Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

BeanBoyGirl Guest

I went on your tour Scott

You were very professional and informative. Although the women in the back kept passing gas, I think you noticed it also. I don't know if you remember me, I was the one that asked about Marilyn's home.

Good-Day

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanBoyGirl View Post
    You were very professional and informative. Although the women in the back kept passing gas, I think you noticed it also. I don't know if you remember me, I was the one that asked about Marilyn's home.

Good-Day
    We only had like 5 people when I went on the tour!

Scott does an awesome job! I ditched my wife and daughter at Disneyland so I could go.

Its not just "death" scenes. I loved the part where you are driving down the street from "The Beverly Hillbillys" and he starts playing the music. I felt like I was in a time machine...

firegilnotguns Guest
    So jealous...can't wait til I get to go!

Snoopy Guest
    I went on his tour in May loved.. loved it! and Danny my husband and I were singing the BeverlyHillbillies theme for the rest of the day! My favorite was when we got to go up and get an awesome view of the Hollywood sign..very cool!!

Danny62 Guest
    Stopping in front of the Labianca house where the Manson family murdered them was very chilling!!

Just staring at the house and thinking about what happened!!!

Wow!!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    man i gotta take this tour!!!~

almead85 Guest
    What got me creeped out was when Scott played the song the manson girls sang w/ the babies crying in the background. I will never forget the chills down my spine. The fact that babies were around this lunatic...... thats just yucky....

Gary Guest
    I haven't been able to make it out to LA in a few years, but the last time out (about 1995) I went on Scott's tour and got to sit in the front with him in the hearse.....COOL!!!
    I remember the first time I took the "Grave Line Tours" ride in 1990 and it was a very nice British driver by the name of Greg who drove. He also let me sit in the front and he let me videotape the COMPLETE tour (2 hours!) I haven't watched that tape in a LONG time.....I should pop it in the old VCR tonight!
    HEY SCOTT! Whatever happened to Greg?
    I've been promising myself to get back out to LA and do some grave hunting and another tour, but never been able to make it. A couple times I even bought LA Dodger tickets and since I didn't make it out there for the games, I sent the tickets to Scott and he put them to good use. Even sent me a souvenier or two from Dodger Stadium and I STILL have that key-chain, Scott! (though I'm a RED SOX fan now)
    Last edited by Gary; 10-11-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: add info

GhostWorld Guest
    T-minus 24 hours and 2 minutes and then I will get to be among the ranks of those who have done THE tour. Can you tell I'm excited?

Guest Guest
    Maybe I need to take a vacation. I am jealous, I want to go...... no I NEED to go. Anyone willing? Huh? Huh? Huh? I'm not going alone. I live like 23,000 miles from L.A, this is so not fair.

Holy shit threads like this should be banned. I'm so jealous. One day (hopefully) i'll visit the States and this tour is my priority. I'd like to hang out with Scott and take this tour. Until then Scott...surely it's about time you launched the English tour!?

mrsjorgy Guest
    How do I convince my fiance that we need go to LA/Hollywood for our honeymoon so we can go on the tour?

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjorgy View Post
    How do I convince my fiance that we need go to LA/Hollywood for our honeymoon so we can go on the tour?
    Spend your honeymoon doin' the coast thing. When I visit LA now (I was a 20-year resident) I stay in either Laguna Beach or Santa Barbara on the beach and then drive in for the day. LB is only about 80 minutes from Hollywood during rush hour - SB about 2+ hours. Driving and stopping from San Francisco to San Diego is pretty cool too (Carmel, San Simion, Newport, etc.)

Feel free to send me a private message if you want a list of alternatives.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Maybe I need to take a vacation. I am jealous, I want to go...... no I NEED to go. Anyone willing? Huh? Huh? Huh? I'm not going alone. I live like 23,000 miles from L.A, this is so not fair.
    I am raising my hand!!!

