Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Farley

Danny62 Guest

Chris Farley

what are eveyones thoughts on his death pics?

The glamour of drug abuse!!!

I have a hard time looking at them!

Guest Guest
    I believe a couple of us were talking about this in another thread. But as I said in it, the pics are horrific. Doesn't look like the same coked out hyper guy you see on SNL or Tommy Boy. His life with prostitutes and all that kind of surprised me. No matter how fat, thin, bald, or so much hair you look like a bear, if you have money or your famous, you can get laid. I lso couldn't understand that with as hyper as the guy was and he seemed real active in his movies, why he was so big. But back to the pics, there horrible, I refused to look at them for a long time but curiosity got the best of me.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    ya know they grossed me out to, but i was nosy so i had to look at them to. the question i have when you look at his grave was he creamated? his grave was really narrow, how could they fit a casket in that rectangular spot?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX LSU View Post
    ya know they grossed me out to, but i was nosy so i had to look at them to. the question i have when you look at his grave was he creamated? his grave was really narrow, how could they fit a casket in that rectangular spot?

Well I looked on FAD and it says nothing about cremation. So apparently he was buried.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    i wish i could of seen anna nicole smith in her casket. are there any?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX LSU View Post
    i wish i could of seen anna nicole smith in her casket. are there any?

I haven't seen any of her, I've only seen her casket closed while being hauled and the dress she was buried in.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    There are only two "Dead Pictures" that ever really upset me to any degree, whatsoever.

The day I saw the River Phoenix casket photo in the Enquirer, and the Chris Farley pictures. River's photo effected me because I was such a big fan of his work growing up, and the Farley pictures...I really can't put a finger on it. They weren't nauseatingly disgusting or anything, but there was something so...troublesome about seeing someone who I usually thought of with laughter like that. Dunno if that makes sense...

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    ...and the Farley pictures...I really can't put a finger on it. They weren't nauseatingly disgusting or anything, but there was something so...troublesome about seeing someone who I usually thought of with laughter like that. Dunno if that makes sense...
    Don't worry, it does. I think I understand where you're coming from.

The stark contrast between the life of laughter and merriment he seemed to lead and the sordid reality of what he actually did in his spare time is a disturbing one.

I think the prostitution thing bothers me the most. With his money and fame, he could easily have met women. But let's face it: it's far easier to "buy" people for sex, and then discard them once you've had your fun, isn't it?

I'm sure his being in Hollywood helped shape his outlook as far as people being disposable "objects." And from the way he lived his life, it's obvious he felt that he himself was pretty disposable, too. Sad, really.
    Last edited by ST Moron; 10-07-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Changed plural to singular

Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post

The stark contrast between the life of laughter and merriment he seemed to lead and the sordid reality of what he actually did in his spare time is a disturbing one.

I think the prostitution thing bothers me the most. With his money and fame, he could easily have met women. But let's face it: it's far easier to "buy" people for sex, and then discard them once you've had your fun, isn't it?

I'm sure his being in Hollywood helped shape his outlook as far as people being disposable "objects." And from the way he lived his life, it's obvious he felt that he himself was pretty disposable, too. Sad, really.
    Maybe prostitutes were the ONLY women he could get to like him - since he paid for that. I mean, what woman would put up with his drug and alcohol stuff? Maybe he had a feeling of low self-worth and low self-esteem (same thing!) and thought that no other woman would want him unless he paid her.

The Chris Farley pics are some of the worst I've seen too, and for exactly the reason you said - the contrast between him being so alive and then.........THAT. I've gotten pretty hardened to looking at death photos over the years, but that one did take me by surprise. I didn't really expect it to, but it did. Guess it's a good thing to never get too hardened, huh?

incognito Guest
    Yuck. Poor guy. If that hooker took the pics, she had to know he was dead since he's foaming at the mouth and bleeding. The dresser in the left foreground is filled with white powder (Picture 1). His taste in furniture is pretty gross too. What was really disturbing, was him holding the rosary beads and the cash by his body. So tragic.
    Last edited by incognito; 10-07-2007 at 07:47 AM.

pamaloo Guest
    I'm afraid to look at them. Just not ready yet I guess.

