Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

WriterDude Guest
    NancyDrew, welcome to our circus! 10,000th? How extremely cool. You might consider framing your copy of George Michael's arrest report or something. Look forward to seeing your pix -- flickr, Photobucket, any hosting site should work fine. Right-click on the image you want to post here, select "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image URL", then come back to your post, click the "insert image" icon and paste it in. Here's one of my wife you may have seen before, using that method:

That's the Ramsey house in Boulder. It's up for sale again, for at least the third time since little JonBenet was murdered.

Anyway, NancyDrew, you'll have a great time here. Just don't take anything -- or anyone -- too seriously.

(Speaking of which, Chevy, you really ought to warn the new folks about your condition -- you know, the Permanent Sarcastic Syndrome -- before you start in on them. )

Welcome, Nancy! Have a look around and really, don't be scared..we don't bite!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

ShellBell Guest
    Hello!

I took the tour last October, so would be happy to help identify pictures. I didn't have the best vantage point, so I didn't post, but I will try to post some of the good ones. I did post one of me and Scott in the "Post Your Photos..." thread.
    Oh, and it's my avatar. *duh*

Shelley

pvezz Guest
    Congrats, Nancy! I'm so envious! I would love to go on the Tour!

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    NancyDrew, welcome to our circus! 10,000th? How extremely cool. You might consider framing your copy of George Michael's arrest report or something. Look forward to seeing your pix -- flickr, Photobucket, any hosting site should work fine. Right-click on the image you want to post here, select "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image URL", then come back to your post, click the "insert image" icon and paste it in. Here's one of my wife you may have seen before, using that method:

That's the Ramsey house in Boulder. It's up for sale again, for at least the third time since little JonBenet was murdered.

Anyway, NancyDrew, you'll have a great time here. Just don't take anything -- or anyone -- too seriously.

(Speaking of which, Chevy, you really ought to warn the new folks about your condition -- you know, the Permanent Sarcastic Syndrome -- before you start in on them. )
    Ahh, yes, I've been by the Ramsey house as well. Got the one-finger salute from a woman standing in the doorway. I don't think she liked me snapping photos. Oh, and don't worry...I "suffer" from P.S.S. too. :-)

NancyDrew Guest
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I am definitely going to make a photo album here and will take help from anyone who can help me identify the houses. I posted all my pics on my facebook account and identified the ones I could, but there are some blanks. I knew I would forget some! I was so darn excited AND I got to sit in the front with Scott! WOOT!

NancyDrew Guest
    Oh and the photo I took with Scott with my flowers in front of George Michael's bathroom is hideous of me so I am trying to familiarize myself with photoshop so I can get a better photo there. ;-)

TallulahDahling Guest
    WELCOME DAHLING! Just another envious FAD hag welcoming you to our little world!
    Hag Hugs,
    Tallu XOXO

Sam Guest
    Welcome and congratulations!

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Welcome and congratulations!
    Ahh, thanks, Sam!!

NancyDrew Guest

My photos are up!

Feel free to browse and comment! Much appreciated! So far, I am loving it here...I right at home!

pvezz Guest
    Thank you for sharing your photos with us! I absolutely loved them!

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Thank you for sharing your photos with us! I absolutely loved them!

You're very welcome! They'll be even better when I get them all ID'd!

Quote Originally Posted by NancyDrew View Post
    You're very welcome! They'll be even better when I get them all ID'd!
    Hi,

I'm going through your albums and adding some info on the pics that I remember and the ones I can find matches for both on the forum and on the main FAD site, to help you i.d. them. I betcha more FAD forum members can i.d. more of them and can add some info to them for you too through pic comments.

1karenhb Guest
    Welcome Nancy Drew! Have taken Scott's tours several times, but I am so jealous you were the 10,000 and got flowers from Scott.

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Welcome Nancy Drew! Have taken Scott's tours several times, but I am so jealous you were the 10,000 and got flowers from Scott.
    Awww, don't be jealous! OK, yes, be jealous! ;-)
    My name is Karen too but the hat Nancy Drew fits me to a "T".

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Hi,

I'm going through your albums and adding some info on the pics that I remember and the ones I can find matches for both on the forum and on the main FAD site, to help you i.d. them. I betcha more FAD forum members can i.d. more of them and can add some info to them for you too through pic comments.
    You are a super rock star! Big hug a kiss coming your way!

ChargerBill Guest
    Awww, don't be jealous! OK, yes, be jealous! ;-)
    My name is Karen too but the hat Nancy Drew fits me to a "T".
    Which do you most associate yourself with?

