Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze

Town Without Pity Guest
    Loved and admired Patrick for his dancing and acting and the amazing love of his wife and his amazing fight of this terrible Cancer. We need a cure. He will be truly missed. RIP and prayers to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post

One of Texas's master creations.
    Very SEXY!

He has cat eyes...I like that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Just read his death certificate and still felt sad. I wish he could have beaten the cancer, but it wasn't to be. I feel so sad for his wife, it must be hell for her. As I keep saying, he's at peace now and one day she will meet him again.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia53 View Post
    Thank you Meli for the kind words, but I am no inspiration, I just go through each day because I have to, there are no other choices. I am lost and am a shell, the best part of me is gone. It is especially hard because my husband too died of cancer. I can relate to Lisa because we as wives took care of them and our whole existence was wrapped up in our beloved husbands, treatment, care, trying to get them to eat, etc. When they die so does our purpose for living (at least it seems that way) and it is worse since we have no kids that need us.

There have been many celeb deaths this year but Patricks is harder for me and the main reason is because of the wife he left behind. Don't get me wrong I loved everything he did and Ghost has always been one of my faves, but since my hubby died, I can't watch it without crying my eyes out and now with Patrick gone - it is even worse! I can't imagine Lisa could bear to watch it...but how great it is that anytime she wants to see her husband all she has to do is pop in a movie...
    No, M, you do not have to go through each day, but because you choose to do so, to go on without your love, you inspire others. I can't imagine living without my hubs, but if I lost him, I hope have the grace you have.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Meli Guest
    From Eonline:
    Patrick Swayze is closer to his final resting spot.
    The actor's remains have been cremated, according to his death certificate released today and obtained by E! News.
    Swayze died Monday at the age of 57 of pancreatic cancer.
    His ashes are being stored at his lawyer's office on behalf of his wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi, per the death certificate.
    There has been no comment from Swayze's publicist about any plans for a family memorial service at this time or whether his ashes will be scattered at his beloved New Mexico ranch.
    However, fans will be able to pay their respects to Swayze at a public event being organized by the North Carolina town of Lake Lure, whose pristine outdoors doubled for much of Dirty Dancing's Catskills setting, including the cabin where Baby meets Johnny Castle.

A memorial will take place 7 p.m. Saturday at Firefly Cove, which stood in for the film's Camp Chimney Rock. While the event is free, attendees will be asked to make a donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in the star's name.
    Meanwhile, ABC's Dancing With the Stars will also pay tribute to Swayze, who was a onetime guest on the hit hoofing contest, with a special episode set to air Sept. 23.

I dont know why hearing my beloved Patrick has been reduced to ashes makes me incredibly sad..... life is seriously unfair, and cancer is a bitch!!!

sablegsd Guest
    I fell asleep between 8-10 this morning and woke up feeling distressed and sad.
    Then I realized again Patrick Swayze was dead. I have never been emotional over a celebrity death before, but for some reason I just really liked this guy.
    I am glad he is not suffering anymore. I feel so bad for his wife. I have been married
    31 years to my soulmate and he is ill with kidney disease.

trinlee Guest
    I know this may not be the right time to say this, or even the right thread. But I love that all you hags are so respectful. A friend of mine who hates my haggery, has just recanted everything she said about it.

I did look at imdb, and to be honest some of the remarks were heart breaking, disgusting and evil. I for one will not be looking at them again, I cannot understand that kind of tasteless mentality. Ok I'm stepping away from my soap box now.

billmack04 Guest
    Didn't make it over to this board since Mr. Swayze passed away. May he rest in peace. He fought long and hard. He was very strong and passed away on HIS TERMS. He was very classy even when the media was not.

trinlee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billmack04 View Post
    Didn't make it over to this board since Mr. Swayze passed away. May he rest in peace. He fought long and hard. He was very strong and passed away on HIS TERMS. He was very classy even when the media was not.

You got that so right.

Quote Originally Posted by trinlee View Post
    I know this may not be the right time to say this, or even the right thread. But I love that all you hags are so respectful. A friend of mine who hates my haggery, has just recanted everything she said about it.

I did look at imdb, and to be honest some of the remarks were heart breaking, disgusting and evil. I for one will not be looking at them again, I cannot understand that kind of tasteless mentality. Ok I'm stepping away from my soap box now.
    Those idiots on that board piss me off too. They are just stupid idoits (I would swear!) and I never will read what they have wrote about Patrick. He put up a fight with this bloody cancer and died with the people who loved him and who he loved too. Those people on that board need to grow up!

