Thread: Entertainment's Richest Women

Nicki Guest

Entertainment's Richest Women

beatlebaby4 Guest
    A few surprises on there. Cameron Diaz hasn't made a decent movie in years and I would have thought Britney was just about out of money the way she has been living the past few years.
    Hey maybe Janet Jackson could lend Michael some money. I hear he is need

I would have thought Angelina Jolie would have been on there.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Renee Zellweger, really?? Hmm.

Nerak Guest
    Gisele Bundchen who the hell is this??

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Gisele Bundchen who the hell is this??
    The model the Leonardo Di Caprio was banging for years. She just recently got married to someone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_B%C3%BCndchen

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    I love that Jen Aniston is on this list but AngieJo isn't.....

Nerak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    The model the Leonardo Di Caprio was banging for years. She just recently got married to someone else.

well holy cripes! and I have never even heard of her! Thx MM

Giada Guest
    Cameron Diaz was paid 50M ... for Shrek?

Ms Voight ... Brad's sycophant ... the only way she survives beyond Print Ads is sale of baby pics to People mag. (Her salary was cut 10M on her last film ...awww

Mariah Carey? That shocks me.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post

Yup, she married Tom Brady the football player. There are rumors now that she is preggers too.

Why did she and Leo split?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Why did she and Leo split?
    Don't know. I think it was him that did the breaking up though. I think she wanted to get married and he didn't but I'm not sure.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    A few surprises on there. Cameron Diaz hasn't made a decent movie in years and I would have thought Britney was just about out of money the way she has been living the past few years.
    Nah. Fried dough and Astroglide are cheap.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence71 View Post
    Nah. Fried dough and Astroglide are cheap.
    *snort*

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Hey maybe Janet Jackson could lend Michael some money. I hear he is need

I would have thought Angelina Jolie would have been on there.

I think Cameron was on the list of "smelliest celebrities" I posted a long time ago - lol

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I think Cameron was on the list of "smelliest celebrities" I posted a long time ago - lol
    LOL - I agree with that one!

MmmRavioli Guest
    I'm actually surprised Christina made the list. She has exactly the kind of career I'd want to have in that position. She doesn't have the crazy Britney/Madonna/Michael Jackson-esque kind of fame, but her talent just speaks for itself. And it's obviously making her money.

I'm surprised Cher isn't on there, I read she was loaded. I'm sure she IS, I mean.... I thought she was FORBES LIST loaded.

Christina, I knew she was loaded, but I didn't think she was Forbes List loaded.

*nods, as if I'm making perfect sense*

Nicki Guest
    Shucks.....wish I could say I was number 21! Damm

John Connor Guest

Forbes: Top Five Female Earners

LOS ANGELES â?? When it comes to women in Hollywood, younger is usually better. Good film roles for women over 30 are few and far between. TV producers have no problem casting 20-somethings as seasoned cops and lawyers. And 16 seems to be the preferred age for pop stars.

But for the women who find a way to stick it out, the financial rewards can be substantial. Just check out our first-ever list of Hollywood's top-earning women. More than half are over 40 and four are over 50. Collectively, the women on our list earned US$920 million between June 2008 and June 2009.

At the top of our list is 55-year-old Oprah Winfrey. The TV talk show mogul earned US$275 million thanks to her own program and her cut of shows by her protégées Dr. Phil and Rachael Ray. Winfrey also has a three-year US$55 million deal with Sirius (nyse: SIRI), and later this year she'll launch her own cable channel, Oprah Winfrey Network, in a partnership with Discovery Communications (nyse: DISCA).

Winfrey was knocked off of her perch at the top of our annual Celebrity 100 this year (which measures wealth and fame) by actress Angelina Jolie. But looking at the two powerhouses from a pure earnings point of view, Winfrey trounces her much younger rival. Between June 2008 and June 2009, Jolie earned US$27 million, ranking her 10th on our list.

To compile the list of Hollywood's 15 best-paid women, we looked at the top-earning actresses, writers, musicians and talking heads in the industry. We then talked to managers, agents and other Hollywood insiders to come up with estimates of their earnings between June 2008 and June 2009. For the sake of this list, we did not include musicians who perform in a group. So although the country band Sugarland earned US$14 million, lead singer Jennifer Nettles could not be considered for the list.

Coming in second behind Oprah is another elder stateswoman of entertainment, Madonna, with US$110 million. At 50, she's still showing younger artists how it's done in concert arenas around the world. The singer's 2008 Hard Candy tour was the top earner of the year, bringing in US$280 million from 58 shows in 17 countries. While younger stars suffer public nervous breakdowns over personal scandals, Madonna thrived this year despite her very public divorce from Guy Ritchie and a tabloid-reported romance with baseball player Alex Rodriguez.
    Celine Dion, 41, earned almost as much as Madonna during our time frame. Thanks to her Taking Chances tour (the second-highest grossing tour of 2008 after Madonna) Dion earned US$100 million between June 2008 and June 2009.

Ranking fourth on our list is Beyoncé Knowles, one of the youngest top earners at 27. She released her double album I Am � Sasha Fierce in November 2008 and starred in two movies during our time frame, Cadillac Records and Obsessed. All of that helped the singer earn US$87 million between June 2008 and June 2009.

Rounding out our top five is writer Stephenie Meyer, 35. Her Twilight series of young-adult vampire books have taken the publishing and film worlds by storm. Meyers sold 29 million books last year, helping her earn US$50 million.

Guest Guest
    Can't stand the first four! Also Sugarland? Who? Country music seems massive in the states, not that popular in the U.K.

I love Sugarland!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

knothere Guest
    celin dions new back yard

I would have thought that JK Rowling would be #1, she's a money making machine. I guess Oprah is the same, though, but with a bit more horsepower.