Bonita Granville?

Pamela Sue Martin?

or

Emma Roberts?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Congrats Nancy Drew! I'm so green with envy I could spit
    Post your pics, there are many on here who will be able to identify the places in your pics.

She's got them in her profile albums. About halfway down the page on the right. : http://www.findadeath.com/forum/member.php?u=5874

You are a super rock star! Big hug a kiss coming your way!
    You're welcome

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Congrats Nancy Drew! I'm so green with envy I could spit
    Post your pics, there are many on here who will be able to identify the places in your pics.

They're all posted! Dive right in!

NancyDrew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    Which do you most associate yourself with?

Bonita Granville?

Pamela Sue Martin?

or

Emma Roberts?
    Definitely Pamela Sue Martin! You are so funny!

SusanCarole Guest

labeling pictures

you can post your pictures and send them to scott. He will tell you who or what they are. He did it for me. I described some of my pictures and he told me what they were of. I want to take the tour again and write down the house names and places. (that is just a bit of my OCD coming out in me) lol

NancyDrew Guest
    No worries, girl, I'm a bit OCD too, but it's CDO 'cuz then they're in the right order. LOL Scott and SomeChick ID'd all my pics for me, yay!

pattykad Guest
    [quote=WriterDude;787917]NancyDrew, welcome to our circus! 10,000th? How extremely cool. You might consider framing your copy of George Michael's arrest report or something. Look forward to seeing your pix -- flickr, Photobucket, any hosting site should work fine. Right-click on the image you want to post here, select "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image URL", then come back to your post, click the "insert image" icon and paste it in. Here's one of my wife you may have seen before, using that method:

I looked all over for that house when I was there. I had some real
    problems with the map ...the steet ended and I never did find it.

NancyDrew Guest
    [quote=pattykad;872057]
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post

I looked all over for that house when I was there. I had some real
    problems with the map ...the steet ended and I never did find it.
    That's because they changed the address years ago!! Too many lookiloos.

mrfinnj Guest

thanks scott from john & CaÃ*tlÃ*ona in ireland!

hi scott, just wanted to say thanks for the wonderful tour you gave cait and i in june, it truely was the highlight of the trip to la for me! and thanks so much for dropping us down to the hollywood forever cemetary, we found the grave of ed woods wive kathy and since the trip ive developed a great fascination with the black dahlia case, any chance of an update on the sight with pictures of the present crime scenes??

thanks so much again scott, i cant wait to head back to las and do another tour with you!
    John + cait

Hiya John. If you'd have looked about 3 spaces about Kathy, you'd have seen my own grave/niche. Small world : )

Glad you had a good time, I'm really happy you enjoyed the tour.

S
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

surfca2 Guest

Thumbs down Dearly Departed-Dearly Disappointing

Living here in Southern California and being an avid Death Hag, I always wanted to take the DDTour.

My visiting brother and I finally did and we were kind of disappointed.

I read all those "great" ratings on the website....but unfortunately didn't take into consideration that 95% of those were written by just "tourist types" and NOT true Death Hags.

The Paramount Gates? Mae West's House? Judy Garland's old house? Who cares? They have nothing to do with DEATH.

The Menendez House was great as was the LaBianca Home. The Viper Room was good too as was the Knickerbacker.....all the true death locations were fine......but the school from Grease? What was that about?

Bring on George Reeves' House......"Crispy Jack" Cassidy's Condo....Sal Mineo's death lot. We ended up just taking my car to many of the sites, even though they were close by the tour route. I wanted a Death Tour not a ride past a bunch of has-been queens' homes.

A regular tourist might be intrigued by the run of the mill Hollywood stuff but as a Death Hag I want death-related sites.

The guide, Richard was very nice and knew the facts......but the Dearly Departed Tour was Departed of True Death Hagness.
    Last edited by surfca2; 11-11-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    I'm sorry you found it disapointing, i know a lot have taken the tour here and found it very interesting. i myself would love to come over to USA and take the tour..

knothere Guest
    that part of old hollywood like mae n judy they were legends in their time
    legends maybe old hollywood aint ur bag but its integerall to its history

surfca2 Guest

Unhappy

But that's my point. I didn't take an old Hollywood History Tour, I took a Dearly Departed Tour.

Paige B Guest
    To each their own I suppose. I have not taken the tour...yet! However, I have a good friend who took the tour in July. She said it was worth every cent and loved it. Her description of the tour and Scott's knowledge of his true passion made me want to hop on the next plane to LA.