goldil Guest

Years ago, during the first or second season of Road Rules on MTV (when they cast real human beings and not sex-crazed alcoholic size-zero sociopaths), one of the jobs for the cast was on the set of one of his films (I don't remember which film). When he met the Road Rulers, it was apparent (to me, anyway) that he just wanted them to treat him like a regular guy and they just wanted him to be a clown. He was being nice to the girls and they were all but saying "Poke him in the belly and see if he giggles like the Pillsbury Doughboy." It was very sad. At least with hookers, their motivation is clear and their primary goal never changes. I think he was just desperate for companionship and hookers were kind of a last resort for him.

incognito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goldil View Post
    I think he was just desperate for companionship and hookers were kind of a last resort for him.
    I don't think it was a last resort, especially at that hookers price/night. Many men prefer the company of hookers as there is no emotional commitment. Most men have been with a hooker at some point in their life (some more than others) whether they paid money or not. Some of you posted that "with his money...he could get someone," which sounds very hookerish and gold diggish and star f*ckerish. Again, the bottom line: easier to hire a professional for the needs of men.
    Last edited by incognito; 10-07-2007 at 11:55 AM.

meggles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    I don't think it was a last resort, especially at that hookers price/night. Many men prefer the company of hookers as there is no emotional commitment. Most men have been with a hooker at some point in their life (some more than others) wether they paid money or not. Some of you posted that "with is money...he could get someone." Sounds very hookerish and gold diggish and star f*ckerish. Again, the bottom line, easier to hire a professional for the needs of men.
    I never realized that until someone explained it to me. I'm a Falcons fan and the night before the SB and FINALLY getting there, one of the players blew it (huh, huh) by soliciting a Miami policewoman for a BJ. I actually said to one of the Falcons players I couldnt' understand that when there were tons of stunning groupies hanging at the hotel, so he explained that half the time, hookers don't know you're famous and they aren't looking to get pregnant and get into the grift....made sense to me...

Sylkyn Guest
    I wasn't particularly bothered by them, per se. I guess when I first saw them (long time ago) I was expecting worse...or something. Also, I'd seen OD pics before (used to be an Ogrish junkie, before it went to hell) so maybe I was a bit "jaded" by the time I saw Chris's. I think some of the worst I've seen were of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. THOSE wigged me out.

Snoopy Guest
    I had a hard time looking at these pictures..something so sad about seeing them and then watching him at his best on SNL..what happens to people to make them take such a dark, sad road.

Ladywilde Guest
    I only saw one death pic and he was face down so it could have been anybody.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladywilde View Post
    I only saw one death pic and he was face down so it could have been anybody.
    Well, if you do want to see the actual pics, they're on Chris Farley's FAD page...

Daphne Guest
    Yikes, these pictures are disturbing.... I have heard of the foam at the mouth thing, but this brings it home... I dont think I will be looking at these again-very sad story.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I've loved SNL from the time I was a kid and I even hung in through all the horrible seasons. (Chris Elliot, anyone?) There is a great book called Live From New York. David Spade and Chris Rock both talk extensively about Chris. David Spade (whom I loathe with a white hot passion) said that John Belushi was Chris's idol and even used to wear his pants. Chris Rock has a quote that goes something like, two guys named Chris, one a black guy from Bed Stuy, one a white guy from Madison, WI, hired on the same day, who do you think is gonna OD?

I think it's so disturbing because of how surreal the photo comes across. I haven't seen it in a couple of years, yet I can see it pretty fresh in my memory.
    Obviously, he looks just horrible..but something about the pic all together ( the colors, his surroundings, etc) just gives off such an eerie and extremely lonely vibe. Really sad.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

I caught the tail end of the A&E Biography of Farley the other day. He was truly one of a kind. However I must say I was happy to learn of his disgust with "Beverly Hills Ninja" lol.
    I do agree though...those photos stirred the ice in my bones.

Danse Macabre Guest
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to intriduce myself.
    Ana from Puyallup, WA =]

Anyway... Could anyone please tell me where I can see his death pictures? ;D

boston mike Guest

Chris Farley

Yeah the pics were sort of gross... But you know what astounds me... He is holding a rosary in his left hand... That makes me wonder what he was thinking....

Mike

onehunglow Guest

Talking Not bad death pics.

