Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Layne Staley 2

They hardly mentioned AiC, didn't even name any other band members . Mike seems like a nice guy though...except for the withdrawl nastiness near the end.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    New pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3859211575_fb931b7621-1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	17066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4245629259_dafd7de42b_o.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	17067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AICplaysbdayparty.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	17068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demri.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	17069  

Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spam pics removed. Attached images to remain.

Thanks for the new pics.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spam pic removed.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

Loving the new pics. He looks like he was always up for fun.

That's the healthiest I've ever see him look. Looks like a high school pic.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

He was definitely younger in these pics. Still looked fresh & healthy.

Jill90210 Guest
    Thanks for the new pics, I had not seen any of those before. From what I read his mother will be on CR with or about Mike Starr. I was thinking Dr. Drew was in a video or message in the tribute last year.

Thanks Jill I'll watch for her. I had not heard that.

wdhebert Guest
    LOVELY new pics, Ms Tingles. Layne looks absolutely gorgeous, as always!!

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Lovely pictures...here's one that is the mate to the other up there at an airport....but I haven't posted in so long on here I messed it up...sorry. It's below....
    Last edited by In a Sea of Sorrow; 01-11-2010 at 09:41 PM.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

RodeoQueen Guest
    ^^Love how he's holding his crotch and pointing to a sign about "offensive weapons", lolol! So from a previous post, am I to understand that Nancy might make an appearance on Celebrity Rehab at some point this season??

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Another one:
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

RodeoQueen Guest
    I wonder what context that pic was taken in, Sea? Looks kinda like one of those 4-shot photo booth pictures, y'know?

zamboni Guest
    Just yesterday I sat and watched Unplugged on Youtube, one video at a time. Great stuff. I need to get that cd/dvd set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

That's the healthiest I've ever see him look. Looks like a high school pic.
    It does. In those new pics he looks unhealthy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

sativadivina Guest
    I've been watching Celebrity Rehab.......all I can say is wow Mike. Can't wait to see if he gets his act together and if he does mention anything about Layne which I highly doubt. All the pictures posted on this page are great! I have noticed a lot of people that have been posting are banned. I'm not sure what you do to get banned but that sucks! I wish I could hug you all......but I'm not gonna!

Read the FAQ to see what prompts a banning.
    http://findadeath.com/forum/faq.php

The forum rules are also posted in Everything Else.
    Last edited by Nessa; 01-19-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Inthenutshell Guest
    Yes , but please ... re open the old Layne staley thread ! It was great !

Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Previously posted large image removed. Please post as a link or attachment next time. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Michi for some reason that is one of my favorite pictures of Layne. I don't know if it's because he looks so gentle there with the dog or what it is but I love it.

Me too! It's probably been posted before but I had never seen it and I thought it was sweet. You're right, it shows a gentle side of Layne.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RodeoQueen Guest
    It also shows how skinny he'd gotten, since the fact that he's wearing layers of clothing is so obvious Someone please refresh my memory: when and where did Layne go to rehab?

So on Celebrity Rehab last night Mike Starr told Tom Sizemore that Layne was his best friend. He said it several times. And I wondered if the tables were turned and Layne was in rehab and Mike was dead, would Layne say they were best friends. And at what time in their relationship does Mike think they were best friends? Was it when he was still in AIC or maybe after Layne was to ill to perform and AIC was out of action? And they may have been best friends, I don't know. Or maybe Mike just wishes they were.

I have read just about every post in either Layne thread and have been touched by the devotion of his fans. And....the photos haven't hurt, either . His story of addiction, fame, music, love and death is fascinating, and hearing it told here by so many people who love and respect him and his music is an incredible tribute. I was never aware of Layne when he was alive, and AIC isn't a band I probably would have listened to otherwise, so thanks to you guys for bringing Layne and his voice so vibrantly to life for me.

So, when Mike Starr and Tom Sizemore briefly discussed Layne, I was thinking, "Oh my God! Layne! I bet the hags are going berserk!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    So on Celebrity Rehab last night Mike Starr told Tom Sizemore that Layne was his best friend. He said it several times. And I wondered if the tables were turned and Layne was in rehab and Mike was dead, would Layne say they were best friends. And at what time in their relationship does Mike think they were best friends? Was it when he was still in AIC or maybe after Layne was to ill to perform and AIC was out of action? And they may have been best friends, I don't know. Or maybe Mike just wishes they were.
    You know... it kind of goes back to what e-Metal said in the first thread. Mike Starr was with Layne the night he died. When he realized Layne was dead, he left. He didn't call the police because he had parole issues to deal with or something like that.

Makes you wonder...

gladgump Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    You know... it kind of goes back to what e-Metal said in the first thread. Mike Starr was with Layne the night he died. When he realized Layne was dead, he left. He didn't call the police because he had parole issues to deal with or something like that.

Makes you wonder...
    Hi everyone. I was watching bonus clips for Celebrity Rehab, Episode 2. Mike talks about being with a close friend of his, then leaving, blacking out for 2 weeks, and then his friend was found dead after the 2 weeks. Here is the clip: http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...633&vid=471779. He starts talking about it at 1:21. Although he never mentions his friend's name, I only could think it must be Layne.

He's definitely talking about Layne. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by gladgump View Post
    Hi everyone. I was watching bonus clips for Celebrity Rehab, Episode 2. Mike talks about being with a close friend of his, then leaving, blacking out for 2 weeks, and then his friend was found dead after the 2 weeks. Here is the clip: http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...633&vid=471779. He starts talking about it at 1:21. Although he never mentions his friend's name, I only could think it must be Layne.
    Wow - looks like EMetal was hitting the nail on the head. Leaving and blacking out for two weeks or Layne died and you freaked cause you didn't wanna go back to the pokey?

