Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Farrah Fawcett

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I've been following the story for my internet deficient mother and posting here as a courtesy. Farrah does NOT look well. Although Cher claims Farrah "appears cancer free" my guess based on what I've read and seen is that it is either wishful thinking or a downright lie. Farrah's diagnosis and history with the anal cancer look very bleak.
    I wouldn't call it a downright lie but it wouldn't surprise me if Cher/Farrah isn't giving the whole story though. Maybe Farrah and her family and close friends consider this a private issue and wish not to discuss everything with the press and the public.

My next door neighbor died from Lung Cancer last year. Even though we all knew she was very sick, the woman kept doing the things like she always had. We would ask her if she was ok and her response was always "..find and dandy. She actually worked an 8 hour shift only 3 days before her death. Some people just don't want other people to feel sorrry for them.

In a weird sense its kinda like winning the lottery. Some people feel they must go before the TV cameras and blab to the world what they plan on doing with all that money..have the press take pics of themselves and their small kids, allow them into their homes, etc..

While others treat it as a private family matter and to everyone else, well its mind your own business.

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I wouldn't call it a downright lie but it wouldn't surprise me if Cher/Farrah isn't giving the whole story though.

Privacy is "no comment" or staying mute. If the actual interview tapes (http://www.accesshollywood.com/artic...ss%7Cah_Latest) show Cher saying about Farrah as quoted: â??She is now cancer free". I find it dishonest and an insult to cancer patients and survivors everywhere. Cher clearly stated that Farrah is "cancer free" after treatments in Europe. If that is not strictly true and is mere wishful thinking, it is a horrible thing to do to people who might sell everything they own and waste their precious last days with false hope going to the European miracle clinic Cher recommends.

panda Guest
    Privacy is "no comment" or staying mute. If the actual interview tapes (http://www.accesshollywood.com/artic...ss%7Cah_Latest) show Cher saying about Farrah as quoted: â??She is now cancer free". I find it dishonest and an insult to cancer patients and survivors everywhere. Cher clearly stated that Farrah is "cancer free" after treatments in Europe. If that is not strictly true and is mere wishful thinking, it is a horrible thing to do to people who might sell everything they own and waste their precious last days with false hope going to the European miracle clinic Cher recommends.
    You're right BELLE. It could be misleading to people who are seeking treatment. I never even though about that, people selling it all to pay for treatment in Germany, now that would be fucked up.

Belle Guest
    Cher says Farrah Fawcett is ‘cancer free’

Cher says her showbiz pal Farrah Fawcett is ‘cancer free.’

The diva dished the good news about her friend’s condition during an interview on U.S. telly last night.

Charlie’s Angels star Farrah underwent experimental treatment at a German clinic.

Fawcett was first diagnosed with anal cancer in September 2006. She was originally declared cancer-free in February 2007, but doctors found new cancer cells just three months later.

Now the star is once again in complete remission, according to Cher. The 61-year-old singer said: “She’s tough. I don’t think I could’ve gone through what she did.

“She is now cancer free so this will be a real interesting thing.”

Cher told U.S. show Access Hollywood that it was her that encouraged Farrah to visit the German cinic for treatment. “It is a completely different kind of treatment,” Cher said.

“She had the cancer and then it went to her liver and so what they do there is, instead of giving you chemo all over, they do a thing called embolization where they take whatever chemo that they were going to give you and they put it directly into the tumors into your liver.”

Cher said she used the clinic herself to rid herself of the debilitating Epstein-Barr virus that left her bedridden for two years.
    http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/02/09...s-cancer-free/

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    You're right BELLE. It could be misleading to people who are seeking treatment. I never even though about that, people selling it all to pay for treatment in Germany, now that would be fucked up.
    Public figures have a right to privacy. That is NOT the same as being deceptive. OTOH, I don't even know if Farrah knows who Cher is. Cher could be totally misinformed and not honoring Farrah's wishes/privacy.

panda Guest
    Wonder if TUTTER has heard anything different in the German news?

