Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Holocaust

This is both a memorial and valuable historical artifact, however horrible the history it represents. Isn't the site rigged with video cameras all over the place and regularly patrolled? If not, it SHOULD have been!!!
    It's almost as thought TPTB were HOPING this would be stolen, for without it, the site could be any random collection of anonymous deteriorating barracks, factories, and furnaces that many are eager to tear down and forget.

hoxharding Guest
    I know it was supposedly early in the morning but how could something like that not be noticed? I guess there are no CCtvs there?
    Maybe someone paid people to steal it-perhaps for a black market collection(?)
    I don't know-I find it puzzling as well as sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    This is both a memorial and valuable historical artifact, however horrible the history it represents. Isn't the site rigged with video cameras all over the place and regularly patrolled? If not, it SHOULD have been!!!
    It's almost as thought TPTB were HOPING this would be stolen, for without it, the site could be any random collection of anonymous deteriorating barracks, factories, and furnaces that many are eager to tear down and forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I know it was supposedly early in the morning but how could something like that not be noticed? I guess there are no CCtvs there?
    Maybe someone paid people to steal it-perhaps for a black market collection(?)
    I don't know-I find it puzzling as well as sick.
    My understanding is that there was indeed CCTV surveilance there and that the cops are reviewing the footage.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

knothere Guest
    neo natzi hitler skin hed worshipers
    like r they going to hang it it wont fit over the fireplace

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    like r they going to hang it it wont fit over the fireplace
    oops!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

knothere Guest
    wooops didnt read it like that till it was brot to my attn sorry

thinkering Guest
    Few things amaze me, and I can sort of understand people collecting Drittes Reich stuff like china with the swastika on it - but the Auschwitz sign?!
    I mean - I don't believe in ghosts but even I believe that sign and it's ilk must be oozing with bad energy. Not something I'd want tucked away in the back of my bedroomcloset.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    Few things amaze me, and I can sort of understand people collecting Drittes Reich stuff like china with the swastika on it - but the Auschwitz sign?!
    I mean - I don't believe in ghosts but even I believe that sign and it's ilk must be oozing with bad energy. Not something I'd want tucked away in the back of my bedroomcloset.
    Agreed. Probably the last thing thousands of people read before they met their maker. Spooky stuff. Bad karma would be leeching out of it.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-19-2009 at 03:09 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. 12-19-2009, 03:29 AM
    Reason
    cuz i did

knothere Guest
    reminds me of the bad energy comin outa the mason murder house the pig door

RodeoQueen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    My understanding is that there was indeed CCTV surveilance there and that the cops are reviewing the footage.
    I guess my question would be why wasn't the CCTV being monitored by a night guard?

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    reminds me of the bad energy comin outa the mason murder house the pig door
    Absolutely! Neither one is a piece of memorabilia I would want to add to my collection.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are the same type of jerks
    who knock over headstones in cemeteries and think it's
    so funny.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I have a small yellow wooden bird carved from a piece of wood from one of the camps in Poland. It was from a project by a survivors group to fund a museum on the sight. It was a gift to me from a friend of mine who is a Rabbi. Trust me that little bird gives me the creeps enough. Having the imfamous sign that says "Work Makes you Free" would really be too much.
    I am betting you it will be kids when they find out.
    Adult Germans I work with are so sensative on the subject I imagine they are very upset by the incident.
    Regards,
    Mary

GrinReaper Guest
    OK these concentration/death camps were not happy places.
    So why the heck are they still in existance? Why keep these grim places around?
    Tear down the gloom and doom structures. History won't forget.
    And why all the upset on here about a grim reminder being stolen?
    Couldn't someone bitter and angry over the place, like a holocaust survivor or a relative of one have stolen the sign?

i can't see why anyone would steal a unique object.

what are you gonna do with it? you can neither fence it nor display it.

without even considering the historical significance.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Sam Guest
    Here is the one at Dachau.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Here is the one at Dachau.

I think they had the same slogan over the entry gates at a lot of the camps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BBC is reporting that they caught five guys and the sign has been cut into three pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Northern Lights Guest
    BBC is reporting that they caught five guys and the sign has been cut into three pieces.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8423827.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post

Well done mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sam Guest
    Good!
    They should be able to weld it back together and place it back where it belongs. It's an important piece of history.

Northern Lights Guest
    Well done mate.
    Thanks.

I'm glad that it was found. I just don't understand why they had to cut it into three pieces.

Thanks.

I'm glad that it was found. I just don't understand why they had to cut it into three pieces.
    Because it weighed 40 - 50 kilo's, so cutting it makes it more manageable and easier to hide.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-20-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Northern Lights Guest
    Because it weighed 40 - 50 kilo's, so cutting it makes it more manageable and easier to hide.
    Of course. I didn't think at all that they had to hide it.

I think they had the same slogan over the entry gates at a lot of the camps.

but there was no standard pattern,each was made at the camp,i imagine.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Of course. I didn't think at all that they had to hide it.
    Well the guys come from the north of the country and the sign was 5m (16ft) long. Not so easy to transport. If they chop it into @5ft lengths then it easier to transport stealthily in a regular vehicle with out getting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    but there was no standard pattern,each was made at the camp,i imagine.
    No standard pattern that I know of which is unusual for the Germans as they like to standardise their designs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    That's the one. I remember the paperclips, but dang if I remember what is symbolized.

Hmmmm, let me look around their site and see if I can tell. I'll link it again, too, I think it's worth revisiting.
    The paperclips as I recall had to do with a school project kids trying to grasp what happened collect paperclips to represent the victims.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    So why the heck are they still in existance? Why keep these grim places around?
    I feel the same way about Alcatraz. Tear down the horrid old putrid place and move on. I hate looking out my window at that monstrosity--basically a shrine to misery and suffering.

