeadRinger Guest
    Gotta be Late Night Double Feature and Sweet Transvestite. I also love Magenta's Bride Of Frankenstein look at the end!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Will it shock ANYONE to know that mine is "Sweet Transvestite, From Transexual Transylvania"?

PvN73 Guest
    I think that all the songs are just fantstico - what a great movie. Did anyone see that doco on midnight movies - it featured, El Topo, Dawn of the Dead, Pink Flamingos, Erasurehead & rocky horror? what a great doco with all of the directors talking about their movies.

anyway, it would be a tie for me with hot Patotti, bless my soul, I really love that rocknroll (even reading it makes you sing it) and ttttttttouch me, i waaaannt to be dirrrty

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    LOVE THE LIPS--It's gotta be the opening song, "Science Fiction Double Feature"....

I played Columbia in the lil' stage show in Phoenix (many, many, MANY years ago) and I loved being thrown in the air for "Hot Patootie"!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

welshbabe1 Guest
    that easy the time warp

kelbons Guest
    "Rose Tint My World" and "Hot Patootie" are mine, although I love them all!

Jack-O-Lantern, your avatar scares me! Clowns freak me out. lol

vintagesole Guest
    Sweet Transvestite!!!!

Porcelain Guest
    [SIZE=3]Sweet Transvestite and the Time Warp for sure![/SIZE]

orionova Guest
    Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch Me and Hot Patootie.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Tonight myself and my grown kids are going to a showing of RHPS. My kids were raised on the movie and have known how to TimeWarp and all the words to Sweet Transvestite since they were little. This is the first time we are all going to the theatre to see it though....can't wait/
    Anyhow..anyone else out there planning a veiwing this Halloween season? And...how many times have you seen it in the theatre?? Home DVD screenings don't count. I have proudly seen it 117 times, mostly in high school.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I love that show! The guy who created it, Richard O' Brien used to live half a mile up the road from me.

RubySlippers Guest
    I have yet to attend a midnight showing of it...a little freaked out that being a "virgin" will set me up for ridicule and unwanted attention. The first time my sister went, they made all the "virgins" line up and race to see who could take off thier bras and fling them in the audience the fastest. Whoever won, got a sash that said, "SLUT".
    Someday with enough liquor in my system, I may be up for the challenge.
    Last edited by RubySlippers; 10-25-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    I have yet to attend a midnight showing of it...a little freaked out that being a "virgin" will set me up for ridicule and unwanted attention. ) The first time she went, they made all the "virgins" line up and race to see who could take off thier bras and fling them in the audience the fastest. Whoever won, got a sash that said, "SLUT".
    When I was in high school, they would take the virgins to the front of the theater and someone in costume (usually Frankie) would...thinking of a tactful way of saying it...simulate intercourse with them in front of the crowd. No one got hurt and it was damn funny. Can't wait to see what they do with my kids tonight....lol

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    I have yet to attend a midnight showing of it...a little freaked out that being a "virgin" will set me up for ridicule and unwanted attention. The first time my sister went, they made all the "virgins" line up and race to see who could take off thier bras and fling them in the audience the fastest. Whoever won, got a sash that said, "SLUT".
    I finally went to a midnight showing this summer, in NYC. THAT was an experience!

The virgin contest I was in? Who could fake the best orgasm. Come on, I was 31, put in a group of teens and early twenty-somethings, and for some reason, they were all embarrassed, and weren't giving their best.

They got to me, and I gave the best "performance" I've given to date. The audience was SILENT....and then were cheering wildly! I've NEVER seen a crowd go THAT quiet that fast!

Needless to say? I won. I was asked, on stage, with a microphone in my face, what my secret was. I snickered, and said, "I'm 31 years old, I'm happily married....I've had some experience with the real thing."