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Farrah looks pretty good to me. I hope she does well, but let's be real, her days are numbered. Cher, on the other hand, looks ridiculous with that blonde wig assembled on her big head. Frightening!

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    Farrah looks pretty good to me. I hope she does well, but let's be real, her days are numbered. Cher, on the other hand, looks ridiculous with that blonde wig assembled on her big head. Frightening!
    While I think Cher is cool and all, I think she maybe telling us all what we want to hear than the truth. It's going to make her look pretty bad if Farrah ends up dying of cancer pretty soon.

Anyone think Cher is trying to get some publicity since her Vegas run is starting up in May?

I find it interesting how Cher mentions how she's good friends with Farrah and Ryan - but no mention of Tatum O'Neal - who palled around with her when Tatum was a kid.

An interesting book to a read, "A Paper Life" by Tatum O'Neal. Lots of great stuff in there about her times with Cher, and being brought up by her idiotic father, Ryan. Also some interesting stuff about Farrah in there too - not to get off topic here!

Noelle Page Guest
    Oh yeah, good book. Not enough in it about Farrah, imo.

Poor Tatum didn't have a chance. Ryan seems like such a nice guy, but parenting is evidently not his thing.

Belle Guest
    Throw the private thing out the window. She did a movie.
    Farrah Fawcett shares her cancer ordeal
    Jan 31, 2008 @ 04:50 PM
    By LORENA BLAS
    Since news broke in May that Farrah Fawcett’s cancer had returned, she has kept a low profile. But that’s about to change as Fawcett pal Alana Stewart shares video of the original “Charlie’s Angels” actress, who turns 61 Saturday, as she seeks alternative treatment in Europe.

Fawcett, who was first diagnosed with anal cancer in September 2006, gave Stewart the OK to talk with TV’s “Entertainment Tonight ”and “The Insider” about what she has been through since the cancer returned.

The fellow Texan, who has been friends with Fawcett for years, opens up “ ”in a multipart series starting tonight and ending Wednesday (check local listings). The interview accompanies raw video of Fawcett.

“Farrah took her camera to a doctor’s meeting, because she wanted to be able to remember everything,” Stewart tells “ET”. “When we were in Germany meeting with the doctor, Farrah handed me the camera. We documented everything: the good, the bad and the ugly.”

Why Germany? “Because they are doing a lot of treatments that are very cutting-edge,” Stewart says. “They inject the tumor directly with chemo; it’s called embolization. Your immune system is not compromised as it is when you do the standard.”

Stewart says she is inspired by her friend’s courage, although Fawcett tells her, “The only certainty about cancer is the uncertainty.”
    Last edited by Belle; 02-15-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Belle Guest
    I don't read gossip. Is NY Post Page Six any good?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01312008...rah_770775.htm
    PRAY FOR FARRAH

January 31, 2008 -- IT'S not looking good for Farrah Fawcett. During a party to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Nikki Haskell's StarCaps, Ryan O'Neal told friends his former love had just gone to Germany to treat a huge tumor in her liver. Other friends say Fawcett, originally diagnosed with anal cancer last year, has made a deal with one of the tabloid TV shows to discuss her battle against the disease and videotape her chemotherapy. "She got $500,000 for it," a spy sniffed. A rep didn't pick up his phone.

Noelle Page Guest
    I just remembered something. sorry if mentioned already. But--wasnt ryan at death's door supposedly a few years ago? Then suddenly he was fine.

panda Guest
    He had lukemia & Farrah was by his side throughout.

i urge everyone to be tested regularly for colon and cervical cancer. both are very treatable if caught early.

i always err on the side of hypocondria,and would have been dead nov. 1996 according to the doctor.

Elizabeth Guest

Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    They have given her 3 months to live. I just wish her son would get away from drugs before she dies but I know he won't.
    Maybe partly why Redmond is on drugs right now is to deal with his mother's illness.....his dad doesn't sound like a wonderful influence (just ask Tatum or Griffin!!!!)

God bless Farrah.....she has been an icon for so many....

lisalouver Guest
    I sure wish there was more accurate info out on Farrah.