Sam Guest
    Originally Posted by GrinReaper
    So why the heck are they still in existence? Why keep these grim places around?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I feel the same way about Alcatraz. Tear down the horrid old putrid place and move on. I hate looking out my window at that monstrosity--basically a shrine to misery and suffering.
    I agree with you about Alcatraz, but we're still making memorials to misery,
    Ground Zero, Oklahoma City, etc.
    Personally I don't like memorials to terroristic acts. I think it only encourages more crazies!

ginasaurusrex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    They need to preserve it as much as possible so people can have a reminder of the evil one group of people can cause to another......... and as some one above posted ... if not we are doomed to repeat it.

In Los Angeles they have the Museum of Tolorance(sp), back in 1997 they had display of the HOLOCAUST. They gave you a pass-a-port, and you went through everything from the being to the end. They had a replica of a gas chamber, and pictures of all the people being killed, you walked throught the camp doors, saw your new living areas and half the group was sent to the gas chamber where the tour guide would talk to you about the deaths as the room filled with "poison"... a lot of people started crying and could not take it..... at the end of the tour you take your pass-a-port and scan it to see you if your person lived or died..... mine was a little boy that died at Auschwitz.

Am not sure if the museum still does this.......

I've been to the Museum of Tolerance maybe a half a dozen times, I never leave not crying, and yes, they still have the passports. While I do think horrific events such as the Holocaust obviously deserve museums dedicated solely to educating people on that specific atrocity, the Museum of Tolerance is interesting because it deals with all levels of intolerance, e.g. the Holocaust, Civil Rights Movement... just my 2 cents.

Auschwitz asks Britain for help to preserve decaying death camp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6985570.ece
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

orionova Guest
    It needs to be preserved. Soon, there will be no survivors, no one to say "This happened. It happed here, and it happened in other places. It happened, and it must never happen again." The remaining camps will have to say that for them.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    It needs to be preserved. Soon, there will be no survivors, no one to say "This happened. It happed here, and it happened in other places. It happened, and it must never happen again." The remaining camps will have to say that for them.

So true! Out of sight, out of mind.

thinkering Guest
    I read something interesting today in the morning paper, regarding why the sign's return might feel important to survivors as well:

It was made by one of Auschwitz' prisoners, that was a blacksmith. He turned the "B" upside down, which other prisoners saw as a symbol for resistance.

One Of The Reasons Why EISENHOWER Was Popular

General Eisenhower Warned Us.

It is a matter of historythat when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect:

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet.. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the, six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while many in the world looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Centre

'NEVER HAPPENED',

Because it offends some Muslim???
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I like this from Eisenhower:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Eight Millionaires and a Plumber.

Wonder if thats where the media got their idea for Joe the Plumber.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

He was my first President I remember.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Littleroben Guest
    Kelt - can I check where you are getting your info from about there being a discussion about it being removed from curriculums in the UK? I hadn't heard about it, but thought I might have missed it with the election stuff going on.

But I did a search and found a story from a few years ago that referred to an e-mail that used similar phrases but was not correct. Have included a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6563429.stm

Is there any more info you can give? Thanks
    Last edited by Littleroben; 04-16-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Missed a bit out first time - oops

Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    Kelt - can I check where you are getting your info from about this being removed from curriculums in the UK? I hadn't heard about it, but thought I might have missed it with the election stuff going on.

But I did a search and found a story from a few years ago that referred to an e-mail that used similar phrases but was not correct. Have included a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6563429.stm

Is there any more info you can give? Thanks
    Looks like some kind of email glurge:
    This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the, six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while many in the world looked the other way!

These messages usually tug at emotions while ignoring facts and reality.
    Maybe its on Snopes.

Well waddayouknow!?!
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp
    This is some old shit too!

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Well waddayouknow!?!
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp
    This is some old shit too!
    Thanks for the digging - I should have had a look there

Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    Thanks for the digging - I should have had a look there
    I should have read your whole post first and opened the link as it explained everything.

Yep; I got it in an e mail.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yep; I got it in an e mail.
    No biggie.

Always be suspicious of what you get in emails. Usually some asshole in these things is pushing an agenda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always be suspicious of what you get in emails. Usually some asshole in these things is pushing an agenda.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IhyKlOylto
    There is nothing to see here people keep moving on
    Slowly their necks turn and then they're gone
    No one cares when the show is done

Standing in line and its cold and you want to go
    Remember a joke so you turn around
    There is no one to listen so you laugh by yourself

[Chorus:]
    I heard it's cold out, but her popsicle melts
    She's in the bathroom, she pleasures herself
    Says I'm a bad man, she's locking me out
    It's cause of these things, it's cause of these things

Let make a fast plan, watch it burn to the ground
    I try to whisper, so no one figures it out
    I'm not a bad man, I'm just overwhelmed
    It's cause of these things, it's cause of these things

The crowd on the street walks slowly, don't mind the rain
    Lovers hold hands to numb the pain,
    Gripping tightly to something that they will never own

And those by themselves by choice or by some reward
    No mistakes only now you're bored
    This is the time of your life but you just can't tell

[Chorus 2.5X]

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He was my first President I remember.
    Gosh, mine too. Remember the what they said in the day when someone put on airs "He thinks he's Big Ike."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Gosh, mine too. Remember the what they said in the day when someone put on airs "He thinks he's Big Ike."

Yes I do. Feel old now. His Vice-Prez was a dick.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Yes I do. Feel old now. His Vice-Prez was a dick.
    Haha. You got that right. He was a dick and a cheat and some believe a murderer--involved in JFK killing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD