Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Amityville Murders

Seagorath Guest
    If I had the money I'd buy that house, restore it to its 1974 "look"...and open it up for tourists...honestly. The house is just too "iconic" in the world of horror films...scared the doo-doo out of me when I was a kid. I was born in 1974 by the way!

TigresMeow Guest
    First of all, the bedrooms were pretty close to each other so it is very possible to shoot the parents, both brothers and one sister in a very short amount of time. Also the picture of the "7th body" was not one of the DeFeo family members. Ric Osuna claims that the picture of this body was on the crime scene pics but this is the same man who took Geraldine Gates' word on everything DeFeo. Lots and lots of contradictions in his book The Night the DeFeo's Died.

Dawn did not have gunpowder on her hands. If you have seen the crime scene pics, she looks like she was in a very natural sleeping position. There are claims that there were unburnt particles on her nightgown but noone knows for sure if these are on the front or back of her nightgown.

George and Kathy Lutz didn't make that much money off of the book. Plus they were involved in a few lawsuits and most of the money they did make went for attorney fees, etc. Also Jay Anson, the author of the book, used literary license and even though the book was written in diary fashion, the events he claimed happened on a certain day didn't necessarily happen when he wrote they did. Anson had been given some tapes made by the Lutzes and, along with his own research, that is what was used for the book. Alot of things that Anson claimed and what the movie claimed was NOT what the Lutzes claimed. As for the 2005 remake, that was a total joke.

Something else to consider. George Lutz didn't care if anyone believed him or not. He just wanted to get their story out there so people would be aware that these things do exist.

A good board to visit is http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/

Kat

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Yea. Too bad the real george Lutz was about as far from this as can be.

I would go through any kinds of ghosts and slime to get to this!
    Me too! I never bothered watching this one (I really hate remakes) but it was on the other night at the gym. He sure grew up nice. I remember him from that lame Canadian tween soap my lil sis used to watch. "Fifteen." LOL He was so anNOYing! Who woulda guessed?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    If I had the money I'd buy that house, restore it to its 1974 "look"...and open it up for tourists...honestly. The house is just too "iconic" in the world of horror films...scared the doo-doo out of me when I was a kid. I was born in 1974 by the way!
    That is an awesome idea. They really should. They'd make money, that's for sure. Not from me, mind you.

Avalon Guest
    Anyone have different crime scene photos than those on amityvillemurders.com? There HAS to be better + closer photos than those? I'm in a sicko mood today - need a fix! hehe

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TigresMeow View Post
    First of all, the bedrooms were pretty close to each other so it is very possible to shoot the parents, both brothers and one sister in a very short amount of time. Also the picture of the "7th body" was not one of the DeFeo family members. Ric Osuna claims that the picture of this body was on the crime scene pics but this is the same man who took Geraldine Gates' word on everything DeFeo. Lots and lots of contradictions in his book The Night the DeFeo's Died.

Dawn did not have gunpowder on her hands. If you have seen the crime scene pics, she looks like she was in a very natural sleeping position. There are claims that there were unburnt particles on her nightgown but noone knows for sure if these are on the front or back of her nightgown.

George and Kathy Lutz didn't make that much money off of the book. Plus they were involved in a few lawsuits and most of the money they did make went for attorney fees, etc. Also Jay Anson, the author of the book, used literary license and even though the book was written in diary fashion, the events he claimed happened on a certain day didn't necessarily happen when he wrote they did. Anson had been given some tapes made by the Lutzes and, along with his own research, that is what was used for the book. Alot of things that Anson claimed and what the movie claimed was NOT what the Lutzes claimed. As for the 2005 remake, that was a total joke.

Something else to consider. George Lutz didn't care if anyone believed him or not. He just wanted to get their story out there so people would be aware that these things do exist.

A good board to visit is http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/

Kat
    I don't think Ric Osuna can be believed even partially.

lisalouver Guest
    TigresMeow:

Does Missy Lutz still come to your board? And is Toukee still there?!

TigresMeow Guest
    Missy Lutz never came to our board as far as I know. Gabrielle Lutz did but we haven't seen her in a long, long time. I don't think Toukee comes around either - long story behind that.

As for other crime scene pics, I have some of the more gruesome ones but I won't share them out of respect for the slain DeFeo family.

Kat

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TigresMeow View Post
    Missy Lutz never came to our board as far as I know. Gabrielle Lutz did but we haven't seen her in a long, long time. I don't think Toukee comes around either - long story behind that.

As for other crime scene pics, I have some of the more gruesome ones but I won't share them out of respect for the slain DeFeo family.

Kat
    Thanks for the info!

RaRaRamona Guest
    How disturbing & very telling is the portrait of Butch & his dad - his son had a long time drinking/drug problem & in a portrait, a permanent visual attached to the hallway, he chose a memory of himself pouring liquor for his son. That's tells me so much about how they ignored his problems & encouraged his terrible behavior. How sick in the head.

