Page 1 of 25 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy

i just saw that on TMZ That is so crazy. Her husband was just in the hospital what like 2 weeks ago?

I was just looking that up about her husband because I remembered that, too. He was incoherent on a flight and taken to the hospital last month. OMG! So sad. She was just 32!!

hoxharding Guest
    I just glanced at my phone and saw the text-the first thing out of my mouth a 'Holy-'
    I didn't even finish cause I was just stunned.
    I have read that she is a drug addict BUT that doesn't mean that that isn't anything BUT a rumor.
    Wasn't expecting this at all.

innervoice Guest
    I just saw this on TMZ. I gasped, but then I wondered why I was so shocked. Very sad and a complete waste. RIP.

Northern Lights Guest
    It is always kind of shocking when I see that someone who's younger than I am has died.

RIP Brittany

Dixie Girl Guest
    Wow, what a total shocker. I have to say, I thought she had some talent to be explored, but then she dropped off the face of the earth, reputedly rumored to have problems with drugs. I am truly sorry to hear this.

I was shocked cause she was so young. But ya, Im surprised we still get shocked when they die. You never know, she couldve been using something. Unusual for her to just go into cardiac arrest so young, but she couldve had a heart defect or something.

chickababy8 Guest
    I just saw this on TMZ as well... how so very sad. I'm in complete shock! Rest in Peace Brittany! =(

I wonder what was wrong with her husband last month? that would be something if it was related.

hoxharding Guest
    Could of been a heart defect,an eating disorder-or anything else.

Checked gossiprocks- one person who posts said the main rumor is it was related to an eating disorder.
    Last edited by hoxharding; 12-20-2009 at 11:16 AM.

12. 12-20-2009, 11:16 AM

slw Guest
    It does sound drug related

Nicki Guest
    Wow...I am shocked. Never expected this. News reports say it was a full Cardiac Arrest. Sounds like drugs, possibly extreme dieting?

Biography for
    Brittany Murphy

Date of Birth

10 November 1977, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Birth Name

Brittany Anne Murphy

Nickname

Britt

Height

5' 5" (1.65 m)

Mini Biography

Perhaps it was being born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Edison, New Jersey that bestowed Brittany Murphy with the adaptability that has allowed her to conquer a fairly prodigious amount of projects for her 25 years. Brittany first honed her acting skills in regional theater at the age of 9. By age 13, she had signed on with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. In 1991, at the age of 13, Brittany and her mother moved to Burbank, California, where she landed her first television role on the show "Blossom" (1991). This lead to a starring role on "Drexell's Class" (1991), a series that proved to be short lived. Brittany's major breakthrough film appearance was in Clueless (1995), the Emma meets "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) comedy, in which she starred opposite of Alicia Silverstone. She has gone on to demonstrate her versatility and talent for not only comedy but drama; Brittany was nominated for best leading female performance in the Young Artist Awards for her role in the television film David and Lisa (1998) (TV). Aside from the 25 screen appearances since her Clueless (1995) breakthrough, Brittany has lean her vocal talents, established in the early 1990s as a lead singer of her band "Blessed Soul", to the cartoon "King of the Hill" (1997) as the voice of Luanne. She now resides in Los Angeles, where she lives with her mother.
    IMDb Mini Biography By: Kimberly Hannigan

Spouse

Simon Monjack(5 May 2007 - present)
    Trade Mark

Specialized in performing as a mentally disturbed girl or a troubled teenager.