TIMB1967 Guest
    I'm glad he's no longer in pain. It's no doubt where he is now. Loved his perdormance in Norh and South and the 2nd series.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Those idiots on that board piss me off too. They are just stupid idoits (I would swear!) and I never will read what they have wrote about Patrick. He put up a fight with this bloody cancer and died with the people who loved him and who he loved too. Those people on that board need to grow up!
    I personally think these forums are among the most civil on the internet and it isn't because we all sing Kumbya and agree but I think we can thank Scott's rules and forum moderators even handed enforcement against personal attacks.
    The preponderance of people here are very civil and respectful even when they disagree for the most part. Heres to a troll free zone.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Some people just cannot get use to the idea of a cremation.
    For me....I cannot fathom lying in the ground rotting with bugs crawling all over my remains. Really Cremation seems cleaner and easier. Not taking much space up as well.
    ON the other hand....my parents are buried plus most of my relatives were buried after death. It is nice to have someplace to go and visit if just for a moment. Peaceful and quiet...good place to think.
    Nowadays they make necklaces with a little place to put some of your loved ones ashes in and wear them close to your heart. Really some would find that creepy....I find it comforting. jmo
    I do to. Plus if you move away you can take their urn with you. I know some people scatter, and that is fine, but I keep my mama's urn with me and if I move she goes too. (A third of her, anyway. My other two sisters got a part.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I personally think these forums are among the most civil on the internet and it isn't because we all sing Kumbya and agree but I think we can thank Scott's rules and forum moderators even handed enforcement against personal attacks.
    The preponderance of people here are very civil and respectful even when they disagree for the most part. Heres to a troll free zone.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I second that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Regards,
    Mary
    Me three!

He was a class act

Desertrose Guest
    There is a very nice cover story about him on this week's People Magazine.

Giada Guest
    I'm not at a point where I can watch any of his films. My memories of Ghost and Dirty Dancing are just too sweet.

Next year ....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No, M, you do not have to go through each day, but because you choose to do so, to go on without your love, you inspire others. I can't imagine living without my hubs, but if I lost him, I hope have the grace you have.
    Thanks cindyt, I sure don't feel graceful! I hope no one ever finds themselves on this widow road, it is rocky, lonely and doesn't seem to lead anywhere I want to be.

I agree...Hags Rock...very nice civil people here and the only place I can show my hagcolors!

Anyone read Patricks death cert? And why the address of his lawyer as 'place of death'? Any ideas??
    ~The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~~I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart's last words

crazedfemale Guest
    Just watched the hilarious "Chippendales" video on youtube. Hysterical and OMG, Patrick was SO HOT!

He grew up in northwest Houston and his mom's dance studio was on the same street my grandmother lived on...some of my older cousins took dance from his mom Patsy and I remember as a small child they went down to "Patsy's Studio" to take tap and ballet. We moved away from Houston when I was 6 years old and I heard about him when I visited my grandmother. I wish one time I had crossed paths with him.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's_Hub-Hag View Post
    September 14, 2009 at exactly 9:14pm I found out that Patrick Swayze has died! I'm so sad. He died at the age of 57--the same age my dad was when he died 21 years ago (also of cancer). What a very sad year of deaths this year has been. Rest in Peace Patrick. My prayers are with his family tonight.

My dad also died at 57....it's too young.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I'm just so sad about Patrick. I had an enormous crush on him after I first saw Dirty Dancing in the theatre. I remember walking out of there feeling flushed and in love with that man. He was just so gorgeous. I love what Jennifer Grey his costar from the movie said about him after his death. It fit him so well...

''Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace."

""When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see."

"Grey, 49, says Swayze was a "real cowboy with a tender heart," who was so fearless doing his own stunts that "it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."

God bless you and rest in peace sweet Patrick...

Regards,
    Mary
    I agree totally!

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I'm just so sad about Patrick. I had an enormous crush on him after I first saw Dirty Dancing in the theatre. I remember walking out of there feeling flushed and in love with that man. He was just so gorgeous. I love what Jennifer Grey his costar from the movie said about him after his death. It fit him so well...

''Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace."

""When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see."

"Grey, 49, says Swayze was a "real cowboy with a tender heart," who was so fearless doing his own stunts that "it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."