I swear....one of the coolest experiences of my life! Even better? I was stone cold sober.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    It's not anywhere local this year. I think I've only seen it at the "real" movies about 6 times.
    We used to like to go to The Beehive down in Oakland to see it, and I used to take my two older kids. My niece's hubby always played Eddie.
    Most of the cast was at her wedding, and they even did the time warp!
    (lots of deer-in-the-headlights looks from relatives)
    Here's another thread about it on the forum:
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...t=rocky+horror
    PS
    I thought Richard O'Brien was the sexiest part.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Riff Raff is SO KEWL. I enjoyed Rocky Horror for the first time at Ft Walton Beach in 1981. The wife took me.

GhostWorld Guest
    I went 12 times to a theater in Long Beach, I have heard it has since moved and I can no longer stay up until midnight (25 going on 84!) It was a lot of fun. I really want to go again, maybe this Saturday! Hell it's ON the Queen Mary.

Analyst_Rob Guest

Midnight Madness

My first was a midnight showing on Long Island at the Uniondale Cinema ( by the Nassau Coliseum..)
    On a freezing January nightâ?¦ The girl I was with said : "It's colder than a Witch's tit out hereâ?¦" (I still love her for that!... Hey Theresa!) There was another movie playing prior to 'the Horror' and they cued us in a line along the frontâ?¦ then side of the buildingâ?¦. Just at a point when I was wondering what the heck was I doingâ?¦.. a plastic gallon milk jug was passed my wayâ?¦ taking a slugâ?¦. It was filled with vodka and lemon-aid ( mostly vodka)â?¦ It was like a communal communion of 'the Horror' fansâ?¦ standing outside in the windy, cold January night airâ?¦.
    Once insideâ?¦. I'd never saw anything like it and have never attended another movie that prompted the theater goers to respond, act and party in such a mannerâ?¦
    Never been????? It's time��.
    Happy Halloweenâ?¦
    Last edited by Analyst_Rob; 10-26-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spell checking from the 'slab'

In 1983 I went to a couple of midnight showings at a theater in Redding, CA (at the Shasta Mall - but the theater is now long gone!).

I sang along, lit my lighter at the right moment (which you can't do anymore - due to fire hazards!), covered myself with a newspaper when it rained (from people squirting water everywhere), and then ran up to the screen at the end to spin the globe on the screen.

I even went to see it in Bezerkley, CA back in 1989 at a theatre out there - where there was a cast in front of the audience and screen. Fun times.

Yeah, it's not the same watching it on TV at home.

Handrejka Guest
    I love Rocky Horror. In fact it was googling Sadie Corre that first made me stumble upon FAD, that was about five years ago now. I don't how many times I've seen it live probably only about 20, but I was in Shadow Cast briefly

Ree Guest
    **jumps in thread, throws toast in air, leaves**

Well, we had alot of fun. My son in law actually did the Time Warp. I'm so proud/ It seems the audience participation part of it was lacking a bit (lots of virgins in the house) but it was loads of fun.
    Oh, they initiated the virgins by having them paired with each other, one sitting one standing, then they had to apply a condom to a banana without using their hands. Hilarious/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

Ooops, forgot something...Aries, in Austin they have a group named "Queerios" who puts on the live stage show of RHPS like a musical. I've heard they are EXCELLENT. Have you seen them? Know anyone who has? Thanks hun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

tensecondstolove Guest
    The movie has been a fave of my for years and years but I've never gone to one of the midnight showings. I still have yet to do that but I have nooo idea what to expect. It would be sooo fun but I definitely have to take a cab cuz I wanna go drunk. lol

Irishlass Guest
    I went to see that show in hollywood when i was in HS, i went with a friend, he was so cute went to talk to my dad to assure him i wouldnt be exposed to anything to bad.my dad was a preacher and i wanst allowed to attend things like the rocky horror picture show. But My dad liked this young man and felt i was in good hands boy did he have my dad fooled

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    Ooops, forgot something...Aries, in Austin they have a group named "Queerios" who puts on the live stage show of RHPS like a musical. I've heard they are EXCELLENT. Have you seen them? Know anyone who has? Thanks hun.
    I saw an article about them in the paper. But sadly, I'm usually in bed by 11pm, so I wouldn't be able to make it anyway...

firegilnotguns Guest
    Never seen it in the cinema but when I was in university my co-ed fraternity went to see a live production of the Rocky Horror Show (-picture) as an "educational" outing. (Theatre productions counted as "educational" and we had to do one "educational outing" a semester so there you go!)

