Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lupe Velez

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Didn't you use her pic as your av a fews years ago, Lisa?

I think she had a rather pixie-ish appearance with a dash of vamp thrown in.
    I DID!

You remembered

I agree with your assessment on her looks

Nice little read here about Lupe ....... don't know what to think about the body on the floor ..... I thinking in some ways it looks staged but don't know ... when I first saw Carole Landis on her bathroom floor I thought that looked staged but it wasn't. Nice frontal pic of Lupe in the box , never seen that on before . Good case made that it's not her on the floor. http://mvozus.wordpress.com/2013/05/...ot-lupe-velez/

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Nice little read here about Lupe ....... don't know what to think about the body on the floor ..... I thinking in some ways it looks staged but don't know ... when I first saw Carole Landis on her bathroom floor I thought that looked staged but it wasn't. Nice frontal pic of Lupe in the box , never seen that on before . Good case made that it's not her on the floor. http://mvozus.wordpress.com/2013/05/...ot-lupe-velez/
    I have to agree, it doesn't look like her at all, and she wouldn't be so perfectly composed in death, would she?

That is totally not her. Anyone can see that. Just having her name written in pencil on the back of the photo doesn't make it so.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Somebody trying get more hits on their blog and sell books, obviously.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Scott posted this on FB today. He seems to think the pic is authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Scott posted this on FB today. He seems to think the pic is authentic.
    No doubt he'll be able to dig into it and find out the truth.

stephenmiller Guest
    Lupe Velez was one hot tamale! She and Johnny Weissmuller were different as night and day!

lisalouver Guest
    No doubt he'll be able to dig into it and find out the truth.
    As you do

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    As you do
    Did you check out the comments at the bottom? Some of them are pretty scathing.

lisalouver Guest
    Did you check out the comments at the bottom? Some of them are pretty scathing.
    No, but I will go look now!

[SIZE=3][/SIZE] Someone posted photos of Lupe's grave on Find a Grave. If you look at the photo taken directly in front of her grave, in the left background there's an object lying on the ground that looks like the Wicked Witch's broomstick from The Wizard of Oz. No idea what the rectangular hole in front is for, and the place looks like maintenance is badly needed; the grave directly behind the broom (#267) is closed with a loose stack of bricks, and the other grave has two stone slabs stacked against it.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6741[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1003.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	54695 With Harold Ramond the lover who impregnated her but wouldn't marry her. This situation was the catalyst for Lupe's suicide.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Fake photo, she was found in bed according to everything I've read.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I see that Turner Classic Movies just had a day
    dedicated to her films.(very nice)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Odd death, and from what I hear she is a wild woman, I have Hollywood Babylon one and two.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Odd death, and from what I hear she is a wild woman, I have Hollywood Babylon one and two.
    Cool, I also have both of those books, So enjoy the dark side of Hollywood.
    (This is why I'm on this forum)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I see that Turner Classic Movies just had a day dedicated to her films.(very nice)

The next time Turner shows "Where East is East" I highly recommend all of you to record it. She plays Lon Chaney's daughter, with none of the "Mexican Spitfire" persona visible. Just a spirited girl whose dad is white and her mom (played by Lupe's pal Estelle Taylor) is some sort of Oriental wanton, lol. Seriously, the rapport between Chaney and Velez is delightful and it makes me realize how much genuine talent she had.