Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy

I JUST heard.. WOW...too damn young.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Very sad. Eating disorder or drugs is my guess too.

RIP Brittney :-(

slw Guest
    I've been googling images and although slim I never would have thought she may have an eating disorder.

Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're tp;d when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Didn't see this coming. Really sad.
    I remember reading an interview with her ages ago where she said she'd been chubby and then dieted and lost the weight and went blonde. She said it changed everything for her.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're tp;d when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Oh god, her mom found her? That's horrible and heartbreaking!

endsleigh03 Guest
    She was excellent in The Dead Girl.

She was one of my favorites. RIP Brittany.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mummaprincess Guest
    OMG....im totally in shock!!! I totally didnt see this one coming! Im so sad to hear this sad news. she was a great actress. She was also my age. May she RIP, and my thoughts to her family and friends

carebearsluv Guest
    wow..I was out getting lunch when I heard the news on the radio, and I desperately starting texting friends to find out if I heard it right.

I was just thinking about her yesterday, because we were watching Happy Feet, and I was wondering what she was up to nowadays.

RIP Brittany.. She was one of my favorites

imadeathhag Guest
    This is sad she was so young (but as I always say, death will take you when it wants to no matter what your age is). Especially sad with the holidays around the corner
    Last edited by imadeathhag; 12-20-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Prime_time66 Guest
    Never heard of her...sorry

King Cryo-le Guest
    sad

I saw this one coming though, a few months ago there was a thread in this forum on the "blind items" about her (crack addiction, eating disorder...).
    I'll try and find the thread.

Im horrible, I cant even place this gal. But RIP anyway.
    Another one gone too young

King Cryo-le Guest
    Here it is, this thread made me realize that she was on the wrong path :

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rittany+Murphy

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    She was excellent in The Dead Girl.
    guess she's got that part down to a tee??

Quote Originally Posted by jlm709 View Post

Have you ever seen Girl, Interupted with Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie (think Joile won an oscar for it?). She played the girl who had an obsession with eating chickens. She was released from the hospital and Jolies character bullied her to the point that she hung herself.
    She was brilliant in that film.

wdhebert Guest
    My vote is drugs, and if that's the case, it's sad to see another lost to such a bad habit.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm709 View Post

She was in: Little Black Book, Just Married (with Mr. Demi Moore) Uptown Girls, Clueless, Girl Interupted, Drop Dead Gorgeous, 8 miles (with Eminem)and many many more. She was incredibly talented.

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I JUST heard.. WOW...too damn young.
    The old Grim Reaper is working OT this year in the entertainment area?

Khaos696 Guest
    Remind me why I subscribe to CelebrityDeathBeeper.com, I always find out way before I get jack from them... Rant over.................. Rip Brittany, you were cute and funny, so sad your now gone :-(

Pops_0108 Guest
    Wow, that's just so sad. My thoughts go out to all who loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    Just thought of this: Thats 2 dead celebs this week, Chris Henry the football player, and now Brittany... wonder who's next?
    Don't forget Jennifer jones too. What an immense shocker, RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

slw Guest
    Jeanne Wolf, Editor of Parade Magazine, told Sky News that Murphy suffered from a heart murmur.
    Did she?

discod Guest
    I hope its not another over generous doctor,too many docs to the stars are giving them drugs like they are candy.
    Heath
    Michael
    Anna Nicole...

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Don't forget Jennifer jones too. What an immense shocker, RIP
    And Alaina Reed ..... so thats 4 this week..... Im glad Im not a celeb. Its almost as if the grim reaper has a bulls eye on their backs!

Guest Guest
    wow I am shocked..yes she wasn't looking good..but only 32? this year has really sucked for celebrity deaths...and it's not over yet!

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Didn't see this coming. Really sad.
    I remember reading an interview with her ages ago where she said she'd been chubby and then dieted and lost the weight and went blonde. She said it changed everything for her.
    And if she'd stayed chubby and brunette, she'd almost certainly be alive now. Ironic.

cindyk Guest
    whaaaaaaaaat?! no way i loved her in clueless & she was awesome in girl interrupted. i'll be watching those today in memory of her.

interested to hear details of this..

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Very sad. Eating disorder or drugs is my guess too. (

My guess would be a combo. ED + drugs.

RIP, Brittany. Gone way too young.

My age and she was great in Clueless. Hated the blonde skinny look, she was so pretty before that look.

