Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies

OBX Guest

Who saw the new ABC show Pushing Daisies?

If that isn't a Death Hag show, I don't know what is. It is cool where this guy can touch a dead person and bring them back to life, but when he touches them a second time, they die again. Also, if he doesn't touch them a second time within a minute, someone else will die to take their place, but he still can't touch the person he brought back again or they will still die.

So he is grown up and he works with a detective to touch murdered people, ask them who killed them and then touches them again real quick. They get the reward and split it. All is good until his childhood sweetheart is the murder victim.

You can watch the pilot online at ABC.com, I guess for a little longer. It was just the most original show I have seen in a long time.

OBX Guest
    Sorry if the above comes out like a plug, but I just watched it online and liked it.

Outlaw Guest
    I liked it. It was quirky.

1karenhb Guest
    Wasn't expecting a lot from this show but I liked it too. Will continue to watch. Should be funny to see how he avoids touching his girlfriend.

motherogod Guest
    I cannot watch anything with Kristin Chenoweth remotely involved. That factor in itself made the show unbearable past the first 40 minutes. I gave it the old college try, though!

Now Family Plots or whatever it was on A&E was FAB. No need to mention SFU... that was the BEST show ever. Death hag or not.

Kathyf Guest

Pushing daisies

I really liked it. It is different for a change.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    I cannot watch anything with Kristin Chenoweth remotely involved. That factor in itself made the show unbearable past the first 40 minutes. I gave it the old college try, though!

Now Family Plots or whatever it was on A&E was FAB. No need to mention SFU... that was the BEST show ever. Death hag or not.
    I kinda liked it too very unique! and I agree mothergod the two shows you metioned were the best! I still miss SFU!

Bake Guest
    Not really sure if I like it or not, I watched it. But then, when I first watched Ugly Betty I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, and I'm still watching it and have decided I like it!!

GhostWorld Guest
    I finally watched it last night, I liked it.

Also for SFU fans Peter Kraus is in a new show called Dirty Sexy Money - it's pretty darn good.

erin Guest
    I liked it too. I think I'll keppe watching. Have any of you seen that new show called Moonlight? It's a vampire show, and the vampire is a PI. I thought it was interesting, too.

Watched the show and liked it.The 60 second touch thing is different.Hope it stays fresh.

Guest Guest
    OK I had to watch this show just now, and I loved it. Only I felt like I was inside a morbid Dr. Duess book.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Urgh! I read about this show, and its something I really wanna see.. I forgot to watch it..lol. I need Tivo.
    ~SinKitty

WendyK Guest
    Me and my family really enjoyed the show.I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

viridescence Guest
    Since this thread isn't about dead Actors & Actresses (just dying & reanimated, excuse me, "alive again") it probably belongs elsewhere.

However, I have to say that I was really looking forward to this show not only because it has huge appeal to death hags, but because it looked unique and quirky. It definitely did not disappoint. The hyperrealistic colors remind me of the films "Big Fish" and "Amelie" (both of which I enjoyed), and the narration reminded me of Dr. Suess and "A Series of Unfortunate Events." I'm not a fan of Kristin Chenowith, but I can deal with her because the show was smart, witty and entertaining.

djdeath-hag Guest
    We loved it....look forward to seeing it again tonight....I hope that it will last but of course, nothing can ever top SFU for me....but I'd love to see 'em try!

Littleroben Guest
    I had deja vous when I read the plot. Don't know if you guys will have seen Torchwood (Dr Who spin-off) but in the first episode of that they had a glove that could bring people back to life for two minutes, they used it on a murder victim. Don't think Pushing Daisies is on here but will keep an eye out.

ginny9577 Guest
    i love this show, it's so funny and weird...definitely a must see

atlantis Guest
    Little Roben: Do you like Torchwood? I reaaaaaaaaalllllllllllly love it. Capn Jack is a fox, I don't care if he is gay or not. I know there are millions of chicks all over the globe saying "DAMN: HE DOESN'T LIKE CHICKS???? WTF?". But the chicks' loss is the dude's gain!

katspjs Guest
    My whole family is addicted....what my inner unsolved crime obsessed self would give to have that power!! My 12 year old blondie goth (looks like a surfer girl, but loves bats, true crime, monsters, ghosts, etc.) just went nuts for it. Family bonding....LOL

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    Little Roben: Do you like Torchwood? I reaaaaaaaaalllllllllllly love it. Capn Jack is a fox, I don't care if he is gay or not. I know there are millions of chicks all over the globe saying "DAMN: HE DOESN'T LIKE CHICKS???? WTF?". But the chicks' loss is the dude's gain!
    Yeah I do like it, kept missing it when it was on though. Captain Jack is so much fun. Best idea to keep and use him after Dr Who.

