Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fort Hood Shooting in TX

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Mary...are you kidding?? WHat...are you talking about the biblical times?? When is the last time a CHRISTIAN did what this MUSLIM did????

Unreal.
    http://www.indonesiamatters.com/1300/wali-songo/
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Guy who shot John Lennon - Bat Shit Crazy
    John Wayne Gacy - Bat Shit Crazy
    Manson and friends - Bat shit crazy
    Son of Sam - Bat Shit Crazy
    None of these four were crazy.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post

I beg to differ; anyone who thinks a dog is telling them to kill, is obviously mentally ill.

Oooo-kay. So a guy who killed 20+ guys, ate some of them after raping and killing then.....and then buried them in floor boards in his house isn't crazy?

Lemme ask you - what DO you consider crazy???

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

Qu'ran.....http://www.studytoanswer.net/myths_ch7.html#ch7-1

What does Islam teach as far as violence is concerned? Looking at the Qur'an, we see that quite a lot is said about this subject. Muslim apologists will often point to Surah 2:190-193 as proof that Islam teaches only defensive warfare, but eschews offense.

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they first fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease,

Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    I beg to differ; anyone who thinks a dog is telling them to kill, is obviously mentally ill.
    They knew what they were doing and that it was wrong.

Also, captured serial killers have been known to feign mental illness in an attempt to dodge responsibility. Many of them *are* psychopaths, and a good rule of thumb when dealing with such persons is to assume they are lying whenever their mouths are moving.

Oooo-kay. So a guy who killed 20+ guys, ate some of them after raping and killing then.....and then buried them in floor boards in his house isn't crazy?

Lemme ask you - what DO you consider crazy???
    What *I* consider crazy is irrelevant. What the state considers crazy is: "Most courts accept a major mental illness such as psychosis but will not accept the diagnosis of a personality disorder for the purposes of an insanity defense. The second question is whether the mental illness interfered with the defendant's ability to distinguish right from wrong. That is, did the defendant know that the alleged behavior was against the law at the time the offense was committed. Additionally, some jurisdictions add the question of whether or not the defendant was in control of their behavior at the time of the offense."

thinkering Guest
    What *I* consider crazy is irrelevant. What the state considers crazy is: "Most courts accept a major mental illness such as psychosis but will not accept the diagnosis of a personality disorder for the purposes of an insanity defense. The second question is whether the mental illness interfered with the defendant's ability to distinguish right from wrong. That is, did the defendant know that the alleged behavior was against the law at the time the offense was committed. Additionally, some jurisdictions add the question of whether or not the defendant was in control of their behavior at the time of the offense."
    I have such a brain-boner for you right now, Maxster.

Believe it or not, I'm taking a course in forensic psychology.

thinkering Guest
    Believe it or not, I'm taking a course in forensic psychology.
    Cool beans. I'm a licensed neuropsychologist.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Those crazee ass Amish beat the shit out unchurned butter and don't get me started on the Mormon youth and the damage they can inflict on a Schwinn ten speed
    LMAO!! I love it!

Those crazee ass Amish beat the shit out unchurned butter and don't get me started on the Mormon youth and the damage they can inflict on a Schwinn ten speed

LMFAO!! Thank goodness I didn't have anything to drink while reading that...otherwise I would be mopping stuff off my laptop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Meli Guest
    They knew what they were doing and that it was wrong.

Also, captured serial killers have been known to feign mental illness in an attempt to dodge responsibility. Many of them *are* psychopaths, and a good rule of thumb when dealing with such persons is to assume they are lying whenever their mouths are moving.
    Then you do know psychopathy is a form of mental illness. I do not agree that all serial killers are mentally ill, however some are. The ones who are disorganaized, such as David Berkowitz, who has been diagnoised as paranoid schzophrenic.

People have been studying serial killers for as long as they have been around, and they are complex people, as differnent as they are alike. Taking a forensic psychology class, does not make you an expert.

Now, back to the topic of this thread.

There is evidence this soldier (and I use that term lightly) attended mosque with several of the people involved with the 9/11 attacks..... anyone surprised?

There is evidence this soldier (and I use that term lightly) attended mosque with several of the people involved with the 9/11 attacks..... anyone surprised?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post

Then you do know psychopathy is a form of mental illness. I do not agree that all serial killers are mentally ill, however some are. The ones who are disorganaized, such as David Berkowitz, who has been diagnoised as paranoid schzophrenic.