In honor of this thread, I've put my Rocky Horror CD on!

I haven't seen it in the theater in years, but I really need to again. I have a vivid memory of taking my in-laws to see it somewhere in Rhode Island, and my very staid, German father-in-law doing the Time Warp along with everybody else. Priceless.

Cheers,
    Amy

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    An American friend of mine got engaged to a guy from the Middle East, and her family kicked her out and disowned her. She explained that she had to have a proper chapperone, and I thought, how hard could it be? (Not as easy as I thought, but a very positive experience nonetheless.)

To make a long story, yadda, this new guy came over one time, and he reeeeeally prided himself about knowing about the decadence of American culture and how much better he was than it. Without even agreeing verbally, my buddy and I were so in tune that we just kept feeding him rope. Then we told him we'd like to take him to a movie. Just the three of us. We made very sure he drank and a conspiring partner put pot in the hookah pipe. He was feeling no pain by the time we entered. My bud and I had carefully packed our purses with the proper accoutrements. He sees the marquis and says, "This is a great idea, I like scary movies!"

Tee Hee.

Then he gets inside and sees how people are dressed (we didn't dress up this time because we knew it would blow the gag. Pity.) We told him it was a club visiting (Sweet baby Jesus, Hank is going to hell.) About the time the water bottles came out, the poor man lost it. Jumped up jibbering unintelligibly and fled to the back.

God, I love Rocky Horror. And it sure does come in handy

I don't know the name of it but I love the one with the refrain of "I'm Going Home". I was never a big Rocky Horror fan though. Did anybody ever hear Tim Curry's solo album? It was pretty bad.

Snoopy Guest
    Time Warp1

hlh004 Guest
    late night, double feature, picture show...
    in the back roooowwwwwwwwww....
    i have listened to this since i was a youngin...and heck, im only 20

Luffy66 Guest
    Sweet Transvestite- I always wanted to try it on Karaoke, but people would probably just look at me with blank stares.

Bars in Maine are probably not the best place to sing it.

And my favororite audience participation moment, is when Brad gets his pants pulled down.

Brad says he will pull out the aces when the time is right.

Audience: You call those ACES?

And Magenta sliding down the bannister
    You're lucky, he's lucky, I'm lucky, we're all lucky! Ha ha ha...

Audience: The Bannister's lucky!

Sweet Transvestite... for 2 reasons.

1) it's got a rockin' riff
    2) I rocked it out with one of my bands at a talent show, I will post it on you tube when I have a chance for you all to see.

Jersey Girl Guest
    Sweet Transvestite! Love it!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I don't know the name of it but I love the one with the refrain of "I'm Going Home". I was never a big Rocky Horror fan though. Did anybody ever hear Tim Curry's solo album? It was pretty bad.
    The song is called I'm going home.

I didnt hear his album - I only have John Travolta's solo album - the funniest shite I have ever heard.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    The song is called I'm going home.

I didnt hear his album - I only have John Travolta's solo album - the funniest shite I have ever heard.
    I like "Gonna Fly now". I think it was from the first Rocky! Didn't he lose in the first Rocky?

Antici........ PATION!

<going home is good also>

Danny62 Guest
    OH you mean Rocky Horror movie! LOL I get the two mixed up!

Danny62 Guest
    There is only one true Rocky!! LOL

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Are you trying to disrupt the RHPS thread with the WORST rocky of all?

My goodness danny, how devious of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    This was the flamboyant sci-fi version of Rocky, except with singing and without the boxing!

tensecondstolove Guest
    Wooo that's a toughy. I love them all!

Jaxxx Guest
    I'm going home, and time warp