Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burt Reynolds

onehunglow Guest

Burt Reynolds

Of being in on a kill some how in AZ. I just don't remember who or why.

Danny62 Guest
    Damn I had a book somewhere about that. Is was a woman and I believe it was duing a location shooting!!

I will see if I can dig it up.

onehunglow Guest

Yeah, that rings a bell. I think Ghila Bebnd AZ,

I remember he wouldn't even talk about it.I went to College in Phoenix and remember the talk.

b57hrle Guest
    Hmmm I never heard that one before, I'm gonna have to find out more!

I had never heard that either. Burt has a temper from the few things I have read about him.

Danny62 Guest
    I had the damn book I need to look for it. I can't find anything on the internet about it. Must be covered up really good. I will look over the weekend if no one can figure this out!!

dr2red Guest
    The movie was The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, with Burt Reynolds and Sarah Miles. The victim was David Whiting. John Williams website talks about it here http://www.johnwilliams.org/composit...nwholoved.html
    Of course here are more links
    From Sarah Miles own interview http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...t-1081452.html
    Last edited by dr2red; 10-09-2007 at 08:09 PM.

candleinthewind Guest
    That interview has some spicy details. Thanks, I love celebrity gossip.

By the way, Burt has MANY secrets.

Wow! I'm from Phoenix and I've never heard that!

Darrianne Guest
    This is one of Mama's all time favorite movies. Must rent it on Netflix.

I vaguely remember hearing/reading about this.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Damn I had a book somewhere about that. Is was a woman and I believe it was duing a location shooting!!

I will see if I can dig it up.
    Man who Loved Cat Dancing. It was one of the actresses manager. They found him beaten to death the night after he beat her up. He was never charged and it ahs never been solved.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Man who Loved Cat Dancing. It was one of the actresses manager. They found him beaten to death the night after he beat her up. He was never charged and it ahs never been solved.
    If that's true than good, I'm glad he wasn't arrested. Guy deserved it.

Sad story. However I dont think being murdered for beating up a chick once is just punishment. No offense meant, just my opinion.

RaRaRamona Guest
    You think is was just once? I doubt it. From your comment I bet you've been beaten by a man or seen your mom beaten by your dad. Yeah I think it can be a just punishment. Men who beat on women are rarely doing much for society.

Yes my dad use to beat everyone one of us in the family. Its fucked up and I used to hate him for it. God bless his soul though he is a completely differnet person now. I used to wish him dead. Now I love him.. Everybody makes mistakes. I dont know what the situation on that movie set was but being murdered is definitely not a just punishment for a beatdown.

RaRaRamona Guest
    He gave him a beating, but I doubt he meant kill him. However, it does happen, just as many men kill their wives/gfs that way. Too bad.

I'm sorry you had to grow up that way & I am really glad your dad changed. I'm sure you know that doesn't happen often. You're very lucky.

Yeah its sucked growing up like that. I hope you didnt interpret my post as a defense for spousal abuse. I dont think any physical attack on a person unless in self defense is ever justified. It just sucks that violence is a part of human nature.

By the way who is that in your avatar?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Bruce Campbell of course

Hey I see you're in SA I am from Dallas. I miss TX.

I love Bruce Campbell.

Jazbabee Guest
    Interesting info.....ahhhh, the things we learn on FAD !!!

bluebear71 Guest
    Was the victim was forced to watch an endless loop of Sharky's Machine?

Hollywood legend BURT REYNOLDS has been crippled by a tragic hip problem that has left one leg shorter than the other – forcing him to wear a thick platform sole on the shoe of his right foot.
    These shocking photos, taken May 9 in Toronto on the set of his latest movie, show the devastating impact the deformity has had on the 75-year-old actor – who is in danger of losing his ability to walk, say sources.

Read the rest.
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/burt...nkillers-booze
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Burt Reynolds was the last one to see Inger Stevens (The Farmers Daughter who died from a drug overdose) alive and I believe the cops were very interested.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 06-05-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Did you know that Burt Reynolds house in Florida was once owned by Al Capone?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Did you know that Burt Reynolds house in Florida was once owned by Al Capone?
    No, did not know that. Very interesting.

Mammy Guest
    Burt used to be quite yummy back in his Smokey and the Bandit days, but since he had plastic surgery on his eyes and a facelift, he is kinda freaky looking now. He reminds me of that scary, plastic Burger King guy!

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    Burt used to be quite yummy back in his Smokey and the Bandit days, but since he had plastic surgery on his eyes and a facelift, he is kinda freaky looking now. He reminds me of that scary, plastic Burger King guy!
    Yep...and if he had the money and will to undergo and recover from plastic surgery, why would he not undergo the surgery needed to heal an urgent medical situation? That logic is beyond my comprehension.

Mammy Guest
    He probably thought the plastic surgery would make him look sexy and hip replacement is announcing to the world that you are an old geezer. I know people who have undergone hip replacement surgery and it is hard to heal from. Maybe he is afraid it won't work and he will not be able to walk afterwards? IDK, I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    He probably thought the plastic surgery would make him look sexy and hip replacement is announcing to the world that you are an old geezer. I know people who have undergone hip replacement surgery and it is hard to heal from. Maybe he is afraid it won't work and he will not be able to walk afterwards? IDK, I'm just guessing.
    IDK either, but if it were me, I might possibly be more concerned with actually walking rather than worrying about what other people might think. Billy Joel underwent double hip replacement several months ago and seems to be doing quite well...there are lots of great rehabilitation resouces available to aid in recovery, especially if you have big money at your disposal. Who the hell knows?!?

He's having all kind of physical trouble where he's in pain he may not be able to use his legs in the future?
    Does the movie title Hooper mean anything?
    God I hope that was the name of his stunt movie with Jan Michael Vincent.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    He's having all kind of physical trouble where he's in pain he may not be able to use his legs in the future?
    Does the movie title Hooper mean anything?
    God I hope that was the name of his stunt movie with Jan Michael Vincent.
    I loved Hooper and I totally take your meaning here. The scene where Sally Fields creeps out of bed and sneaks out to quietly watch Reynolds riding his horse around the corral while he makes his decision is a great scene. Brian Keith payed a character based on Sally Fields beloved Step Dad ( vs the evil molesting one) Jock Mahoney. Great movie!
    I see Hal Needham on Wagon Train and Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel all the time getting crunched, punched, stomped etc and Burt started that way and also he had a nasty football injury as well.
    My sister had a single hip replacement and two ankle replacements because of bad RA and she is riding a bike now that she has recovered. Everyone if different.
    regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    IDK either, but if it were me, I might possibly be more concerned with actually walking rather than worrying about what other people might think. Billy Joel underwent double hip replacement several months ago and seems to be doing quite well...there are lots of great rehabilitation resouces available to aid in recovery, especially if you have big money at your disposal. Who the hell knows?!?
    Burt has had problems with pain killer medication.
    Burt insisted on doing his on stunts at one point. There was also the football injury.
    The more you take the more tolerant your system is.
    IF he were to do this surgery, he would have to be monitered.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Burt has had problems with pain killer medication.
    Burt insisted on doing his on stunts at one point. There was also the football injury.
    The more you take the more tolerant your system is.
    IF he were to do this surgery, he would have to be monitered.
    I have a dear friend who has struggled bravely with Lupus for years.
    Anything that has the potential to suppress her immune system can send her into a flare and could kill her. She has had four hip replacements in the past 15 years. She has undergone each one of them with a epidural and twilight anesthesia. I could never have done what she did. She can hear them talking and the power tools etc. Yeeech! but she had avoided general anesthesia which stays in your system up to one year. She also took no narcotic or controlled substance pain killers post op. Prescription strength motrin only.
    I am telling you I don;t have that kind of courage.
    If Burt wanted to avoid temptation and had the balls to suck it up then he could likely do it low risk.
    Regards,
    Mary

FannyB1923 Guest
    Story going around today that Burt is over $1 million in arrears on his mansion he bought in the 90s. Tried to sell it and didn't get a buyer. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Stories like this prove to me that money doesn't buy happiness. A lot of stuff perhaps. In his prime, he made a lot of money. I just read he got $5 million for Cannonball Run in the 70s. He (they- because he was married to Loni then) took out a mortgage for this mansion...then a second mortgage a few years ago.

Where did it go, Dude?

DonnaMc Guest
    Watching Deliverance now. Don't remember it being this good.

Giada Guest
    Grandiosity, money, and drugs ... not a healthy financial combination ...

I have been trying to find a recent picture, all I am finding have been around a while.
    Anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    I have been trying to find a recent picture, all I am finding have been around a while.
    Anyone have a link?

Here you go Kate...this is supposedly from April/May 2011:

GOD IS NOT DEAD

radiojane Guest
    yeep.

Hard to reconcile that with the cosmo centerfold....

Age The great equalizer. Damn shame.

Thanks! He actually doesn't look as bad as I feared!

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post

Where did it go, Dude?
    Loni Anderson cleaned him out.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Soonerson Guest
    Burt could play an older Charles Manson in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Loni Anderson cleaned him out.
    I posted this story on the AARP Dad thread a few months ago.

Actress Loni Anderson has opted to write off her actor former husband's 400,000 dollars child support debt following his recent health struggles.

Burt Reynolds has been given a reprieve from his ex-wife Loni Anderson as he continues to recover from heart surgery - she's waived the $400,000 he owes her in back child support, according to a U.S. tabloid report. The "Deliverance" star was ordered to pay actress Anderson $4,000-a-month to help raise their adopted son Quinton when they divorced in 1993 after five years of marriage.

But Reynolds allegedly failed to keep on top of his financial responsibilities and would send his ex a cheque every few months. According to the National Enquirer, he has now racked up a debt of $400,000 with Anderson but she has decided to write off the amount following his recent health struggles.

The actor underwent major heart surgery earlier this year after he was diagnosed with clogged arteries, months after completing a stint in rehab for alleged addictions to prescription drugs and alcohol. And Anderson, who has since wed her high school sweetheart, folk singer Bob Flick, is said to have wiped the debt out of sympathy for the star.

She has reportedly told pals, "I feel sorry for Burt. I'm not going to pursue it anymore. I don't want to call him a deadbeat bad on top of all his other troubles. I almost feel guilty for being so happy, and with Burt so vulnerable I don't want to end up looking like the bad [SIZE=5]guy[/SIZE]."

A source adds, "Loni could use the money Burt owes her. She isn't working much, but she's decided not to go after him any longer." The former couple's son, aspiring DJ Quinton, is now 21 and studies at a technical school in California.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0005425.html

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Forever-27 Guest
    That's the Bandit ?

Holy crap !

Billy Weathersby Guest

Burt reynolds in florida hospital icu

Reports are that he went to the hospital for flu symptons and was severly dehydrated...ALL this is according to CNN.COM.....I have always read that he has always been exceptionally nice to the fans but was hard to work for when he was directing a movie.. Business is business but he believed that pleasing his fans was also part of the business...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Weathersby View Post
    Reports are that he went to the hospital for flu symptons and was severly dehydrated...ALL this is according to CNN.COM.....I have always read that he has always been exceptionally nice to the fans but was hard to work for when he was directing a movie.. Business is business but he believed that pleasing his fans was also part of the business...
    I read a book about him written by a former secretary or personal assistent or some such. She said the same as you, but he was also a shit to his staff. Who knows? Hope he gets better soon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I never met Burt Reynolds, but I did see him on the football practice field when I was at university. I know that he really loves Florida State University and has been generous to them. I don't know what he is like as a person, though. He hung out with some really funny people - Charles Nelson Reilly, Dom DeLuise, etc. My friend in Burbank, CA met Loni Anderson twice. She said that she is a very nice and friendly person.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.