A link to the portraits.

Auntie Vi Guest

Warning

Allison
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Seagorath Guest
    The thumbnail was enough...reminds me too much of those MacDonald family murder pictures...I'm still haunted by those...R.I.P. to folks who perish like that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

RaRaRamona Guest
    Does anyone else think his bedroom wallpaper made him mental? It would make me do crazy things.

Seagorath Guest
    Especially with the combination of extreme mental illness, bad brown acid, and perhaps other bizarre elements of disturbia. Honestly, I really want to score that Amityville home 'sketch" that's framed on the wall. I wonder who owns that...Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Does anyone else think his bedroom wallpaper made him mental? It would make me do crazy things.

Avalon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    Allison
    Thanks for this - never saw it before. Would like to see more rarities like this one.

lisalouver Guest
    LMAO, I always thought that about the wallpaper too!

STRAIGHT Guest
    I'm not defending what he did to his family but I heard that his dad was one mean s.o.b. and that he had ties to organized crime so that may be one of the reasons why. That along with the fact that they spoiled him rotten and that he was addicted to heroin and alcohol.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    This is a sad one and if you go here, there are actual crime scene photos. The site is some interesting reading, too! Butch DeFeo is one sick bastard. Demons made me do it, my ASS.

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/csgallery/index3.html
    Just looked at those and I think I figured out why Butch lost it...that fucking polka dot wall paper!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    I'm not defending what he did to his family but I heard that his dad was one mean s.o.b. and that he had ties to organized crime so that may be one of the reasons why. That along with the fact that they spoiled him rotten and that he was addicted to heroin and alcohol.
    Maybe why he killed the dad but not the whole family. His dad spoiled him & threw money at him, apparently. He wasn't disciplined, that's for sure. He never had any consequences anyway.

STRAIGHT Guest
    Maybe why he killed the dad but not the whole family. His dad spoiled him & threw money at him, apparently. He wasn't disciplined, that's for sure. He never had any consequences anyway.
    He might have killed them because he was jelous of the younger kids, also he was insane and high at the time.

I lived in Huntington which is the next town up from Amityville. You wouldn't recoginize the house now if you saw it. It's sad, really. The whole neighborhood has changed. Did you know that exactly one year earlier on the day of the murders, Karen Silkwood was murdered? Weird coincidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

seems like a lot of liquor bottles in the sunroom.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    seems like a lot of liquor bottles in the sunroom.
    I think the Dad was a boozehound? I could be wrong.

I see Kaluha there and I dig the old Canada Dry bottles!

undertakeress Guest
    So, just curious, why do people discredit Ric Osuna so much? is it because of the association with Geraldine Gates?

I find the whole crime fascinating.... Amityville is a little village and i'm sure the police hadn't investigated a crime on this level before.

The house is beautiful (now) though. I love Dutch Colonials.

starlite Guest

Yea. Too bad the real george Lutz was about as far from this as can be.

I would go through any kinds of ghosts and slime to get to this!

hoxharding Guest

Ever read the short story 'The Yellow Wallpaper' that is a great example of the evil of bad wallpaper.

Shannon Guest
    Pretty cool, from map quest 108 previously 112 Ocean Ave, how it looks today

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Pretty cool, from map quest 108 previously 112 Ocean Ave, how it looks today

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

Creepy! Two houses to the right there is a weird shadow in the pool...it's a tree...but it's spooky for some reason.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Would you believe I watched this movie today?!?!?! This is such a coinkydink! Movie was funny...Demons...Pthhhhhh...

xenaswolf Guest
    Did they ever find out if Butch drugged the family? That's the only thing I can think of that would have cause all of them to be so soundly asleep that they didn't hear a rifle going off repeatedly.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Would you believe I watched this movie today?!?!?! This is such a coinkydink! Movie was funny...Demons...Pthhhhhh...
    So when the house is listed for sale, would it be a selling point that your basement is a portal to hell?

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    So when the house is listed for sale, would it be a selling point that your basement is a portal to hell?

for many of us here, I think it would be.

spiritwisepi Guest
    Here is a link that my friend sent me.
    http://chatanuga.org/Amityville.html

This is a pic of one of the dead younger boys "ghost photo"

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...69998665_m.jpg

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    *Real estate broker*
    "Well the home will not require any heating because there is an eternal fire in the basement...Your neighbors will be kinda noisy but at this price..."

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Ever read the short story 'The Yellow Wallpaper' that is a great example of the evil of bad wallpaper.
    LOL There are people in the wallpaper! I love that story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Wallpaper is a demon...I hate that stuff worse than gettin a bikini wax...It gives me the creeps...I took the wallpaper off my dining room wall and I let the kids draw on the sheetrock...It looks 100% better...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    *Real estate broker*
    "Well the home will not require any heating because there is an eternal fire in the basement...Your neighbors will be kinda noisy but at this price..."
    LOL, I would love to see that ad!
    The original house was super creepy looking though. Those windows looked like eyes watching everyone. Super, super creepy.

