Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caitlyn Jenner

Caitlyn Jenner

The general consensus of folks commenting believe she needs her own fancy new thread, so here it is!! YAY! I named it as to how she wants to be identified. She can be found under Kardashian or Jenner or Bruce etc... She looks much better now. I'm happy for her and wish her the best. I also get kicks that her announcement is much bigger than Kim popping out another ignored child. Wild Wild West.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/entert...eat/index.html

navallint Guest
    Well,..uh, just don't understand. Good for him if he is doing it for all the right reasons.

Thank you for creating the new thread Riot Boots! Sure do appreciate you!

Wishing Caitlyn the very, very best that her life has to offer... finally she can be free to be herself. She is beautiful inside and out, and I am so happy for her!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I'm anxious to see what she'll look like on a day-to-day basis. Wishing her the very best.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

endsleigh03 Guest
    That's an awfully long time to hide who you are. Good on her.

lolol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4ecce1157af11225cb393a6c9f7c7f33.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	52738  

I think her new look is soo pretty & I wish her a ton of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    That's an awfully long time to hide who you are. Good on her.
    I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

looks like Jessica Lange

The VF video clip contained in this article is fabulous! Love it and the things she had to say... Caitlyn is free! Beautiful... just beautiful.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nity-Fair.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

With the right lighting and make up miracles can be wrought.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    looks like Jessica Lange
    I think she looks more like an older Idina Menzel personally although there are some similarities with Jessica.

She looks beautiful ! I wish her the very best in her new life. Cheers Caitlyn !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Jessica loved the comparison! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Jenner-65.html

Bravo to Caitlyn! You look marvelous!
    Cindy

She looks really good:-) Happy for her :-)

Really though those surgeons work fast and do good work, if she was passing me on the street I couldn't tell.

I wish everybody involved all the happiness they can handle; I really do.

That said, and I don't mean this to be mean spirited; in my reality a man cannot become a woman any more than a leopard can become a lion. He can try to look like one, try to live like one, have surgeries and\or hormone therapy, "identify" as a woman, whatever - but in the final analysis; he's a man trying to look like a woman, dress like a woman...; etc.

500 years from now if archaeologists dig up his bones they will identify them as the remains of a male - that is what they will be; and that is what he is.

If he's happier that way then more power to him; but IMO the only freedom he has achieved is psychological - and of course there is a lot to be said for that - but he's still the person he was born as; nothing can change that.

I can't become a woman, I can't become Hispanic or Black, I can't become a Vulcan either.

Why?

I wasn't born that way and nothing can change that; only the perceptions of it; if I wanted to change them.

Good luck Caitlyn\Bruce - I'm rooting for you.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

But gender identity disorder is a verified medical/mental issue. It's something they have felt since they were children, not something that developed as they grew older. That's something else, like transvestites where they just like to dress in women's clothing but don't want to be a woman. While it's true his DNA would still show up as male I think that's just a technicality. Of course if all our records were lost and we all died and her skeletal remains were found by a new culture they would think it was a man, but whatever. Not trying to change your opinion at all, btw, just talking.

As for the comparisons to Jessica Lange, I'm not seeing it. While CJ is very pretty, I think JL is just so stunning. Actually there is another pic in the VF photo session I think is much better than the one they chose for the cover. Also, I thought he looked pretty when he was with Diane Sawyer and was very natural looking, maybe some natural makeup and some lipgloss.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I wish everybody involved all the happiness they can handle; I really do.

That said, and I don't mean this to be mean spirited; in my reality a man cannot become a woman any more than a leopard can become a lion. He can try to look like one, try to live like one, have surgeries and\or hormone therapy, "identify" as a woman, whatever - but in the final analysis; he's a man trying to look like a woman, dress like a woman...; etc.

500 years from now if archaeologists dig up his bones they will identify them as the remains of a male - that is what they will be; and that is what he is.

If he's happier that way then more power to him; but IMO the only freedom he has achieved is psychological - and of course there is a lot to be said for that - but he's still the person he was born as; nothing can change that.

I can't become a woman, I can't become Hispanic or Black, I can't become a Vulcan either.

Why?

I wasn't born that way and nothing can change that; only the perceptions of it; if I wanted to change them.

Good luck Caitlyn\Bruce - I'm rooting for you.
    I get what you're saying. I don't know very many people who are 100% happy with their appearance. Maybe getting close will be enough for Caitlyn.
    Minerva

I think she looks like Angelina Jolie with a bit of age on her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

I totally agree with you and biology agrees with you. Bruce can have every operation in the book and fool the most butch heterosexual but at the end of the day, a DNA test would come back male. I must say he's a better looking woman than he was a man.

At the same time, gender identity disorder is a true psychological issue so if the brain says your one way but you were born another, go ahead and follow your bliss. I'm just dissapointed he/she did it in the fame whoriness fashion we've become accustomed to by the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I totally agree with you and biology agrees with you. Bruce can have every operation in the book and fool the most butch heterosexual but at the end of the day, a DNA test would come back male. I must say he's a better looking woman than he was a man.