35. 11-11-2009, 05:08 PM

knothere Guest
    um old hollywood is dead = death hags = part of tour of famous dead ppl

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    um old hollywood is dead = death hags = part of tour of famous dead ppl
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I truly appreciate your honestly, but I do feel like I need to defend my little tour. My tour is lengthy, at over 3 hours. I couldn't include everything, or we'd be going all day. Almost every other tour in Hollywood is only 2 hours long, for the same price you pay for mine.

Now, the Grease thing? It made getting from the Black Dahlia house to the LaBianca house a little more interesting. Otherwise, we'd be sitting in silence, which is really desirable to do for a tour guide, but I thought it'd be nice to point out something fun.

Mae West died in that home, I won't even defend that.

George Reeves is a 10 minute drive up the canyon, and a 10 minute drive back. I didn't think it would be cost effective to spend 20 minutes on one site. Mineo, that was a decision I made to drop because it actually happened in an alley well off the street. You can't see it. I don't include Cassidy because it happened in 1976, but instead show the more current location where Phil Spector picked up Lana Clarkson, we couldn't do both.

So, I'm sorry you didn't think it worthy. I can't please everyone,

But I challenge you to find a better tour company in Hollywood.

knothere Guest
    ok well if i gots to go to hollywood id need at leest half a year to fully take in all the places that i being a proud death hag would love to look at specially at night
    besides thats the great thing about perspective i re read the stories here n in findadeath n i get sumin new each time

surfca2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I truly appreciate your honestly, but I do feel like I need to defend my little tour. My tour is lengthy, at over 3 hours. I couldn't include everything, or we'd be going all day. Almost every other tour in Hollywood is only 2 hours long, for the same price you pay for mine.

Now, the Grease thing? It made getting from the Black Dahlia house to the LaBianca house a little more interesting. Otherwise, we'd be sitting in silence, which is really desirable to do for a tour guide, but I thought it'd be nice to point out something fun.

Mae West died in that home, I won't even defend that.

George Reeves is a 10 minute drive up the canyon, and a 10 minute drive back. I didn't think it would be cost effective to spend 20 minutes on one site. Mineo, that was a decision I made to drop because it actually happened in an alley well off the street. You can't see it. I don't include Cassidy because it happened in 1976, but instead show the more current location where Phil Spector picked up Lana Clarkson, we couldn't do both.

So, I'm sorry you didn't think it worthy. I can't please everyone,

But I challenge you to find a better tour company in Hollywood.

Scott, don't get me wrong, if I wanted a regular tour of Hollywood........your's would be first on my list for price, professionalism of the guide, and the number of sites visited...no question.

As far as locations I'll give you Mae West...kind of...., but I really think the Jack Cassidy site would be much more interesting because it involved probably one of the most macabre deaths in Hollywood (burning to a crisp is about as bad as it gets) coupled with that large fire to the building (which was repaired to it's original look as you mention, that picture of the damaged building from your site would look great in your tour guide book).......... vs. a place where an old lady died of pneumonia.......sad I guess....but tragic? It was her time.

The Black Dahlia house involved the home where the "possible" killer lived once. The lot where she was found would have been much more appropriate (although I realize the distance might be a problem). The place that Phil Spector picked up his victim is OK, but the place where she was murdered is the real interest.

It's kind of like visiting the San Diego airport because that's where PSA Flight #182 was planning on landing......instead of the site at Dwight & Nile where the plane crashed into the street killing 144 people and destroying a dozen homes. (Talk about a chilling location.)

Being a former cop and former mortuary worker, I guess I'm more interested in seeing a few "truly tragic death scenes" than a larger number of blase scenes.

But we'll agree to disagree in that there needs more death and less non-tragic history.
    Last edited by surfca2; 11-12-2009 at 11:35 AM.

A regular tour of Hollywood would not show you Rebecca Schaeffer's assassination spot, play the Menendez 911 call, show photos of Bugsy Siegel or Lana Turner/Johnny Stompanato death scenes, or play the Michael Jackson 911 call or the Phoenix 911 call or the Labianca house or...

So, in all friendliness, I don't agree to disagree.

surfca2 Guest
    A regular tour of Hollywood would not show you Rebecca Schaeffer's assassination spot, play the Menendez 911 call, show photos of Bugsy Siegel or Lana Turner/Johnny Stompanato death scenes, or play the Michael Jackson 911 call or the Phoenix 911 call or the Labianca house or...

So, in all friendliness, I don't agree to disagree.