That's the first time I have seen her commentsin full....What a beautiful thing to say. really fitting. Bravo Jennifer.

...and by the way, on Fridays at work we don't have to wear suits and everything, so I wore my Dirty Dancing t shirt in hommage. So many people that I work with realised why I was wearing it and were like 'oh that's so nice'.

Jazbabee Guest
    The Biography Channel has also been running a fairly nice tribute to his life this week if any of you can catch it

Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    I will go ahead and say it IS TOO SOON for Patrick jokes. For those of us who have lost someone to pancreatic cancer its down right insulting that someone would turn his death into a joke. Patrick I know for a fact helped others who were also battling this. Im extreamly hurt by the fact that people have already started this TWO DAYS after his passing.
    I have to agree. Let's have a little respect here. Cancer is such an ugly and evil disease! I absolutely hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Ouch. Sometimes hearing about someone being cremated makes me cringe. In his case, a beautiful man and a loving and caring person....that he is reduced to ashes bothers me. Weird, I realize.
    I have to agree with this, also, but at least Lisa will be able to have Patrick closer to her.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Ouch. Sometimes hearing about someone being cremated makes me cringe. In his case, a beautiful man and a loving and caring person....that he is reduced to ashes bothers me. Weird, I realize.

tamiele, I can't agree with you more about cremation.
    When my daughter died from Cancer a few months age we were horrified at the cost of a funeral and everything that went with it.
    They suggested a cheaper way would be to cremate her.
    I couldn't be in the same room with an open coffin, it was opened for a while so the people who had strong opinions about seeing her one last time could look. I was the only one who refused to go up when it was opened.
    I could never even consider it because I was and still am deeply in mourning over my little girl.
    R.I.P to both of you.

the corpse bride Guest
    Thanks to Patrick and Lisa, my SO and I had a talk about the end, as it were. We don't have children, and their undying love has helped me see that we don't have to have children to prove we really love each other and that his family would still call me family if he ever passed away.

I know that I have three children, but they don't live with us and he isn't their dad.

Again, love you Patrick and Lisa, you prove love never truly dies.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post

All those quotes just gave me chills...and tears.

Demi Moore said something to the affect of:

"I love you, I'll miss you."

And Keanu Reeves said something like:

"He was a beautiful person."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

RetroFanatic Guest
    R.I.P. Patrick.

I know I'm not the only person who longs to travel back in time. Where did the time go? He was so strong and remained active. All always be a fan.

Nicki Guest
    Does anyone have the video's of the bloopers for Dirty Dancing. Someone above said they were very sexy. I would love to see them.

OOPs....Found some: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgw77_PbXhM&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n11g9VuBRgA

Still love The Last Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo
    Last edited by Nicki; 09-19-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Duke Six Guest
    I am unsure about cremation, on one hand if the deceased wishes stated it that it be done, fine. I find a little peace in visiting a grave and thinking about the old times. My Mom was the first to have creamation as per her wish and to be spread on the farm she was born and raised on. It was in April, early spring and the winter wheat was a lush green when my brother spread her ashes during high winds. It wasnt exactly what I wanted for her but it was what she wanted. My mother passed of bladder cancer at the age of 73 in the spring of 07. Cancer is the scourge of the human race but as my 80 yr old uncle told me before he passed: some thing has gotta kill me... cancer took him as well in 06 Patrick was too young but I believe that all those that we loved, we will meet again someday.....

UK newspaper News Of The World has a small part of Patrick's autobio and it's so moving and sad. Here is what is written:

Facing your mortality is the quickest way to find out what you are made of. It strips away the bullshit.. exposes your soul"

It has sent me on an emotional journey deeper than anything I've felt before.

Facing your own mortality is the quickest way possible to find out what you're made of.

It strips away all the bullshit and exposes every part of you - your strengths and weaknesses, your sense of self. Your soul.

When it happened to me in late December 2007, life was looking pretty good. I had just wrapped shooting on the pilot of a new TV series, The Beast.

My wife Lisa and I were enjoying a second honeymoon of sorts after a difficult period in which we had grown apart. And I was feeling excited about new work, new directions, the future.

Lisa and I were planning to spend New Year's Eve at our ranch in New Mexico - but first, we stopped off in Aspen to visit friends.

It was there that I got the first hint something was wrong.