People have been studying serial killers for as long as they have been around, and they are complex people, as differnent as they are alike. Taking a forensic psychology class, does not make you an expert.

Now, back to the topic of this thread.

Of course we shouldn't be surprised. Slowly but surely the media is going to have to finally get a grip on reality and call this attack for what it was....islamic terrorism.

They are now finding that this guy tried to get in touch with al quieda recently...

KristinEileen Guest
    Of course we shouldn't be surprised. Slowly but surely the media is going to have to finally get a grip on reality and call this attack for what it was....islamic terrorism.

They are now finding that this guy tried to get in touch with al quieda recently...
    If he had succeeded in getting in touch with al quaeda this would have been an even bigger death toll than it already is. My greatest fear is that some other muslim extremist is going to see this person as a God or a role model and attempt to commit the same act. Al quaeda is probably figuring out how to attempt this all over again and that is scarier than I care to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    I have such a brain-boner for you right now, Maxster.
    Me too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bidmor Guest
    Hasan is awake and able to speak:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/...an_s_condition

Then you do know psychopathy is a form of mental illness.
    Psychopathy is not recognized as a mental illness by the American Psychiatric Association and it can't be used for a defense of insanity.

People have been studying serial killers for as long as they have been around, and they are complex people, as differnent as they are alike.
    And, according to our instructor who *is* an expert, 90% are psychopaths.

Taking a forensic psychology class, does not make you an expert.
    I never claimed to be an expert.

My last word in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    LMAO
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bat shit crazy people do not plan their acts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

thinkering Guest
    My last word in this thread.
    Nooo, please stay.
    I know it's frustrating and even lonely sometimes to partake in debate here, but that means your posts all the more needed.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Cindy, my man - this time that's too broad a generalization to be anywhere near accurate. Case in point: Ricardo Lopez, the Björk-stalker. Quite the little planner...

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    If he had succeeded in getting in touch with al quaeda this would have been an even bigger death toll than it already is. My greatest fear is that some other muslim extremist is going to see this person as a God or a role model and attempt to commit the same act. Al quaeda is probably figuring out how to attempt this all over again and that is scarier than I care to think about.
    That is a scary thought, one I do not wish to dwell on. I do think another backlash from this will be the further alienation of good muslim soldiers in our Army. Now that this guy is awake and talking, maybe we will get some answers.

Meli Guest

As soon as I heard about this, I pegged this guy, and I stated that he was never reported or investigated because of fear of discrimination... which people are now saying is true. How many more examples of this sort of thing do we need to allow before stop handling these people with kid gloves? How many more Americans need to die?

Meli Guest

Agreed Cindy. Truly crazy people are NOT organazized criminals. They make mistakes that lead to their capture. Terrorists are not crazy, just evil. Just as this guy is.

sablegsd Guest
    Cool beans. I'm a licensed neuropsychologist.

I'm certifiable.

thinkering Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Yeah, that scares me, too.
    Shitty things like this seem to be contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    I'm certifiable.
    Good for you. *high five*

Nooo, please stay.
    I know it's frustrating and even lonely sometimes to partake in debate here, but that means your posts all the more needed.

Cindy, my man - this time that's too broad a generalization to be anywhere near accurate. Case in point: Ricardo Lopez, the Björk-stalker. Quite the little planner...
    There's a difference between bat shit crazy and pure D evil.

I wasn't being broad generalizing. Someone who is truly bat shit crazy commits his acts on the moment, the instant. S/he snaps and goes on an unorganized rampage, killing or wounding everyone in his path. He does not hide, nor does he stop until he is stopped.

Evil plans. Evil hides, and sometimes kills itself or it flees, and when caught, it fakes crazy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

BooMom Guest
    Evil plans. Evil hides, and sometimes kills itself or it flees, and when caught, it fakes crazy.
    Truer words were never spoken.

( also, does anyone else think this would be a GREAT opening line for a book or movie? )

STsFirstmate Guest
    My family cousin wrote to me this weekend. He did not know the guy but as a physician he spends roughly 25% fo his time at Fort Hood.
    He did say that there is a paper trail on this guy not to be believed according to his contacts. His opinion is that the guy's CO and several levels above her will be toast. They will be lucky to keep their pension and be allowed to retire.
    Apparently there was not much about this guy that we now know that wasn't lready known.
    When he was at Walter Reed, allegedly, a conditional discharge was recommended but withdrawn after an internal hearing.
    I think my cousin is beside himself.
    Regards,
    Mary

thinkering Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    My family cousin wrote to me this weekend. He did not know the guy but as a physician he spends roughly 25% fo his time at Fort Hood.
    He did say that there is a paper trail on this guy not to be believed according to his contacts. His opinion is that the guy's CO and several levels above her will be toast. They will be lucky to keep their pension and be allowed to retire.
    Apparently there was not much about this guy that we now know that wasn't lready known.
    When he was at Walter Reed, allegedly, a conditional discharge was recommended but withdrawn after an internal hearing.
    I think my cousin is beside himself.
    Regards,
    Mary
    That is just plain scary!

TheMysterian Guest
    It's amazing that the "lame stream media" isn't all over this! another "Terrorist attack",or "Man caused disater" if you please,The F.B.I. knew about this pos and did nothing about it. Had this animal's TV,or radio been tuned into Limbaugh,or Hannity or Beck this would have been part of "A vast right wing Conspiracy"!

"U.S. Homeland Security officials are working with groups around the United States to head off any possible anti-Muslim backlash following the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas.”

The Department of Homeland Security is in good company in its confusion. Gen. George Casey, the Army’s top general, also worried that "this increased speculation could cause a backlash against some of our Muslim soldiers. And I’ve asked our Army leaders to be on the lookout for that.” And President Obama cautioned against "jumping to conclusions.”
    The backlash trope is trotted out after every episode of terrorist violence. But it is as false as it is dangerous. This image of a nation on a hair trigger for violence against Muslims is a calumny.
    The repeated invocation of this libel has had an effect, though. It has succeeded in intimidating many Americans about the proper bounds of discussion. Casey reinforces this timidity when he frets that "our diversity” may be a casualty of the attack at Fort Hood. He and the Obama administration are obscuring the real challenge Americans face.
    Our challenge is not to transcend the demons of vengeance clawing at our souls. Our challenge is to deal intelligently with a threat that arises from religious convictions. Non-bigoted observers can see that while the vast majority of the world’s Muslims are not extremists, a significant minority are. And it matters what people believe.
    We don’t like to pass judgment on others’ religious convictions. That’s fine. But when a religious belief spurs violence and mass murder, it becomes political, and it becomes a proper concern of the military and security services. Worldwide, Muslims believing themselves to be advancing the faith have committed more than 14,000 acts of violence just since 9/11. The list is long and bloody — and it includes many innocent Muslims.
    Many hit home. In 2003, Hasan Akbar, a Muslim convert, rolled a grenade into the tent of his fellow soldiers in the 101st Airborne Division on the eve of the invasion of Iraq. In June, Abdulhakim Muhammad, another convert, killed one Army recruiter and wounded another in Little Rock, Ark. Naveed Haq shot six women at the Seattle Jewish Federation office in 2006.
    Federal agents have thwarted planned terror attacks on Fort Dix, N.J., folded up a terror ring in Lackawanna, N.Y., and uncovered plots against the nation’s financial centers, the New York subway system, 10 airliners landing in the U.S. (the liquid bomb plot), JFK airport, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Prudential Building in Newark, N.J., among others.
    Do we arrest all Muslims in America?
    So shall we arrest all the Muslims in America? That’s the caricature that is encouraged by the "backlash” peddlers. Obviously not. But what we must do is to discriminate — that is, to make distinctions based on what kind of Islam Muslims embrace. We have created a climate in which members of the military were afraid to raise questions about the bald and blatant Islamist comments Major Nidal Hasan expressed over many years. He was overheard saying, "maybe people should strap bombs on themselves and go to Times Square.” He was caught proselytizing his patients. He argued frequently to colleagues that the U.S. was engaged in a "war against Islam.”
    Yet no one raised a red flag. Might be interpreted as anti-Muslim bigotry. And so the military took no action. Thirteen Americans paid for that with their lives. If any good were to come out of the Fort Hood massacre, it would be a new clarity about what we are fighting. Islamism is the enemy. Moderate Muslims are allies in the cause. We should no more shrink from confronting and battling Islamism than we would from any of the "isms” we destroyed in the 20th century. Muddled thinking and misplaced delicacy have proved deadly.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I think the services are in a tough positon on this one. They need people that speak the language and understand the locals and their traditions.
    Clearly along with the successful surge in Iraq there was a real campaign in the area of nation building, schools, infrasturcture etc. This approach has been pretty successful according to the active and ex military I have spoken with recently. That is because Irag was for the most part a secular country by Islamic standards under Sadam. That actually gave us something to work with here that we don't have in Afghanistan.
    There is no concept of a middle class, education as a dream for their kids (male and female) or even a central government to build on for the future.
    The need for accepted Muslim resources in the military is even more critical to success in Afghanistan. I don't think Major Malik ever numbered in what they were looking for or relying on for this role. He was never a fit and I am surprised and disturbed he was not passed over and discharged. They were that deparate for mental health professionals and Muslims members.
    There is a don't ask don't tell story on CNN today where a guy was being harrassed by nonmilitary people threatening to out him. He came out to his superiors and said he wanted to do it right. They kept him in for his 15 month deployment and several months after that where he served honorably. It wasn't until an interview with him appeared in a gay newspaper as a active gay soldier in the war zone that they pulled the trigger and mustered him out. His commander said it was a policy imposed on the Army he had to support and he hated losing an experienced productive serviceman and they delayed it as long as they could.
    Under other circumstances he would have been gone as soon as he came up to his superiors. I think it was the same thing here. They kept a low performing officer rather than lose the skill set he had, a very bad decision.
    While it is interesting that some of those who served with him now say they wish they had been more vocal but were afraid they would be considered discriminatory remarks. The Command structure, in spite of this , had plenty of information that clearly indicated the prudent action would have been to pass him over and get him out.
    JUst my opinion but I think the warriors in this case were let down by their leadership that got into a "can't fail" mindset which you are constantly warned about in the military. They let the pressure to address certain requirements get in the way of doing what was best for both the soldiers under their command and the officer in question. He should have been mustered out and monitored closely civilian authorities.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 11-10-2009 at 07:41 AM.

STsFirstmate Guest
    CNN has posted an article where Hassan made a speech advocating CO status for muslims in the military to assure they were not compelled to fight againt other Muslims.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/10/...ing/index.html
    The speech was in 2007. He has also, according to his family seeking seperation form the Army since 2001.
    Does anyone know what his committment to the military post gradulation actually was? The research I have done shows the max at 5 years committment for undergrad including West Point Graduates with 3 additional years for a post graduate degree.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform...ealth_Sciences
    OK answered my own question with a slightly different google search. From the exact school and program he graduated from the committment is 7 years active duty and 6 years in the reserve after a successfull internship and residency. My math has him still owing 5 years active and 6 years reserves.
    He did everything but tow around a balloon saying kick me loose before I kill somebody.
    What a mess. This guy is disturbed but not beyond knowing right from wrong. The fact that he kept trying various legitimate means to get out pretty much shows that to be the case. He deserves whatever the law can legally mead out to him.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Regards,
    Mary

TheMysterian Guest
    CNN has posted an article where Hassan made a speech advocating CO status for muslims in the military to assure they were not compelled to fight againt other Muslims.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/10/...ing/index.html
    The speech was in 2007. He has also, according to his family seeking seperation form the Army since 2001.
    Does anyone know what his committment to the military post gradulation actually was? The research I have done shows the max at 5 years committment for undergrad including West Point Graduates with 3 additional years for a post graduate degree.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform...ealth_Sciences
    OK answered my own question with a slightly different google search. From the exact school and program he graduated from the committment is 7 years active duty and 6 years in the reserve after a successfull internship and residency. My math has him still owing 5 years active and 6 years reserves.
    He did everything but tow around a balloon saying kick me loose before I kill somebody.
    What a mess. This guy is disturbed but not beyond knowing right from wrong. The fact that he kept trying various legitimate means to get out pretty much shows that to be the case. He deserves whatever the law can legally mead out to him.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Regards,
    Mary
    Exactly! Anyone who joins the service knows what to expect,he didn't want muslims to kill muslims?? too freaking bad! During WWII Americans of all nationalities( German,Japanese,Italian,Greek whatever) were either drafted,or joined and most likely killed countrymen of their families,there is no excuse for what this pos did,he should never been in the service,he knew what the possibilities were and now he needs to muslim man up and face a court martial,and hopefully a firing squad!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    It's amazing that the "lame stream media" isn't all over this! another "Terrorist attack",or "Man caused disater" if you please,The F.B.I. knew about this pos and did nothing about it. Had this animal's TV,or radio been tuned into Limbaugh,or Hannity or Beck this would have been part of "A vast right wing Conspiracy"!
    THis is all bullshit!!! This country is falling apart because of all this "politically correct" bullshit. People are dying!!! Our country is at risk and people want to play politics with peoples lives.