I really liked Pushing Daisies...reminds me very strongly of almost a Tim Burton movie. One question though, if his GF was brought back from the dead, does that mean she is now unable to die as long as he doesn't touch her?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

mgpm Guest

Pushing Daisies

Very cute deady show. Anyone else like it?

Kathyf Guest
    Love It

I watch it regularly. Love the quirky, colorful style and the underlying sadness of the story and the characters. I'm also a "pie maker", so I have a particular soft spot for Ned, although I don't revive my fruit they way he does (obviously). "Emerson Cod" just totally steals his scenes, too!

Ruffian Guest
    I love the premise of the show. I wish it wouldn't be so Edward Scissorhands-ish, but then it probably would lose something.

Littleroben Guest
    I'm resurrecting this thread (get me - lol)! This has just started in the UK and I really enjoyed watching it. Liked all the little twisty bits in it and its good to see what Anna Friel is up to (apart from shampoo ads)

endsleigh03 Guest
    I totally missed this show?
    Is it still on here?

OMG!!! I loved this show, I was so bummed when the damn writer's strike started. I hear it's supposed to be back next season, I sure hope so. It was definately something different and creative, totally reminiscent of "Amelie" and anything by Tim Burton. And I loved the Hitchcock references to boot!!! The Vertigo spoof is posted on my MySpace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Littleroben Guest
    We've only had the first episode and it took me a while to realise why the squirrel died (I'm an idiot) lol I assume it must still be going as ITV are showing it at 9pm on a Saturday night (plus Sunday afternoon repeat).

They're telling us in the U.S. that it will be back in the Fall. Waah! At least it looks like they won't be canceling it. I'm just going to find the wait unbearable.

djdeath-hag Guest
    We're quite fond of "Pushing Daisies" in our household....Ned's dog, Digby bears a resemblence to our Casey. I even got my mother hooked on it, after seeing the first episode. It is quirky & extremely colorful. Let's hope that ABC won't jerk us around too long & that it will be on the fall line-up. Meanwhile, I'll just have to review season 1 online.

Littleroben Guest
    Did they show the whole of the first series? Just want to check before I invest too much of my life in watching it only to find that the series stops half way through.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    I liked it too. I think I'll keppe watching. Have any of you seen that new show called Moonlight? It's a vampire show, and the vampire is a PI. I thought it was interesting, too.
    Hubby got me hooked on Moonlight.......now supposely, he`s " human, but I don`t see that lasting long

Littleroben Guest
    I'll keep a lookout for that I think we have that on here now too - but not on one of the major channels.

PvN73 Guest
    This hasn't started here in Australia yet, though the promo's have! So it sounds like it is good, I will give it a go.

OBX if I dont like it, you are in trouble!!!
    Last edited by PvN73; 04-15-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Sounds like an intergallactic game of tag.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Dylgem22 Guest
    ** BUMP **

I am bumping this thread because I got so excited when I saw the new season was starting in October!! I really enjoy this show .. I don't watch many shows on TV, but this was definitely one of them!! I cannot wait !! Anyone else watch this?

YES!!! I'm so glad the writer's strike didn't kill it. I cannot wait. *jumps around giddyly*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dylgem22 Guest
    Yay!! I am just glad I am not the only one!!

Littleroben Guest
    Hey that's great its coming back. I really enjoyed the quirkiness of the show.

trose Guest
    I LOVE this show. Can't wait until it comes back on - been too long!

WendyK Guest
    Olive is so cute! When does it come back on? Anyone know? I have been out of touch with TV land since summer has arrived and everything is reruns. We rent movies all summer long.

I live the show. It's one of the only shows I go out of my way to watch.

I think the new season is supposed to start Oct 1st.
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted--nevermore!

I agree, this show is out there.. very entertaining and what a concept!!

I enjoyed the first season...

OhMyLola Guest
    I love this show! I'm not a fan of Kristen C at all, but Lee Pace and the two shut-in aunts make up for it, at least for me.
    They're having a promotional tour for it where they give away free pie and whatnot, next week they'll be in Vegas...I'll definitely be there.

Pryncis Guest
    I watched the first show and didn't like it at all. There was just something about it that rubbed me the wrong way, I guess... Kinda found it creepy, like Halloween on drugs...

Dylgem22 Guest
    Yeah, It starts on Oct. 1st I believe and I cannot wait!! Glad to see others enjoyed it like I do!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Here I was, thinking that I oughta give this thread a well deserved bump when my search found that Dylgem32 beat me to it! I've begun to review last season online and was so thrilled to know that season one is already out on DVD. You ALL know where I will be at 8pm on October 1st! I love Ned....does that make me "simple simon"?

Yay, the first season of Pushing Daisies is on dvd as of last week...here's the website (I hope this isn't considered spam ) it also has wall papers and such
    http://warnervideo.com/pushingdaisiesdvd/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]