She has actually looked really bad for many years, remember when she was on Letterman?

She always looked "off" on her Chasing Farrah too.

I hope she recovers though, I always liked her.

Reecy Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Maybe partly why Redmond is on drugs right now is to deal with his mother's illness.....his dad doesn't sound like a wonderful influence (just ask Tatum or Griffin!!!!)

God bless Farrah.....she has been an icon for so many....
    He's been on heavy duty drugs since he was 13 or something like that. He's been in like 15 rehabs and he still doesn't get it together. Ryan never cared. He use to do drugs in front of his kids that's why they're all messed up.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She has actually looked really bad for many years, remember when she was on Letterman?

She always looked "off" on her Chasing Farrah too.
    Boy do I agree with that. I had a hard time watching that show. SHE was hard to watch...and understand...and deal with...

RaRaRamona Guest
    He's been on heavy duty drugs since he was 13 or something like that. He's been in like 15 rehabs and he still doesn't get it together. Ryan never cared. He use to do drugs in front of his kids that's why they're all messed up.
    I was heart broken to hear his daughter talk about her dad thinking it was so funny to have the toddler getting drunk. How horrible.

panda Guest
    You know Redmond is one of those kids like the Willis' who got the worst features of both parents. I couldn't watch the Chasing Farrah thing either, I thought it was sad to see Farrah like that & doing something like that. She used to be so beautiful & worked hard to prove she was also a great actress & that show just tore all that apart. It is hard to age gracefully & much harder on the celebrities.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Boy do I agree with that. I had a hard time watching that show. SHE was hard to watch...and understand...and deal with...
    It was hard to watch. I could not stop myself, but it was so hard.

Reecy Guest
    I couldn't watch the show at all (Chasing Farrah) because she looked so bad. She once was a beautiful woman. She had a sister who died of cancer I think in 2001. I hope the best for her. She deserves respect.

I've thought the same thing. They have colon cancer. It sounds the same to me but that just have to use the word Anal to get it all wound up. I bet if she were a man they would've used the word colon!
    Colon: Large intestine into which the small intestine empties (a storing organ, if you will), the terminus of the digestive process.

Rectum: The part of the large intestine nearest the anus, a tube, really, between the colon and the anus.

Anus: Mouth of the rectum, where waste is pushed out

FF has cancer of the anus
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Colon: Large intestine into which the small intestine empties (a storing organ, if you will), the terminus of the digestive process.

Rectum: The part of the large intestine nearest the anus, a tube, really, between the colon and the anus.

Anus: Mouth of the rectum, where waste is pushed out

FF has cancer of the anus
    I think we've already mentioned this before maybe in another thread or maybe even this one. I didn't know all these different areas of cancer but I definitely know it now. Plus we've educated quite a few people on here.

Wonder if TUTTER has heard anything different in the German news?
    Sorry, I am late but it was only now that I saw your question!
    I searched every newspaper I could get a hold on, but no news on Farrah Fawcett here in Germany other than already posted.

cherryghost Guest
    How long has it been since Cher was in touch with reality Lol, I mean really!

I spose its back in the early nineties she last caught sight of it!

Farrah quite possibly doesnt have a very stable support network or family!

Remember when she lost it with that Director/lover and there was domestic violence and a courtcase about 8/10 or so yrs ago.

Even though she had such a wholesome image she looks like someone who has really abused herself over the yrs, did she drink and do drugs A LOT?

God bless her poor thing!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 02-18-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tutter1234 View Post
    I searched every newspaper I could get a hold on, but no news on Farrah Fawcett here in Germany other than already posted.
    Do you have a miracle clinic in Germany? If so, you will be getting FAD house guests.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tutter1234 View Post
    Thanks for looking TUTTER. Obviously Farrah has a lot more privacy in your country!

panda Guest
    Even though she had such a wholesome image she looks like someone who has really abused herself over the yrs, did she drink and do drugs A LOT?
    I agree. I never really ever heard of her doing anything, but look at Ryan & Redmond.