I actaully took the tour in 1994 when he was with Grave line tours a well. I spoke with Scott during the rest stop on the tour and he said he was the one probably driving the hearse...The van is much more comfortable!!!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjorgy View Post

Tell him Hugh Heffner will be there with the girls, at a toga party wearing nothing but sheets.

Grammy Guest
    I TOOK THE TOUR! My daughter, granddaughter and myself took the tour at the beginning of the year. Scott has a world of information in his brain and shares it all so openly. Thank you Scott for letting us into your world for a couple of hours.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Scott, we're booked on your tour for 10/17/07...and CAN'T WAIT! See you then!

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    The only thing I have to say is that I didn't like when we went into the park were what is his face showed his penis, what is that about? I wanted more gorey stuff.

The only thing I have to say is that I didn't like when we went into the park were what is his face showed his penis, what is that about? I wanted more gorey stuff.

lol George Michael.

What's the difference between George Michael and a microwave?

A microwave stops when you open the door.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostWorld View Post
    T-minus 24 hours and 2 minutes and then I will get to be among the ranks of those who have done THE tour. Can you tell I'm excited?
    I bet he is on the tour right now!!

We'll be going in the near future. Trip from 'Bama to visit LA for Tour, Disneyland, etc

Guest Guest
    I'd give a kidney, a big toe, and a thumb to go on the tour. I might walk funny, piss alot, and have 9 fingers but I would be on the TOUR!

ComputerGuy Guest
    I'd give a kidney, a big toe, and a thumb to go on the tour. I might walk funny, piss alot, and have 9 fingers but I would be on the TOUR!
    Then you could sit in the back flatulating like the ladies on BeanBoyGirl's tour

deadagain Guest

Best tour

Scotts tour was the highlight of my trip to California. I am just sad that I don't live closer so that I can take the tour everyday, it seems like one of those things that you would hear and discover new things each time. Can't wait till DDII is out, I have already worn out DDI. Keep up the great work Scott.

Good-Day

McLyttle Guest
    I just found this site earlier this year, but I think I need to make a trip to take this tour too. There's no excuse for not doing it, I'm only two hours away.

Love this site!

GhostWorld Guest
    Best thing EVER.

Mark Guest
    That tour was amazing. I went to LA back in May/June with 3 other friends to visit Marilyn Monroe's crypt on her birthday. We took the tour on the Wednesday we were out theri and it wasw amazing. It blew my mind. Scott was very professional and discussed everything in such great detail. I can't wait to do this again.

Told my wife yesterday that I'm planning a trip to L.A. Never been there before but can't wait for Scott's tour.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I'll kill myself if I never take this tour!!

Just kidding ;D

But anyway I'm jealous too. I can't wait for my turn =]

PvN73 Guest
    I took the tour in May this year. It was the BEST tour I did on my trip to the USofA! I keep telling everyone about it.

I liked that we stopped off at the infamous George Michael toilets, I took a photo of it. People think i am even more of a weirdo that I did that (it is bad enough I show them photos all the houses of the tour...)

The tour rocks and Scott is great! i got to sit at the front and he was kind enough to take photos for me when things were on the other side of the road. Scott ROCKS!!!

sweetpea77 Guest
    I would so love to take the tour, but with me being on the other side of the country, I don't really see it happening anytime soon!

I am planning on taking a trip to LA just so I can go on the tour...I don't know when that will be (most likely in the spring). I can't wait!!
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Darrianne Guest
    Me too....but I am way up here in northern Ohio.........and I have no one to go with. Hubby would never do it......he thinks I am morbid but loveable. If he would only read some of you guys, he would see how NORMAL I really am. LOL

star82 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by almead85 View Post
    What got me creeped out was when Scott played the song the manson girls sang w/ the babies crying in the background. I will never forget the chills down my spine. The fact that babies were around this lunatic...... thats just yucky....

I agree, the song "never say never to always" is creepy! The Manson girls were very strange.

I did both of Scott's tours, he is so fabulous.