At the same time, gender identity disorder is a true psychological issue so if the brain says your one way but you were born another, go ahead and follow your bliss. I'm just dissapointed he/she did it in the fame whoriness fashion we've become accustomed to by the Kardashians.
    Bruce was pretty good looking on the Wheatie boxes!!
    Minerva

It must be killing the fame whore Kris Jenner that her ex-husband makes a better looking woman then she is.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I watched the interview. He seemed pretty iffy about going through a full transformation. So I guess i'll just blatantly ask.... did he have his dick and balls turned into a verginer? He obviously had tits put in but what about where it counts?

Bruce Jenner is not a woman trapped in a man's body. Never was. All you have to do is look at him throughout his life. Not effeminate in any way. If a person wants to say they are a woman in a man's body I think the first criteria would be to have female mannerisms. Female tendencies. Bruce had none.

I find the quickness of this "transformation" disturbing. They say they have to go through some psychological tests. Is it one multiple choice 10 questions test where there are no wrong answers?

He has my sympathy but not my support. He is a he.

He said that he purposely did things to make himself extra manly to help hide his secret. He was dressing in women's clothing when he was a little boy, in secret. He trained for the Olympics decathlon because he thought it was the most manly thing he could do. He was scared of how he felt inside and about anyone else finding out so he did just the opposite of anything feminine. It was totally a coping mechanism, and thankfully it was one that was positive and gave him the fame and opportunities he has now, instead of just coping by hitting the bottle, getting in bar fights and beating up his wives, or something like that.

To be honest, I don't give a good God Damn about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. That magazine article was nothing but a buttload of makeup and photoshop. Yay for Bruce. Whatever. Can she fade into the background now please? Along with the rest of that trashy family?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

No matter what anybody thinks or says about it - it took some balls to do that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Nope, for an omelet you break the shell and save the yolks, but for a womanlet you toss the sunny-sides and keep the shell.. Now I'll quickly exit.

Sorry, yet another one of those who doesn't care about Bruce/Caitlyn/whatever. I've never really been one to really be too supportive of the transgender community and still find it a bit unsettling that they are lumped together with Gays/Lesbians and at the Parades - what does transgender have to do with being homosexual??? JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Sorry, yet another one of those who doesn't care about Bruce/Caitlyn/whatever. I've never really been one to really be too supportive of the transgender community and still find it a bit unsettling that they are lumped together with Gays/Lesbians and at the Parades - what does transgender have to do with being homosexual??? JMO
    Caitlyn is into women, so she's a lesbian.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    He said that he purposely did things to make himself extra manly to help hide his secret. He was dressing in women's clothing when he was a little boy, in secret. He trained for the Olympics decathlon because he thought it was the most manly thing he could do. He was scared of how he felt inside and about anyone else finding out so he did just the opposite of anything feminine. It was totally a coping mechanism, and thankfully it was one that was positive and gave him the fame and opportunities he has now, instead of just coping by hitting the bottle, getting in bar fights and beating up his wives, or something like that.
    Yeah I heard him say all that. Putting on your mom's stockings when you're 8 doesn't make a boy a girl. It sounds a lot to me like revisionist history by Bruce to try to justify what he's doing. I simply don't buy his bullshit. He would have pranced or lisped or something feminine. An unguarded feminine gait. Something! He did none of that. I watched him in the Olympics. Nothing at all womanly.

Aries I'm 100% with ya on that. I've said that here in another thread before. I don't understand why the T is included with LGB. One has nothing to do with the other. One is a sexual preference. The other is an identity.

McCourt.... I don't think he knows wtf he is lol I'm not taking a shot. I really believe he is a confused and unstable person. All the above being said he's still 100 times the better human being than any of that shitty Kardashian clan.

I am not a fan by any means of the human being. I am happy with the discussions and eye opening this situation is helping along. Not a fan of her receiving the Ashe award over Lauren Hill.

Totally agree about the award. Should have gone to Hill.
    Minerva

I see an aging man dressed in drag with a set of pushed up man boobs. This is getting way too much attention.

I see an aging man dressed in drag with a set of pushed up man boobs. This is getting way too much attention.
    Amen. He looks like a horse with chest balloons. I'm really disliking all the shaming going on towards those that call him "he" or cracking a harmless joke. It's liberal PC run amok. Can you imagine if this happened in the 80's? Stand up comics and late night show hosts would be falling over themselves to tell jokes about this. Now they're being silenced by this thought police. Bruce Jenner on one side and The Duggars on the other side of the same fucked up coin called America. Not just America really. If you can let your freak flag fly others should be able to joke about it. Grow a pair if you can't take a joke. Pun totally intended.

I've heard talk about taking away Jenner's medals and records because since he felt like a woman he had an advantage over the other men competeing. A friend posted it on FB with a link to a petition (which only had 50 sigs as of the time I looked at it) and this was my reply.