Do you have a miracle clinic in Germany? If so, you will be getting FAD house guests.
    Though I'd wish we had one, no "miracle clinic" in Germany.
    Like herekittykitty said, they are doing some new treatments but there is no guarantee it will work.
    BTW: "Klinik im Park" in Bad Wiessee is a clinic for rehabiliation doing alternative treatments, the chemotherapie was done at the "Uni-Klinik" in Frankfurt.

Thanks for looking TUTTER. Obviously Farrah has a lot more privacy in your country!
    You are welcome!

panda Guest

Belle Guest
    My mother claims the current issue of the National Enquirer page 17 (which is always right) says "Farrah given weeks to live.....prepares to die as cancer spreads....."
    Rush to your local supermarket line

Farrah gets a ticket photos & story x17online http://x17online.com/celebrities/far...h-02212008.php
    Last edited by Belle; 02-21-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Reecy Guest
    Her cancer has spread to liver, kidney, pacreas. Plus she had pneumonia. It doesn't look good. I'm praying for you Farrah.

Belle Guest
    Her cancer has spread to liver, kidney, pacreas. Plus she had pneumonia. It doesn't look good. I'm praying for you Farrah.
    Where did you hear/read/see that?

I found this link to the videos of her stoned Letterman appearance while looking for updates today

Letterman Farrah

Reecy Guest
    I read it in the Enquirer. I believe it too because they were the 1st one who said she had like 6 weeks to live.

Farrah Fawcett's Cancer Battle Continues

Farrah Fawcett's Cancer Battle Continues

The fight of Farrah Fawcett's life is heading into round two.

Three months after being given the all clear, the former Charlie's Angels star has confirmed that doctors found a small malignant polyp in the same area where she was treated for anal cancer earlier this year.
    The cancer has not spread, Chasing Farrah executive producer Craig Nevius told E! News, and "physically, she is doing great," adding that Fawcett has been playing sports and painting.

Fawcett has also been spotted out and about with longtime companion Ryan O'Neal, who appears to have been right by her side throughout, and their 22-year-old son, Redmond.

She is still weighing her treatment options, which include having a small metal "seed" planted that will emit radiation, but Fawcett's previous experience battling the disease has only served to make her stronger, Nevius says.

"Throughout the journey of my life, I have maintained a strong faith in the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity," Fawcett said last October when faced with her first diagnosis. "I deeply believe in one’s own positive will to overcome even the most daunting challenges."

But while the National Enquirer, which first reported the story,was right about Fawcett's cancer returning, the actress still has a bone to pick with the tabloid's initial take on her illness.

Nevius confirmed to E! News that a lawsuit against the Enquirer regarding its Dec. 18, 2006, headline "Farrah Begs: Let Me Die!" has been in the works since February.

"While Farrah is prepared to continue the fight she began last fall, she is not prepared to allow the tabloids to continue to invade her privacy or use one confirmed truth as the foundation on which to build numerous fabricated articles which are always attributed to 'unnamed sources'—either because they are not credible or because they don't exist," Nevius said in a statement.

Calling such a story "false and purposefully malicious," he said that such negativity could be harmful not only to Fawcett and her family but to thousands of individuals who are battling cancer, as well.

"While Farrah still believes 'Positivity Is a Necessity,' it is now clear that the tabloids are as invasive and malignant as cancer and must be dealt with in the same aggressive manner...Farrah knows that her fans (or any human being with a heart, soul or conscience) will understand and support her position."

She is planning to sue for libel, invasion of privacy and infliction of emotional distress, said Nevius.

After completing courses of chemotherapy and radiation, Fawcett was declared cancer free in February, right in time for her 60th birthday.

"In the face of excruciating pain and uncertainty, I never lost hope and it never occurred to me to stop fighting—not ever," the actress said.

And, according to those close to her, there's plenty more where that came from.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 03-13-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

lisalouver Guest
    I am starting more and more to believe things that the Enquirer prints.

My Dad always said at the core of every rumor is the truth.

Put Farah on the Death Watch with Patrick Swayze.