I had been having digestive trouble, mostly acid reflux and a bloated feeling, for a few weeks. I've always had a sensitive stomach so I hadn't thought much of it, but lately I just couldn't shake the constant discomfort.

In Aspen, we had a champagne toast. I took a sip, and nearly choked - it burned like acid going down. I'd never felt anything like it.

But I said nothing to Lisa. I was used to ignoring pain, so I didn't think anything more about it.

A couple of weeks later, I noticed something else strange, in the bathroom. It's embarrassing to say, but my urine was very dark, and my stool was very pale. I told Lisa: "Something really weird is going on." She asked if anything else wasn't right. "Do my eyes look yellow?" I asked. "Yes," she said.

I could tell by the look on her face that she was concerned. She was adamant I see the doctor the next day. He immediately ordered CAT scans, blood tests and a urine test. He knew something was up.

One showed my levels of bilirubin (an orange-yellow pigment in bile) were very high. We asked what might be the cause and he gave us a shortlist - one was pancreatic cancer, another was pancreatitis, which is serious, but treatable.

"It's probably pancreatitis," I told Lisa, trying to reassure not only her but myself, too.

Later that day, a CAT scan revealed a mass on my pancreas. This was very bad news, though it still didn't mean I definitely had cancer. The doctors would need to do an endoscopic procedure to find out. It was scheduled for four days time. We spent those four days at home in a fog, trying to keep our emotions in check while inside we were starting to panic.

When the endoscopy went ahead, the surgeon couldn't get the scope down to my bile duct because my stomach was very enlarged.

At this point, they were almost certain what was wrong. As I lay in the recovery room, two doctors told Lisa: "We're 99 per cent sure he's got pancreatic cancer." Lisa later told me she went completely numb.

When I woke up, I had cramps so severe the doctors ordered me to spend the night in the hospital. Lisa came in, but decided she wouldn't tell me about the cancer right away.

She wanted me to have one last night of 'normal' life before our hardest fight began. She told me she loved me, and spent the night by my side. The next morning, the surgeon came in to give me the diagnosis. When he told me I had pancreatic cancer my first thought was, 'I'm a dead man'. The only thing I'd ever heard about pancreatic cancer was that it's incurable and kills you very quickly.

I stared at him in shock. I had gone in for a simple gastrointestinal procedure, then - surprise! You could be dead before springtime! Fear sliced through me.

I had been so excited about the upswing my life was on. Now it all seemed like a cruel joke. I didn't know where I would find the strength to deal with this. And neither did Lisa. She has always been so strong - but after the surgeon left, she broke down and cried.

She crawled into the hospital bed with me, buried her head in my neck, and said: "I can't do this, Buddy (Patrick's nickname). I can't do it. You can ask me for anything else, but please don't ask me to do this." I held her tightly and we wept together.

At that moment, as she lay sobbing in my arms, I felt as alone as I'd ever felt. I knew I'd have to find a way to fight this thing, but the very thought of it exhausted me.

There was one last sliver of hope. If the cancer hadn't spread, the doctors said it might be possible to operate. That hope came crashing down the next day, when another CAT scan showed it had already spread to my liver. I had what they call Stage 4 cancer, the worst possible.

A lot of things go through your head when you get a death sentence handed to you, starting with Why Me? What did I do to deserve this?

In those first few weeks after my diagnosis, amid the whirlwind of figuring out treatments, I struggled, with Lisa's help, to make sense of what was happening to me. Trying to counteract all the negative emotions welling up - anger, bitterness, despair - I thought to myself, "I've had more lifetimes than any ten people put together, and it's been an amazing ride. So this is OK".

I was trying to find a way to accept what was going on, but then I just couldn't. I wasn't ready to go, and I was damned if this disease was going to take me before I was good and ready. So I said to my doctor, "Show me where the enemy is, and I will fight him".

I wanted to understand exactly what I was up against so I could go after this cancer rather than waiting for it to beat me. And in the year and a half since my diagnosis, that's exactly what I've done, with every ounce of energy I have. I've never been one to dwell in the past, so spending time with Lisa looking back at our lives has been really illuminating. The one thing I realised is that no matter what happened, we never, ever gave up - on each other, or on our dreams.

From the start of my treatment, we did all our own home care - injections, intravenous nutrition, everything - because we didn't want an at-home nurse.

We wanted life to go on as normally as possible. I wanted to live and enjoy life rather than feeling like a full-time patient.