Shannon Guest
    [quote=beatlebaby4;398434]LOL, I would love to see that ad!
    The original house was super creepy looking though. Those windows looked like eyes watching everyone. Super, super creepy.

It is still the original house, just changed a bit and the cool windows taking out, if I lived there I would put them back the way they were.

kelbons Guest
    Really. Those windows don't fit the architecture. Besides... everyone knows what happened in that house!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yeah, I didn't like those windows. Uh uh. I know it's still the same ole place with some minor cosmetic construction done but still the original look gives me the heebees

xenaswolf Guest
    Glad someone still has a copy of that ghost pic. George Lutz was having it taken down from all over the web before he died. Hold on to it, it could disappear forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritwisepi View Post
    Here is a link that my friend sent me.
    http://chatanuga.org/Amityville.html

This is a pic of one of the dead younger boys "ghost photo"

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...69998665_m.jpg

Rosa Moline Guest
    Those portraits of the family are actually really beautiful...and very poignant...i wonder too, who owns them now? I bet they must be worth a helluva lot. I especially love the portrait of Allison and Dawn...there's also a kind of eerie quality (hard to describe) about them, but that makes them even more compelling.

I've seen the picture of the ghost boy too, on a documentary a few months ago and on the web. Scared the bejesus out of me (and my daughter, budding death hagess in the making, just like her mum!)

I'd love a link to the graphic crime scene photos please, I mean the REALLY graphic ones (I've already seen the Amityville.com ones)...anyone?

I think the house is truly gorgeous...I'd happily live in it!

Shannon Guest
    [quote=Rosa Moline;399030]Those portraits of the family are actually really beautiful...and very poignant...i wonder too, who owns them now? I bet they must be worth a helluva lot. I especially love the portrait of Allison and Dawn...there's also a kind of eerie quality (hard to describe) about them, but that makes them even more compelling.

I've seen the picture of the ghost boy too, on a documentary a few months ago and on the web. Scared the bejesus out of me (and my daughter, budding death hagess in the making, just like her mum!)

I'd love a link to the graphic crime scene photos please, I mean the REALLY graphic ones (I've already seen the Amityville.com ones)...anyone?

Me too! I can't find any good crime scene pics, I am so dogon morbid.
    The ghost pic freaked me out but can we be sure its real? Aside from being morbid IM skeptical to a flaw.

ReadMe71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    Really. Those windows don't fit the architecture. Besides... everyone knows what happened in that house!

I completely disagree with you.

I think those windows added tons of character. I don't find them to be the least bit creepy. I think due to the scenes in the first/original movie, they were portrayed as being "evil."

xenaswolf Guest
    I was just re-reading the Osuna page and found this in the story of the murder discovery

[SIZE=2]With Bobby Kelske in the lead, the five men hurried up the stairs to the second floor. Bobby, a regular visitor to the DeFeo household, knew exactly where the master bedroom was located. As they reached the second floor, they were overwhelmed with the stench of death.[/SIZE]

Now what do ya'll think they meant? Decomp or loss of bladder/bowels?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I was just re-reading the Osuna page and found this in the story of the murder discovery

[SIZE=2]With Bobby Kelske in the lead, the five men hurried up the stairs to the second floor. Bobby, a regular visitor to the DeFeo household, knew exactly where the master bedroom was located. As they reached the second floor, they were overwhelmed with the stench of death.[/SIZE]

Now what do ya'll think they meant? Decomp or loss of bladder/bowels?
    The bodies were not there long enough to really decompose in a way that would overwhelm someone. Osuna is a known embellisher.

There was a lot of dried/drying blood which can give off an iron/old smell, but as for decomp, those bodies were in really good condition, from the pictures I have.

lisalouver Guest
    Regarding the house itself, the spooky "half moon" windows were removed by the owners years ago and replaced with square ones.

The house itself is beautiful, sitting on the water like that. The whole area/houses is gorgeous. I would love to live there.

xenaswolf Guest
    The bodies were not there long enough to really decompose in a way that would overwhelm someone. Osuna is a known embellisher.

There was a lot of dried/drying blood which can give off an iron/old smell, but as for decomp, those bodies were in really good condition, from the pictures I have.
    See, now that's what I thought. That they hadn't really been dead long enough for decomp to be advanced. I can't keep up with which author told the truth and which lied and all that. I do remember from my paramedic days that head wounds tend to stink but they were all shot in the back right?

Rosa Moline Guest

Lisa,

Are you able to link me to the pics please? by PM if you prefer?

Thank you!

xenaswolf Guest
    No fair, we wanna see them tooooooo!