But I was a firefighter/EMT for 10 years. What I find odd is how many famous people live in small homes etc. Herman Munster lived in a dump as did many. Not what I expected. What's worse is the smell. Good thing they found him or they would have smelled him. When I was a kid we had a tire store in the main downtown with an apartment over it. All day the guy said something stunk. A real prick I got beat up by worked there. He was working on a tire when this fluid dripped on his face. Yep, the old man who lived above had expired and no one found him. Life can be good.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Cross View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to intriduce myself.
    Ana from Puyallup, WA =]

Anyway... Could anyone please tell me where I can see his death pictures? ;D

http://findadeath.com/

Under directory, look for Chris Farleys name. Scroll his page until you see pic#1 then #2 and #3

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    But I was a firefighter/EMT for 10 years. What I find odd is how many famous people live in small homes etc. Herman Munster lived in a dump as did many. Not what I expected. What's worse is the smell. Good thing they found him or they would have smelled him. When I was a kid we had a tire store in the main downtown with an apartment over it. All day the guy said something stunk. A real prick I got beat up by worked there. He was working on a tire when this fluid dripped on his face. Yep, the old man who lived above had expired and no one found him. Life can be good.
    The smell is awful. Even after a couple hrs after they pass you can smell death in the air. The worst ones of all are the bloaters.

Danse Macabre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    http://findadeath.com/

Under directory, look for Chris Farleys name. Scroll his page until you see pic#1 then #2 and #3

Thanks! I don't remember seeing these pictures on the website before.

Pretty gross o.0

Such a talent wasted!

Oh man...That's awful.
    I have so much respect for those of you guys in any of those types of fields..CSI, EMT, people working in morgues, etc.
    While most do their best to not think of death and what may occur when one dies, There are those who not only see it everyday, but they devote themselves to lines of work other people could never handle.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Oh man...That's awful.
    I have so much respect for those of you guys in any of those types of fields..CSI, EMT, people working in morgues, etc.
    While most do their best to not think of death and what may occur when one dies, There are those who not only see it everyday, but they devote themselves to lines of work other people could never handle.

We have people who go in before us and let us know if the smell is too bad " If the body was found decomposing ". If it's too potent, we have to let it air out 1/2 hr, suit up and then go in.

onehunglow Guest

You never get use to Kids and that haunts me.

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]But Chris had a big wod of cash laying there so he was doing OK. The smell can be bad.[/SIZE] Mortician??s balm in our nose and it pretty well kills the smell. The worse smell I ran into was a tobacco chewer who had cancer. The whole front of his face was gone, but the part of the brain that keeps us alive is in the back of the head just above the spine. That is why the bullet in the mouth. Anyway we had to transfer him as he was stinking up the whole apartment house and they wanted him out. Even with the balm I wanted to gag. It took 3 days for the stink to leave the ambulance. We got the guy to a hospice and he lived another month. Now those places have the smell of death etched in. [/SIZE]

Wow. I guess this question is directed at both of you (Sweetsumthin and onehunglow) I think the overall most difficult aspect for me would be separating myself personally/emotionally from it; especially considering what kinds of things you must see.
    Was that something you had to work on at first, or was it never really a problem?

scatcat313 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

I feel sad viewing them. He was so talented and to see him like that is horrible.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Wow. I guess this question is directed at both of you (Sweetsumthin and onehunglow) I think the overall most difficult aspect for me would be separating myself personally/emotionally from it; especially considering what kinds of things you must see.
    Was that something you had to work on at first, or was it never really a problem?

At first it was a problem cause it's something you just didn't see on a regular basis. Now it's walk in, do the walk through of the crime scene, don't touch anything, have a sketch artist come and a photogragher/video, and just do our jobs. Before when I first started, I would stare, freeze up, or drift into space and think, how can I do this? Now I go in, collect evidence, send to it the lab and get to the bottom of it leaving my job a job and my family life a family life and never mixing the 2. Yes some cases get to me, but some people are better at having that mental block.

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

These people have a lot and they still manage to f*** it up! It makes me mad that people don't appreciate their lives enough these days. Everyone wants to go out in a blaze of glory or something. It's pathetic!

Marielle Guest
    First, hey I'm new here.

Second, the part of the Farley pics that really made me sad was the rosary in his hand. I watched his E True Hollywood story and they were saying how Chris was at church every Sunday, and he even did volunteer charity work that (obviously) he didn't advertise or brag about. He seemed to be a person of great faith. It's sad that he couldn't be truly happy while bringing everyone else so much joy.

lynette Guest
    I've actually had a question about these photos for sometime. I intended to ask Scott when I next went to LA and (finally) get to take his tour...but I'll post it here instead.