Interesting tidbit in the OP that Jonathan Brandis was her prom date and now they are both gone. His was suicide and hers could have been self-induced by drugs or an eating disorder. Odd coincidence. RIP, Brittany.

Holy shit! This one is shocking!
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

LaynesGirl Guest
    I had just read that people were concerned about her "glossy eyed" and "dazed out" behavior at recent events. That she seemed to be on something (drugs) and was out of it. Well I'm willing to bet on that it was drugs... I ahve ALWAYS thought her husband seemed a little shadey??? She is so tiny and pretty and she married this big, sweaty, over weight, unattractive looking guy and we never really hear from her for a really long time. I bet they both were using heavy drugs, where the hell was her husband anyhow??? Very sad RIP.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    2009 is just a crazy year - too many people taken before their time, it makes no sense. What another premature sad loss here.

awww, this is shocking and sad. RIP Britt

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post
    Here it is, this thread made me realize that she was on the wrong path :

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rittany+Murphy

Thanks King....you were right. I bet when all the facts are in that is exactly what the cause is going to be. Gawd that is so devestating. Sounds like she had alot of bad influences around her. Devestating!

Ashton to Brittany: 'See You on the Other Side'

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:35PM by TMZ Staff
    Ashton Kutcher is already opening up about the death of his ex girlfriend Brittany Murphy, insisting the world "lost a little piece of sunshine."

Kutcher -- who famously dated Murphy in 2002 when they starred in "Just Married" together -- tweeted, "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out to Brittany's family, her husband, and her amazing mother Sharon."

Kutcher added, "See you on the other side kid."

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post

Wow, never heard that. Not to bad.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    Ashton to Brittany: 'See You on the Other Side'

Ashton Kutcher is already opening up about the death of his ex girlfriend Brittany Murphy, insisting the world "lost a little piece of sunshine."

Kutcher -- who famously dated Murphy in 2002 when they starred in "Just Married" together -- tweeted, "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out to Brittany's family, her husband, and her amazing mother Sharon."

Kutcher added, "See you on the other side kid."

He seems like such a class act. Sad that him and his wife both lost co-stars this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    One thing I do know is one night I saw her hosting SNL-the sight of her made me fearful for her health.
    She was so very skinny and had blonde hair and looked like a skeleton with a wig on. It was that bad. I never forgot how she looked.
    They were just making fun of her on SNL like 2 weeks ago.
    I too would strongly suspect drugs. MURPHY was known to have become difficult to manage and drugs were allegedly the reason why. Outlandish behavior was another; they go hand in hand really. One incident I heard about had her drunkenly taking a caterer assistant under the staircase at a Beverly Hills party she was attending. This was about 3 years ago. Also, her longtime manager dropped her because MURPHY had become just too difficult to manage.

I thought that she filled a 'niche'. She possessed a unique talent. Another young film actor/actress wasted. Very sad.

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

The Lucky One Guest
    God this year has sucked of celeb deaths, this all started with Anna Nicole Smith, and since she died, it's been back to back WHAM!

I never really saw too many things with her in it but what really struck me was Don't say a word with Michael Douglas.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Had a feeling there would be another big name shocker befor 2009 was up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

thinkering Guest
    I see 2009 is still going strong.

This is a shocker.
    Be at peace, B.

Perdi Guest
    Holy crap!! Am gutted!!! She is AMAZING in Girl, Interrupted and Uptown Girl is one of my fave chick flicks...me and my pal love sitting in with ice cream and watching that and Jersey Girl....na na na naaa na naaa na na na Sheets of Egyptian Cotton...

Grimmy really isn't letting up this year, is he!! Think he must be going for a record or something!

RIP Brittany. God Bless.

lola Guest
    I was shocked by this one as well ... 32 is so young! Whatever the cause, I hope she is at peace.

DHfromTN Guest
    Well, there's Henry from the Bengals and now Brittany.. wonder who's next?

I really did hate to hear this, though. Brittany was ditsy but she was fun and talented. She was just five years older than me.. scary. I don't know how common it is for a seemingly, and visibly, healthy thirty-two year old woman to have a heart attack is? I am also siding with those who believe drugs were involved..

Brittany Murphy's Husband Returns Home

Simon Monjack, Brittany Murphy's husband, was spotted returning home from the hospital this afternoon.

I don't mean to sound cruel but it was almost like beauty and the beast she was so tiny and him so huge, shady or not tho i feel for him losing her

RIP Brittany.

I liked her in clueless and movies where she played that kind of character- I believe she was in Sister Act 2 as well. She was so cute then.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013