Dislike. He was a man when he won them. He might have felt he ws a female in his head at the time but his body was male. He hadn't taken hormones or done anything else at that time that would have made him more "streamlined" or anything else to put him at more of an advantage that anyone else couldn't have done, such as working out, etc...at the time he won those medals. If someone had a mental illness (and I am NOT saying being transgender is a mental illness) and believed they were a gazelle in their head and wins a medal should we take away his or her medal? No It was still their body that did the work We have no idea what was in the minds of ANY of the men competing against Jenner, but the idea that he should have his medal taken away for how he felt in his head is ridiculous, in my opinion.

As for what we've talked about in this thread, whether there were signs or whatever, the truth is none of us know him. There are lots of people who are able to present something to us that is hiding something inside. Sometimes we may never know. All I'm going to say about it is we weren't there and we just need to take what he says about how he felt or feels now. If this was just some flighty thought or way to get attention, I don't think he would have been through all the doctors and therapy that are needed to approve this.

I know people hate that he is getting so much attention but it's one of those things that people don't understand, so it's going to bring attention when it's someone famous. People are curious about it and many are very naive about it. If this helps other people with the same (verified mental health) condition, that's great. Some day I hope we won't need it, just like some day I hope we don't feel the need to have gay celebrities come out publicly, and they can all just be who they are and we don't question it, but now we do.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I've heard talk about taking away Jenner's medals and records because since he felt like a woman he had an advantage over the other men competeing. A friend posted it on FB with a link to a petition (which only had 50 sigs as of the time I looked at it) and this was my reply.
    I've heard that also. Talk of taking away his medals under this narative is just punitive. I like your response BTW.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Regarding taking the awards: There is a certain element who can't handle what she's done and want her punished. He won them as Bruce, but they still belong to Caitlyn. Jerks.

Taking his medals away is just dumb.

Good on her for wanting to live life how she wants to live it!

hes always Bruce to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tiffany this is not directed at you, just bad timing after your post. I understand people who say he will always be Bruce to them. It's hard to have someone just show up as a different person when you have known them one way the whole time.

http://distractify.com/Myka-Fox/just-dont-be-a-dick/

I just read another thing on FB about trans people who are upset that it's a white female being profiled on the cover of VF. While I understand what they are saying, if Michael Jordan had done the same thing he/she'd be on the cover as well. And if Caitlyn had decided to be female with green hair and piercings wearing combat boots she still would have been on there. It just happens that the most famous trans person who was known as a man (and Olympian decathlete at that) for so long happens to be a white person who likes a glamourous look. It's not saying that's what every trans person is or wants. It's not as if they have ignored other famous trans people who don't conform to Western beauty standards, so it's not something to get upset over.

Here's that link, with pictures on a template VF cover for those who feel they are left out because of how Caitlyn Jenner presents herself.

http://distractify.com/beth-buczynsk...cover-hashtag/

Good for them for looking however they want to look. When I worked at the county even if someone came in with a beard wearing a dress and were obviously a male and that's what their driver's license said if they put female on their application and that their name was Gloria, that's how we would refer to them. They went in the computer as female and their legal first name went in as an alias.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 06-05-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Doesn't cost anything. Doesn't take any extra time out of my day. Doesn't affect me in the least. Doesn't physically hurt. If someone is happy I'll call them whatever they want to be called.
    Minerva

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12063333_10208188574616951_5879389026319691844_n.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	53110  
    Last edited by Johnny_Taylor; 10-01-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    "When you rob Peter to pay Paul.....Paul will vote for you EVERY time!"

- Democratic Party platform for 80+ years & counting...

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Doesn't cost anything. Doesn't take any extra time out of my day. Doesn't affect me in the least. Doesn't physically hurt. If someone is happy I'll call them whatever they want to be called.
    LOVE your post McCourt, and the way you expressed your opinion ... very well said. ITA, and feel the same way as you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This just makes me angry: Jenner caused this accident which KILLED someone, and s/he won't even be fined, let alone jailed. I can guarantee you that if it was a lesser mortal who had been involved, this would have had a far more serious consequence.
    Oh, I forgot. CAITLYN didn't have the accident, BRUCE did, and HE'S "dead"! Kind of like Sybil blaming accidents on her other 16 personalities.
    First, a video of the accident itself, captured on a nearby bus's camera:
    http://gawker.com/caitlyn-jenners-de...bus-1716823863
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...cident-n436426

Agreed Linnie!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    This just makes me angry: Jenner caused this accident which KILLED someone, and s/he won't even be fined, let alone jailed. I can guarantee you that if it was a lesser mortal who had been involved, this would have had a far more serious consequence.
    Oh, I forgot. CAITLYN didn't have the accident, BRUCE did, and HE'S "dead"! Kind of like Sybil blaming accidents on her other 16 personalities.
    First, a video of the accident itself, captured on a nearby bus's camera:
    http://gawker.com/caitlyn-jenners-de...bus-1716823863
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...cident-n436426
    Couldn't have stated this better myself.

navallint Guest
    Looks like he was pushing her along, and from the back of her car it was a hard hit. I would be sitting in jail for manslaughter.