Belle Guest
    TMZ report
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/02/ucla-s...on-farrah-too/
    Farrah Fawcett got snooped on by a UCLA Medical Center employee last year, just like Britney Spears did after her stay there -- and Farrah's lawyers think the National Enquirer and other tabs may have gotten the dirt on her cancer as a result.

According to the L.A. Times, the Enquirer ran a story about Fawcett's cancer returning last year, which appeared before Fawcett had even told her son and closest friends. The hospital fired the employee who had checked out Fawcett's records, says a Times source.

Farrah's lawyer didn't say whether she would sue UCLA, but called the situation "ugly." UCLA says it's checked out any improper reviewing of Fawcett's file, but didn't find any breach.

Cathy J. Guest
    TMZ report
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/02/ucla-s...on-farrah-too/
    Farrah Fawcett got snooped on by a UCLA Medical Center employee last year, just like Britney Spears did after her stay there -- and Farrah's lawyers think the National Enquirer and other tabs may have gotten the dirt on her cancer as a result.

According to the L.A. Times, the Enquirer ran a story about Fawcett's cancer returning last year, which appeared before Fawcett had even told her son and closest friends. The hospital fired the employee who had checked out Fawcett's records, says a Times source.

Farrah's lawyer didn't say whether she would sue UCLA, but called the situation "ugly." UCLA says it's checked out any improper reviewing of Fawcett's file, but didn't find any breach.
    I don't understand some people. Whats the purpose of someone checking someone's medical records and then spill the beans?

I know money talks BUT money doesn't last forever. And the odds of that former employee finding a job ANYWHERE is next to zero. Who would hire someone who has problem with being trusted?

John Connor Guest

Farrah Fawcett

The Ryan and Redmond fiasco got me thinking about Farrah and her bum cancer. I heard she was going to Germany and having the same injections as Suzanne Somers did when she had breast cancer. Mistletoe I believe. I think she is seriously the love of my life. The only celebrity I would like to meet although she has always struck me as a total spaz. Maybe that's why I like her. She's an Aquarius. One of the flakier signs (very rigid though). Anyone know how she's doing? Here's some good stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc8cO...eature=related

Chasing Farrah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_LC7...eature=related

The David Letterman Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmoj...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU92n...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuZY...eature=related

All of Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mRaR_G0wzE&NR=1

My Fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3qvU_E-V3ZI

Martini M. Guest
    I had a Farrah doll back in the day. Wish I still had it.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini M. View Post
    I had a Farrah doll back in the day. Wish I still had it.

Would probably be worth a few bones. I had Steve Austin.

Martini M. Guest
    I actually had all the Charlies Angels dolls, and the van. Man, should have known when I was six that those would be worth something now.

bunny Guest
    ya me too, and I had the house...and Donny and Marie..damn I should have kept all that stuff

Im watching her bio right now. I wonder how shes doing?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MorbidMolly Guest
    The last I saw she was overseas somewhere getting experimental treatment....it looked so painful....and she looked so damn tired of it all....usually going elsewhere is a clear indication that all is not well....last ditch effort so to speak.....

John Connor Guest
    I had started another thread about Farrah awhile ago. The injections she's having are mistletoe I believe. Suzanne Somers had the same therapy for breast cancer. I don't know how that has turned out. The anal cancer is often a result of having anal warts from STD's but also probably has alot to do with years of eating disorders and using laxatives. I can understand the stigma of it. She doesn't look well but she has kept herself so thin she has looked pretty haggard for years.

King Tut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    The last I saw she was overseas somewhere getting experimental treatment....it looked so painful....and she looked so damn tired of it all....usually going elsewhere is a clear indication that all is not well....last ditch effort so to speak.....

Yep. Towards the end Andy Kaufman and Steve McQueen both went to some exotic locale for unorthodox treatment. I think McQueen went to Mexico.

Not to be morbid (sorry Molly for that choice of words) but that travel stuff plus all the unproven holistic treatments you can get here (coffee enemas, etc. like Landon) has "last ditch" written all over it. I love Farrah.

John Connor Guest

MorbidMolly Guest