I have a feeling, guilt is a HUGE part of Mr. Starr's addiction.

Thanks for the link - I watch the show regularly, it's very curious that they would cut that out - oh well, I guess we know why.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Wow! That completely coincides with eMetals story! Should be interesting what comes of this and the rumors that Layne's Mom will be appearing on the show. Really odd that is wasn't included in the actual episode. Thanks for posting the link I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Historia Guest
    Since there are so many posts and I just can't go through and read all of both layne's threads can somebody tell me where I could go to get close to the account you all are talking about regarding this story by eMetal? And was this a theory at the time or did this person seem to know? I read a bunch of Layne's first thread a long time ago, but if I read that I did not know who Mike Starr was at the time. I was a casual fan of AIC. I knew who Layne and Jerry were and liked some of their music, but really was only exposed to it through my little brother and a former bf. Layne had an awesome voice and was beautiful when he was healthier IMO. Anyway, thanks to anyone that could point me to this posting by eMetal.
    Last edited by Historia; 01-25-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typos

I think her posts are gone - they were in 'Layne Staley 1' as it were. They had to close that thread because it became so big with pics and stuff. Sorry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Historia Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I think her posts are gone - they were in 'Layne Staley 1' as it were. They had to close that thread because it became so big with pics and stuff. Sorry!
    Oh okay, thanks michihunt. Thanks anyways. That is horrible if Layne knew he was dying and Mike Starr just ran out on him like that. I guess drugs make people do terrible things, it is just heartbreaking all around. I hope they do work with Mike and are successful in helping him even if it involves him interacting with Layne's Mom. That is if she can do it. I am sure that Layne would want them to help him given all that Layne went through with addiction. From what I have read and seen on the web, Layne was a beautiful spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJD7K0USec
    I found this video tonight. The info says that its the video that was played during the changeover from the electric to acoustic set on the 2006 Alice in Chains tour. It made me laugh and cry at the same time! I don't know why, but i have really been feeling AIC again lately.........
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

HappyCat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthenutshell View Post
    Yes , but please ... re open the old Layne staley thread ! It was great !

I have been gone for awhile...what happened to the old thread?? It was great!

Sorry -- nevermind guys. I figured it out. Been gone waaaay too long. Gotta catch up.
    Last edited by HappyCat; 01-27-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Dorkness

HappyCat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustme View Post
    Wow! That completely coincides with eMetals story! .
    When I saw the bonus clip I totally thought of eMetals story. Gave me chills.

RodeoQueen Guest
    Me too! was not expecting to hear that

laynesgurl09 Guest
    I thought these photo's was suppose 2 b private? hehehe

[quote=Mrs Tingles;988689]
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-29-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spamming pics removed.

laynesgurl09 Guest
    sweeeeet!!! Layne pictures again good 2 c this thread is back to the way it used to be.

46. 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wdhebert Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    That is horrible if Layne knew he was dying and Mike Starr just ran out on him like that. I guess drugs make people do terrible things, it is just heartbreaking all around.
    I think maybe we shouldn't think of it like "Mike Starr ran out on Layne." We were not there. We got second-hand information from eMetal and she made it sound nasty and malicious. What if Layne made Mike promise to not get help? With Mike being on Celebrity Rehab, we are getting first-hand information for the first time. Hopefully we'll get some real answers.

Historia Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wdhebert View Post
    I think maybe we shouldn't think of it like "Mike Starr ran out on Layne." We were not there. We got second-hand information from eMetal and she made it sound nasty and malicious. What if Layne made Mike promise to not get help? With Mike being on Celebrity Rehab, we are getting first-hand information for the first time. Hopefully we'll get some real answers.
    You are very right. And honestly with both of them using so heavily, it is likely that they never really got to a conversation or into a thought process of should someone call for help. I never read eMetal's account or theory so those were just my words. I hope we do get some real answers and that Mike is able to resolve any issues that may or may not have continued to fuel his addiction.

StoneTempleBrett Guest
    Wow a new Layne thread!

Hi all. I just spent the whole weekend going over the old Layne thread.. WOW!!!

I was a fan of AIC back in the day, not like a huge fan, but I really liked the music. I had Dirt and Facelift on cassette tape (havent heard that in a while LOL) when they came out. Awesom music..awesom singer. Im a fan of Celebrity Rehab, and saw Mike Starr there and it got me interested. I knew there was a major thread here, but never read it.. So I read and read this weekend. Reading it has reacquainted me with them and Layne. I was happily overwhelmed with the love for him. He must have been a really good person to have so much love. So for all your posts, you got another person to become a bigger fan and want to learn more. I wanted to read emetals story about Mike, but it was deleted in the old thread. If anyone knows what her story was, can you pm me about it, please? I would appreciate it. Watching him on the show, the first 2 or 3 episodes, was just horrible. I cant imagine the pain he was going thru with withdrawals. And how upset he got, i totally understand that feeling when being woken up LOL and then withdrawing from heroin too..hell ya, i wouldve been throwing more then the pillow at the light. I really hope he talks more about what happened. I dont know what its like to be a junkie, and I really hope he didnt just leave layne to die, but its kinda hard not being there and not knowing what really happened. And add to that they were both probably lit out of their minds.. But im sure whatever happened is what some of Mike's problems are.