A quote from Scott's page:

Cut to 11 PM – Chris and Heidi were back at his apartment in the Hancock building. She was getting pissed off because she wanted to get paid, and Chris claimed that the friend was supposed to pay her. They supposedly tried sex again, unsuccessfully, and finally at 3am she decided to take off. Farley was clearly inebriated, and as she was leaving his apartment, he collapsed about 10 feet from the door. Heidi claimed she could hear that he was having difficulty breathing. He said to her, "Don't leave me." Figuring he had finally passed out, she snapped a photograph of him lying there and then left.

Then further down on his page, we find this quote from Scott:

Oh yeah, the hooker Heidi? From what I hear, she sold the photo to the GLOBE. Anyone have it?
    UPDATE FEBRUARY 2001. Oh my God. The pictures are here.

Now my question is...are we looking at photos that "Heidi the Hooker" took? I am confused about this. Chris doesn't look to be in any sort of shape to be able to say "don't leave me" in any of these photos. If these are not "Heidi the Hooker's" photos, where did these photos come from? And where is the photo Heidi sent to the Globe.

If these are "Heidi the Hooker's" photos I have to wonder what sort of person would just leave someone laying there on the floor in that sort of condition? Would you call 911--even if you then left because you didn't want to be found at the scene? Yes, I know that she was a hooker--therefore her ethics and morals are questionable--but I have know some women who have been hookers, and they can still have good hearts.

You still have to question the ethics and morals of the woman since she obviously was interested in making a quick buck off of Chris--even for photos of him in what she mistakenly thought was a drunken/drugged out stupor. Which I also think plays into the question of why hookers? This one obviously knew who he was and was looking to make a fast buck off of him if she could. Very "groupie"-ish behavior.

I lived with the lead singer of a successful rock band for seven years. And I have my own theories about groupies/hookers and show biz people....
    Last edited by lynette; 10-08-2007 at 01:00 AM.

ST Moron Guest
    Mortician??s balm in our nose and it pretty well kills the smell.
    Can you please describe this "Mortician's balm" in a bit more detail? Is this something that morticians use when working on bodies that's specifically designed to help them cope with the smell?

And does it work by masking odors with a stronger odor? Or does it work by killing your olefactory senses stone-dead so that you can't smell anything for a long time?

And is it available at regular, consumer-type outlets? Or would only, say, a mortuary supply store sell it?

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Where are the Chris Farley OD pictures?

DeadRinger Guest
    Mizzizvogue, have a look on Farley's FAD page, if you scroll down the page you will see Photo 1, Photo 2 and Photo 3

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lynette View Post
    I've actually had a question about these photos for sometime. I intended to ask Scott when I next went to LA and (finally) get to take his tour...but I'll post it here instead.

A quote from Scott's page:

Cut to 11 PM ?? Chris and Heidi were back at his apartment in the Hancock building. She was getting pissed off because she wanted to get paid, and Chris claimed that the friend was supposed to pay her. They supposedly tried sex again, unsuccessfully, and finally at 3am she decided to take off. Farley was clearly inebriated, and as she was leaving his apartment, he collapsed about 10 feet from the door. Heidi claimed she could hear that he was having difficulty breathing. He said to her, "Don't leave me." Figuring he had finally passed out, she snapped a photograph of him lying there and then left.

Then further down on his page, we find this quote from Scott:

Oh yeah, the hooker Heidi? From what I hear, she sold the photo to the GLOBE. Anyone have it?
    UPDATE FEBRUARY 2001. Oh my God. The pictures are here.

Now my question is...are we looking at photos that "Heidi the Hooker" took? I am confused about this. Chris doesn't look to be in any sort of shape to be able to say "don't leave me" in any of these photos. If these are not "Heidi the Hooker's" photos, where did these photos come from? And where is the photo Heidi sent to the Globe.

If these are "Heidi the Hooker's" photos I have to wonder what sort of person would just leave someone laying there on the floor in that sort of condition? Would you call 911--even if you then left because you didn't want to be found at the scene? Yes, I know that she was a hooker--therefore her ethics and morals are questionable--but I have know some women who have been hookers, and they can still have good hearts.

