Thread: Connie Hines - Mrs. Wilburrr Post on Mr. Ed

SenorMuerto Guest

Connie Hines - Mrs. Wilburrr Post on Mr. Ed

She died Saturday. She was only 73.

She played Carol Post, wife of Alan Young's character Wilbur Post on TV's "Mr. Ed". When the show ended, she did some guest spots on TV shows for the next 5 years, but retired by choice around 1971.

Even Wiki doesn't have it yet as I type this.

FAD is your go-to source for celebrity death, after all.

The Lucky One Guest
    I love this show!! Willllllbuuuuuurrrrr

RIP

simon69 Guest
    Sunday, December 20, 2009

R.I.P, Connie Hines

TVShowsOnDVD.com is reporting on its Facebook page that actress Connie Hines, best remembered by legions of television fans as Carol Postā??the spouse of architect Wilbur Post (Alan Young), who owned the talking horse known as Mister Ed in the 1961-66 sitcom of the same name. Iā??ve not been able to locate an online obituary as of this posting, but according to TSOD this has been confirmed by Stu Shostak at Shokus (ā??Stuā? being the host of the radio interview series Stuā??s Show). She was 79.
    Born in Dedham, MA in 1930 (Wikipedia places her DOB in 1936), Hinesā?? future career, it could be said, was decided for her as her father was an acting coach/teacher in Boston and her mother an actress as well. She married at age 17 and with her husband moved to Miami to join a stock company (after proving herself both onstage and on radio), and after her divorce, later went to New York to study with the famed Helen Hayes Equity Group. By age 22 she had moved to California and rented an apartment, quickly finding work on an episode of the series Whirlybirds.
    Hines considered her role as Mrs. Post as little more than a paycheck since the sitcom revolved more around the relationship between husband Wilbur and the chatty mare who spoke only to his master. Her movie resume was a bit thin (the IMDb lists only Thunder in Carolina [1960], a low-budget stock car racing film in which she co-starred with Rory Calhoun and Alan ā??Skipperā? Hale, Jr.) but she was most assuredly a familiar face on the cathode ray tube with guest shots on series such as Bronco, The Millionaire, M Squad, Johnny Ringo, The Untouchables, Shotgun Slade, Perry Mason, Sea Hunt, Bonanza and The Mod Squad.
    Hines retired from acting in 1971 and made occasional appearances at conventions alongside her television better half, Alan Young. Though her role on Ed was thankless, she and Young did have a marvelous chemistry and were good chums both on and off-screen.
    R.I.P, Ms. Hines. You will be missed.

She had a great ass; well in 1962 she did. I doubt that it looked as good 45 years later !

YOUNG & HINES in 1963

YOUNG & HINES in 2007
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Sam Guest
    Pretty lady, RIP.

I met her at an autograph show here in NJ many many moons ago and she was a very nice lady.
    Alan Young did not put out a warm and fuzzy feeling but he was decent.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    She had a great ass; well in 1962 she did. I doubt that it looked as good 45 years later !

YOUNG & HINES in 1963

YOUNG & HINES in 2007
    They still looked good. Enjoyed her acting very much. I still remember Twirley Birds.

Nelliebean Guest
    Is Alan Young still alive?

The Lucky One Guest
    Yes he is still alive appearing last year as the voice of Scrooge McDuck in Disney's TH!NK Fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Is Alan Young still alive?

Nelliebean Guest
    Thanks!

mcconk2 Guest
    i for one thought she was closetly sexy

silverwaif77 Guest
    I never understood wilbur.
    He had this hot wife, and he spent all his time out in the barn ( in the burbs, who else thought this was far fetched? ) talking to a freakin horse. The horse did have a great personality, but sheesh go see your wife.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    I never understood wilbur.
    He had this hot wife, and he spent all his time out in the barn ( in the burbs, who else thought this was far fetched? ) talking to a freakin horse. The horse did have a great personality, but sheesh go see your wife.
    Didn't we have a thread here on find a death about some dude that was sticking it to a horse? Was that Wilbur?

silverwaif77 Guest
    LOL! What was that weirdo's name........Ken Pinyan! What a weirdo! I'd rather talk to MR ED.

78 Cobra II Fan Guest
    This Network is showing Mr. Ed early in the morning some times i get up early and watch it I love that show, talking Horse and Wilbur drives a Studebaker one of my all time fav. R.I.P. Connie you were and are a beautiful soul .

George Burns produced Mr. Ed and he cast Alan Young because he looked like someone a horse could talk to.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Bessolo Guest
    Studebaker initially sponsored the Mr Ed show...or more specifically, the corporation strong armed the dealers to contribute to the sponsorship. An unusual move but Studebaker was an unusual company. This is why you see so many of their cars on the show. RIP Connie