Trivia

In February 2000, she appeared [with Girl, Interrupted (1999) costar Winona Ryder] in "The Vagina Monologues," reading a chilling story of a Bosnian woman's rape camp experiences.
    Was set to star in a biopic of Janis Joplin, but the film was grounded over battles for the rights to Joplin's songs. She had won the role over Courtney Love and Emily Watson.
    Her favorite music is Jazz, especially Cole Porter. She also likes TLC, Björk, Beck and The Rolling Stones.
    Made the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine in 2003. That cover shot shows how much her look has changed since becoming an actress. She began her acting career as a slightly rotund brunette and has transformed into a svelte blonde cover girl. She has constantly denied rumors that she has had plastic surgery.
    Ranked 32nd on the Maxim Hot 100 in 2003.
    In the early '90s, she was the lead singer in her band, called "Blessed Soul".
    Her mom, Sharon, is a survivor of breast cancer.
    Her date to the high school prom was Jonathan Brandis of "SeaQuest DSV" (1993) fame.
    Engaged to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz. (August 2004) broke engagement but the two remain friends [January 9, 2004]
    Presenter for the 61st Golden Globes.
    Eric Balfour was a member of her band, "Blessed SOul", in the '90s.
    Attended the following schools: Verne Fowler School of Dance, Colonia, New Jersey Herbert Hoover School, Edison, New Jersey Valley Professional School, Los Angeles, California John Burroughs High School, Los Angeles, California
    One of her first jobs was for a commercial for Skittles.
    Sang in the opening act at the 2002 MTV Movie awards.
    Wore her own dress and red lipstick to the premiere of Clueless (1995) because she didn't know about stylists.
    Is half Italian (from her paternal side), a quarter Irish, and a quarter Eastern European (both from her maternal side).
    Former girlfriend of Ashton Kutcher
    She's a huge fan of Tears for Fears and stars in their new video "Closest Thing to Heaven".
    Named #8 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
    Engaged to Joe Macaluso over Christmas, 2005.
    Sings on Paul Oakenfold's hit single "Faster Kill Pussycat" [Highest UK chart position no. 7, June 2006].
    In May of 2006, her single "Faster Kill Pussycat" with Paul Oakenfold reached Number 7 in the UK singles chart.
    Brittany and Joe Macaluso broke off their engagement [August 22, 2006].
    Born Brittany Bertolotti to Irish-American and Eastern European Sharon Murphy and Italian-American mobster Angelo Bertolotti. When her parents split, Brittany changed her name from her father's "Bertolotti" to her mother's "Murphy.", and added as middle name "Anne".
    Despite appearing in all three of the major stories in Sin City (2005), all of her scenes were filmed in one day.
    Married screenwriter Simon Monjack in a private Jewish ceremony (May 2007).
    An only child.

Personal Quotes

[On seeing her Girl, Interrupted (1999) character on screen] "I always envisioned her looking like a spindly blonde, but she looked like me".
    "I don't read the script a zillion times, I don't like to analyze things and my mind can go there very easily."
    "I think they should take everyone who works for The National Enquirer and the Star, and everyone who works for Us Weekly, and put them all to work looking for terrorists. I think they would find the terrorists. All of them. It would be genius!"
    "I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people."
    "Home is where my mom is."

Salary

Little Black Book (2004)$4,000,000Uptown Girls (2003)$1,000,000
    Last edited by Nicki; 12-20-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Deviantblis Guest
    From the way she looked recently I am betting her death had a Karen Carpenter ring to it. Drugs too most likely.

hoxharding Guest
    One thing I do know is one night I saw her hosting SNL-the sight of her made me fearful for her health.
    She was so very skinny and had blonde hair and looked like a skeleton with a wig on. It was that bad. I never forgot how she looked.

How incredibly sad.... so near christmas. I dearly hope she is at peace. RIP Brittany, we knew you were in a bad place but to end so soon, so sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab_rat Guest
    Wow!

Lotusflower Guest
    I have been having thoughts about her lately. She hasn´t looked well and my first thought when I saw a photo recently was: eating disorder and/or drug addiction. She has just had this strange look in her eyes... and obviously very thin.

This is very sad. Thought she was quite funny and sweet !! R.I.P beautiful girl and may god protect you and your family.

lab_rat Guest
    It isn't being reported on any of the major new sites.....

knothere Guest
    Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff
    Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aG733cEE

jaylene Guest
    Only 32. I'm like everyone else I didn't see this coming.

desertangel Guest
    Same reaction here... Holy Sh*t....