That's why I decided to go ahead with filming a full series of The Beast - 13 episodes. And the executives at the Arts & Entertainment network, to their credit, said yes - depending on how my chemotherapy went. Chemotherapy was hell on wheels, and it got worse the longer it went on.

The cancer also caused all kinds of trouble with my digestive system. I spent many nights curled up on the bathroom floor, desperate for the pain to pass.

But although I felt nauseated, bloated, and cramped most of the time, there was at least one side effect I didn't suffer: I managed to keep my hair.

As Lisa and I headed up to Chicago to begin shooting in the late summer of 2008, I vowed to myself that no one on the set would ever know if I was feeling in pain.

I was going to shoot this whole series, doing my own stunts, right into the Chicago winter.

Being on the set was incredibly energizing. I was happy to be working again, focusing on something other than the continuing fight against cancer. I worked 12 to 18-hour days, jumping and fighting my way through action sequences.

There were tough moments when I had to overcome pain, nausea, and fatigue. But some days were good.

Once a crew member said to me, "I can't believe you're able to do all this".

I continued with chemotherapy all the way through the shoot, but I never took any painkillers, since they dull your sharpness. By the ninth episode, I didn't know if I could finish, as the bad days were really, really bad. But quitting was not an option. I dug far deeper than I ever had - and pushed through to finish the season.

In some ways, I've always felt as if I was living on borrowed time. I've cheated death more times than I can count. There's something in the Swayze make-up that loves risk, and God knows I've embraced my share over the years.

The months I've spent fighting this cancer have been an emotional roller-coaster. There are days when I feel determined to live until a cure is found, and truly believe I can do it.

And there are days when I'm so tired, I just don't know how I can keep on going. But I have to. I have to keep moving forward as if there's a long future for me. As if this is beatable. I'll just be damned if this son of a bitch is going to beat me. It's trying to kill me, but I'm going to return the favour.

In the summer of 2008, just before we went to Chicago, Lisa and I renewed the vows we'd made to each other 33 years before. We invited close friends and family members. I rode in on a white stallion, and together Lisa and I recited the vows we'd each written. As she finished saying the words she'd written for me, tears came to my eyes.

It was one of the happiest days of my life. And it made me more determined than ever to have as many more beautiful days together with her as I possibly could.

© Troph Productions, Inc. 2009. Extracted from The Time Of My Life by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi, to be published by Simon & Schuster UK Ltd. on September 29 at £17.99. To buy it for £16.19 (with free P&P) call 0845 271 2137 or visit notwbookshop.co.uk
    Here is the link to the page which has photos! http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...ayze-book.html

Patrick was so brave. It breaks my heart in two.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    So many celebrity deaths this year left me feeling so sorry for them and the families and loved ones left behind. I felt quite sad about Michael Jackson because of the talent that was now gone, plus his children.

With Patrick though, it's a very strange feeling. He was a celebrity too, but I feel like I have lost someone that I knew personally. I know, it doesn't make sense, I didn't know him at all, but there is this different kind of sadness that is hard to put into words.

Reading now about his heavy smoking habit, in addition to his heavy drinking years ago, it reminded me of another celebrity who died from pancreatic cancer, Michael Landon. Apparently Michael shared the same thing in common with Patrick, heavy smoking and heavy drinking. Melissa Gilbert who played Laura on Michael's "Little House" series said Michael would drink his coffee every morning on the set, and she found out later that there was vodka in there too. He never acted drunk though, and was always professional. Lots of booze and cigarettes......it's a killer combo.
    Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 09-20-2009 at 09:39 AM.

I look forward to Patrick's book. Unfortunately from reading that short part of it, I can tell it will be something I will pick up and read the entire thing in a couple of hours...and be sad when it is over because it wasn't enough.

I am not saying smoking and drinking is good for anyone, but I have had far too many people close to me (including hubs) die of this and other types of cancer who never smoked or drank. You can't blame getting cancer on bad habits.

My 7 year old cousin died of cancer, he had no bad habits, had a healthy diet and wasn't around smoke etc. Cancer doesn't care what the hell your lifestyle is, it is an indescriminate killer.

When people blame bad habits for cancer it makes those left behind feel worse, especially if the one they lost didn't do those things. Then you think...ok so why did my loved one get it??

I don't blame Patrick or anyone for their own death, other than those who take their own life intentionally, God decides when and how you go.
    ~The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~~I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart's last words

I hate that this man is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    I hate that this man is dead.
    Me too.

