Thread: Anne & Logan Ramsey

RoRo Guest

Anne & Logan Ramsey

She was born Anne Mobley in Omaha, Nebraska in 1929. Her film career began in the 1970s, after moving to Los Angeles, with the film "The Sporting Club" (1971) in which she appeared with her husband. Throat cancer in the 1980s interrupted her career and changed the type of roles she played. Her voice and looks were affected causing her to be cast as grumpy old hag types. The pinnacle of her career came with her Academy Award nomination for her appearance in "Throw Momma From the Train" (1987) as Momma. Among her films were: "The New Centurions" (1972); "Up the Sandbox" (1972); "For Pete's Sake" (1974); "Any Which Way You Can" (1980) as Loretta Quince; "The Goonies"(1985) as Mama Fratelli; "Deadly Friend" (1986) as Elvira, a really strange film; "Scrooged" (1988); "Dr. Hackenstein" (1988) and "Homer and Eddie" (1989) as Edna, her final film. On TV she appeared in made for TV movies including: "Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway" (1976); "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" (1976) with John Travolta; "White Mama" (1980) and "Marian Rose White" (1982). She appeared in the mini-series "Blind Ambition" (1979) and guest starred on many shows including: "Wonder Woman"; "Three's Company"; "Family Ties"; "Charlie's Angels" and "Little House on the Prairie." She died of the throat cancer she had fought for so long on August 11, 1988 in Los Angeles, California.

He was born Logan Carlisle Ramsey, Jr. on March 21, 1921 in Long Beach, California, the son of Lt. Commander Logan Ramsey, Sr. who sounded the alarm at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. His father sent one of the most famous messages in the history of radio "Air raid Pearl Harbor, this is no drill!"
    Among his film credits are: "Walking Tall" (1973) as John Witter; "Walking Tall Part 2" (1975) and "Walking Tall - Final Chapter" (1977) again as John Witter; "The Beast Within" (1982) as Edwin Curwin; "Pass the Ammo" (1988) as Jim Bob Collins; "Fat Man and Little Boy" (1989) as Brehon Somervell and "The Clock" (1999) as Sherman, his final film role. On TV he was a regular on the series: "The Edge of Night" (1956) as Scofield Kilborn; "On the Rocks" (1975-76) as The Warden; "The Testimony of Two Men" (1977) a mini-series, as Dr. Emil Schaeffer; "Blind Ambition" (1979) a mini-series, as J. Edgar Hoover, his personal favorite role; "Roots: The Next Generation" (1979) a mini-series, as D. L. Lewis; "The Winds of War" (1983) a mini-series, as Congressman Lacouture and "The Young and the Restless" (1984-85) as Joseph Anthony. He also appeared in TV movies including: "The Law" (1974) and "Attack on Terror: The F.B.I. vs. The Ku Klux Klan" (1975) and "Father Damien: The Leper Priest" (1980). He guested on such shows as: "Naked City"; "Star Trek"; "Ben Casey"; "Mission: Impossible"; "Maude"; "Kung Fu"; "M*A*S*H"; "Charlie's Angels"; "Quincy"; "Night Court" and "Murder, She Wrote." His stage work netted him the Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for "Luther" in 1980. He died on June 26, 2000 in Los Angeles, California at the age of 79.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Kathyf Guest
    She was so creepy.

Jazbabee Guest
    she was very different indeed !

Anne and Logan were also in the Clint Eastwood film "Any Which Way You Can" as a couple in an adjoining motel room to Clint ape Clyde.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GODDESS6 Guest
    wow another actor born in omaha~

KristinEileen Guest
    I remember her from Throw Mamma from the Train, and Goonies. She was a rather creepy lady, but I have to admit I had no idea that she had throat cancer...I was only three when she died...

RoRo, thanks for another great informative post!

Tebssis Guest
    This is a prime example of people I've seen in films that I loved, but didn't remember their names. Yeah, she was a little creepy, but that was her roles, probably not how she was in person. You've got to admit, she was great as Momma. He wasn't bad as an actor either, loved it when he played the indignent official (in mostly guest TV spots)that had been proven wrong about something.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    Anne and Logan were also in the Clint Eastwood film "Any Which Way You Can" as a couple in an adjoining motel room to Clint ape Clyde.
    Haha.. Thats right! They were perfect for eachother.

Max - no offense intended, but are you supposed to be an alien or a head of lettuce? I can't ever figure that out when I see your pisture.

AWWYC - I loved that movie, but honesty, that whole scene with them in it just kinda goobed me out.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    OWEEENNNN!!!!! Get me some crackers and a diet Pepsi!!!

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Max - no offense intended, but are you supposed to be an alien or a head of lettuce? I can't ever figure that out when I see your pisture.

AWWYC - I loved that movie, but honesty, that whole scene with them in it just kinda goobed me out.
    I've wondered that myself

Elizabeth Guest

Good Things Come From Nee-braska

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    wow another actor born in omaha~
    Yes, there are good things that come from Nee-braska (just not our current college football time)....Henry Fonda, Marlon Brando, Johnny Carson.....

Oh, and the steaks are pretty good here too