It all started after 9/11. 3000+ people were killed by these radical muslim bastards and because people were afraid of profiling and "backlash" all this politically correct BS was started to spew out.

NOw we need to be "sensitive" because we don't want to hurt hurt feelings or be seen like we are "fear mongering".

People forget that we are at war with these people and we need to start taking our country back or else we will lose it even more so than we already have.

I get so depressed and angry watching this poltically correcy BS that gets shoved down our throats every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Exactly! Anyone who joins the service knows what to expect,he didn't want muslims to kill muslims?? too freaking bad! During WWII Americans of all nationalities( German,Japanese,Italian,Greek whatever) were either drafted,or joined and most likely killed countrymen of their families,there is no excuse for what this pos did,he should never been in the service,he knew what the possibilities were and now he needs to muslim man up and face a court martial,and hopefully a firing squad!
    This guy shouldn't be in a hospital bed...he should be swinging from a meat hook.

I am awaiting his justification for what he did. Lots of speculation out there but eventually the motivation will be revealed.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I am awaiting his justification for what he did. Lots of speculation out there but eventually the motivation will be revealed.
    There is no justification Neil,it'a an act of terroeisim plane and simple!

STsFirstmate Guest
    As Sara Palin would say I am going rogue for minute here and off topic.
    The holidays are coming and most of the posters on this thread seem to have strong feelings for our people serving under the colors.
    I recommend this site for taking care of a service person for the holidays.
    I have used them and have had friends use them and they are the real deal.
    If you don't have friends or family serving they can help you make a difference in someones quality of life this holiday.
    http://anysoldier.com/

Regards,
    Mary

The holidays are coming and most of the posters on this thread seem to have strong feelings for our people serving under the colors.
    If you don't have friends or family serving they can help you make a difference in someones quality of life this holiday.

Regards,
    Mary
    Thanks for the link

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    THis is all bullshit!!! This country is falling apart because of all this "politically correct" bullshit. People are dying!!! Our country is at risk and people want to play politics with peoples lives.

It all started after 9/11. 3000+ people were killed by these radical muslim bastards and because people were afraid of profiling and "backlash" all this politically correct BS was started to spew out.

NOw we need to be "sensitive" because we don't want to hurt hurt feelings or be seen like we are "fear mongering".

People forget that we are at war with these people and we need to start taking our country back or else we will lose it even more so than we already have.

I get so depressed and angry watching this poltically correcy BS that gets shoved down our throats every day.
    I couldn't agree more! I tip my hat to you

Regards,
    Mary
    Mary, just reading this brought a tear to my eye. That's an excellent idea. Thank you!

This guy shouldn't be in a hospital bed...he should be swinging from a meat hook.
    I think our treatment of this piece of shit so far is a testament to the greatness of our country.

Tonights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    I think our treatment of this piece of shit so far is a testament to the greatness of our country.
    I agree.

Tat POS has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and that makes him eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,574551,00.html
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    There is a little more detail in this story I find interesting.
    He did enter as an infantry private and did not go directly into college as a military obligation. I find that very interesting. They also said he made n overtures to seek seperation from he service that they can discover.
    The article makes it clear that lots of people meeting and having discussionsabout where a lazy incompetent argumentative muslim mental health professional could do the least damage so they decide a billet doing PTST work with soldiers at one of the largest and businest bases in the US was obvisously the right choice.
    I think there are a ton of majors and colonels hearing a flushing noise and that is their careers circling the drain.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33886322...t_hood/page/2/
    Regards,
    Mary

STsFirstmate Guest
    CNN is reporting that Hassan is paralyzed from the waist down and is having tremendous nerve pain in his hands. It seems like my compassion gene has totally shriveled up with this guy. Life in prison in a chair without the use of his hands sounds pretty good for the next 40 years for this butcher.
    Regards,
    Mary

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    CNN is reporting that Hassan is paralyzed from the waist down and is having tremendous nerve pain in his hands. It seems like my compassion gene has totally shriveled up with this guy. Life in prison in a chair without the use of his hands sounds pretty good for the next 40 years for this butcher.
    Regards,
    Mary

He does not deserve any compassion for he showed none to his victims. I wish this POS would have just died. Because now "we the people" will be inadvertently supporting his ass.