Helby Guest
    I am trying to plan a trip to get out there from wisconsin...trying to find cheap flights!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Well Scott we're home and have to say that your tour was the highlight of our trip to SoCal...thank you thank you THANK YOU for being such a great guy and a marvelous tour guide. I can't tell you how fascinating we found the tour, I will never forget the giant grim reaper (Halloween decoration) hanging over the entrance to the Menendez' (former) home...how bizarre was THAT ??? We will be planning our next trip down there around your Helter Skelter tour...and can't wait!!
    Cheers and THANKS again!
    Jack & Gene in San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Scott, we're booked on your tour for 10/17/07...and CAN'T WAIT! See you then!

BabyDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea77 View Post
    I would so love to take the tour, but with me being on the other side of the country, I don't really see it happening anytime soon!
    lucky.
    i'm on a different continent

I just booked a July 08 vacation to Tinsel Town. I can't wait to take the tour. Watched Dearly Departed last night to get in the mood.
    It will be a pleasure to meet Scott.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    Told my wife yesterday that I'm planning a trip to L.A. Never been there before but can't wait for Scott's tour.
    You're in for a treat! I went last summer. Scott is the best! He knows so much and has a terrific sense of humor. Bring your camera and enjoy the surfin' hearse. Get there early for a window seat, seriously.

I read somewhere Scott is planning a east coast vacation next year. Better not be when I'm in L.A.

miz rosebud Guest
    I loved the tour and wil probably go again.........tehonly thing that pissed me off was some lady said she was on information overload........she was a know it all anyways,But i wanted to keep goin we got lil extras that were great...I cant wait for the next dvd.

qulevergrrl Guest

Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

I think we're going on 11/17 or 11/18 of 2007. It will be our 5th time, but that's over the past 13 years. I really like the old Hollywood stuff. I love the Knickerbocker Hotel. This year, I ate at Asia De Cuba (Sky Bar) and got stuck behind the Chateau Marmont. There was a private party back there (valet parking and all) and it kinda creeped me out thinking that here I was...stuck in the same alley that what's her name got stuck in and busted over John Belushi.

I live in So Cal, so sometimes I take friends on mini tours, courtesy of Scott's introduction to these sites. However, nothing will ever beat Scott being the MC of the tour. He is truly a fab host.

So when are you guys going? C'mon hags?

SuckMyKiss Guest
    When someone decides to kindly leave £2,500 on my doorstep. Failing that, next year.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    When someone decides to kindly leave £2,500 on my doorstep. Failing that, next year.
    Send that "someone" to my door next

Then I can go too.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Send that "someone" to my door next

Then I can go too.
    I'll share, if you can fit in a suitcase we could probably smuggle you through customs.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Lol! Maybe Scott can set aside a small percentage of profits for an annual lottery for one lucky winner annually to win a trip to the tour! But here I am playing with someone's money again. And that's not so nice especially when he's worked so long and hard and is finally coming into his own.

Gary Guest
    As it stands now, I am PLANNING on going to LA from Mar. 15-22. My B-day is the 19th, so that is one day for sure I'd like to take the tour.

Guest Guest
    : Crawls in Gary's suitcase :

What I want to know is when Scott's getting his arse back to England but this time with the specially prepared European tour he's going to do for us.

I thought something along the lines of cruising to the tunnel in Paris followed by a haggish dinner of Steak Dianne in the Ritz. All with Graham Norton masks and our Hag t-shirts on.

I'll get to L.A but it's gonna be a while.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    What I want to know is when Scott's getting his arse back to England but this time with the specially prepared European tour he's going to do for us.

I thought something along the lines of cruising to the tunnel in Paris followed by a haggish dinner of Steak Dianne in the Ritz. All with Graham Norton masks and our Hag t-shirts on.

I'll get to L.A but it's gonna be a while.

Oh Axl, you've got my Al-Fayed up.

LMFAO. I am ashamed of myself for even coming up with that shit joke. I'll get my coat.

Tinsel town vacation is set for July 19-26, 2008.
    Will definately take the tour. Can't wait to meet Scott.