Those were the highlights absolutely and I loved it.....That's the stuff I expected and you delivered like no-one else.......but you need more of that and less of the time consuming non-tragic:

....Grease school....Judy Garland's old house.....Paramount Gate....The last house on Sunset.....Scientology's ex-hospital building.....Stephen Stucker's apartment.....Richard Simmons exercise studio.....House of Davids........Magic House........George Takei's house......School building with MJ's name covered over.......House where Marilyn lived (not died)......and any location that shows where bimbos like Paris Hilton or other clone-like nobodies get DUI's or hit bushes........

Tragic? Not so much.....
    Last edited by surfca2; 11-12-2009 at 12:49 PM.

in your opinion.

surfca2 Guest
    George Takei's house is tragic? What is tragic about Richard Simmon's studio? How does The House of Davids belong on a Dearly Departed tour? If you can show the connection, then maybe I'll change "my opinion."

From reading over 400 posts on Zerve regarding the tour.....I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Forget it. You request opinions about the tour and then subtly attack the response. I tried to be honest, but you don't want to hear it.

Half your tour is great, the other half is a bore with no connection to anything tragic.

George Michael.....Stephen Stucker.....Richard Simmons.....George Takei......Perhaps you should change the name to the Hollywood Gay Tour with an occassional Death site...not that there's nothing wrong with that, but the Dearly Departed Tour is a misnomer because the majority of the sites have nothing to do with death or tragedy.

Thanks for the tour, but with your "attitude" I think I'll cancel my future plans to take your other ones.
    Last edited by surfca2; 11-12-2009 at 03:49 PM.

The point I'm trying to make is that those sites just make getting from point A to point B a little more interesting. An alternative would be to take back alleys and sit in silence. That's all. Sorry you don't like my attitude. A lot of people don't. Next time I'll butch it up for you.

knothere Guest
    hay i got an idea start ur own death tour cuz the true death hags are comfee right here surf dude

hell im always the one to say if u can do better pleez do

cupcake187 Guest
    I am a true death hag.. enjoyed the hell out of the tour and would do it again in a heart beat.. as it is a year has passed since my tour and I'm sure i've missed some great stuff that has probably been added (MJ)..

Those extra sites *RYDELL HIGH!* did make getting from point A to B much more enjoyable and I for one loved stopping at the bathroom spot.. sure sure it would have been more interesting if George killed someone and THEN played with his turtle neck.. but it was still great.. and the perfect spot to relieve yourself.. (bladder, just in case you needed clarification)..

Getting around in LA is difficult enough as it is and to try to include all these other areas in would be impossible.. 20 minutes out of your way for one site in particular.. no thank you.. Scott got it right with his route and knows LA enough to know what is possible and reasonable in that traffic (aka hell) that he deals with just about daily..
    Last edited by cupcake187; 11-12-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling

knothere Guest
    ya n i never thot about the paparazzzeeeee traffic grrr i get road rage on my bicycle

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    ya n i never thot about the paparazzzeeeee traffic grrr i get road rage on my bicycle
    Neither of the 2 times I've been on the tour has traffic even been an issue, knot. It's quite honestly the shortest 3 hours I've ever experienced. Scott, and Richard both know what they're talking about, and I for one was grateful for all the little non-death related tidbits they threw in.

They didn't have to do that, but with the amount of knowledge they have about the city, and it's wacky cast of inhabitants, that just makes it that much more worth it as far as I'm concerned.

As for the mention of the house where the Dahlia killer may have lived - what exactly should be shown there? The lot where she was found is no longer a vacant lot, first of all, it's somebody's driveway. And the crime is UNSOLVED to this day!

You will not be able to find ANYBODY who can entertain, teach, and show you the places/things that Scott and DDT can anywhere else. It's an experience that can't even be described until you've experienced it firsthand. Maybe you'll enjoy it, perhaps you won't, but no one can say that they didn't get their money's worth.

surfca2 Guest
    The point I'm trying to make is that those sites just make getting from point A to point B a little more interesting. An alternative would be to take back alleys and sit in silence. That's all. Sorry you don't like my attitude. A lot of people don't. Next time I'll butch it up for you.

All I'm saying is you could add a few more of point A's & Point B's if you take out all the fluff. Yes, SOME of the filler is cool in between, but at the end of the day it becomes more fluff than substance.

surfca2 Guest
    hay i got an idea start ur own death tour cuz the true death hags are comfee right here surf dude

hell im always the one to say if u can do better pleez do

Well knot dude, since you've never even took the tour....I'll ignore your "comfee" comment.