RIP Dear Girl.

My guess is anorexia. She almost always was frightfully thin. Didn't look too bad when she was dating Ashton Kutcher, although camera angles can be deceiving.
    Last edited by desertangel; 12-20-2009 at 04:39 PM.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff
    Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aG733cEE
    I meant besides TMZ....

OMG! I can't believe it. She was so young. Once again, I am lost for words and shocked. Alot of young stars have died this year

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I hate to hear of her death, although I've never really been a fan of hers.

knothere Guest
    holy shit i saw this n my stomch fell to the bottom of me wat a shok so young beautiful n talented

wow this one realy hits home

RIP n condolences to her loved ones

Nicki Guest

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I meant besides TMZ....
    I just saw it on sky news.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    I just saw it on sky news.
    Perez has it, too (not that he is a major new outlet)

slw Guest
    its not on the sky news website though

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    Perez has it, too (not that he is a major new outlet)
    lol he'd like to think he is though.

Just saw this posted by someone on Facebook came straight here to see if it was true , RIP to another young talent lost, condolenses to her friends family and fans, very sad news

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post
    The news guy said they are getting reports so it might just be getting to them now. It was only a quick report not enough info yet I assume.

Any body have her in their pool? So sad.

Jemmy Guest
    Im sad to hear of any young person dying but this one just makes me extra sad. She seemed like a nice girl. RIP Brittany x

slw Guest
    The news guy said they are getting reports so it might just be getting to them now. It was only a quick report not enough info yet I assume.

it's on the sky news ticker now

slw Guest
    Ah they have it now. Even The Sun reported it before they did.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    So crazy and so sad

Hippo Guest
    You know, Entertainment Tonight just did a segment on "Stars We Lost in 2009." I guess nobody was thinking that the year isn't over yet!

I am stunned--I know that Brittany didn't look good, but I did not see this coming.

lab_rat Guest
    LOL! This is the first line of the sky news blurb.

Actress Brittany Murphy has died following a cardiac arrest, according to website TMZ.com.Actress Brittany Murphy has died following a cardiac arrest, according to website TMZ.com.

Pryncis Guest
    hope she's at peace now

44. 12-20-2009, 11:54 AM

People http://www.people.com/people

Pic on TMZ, she looks like a skelton. Eating disorder or/and drugs. Shame. RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Meli Guest
    Wow, she was so young. I hate hearing of young people dying, celebs or us regular people. Her poor family! I hate that this happened right before Christmas, but it will be interesting to hear more details. I immediatley thought drugs, but the eating disorder could defin. be to blame. RIP Brittany!

crimson and clover Guest
    Sooo sad. I thought she was very pretty, though has not looked well recently. 32, so young. I cannot recall such a year as 2009 in celebrity death.

Meli Guest
    Just thought of this: Thats 2 dead celebs this week, Chris Henry the football player, and now Brittany... wonder who's next?

ShellBell Guest
    Wow.... wasn't expecting that. I am with various others here who suspect eating disorder issues and possibly drugs. Very sad. I loved her in Girl Interrupted.

Dixie Girl Guest
    Here's what I find interesting:
    If one does a check on Soman Monjack on TMZ, there are several reports that he is rather shady. Claims allege that he has used various social security numbers, defrauded girlfriends and abused their credit, etc. People posting their opinions seem to be skeptical of his budding relationship with Brittany Murphy at that time, and claim that he is once again in the process of looking for a rich woman.
    While not knowing if any of this is true, I would be curious to see if his name pops up in connection with her death in any fashion.

LitaMalibu Guest
    Geez, I heard the news from a Howard Stern message board of all places! As always I jump over here for the *CORRECT* and more tasteful insights. Sad... I loved her in the movies she did pre-blondeness (Clueless, Freeway, Drop Dead Gorgeous). She will be missed. Only two years older than me and cardiac arrest?

Nicki Guest
    Here is an interview she did on the David Letterman Show :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFiXNDNg_LU