You still have to question the ethics and morals of the woman since she obviously was interested in making a quick buck off of Chris--even for photos of him in what she mistakenly thought was a drunken/drugged out stupor. Which I also think plays into the question of why hookers? This one obviously knew who he was and was looking to make a fast buck off of him if she could. Very "groupie"-ish behavior.

I lived with the lead singer of a successful rock band for seven years. And I have my own theories about groupies/hookers and show biz people....

There is no way these could be Heidi's pics unless she stayed with the corpse for hours and then snapped the pics. Maybe she came back, found him and then snapped the pics, but these pics are not of him right after death. Decomp already set in " Notice the coloration of the fingers " These to me look like crime scene photo's from the angles. In fact I'm sure of it. They have to take pics from every angle of the room and every angle of the body. " Notice the pic from the angle showing the body and the room " That's because they have to show precisely where the body is laying and if her story matches up. And how far from the door.

onehunglow Guest

Our quatermaster bought supplies but

Can you please describe this "Mortician's balm" in a bit more detail? Is this something that morticians use when working on bodies that's specifically designed to help them cope with the smell?

And does it work by masking odors with a stronger odor? Or does it work by killing your olefactory senses stone-dead so that you can't smell anything for a long time?

And is it available at regular, consumer-type outlets? Or would only, say, a mortuary supply store sell it?
    I'm sure you can get it on line. Just don't plan on enjoying a meal. It takes a while to wear off. A fire service brings you in slow. You're not going to see a bloater the 1st week. The training films expose you slowly and weed out those that can't cut it. In my class we had 31 or to start the EMT part. About 10 quit and then we had our "final". A real autopsy. Out of the 20 or so we lost 7 and they lost their lunch. If you can't "cut" it in the autopsy room, you will not make it on the job. You do have to seperate your mind, at least I did. But, I would always go home and just hold my kids for while.

Guest Guest
    I'm sure you can get it on line. Just don't plan on enjoying a meal. It takes a while to wear off. A fire service brings you in slow. You're not going to see a bloater the 1st week. The training films expose you slowly and weed out those that can't cut it. In my class we had 31 or to start the EMT part. About 10 quit and then we had our "final". A real autopsy. Out of the 20 or so we lost 7 and they lost their lunch. If you can't "cut" it in the autopsy room, you will not make it on the job. You do have to seperate your mind, at least I did. But, I would always go home and just hold my kids for while.

Ugh Hunny never mix the job with the family life. It's hard I know, but when I walk through the door I put on my mother coat and leave my uniform at the door. It does however make you realize what you have at home, who you have at home, and makes you feel grateful for everything and everyone you have in your life.

onehunglow Guest

Getting a call to your own address

One of our members did and his grand daughter passed of SIDS. We asked him to sit that one out but he went. She had stayed with grandma as he was doing his 24 hour. We got off at 8 AM and the call came at 6:12. Looking back I would to. At least he knows that everything that could be done, he tried. Not a dry eye in the fire house.

Nik Guest
    Since we're speaking of death photos, I need to know if I'm just imagining things. I thought that the first time I went through the articles, I saw a Phil Hartman death photo. But the next time I read it, there wasn't one or a mention of one. Am I just imagining things?

I read that throwing coffee grounds on the stove helps mask the smell, too. When I used to deliver flowers to mortuaries the scent of fromaldehyde would stay with me for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Maybe prostitutes were the ONLY women he could get to like him - since he paid for that. I mean, what woman would put up with his drug and alcohol stuff? Maybe he had a feeling of low self-worth and low self-esteem (same thing!) and thought that no other woman would want him unless he paid her.
    Maybe he just wanted to get laid and didn't want a relationship or any "next day" issues.

Darrianne Guest

Well said. I read an article in some magazine - on the first year anniversary of his death, I think..... that he battled self-esteem issues - and that he always felt like the fat kid that no one liked - but if he could make them laugh, they would like him.

Wish I could remember where I read some of this stuff because it was a real good article with lots of pictures from his early days and childhood. Anyone got a clue?

Side note: When my husband gets aggravated or pissed about something he will say in a real quiet voice "Sometimes I wish" and then he will SCREAM "that I lived in a VAN down by the RIVER!!!' and it cracks me up every time.

Maybe Chris realised that he was dying & had the beads as part of his religous background...if you hero worship someone like James belushi, then you will probably follow his bad example of living. Its a shame as i love that scene with him & dave in the car with the carpenters song! Cracks me up everytime!