Perdi Guest
    Thanks for popping that excerpt in, Spooky. Took me ages to read it as I had to keep wiping my eyes!! So poignant.

Gonna have to get me that book!!

mandee1005 Guest
    I think the reason why Patrick's death has sucked more than the others is because he doesn't have the heir of being an actor. You know, the better than thou ones who want their expensiv things and huge mansions. Patrick seemed like someone you knew, a close friend. He seemed down home and ginuine person whether he was acting in a movie or you met him on the street. With him, you got what you got. No phoniness to him at all. Thats why he connected with so many people. He was relatable with everyone.

With cremation- There was no doubt in my mind that he would be cremated. It just seems to fit him. No fuss, no saddness. I also think his ashes will be scattered on his ranch. From what I read him and his wife had a deep connection with his ranch. I think he wants her to feel safe with still having both of them-the ranch and him. He gave so much to his ranch now he can be a part of it, with his anmial and nature.

My brother was cremated after he died. Burial didn't seem right for him. It was the first cremation I ever encountered. To tell you the thruth, I think it has been eaiser on the family dealing with his death. We scattered his ashes in his favorite spot. He was an outdoor person and when I go to visit him, (this may sound crazy to some) I can feel him there. Its different from visiting my grandparents grave. It just seems more dreadful to me to stare at a headstone and try to be remember them, the good memories and times we shared. Cremation isn't for everyone but it has opened my eyes to an entire different way of dealing with death.

I just finished watching Dirty Dancing, it was on tonight *sniff*

Anyone read Patricks death cert? And why the address of his lawyer as 'place of death'? Any ideas??

Is there a link to the DC??? I'd love to see it, see what mortuary here in LA cremated him. According to the article above, it sounds like his lawyer's office is the current disposition of his cremated remains, not his place of death. Perhaps his wife couldn't bear to have him with her right now???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Thanks for popping that excerpt in, Spooky. Took me ages to read it as I had to keep wiping my eyes!! So poignant.

Gonna have to get me that book!!
    We always buy that paper and I cried reading it over my breakfast. He was so brave and it's hard to believe he's gone forever. I will have to buy the book thats for sure.

brikdon1956 Guest
    On The Boulavard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0491.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	15952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0492.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	15953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0493.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	504.7 KB 
ID:	15954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0495.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	15955  

http://www.starmagazine.com/media/or...eath_Cert2.jpg

Link to death certificate. The mortuary is Westwood, the mortuary/cemetery where Marilyn is interred, and where Heath Ledger's LA services were held. I really need to get a job there, even if it's SCI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I am not saying smoking and drinking is good for anyone, but I have had far too many people close to me (including hubs) die of this and other types of cancer who never smoked or drank. You can't blame getting cancer on bad habits.

My 7 year old cousin died of cancer, he had no bad habits, had a healthy diet and wasn't around smoke etc. Cancer doesn't care what the hell your lifestyle is, it is an indescriminate killer.

When people blame bad habits for cancer it makes those left behind feel worse, especially if the one they lost didn't do those things. Then you think...ok so why did my loved one get it??

I don't blame Patrick or anyone for their own death, other than those who take their own life intentionally, God decides when and how you go.

Oh Morticia, I hope you don't think I was blaming Patrick for his death because he drank and smoke heavily. I know cancer is a horrid disease that strikes down even the healthiest, even those who have taken good care of their bodies. I have also had some love ones who have lost the battle like this.

I was just noting how with these two particular men, Patrick Swayze and Michael Landon who both have said in past interviews they felt that in their case their smoking and drinking probably contributed to their particular form of cancer. Because they said it, it makes one go along with it I guess. But who really knows.
    Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 09-21-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Ohh my. I just found the sexy deleted scene from dirty dancing, in case it hasn't been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLXOwumUtjI

----

I look forward to reading his autobiography...I'm very interested in reading more of his thoughts.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    Ohh my. I just found the sexy deleted scene from dirty dancing, in case it hasn't been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLXOwumUtjI

----

I look forward to reading his autobiography...I'm very interested in reading more of his thoughts.

Wow! Phew, that was pretty hawt. I can just imagine that being left in the film.

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    Wow! Great video!

Perdi Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y0TW...1&feature=fvwp

Well they can certainly move!! Cheesey peeps, that is one bendable Mrs he had there!!!

sablegsd Guest
    OMG *fanning myself*