Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lupe Velez

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

I think it's the forum user LupeVelez who they mean. No?
    Si.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

realtorjan Guest
    Check the newpaper archives for that era and you will discover that she died in bed. Maids testified to the effect. The rumor about the bathroom was circulated many years later and is completely false. Emergency personnel also state in next day interviews that she was lying in bed with her hair swept across the pillow.

There are also many casket photos in the paper archives.

realtorjan Guest
    [SIZE=1]
    From the Port Arthur Newspaper Dec 15, 1944

Meanwhile, an examination of
    the body by Dr. Edward Gourson
    discloses that a child would have
    been born to Miss Velez five months
    from now, C. H. Anderson, Beverly
    Hills chief of police, said.
    A second note found beside her
    body in the ornate bedroom was
    addressed to Lupe's faithful secretary,
    Mrs. Beulah Kinder,
    [/SIZE]

realtorjan Guest
    [SIZE=1]
    From the ElPaso Herald Post, Dec 15, 1944

found Lupe Velez' body "yesterday when she
    went into the sumptuous silver and
    white bedroom to draw the curtains,
    said' something in the little
    actress' face arrested her attention.
    "I thought she was asleep—she
    looked so peaceful. But when I laid
    my hand on her to see if she
    wanted some breakfast 1 knew
    something was wrong.
    "She was dead."
    Clothed in blue silk pajamas, her
    body was found lying in the silksheeted
    bed, her long hair tumbled
    across a satin pillow slip. One
    hand stretched towards a night
    table on which was a phial which
    had contained sleeping tablets, and
    other sleeping tablets were found
    scattered about the bed.
    [/SIZE]

I might be wrong, but I recall reading in Hollywood Babylon that Lupe Velez had the remarkable ability to be able to swing her breasts in circles, one clockwise and one anti-clockwise both at the same time. A very talented lady obviously.

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    BTW, ol Harald was blamed for her death by Hollywood and his career went into the toliet.
    I'd never heard of the guy outside of this incident. Here are a couple of teeny pics I googled of him:

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ah Cripes, it's in Hollywood Babylon? I used to have a copy that was my parents, but mine is long gone too. Maybe I should try to get another one!

I am positive it's in Hollywood Babylon. I had it years ago but long lost the book in one of my many moves.

cherryghost Guest
    I also read the toilet bowl story was fabricated. Quite a nasty story really if not true!
    I met Kenneth Anger and had him sign my Hollywood Babylon books, it was a bit of a thrill!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Furr View Post
    I'd never heard of the guy outside of this incident. Here are a couple of teeny pics I googled of him:

Yea, I believe he was just starting out when he was with Lupe. If you check out his film list, he had been in a few. He lived a long life, unlike Lupe.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    I also read the toilet bowl story was fabricated. Quite a nasty story really if not true!
    I met Kenneth Anger and had him sign my Hollywood Babylon books, it was a bit of a thrill!
    Even though Anger was a fabricator, that must have been a thrill to meet him cherry!!!

cherryghost Guest
    He was like a Miami retiree, he did actually live in Miami he said. He was wearing a black velour tracksuit and snow white runners and was very polite to everyone.

My friend who knows him through Art said "Oh he's a white witch. I had seen a few of his films and been a bit unnerved by them, which of course would be the intention! That comment of course intriged me and may very well be true.

Anyway he was very nice and chatty to me so I enjoyed the encounter. Oh the Hollywood Babylon books I had him sign were very tattered and originals so that made a good impression on him too!

He must be getting on in age now!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 03-08-2008 at 07:56 PM.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    He was like a Miami retiree, he did actually live in Miami he said. He was wearing a black velour tracksuit and snow white runners and was very polite to everyone.

My friend who knows him through Art said "Oh he's a white witch. I had seen a few of his films and been a bit unnerved by them, which of course would be the intention! That comment of course intriged me and may very well be true.

Anyway he was very nice and chatty to me so I enjoyed the encounter. Oh the Hollywood Babylon books I had him sign were very tattered and originals so that made a good impression on him too!

He must be getting on in age now!
    Great story cherry!

Auntie Venom Guest
    I doubt that she died laid out beautifully in the bed. When you OD on pills, you vomit-either before, during or shortly after death.
    I always wondered if maybe she wasn't found on the floor in the direction of her bathroom and then the toiletbowl-drowning whatever came from there.

The photograph above is of actor CURT JURGENS.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    The photograph above is of actor CURT JURGENS.
    Thanks for that clarification Kelt. I thought it did not look like Harold.

Lucy Furr Guest
    I came across this little gem the other day of Lupe and Coop:

I'm convinced he was blessed from day one...I've yet to see him look bad.

More Cheese Please Guest

Here's one of Lupe with Clayton Moore of "Lone Ranger" fame.

god he looks good there.

I just dug up my copie of "Hollywood Babylon II" and found this pic of her:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lupev.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	4392  

Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    god he looks good there.
    So does she. What a shame.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Boy he looks thin there. They said that he was "hung like a horse" & could go all night; no wonder the women loved him. I think that everyone liked COOPER. PATRICIA NEAL said that after having been with GARY no man measured up.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

kandykisses Guest

Any Body Know

I remember reading about a famous film star I think silent who decided to commit suicide. She lit all these candles, surrounded her bed in rose petals, decked herself out in a beautiful outfit and took pills. Only the pills made her throw up and so she was found drown in her vomit and toilet water.

Does anybody know who that was. I always liked that story for some sick reason.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I remember reading about a famous film star I think silent who decided to commit suicide. She lit all these candles, surrounded her bed in rose petals, decked herself out in a beautiful outfit and took pills. Only the pills made her throw up and so she was found drown in her vomit and toilet water.

Does anybody know who that was. I always liked that story for some sick reason.
    Lupe Velez, there's a post on her she wasn't a silent star

kandykisses Guest
    Thanks sorry I didn't know her name to look her up. If the mods want to delete my thread they can.

1karenhb Guest
    The story isn't true. Another Hollywood myth.

Isn't that horrible...You have this beautiful plan and it backfires like that. Oh, the indignity! She was a beautiful woman. No wonder she was called "The Mexican Spitfire". If I'm not mistaken, she was upset because she was pregnant with Gary Cooper's baby, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    The story isn't true. Another Hollywood myth.
    OK you so just burst my bubble.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Isn't that horrible...You have this beautiful plan and it backfires like that. Oh, the indignity! She was a beautiful woman. No wonder she was called "The Mexican Spitfire". If I'm not mistaken, she was upset because she was pregnant with Gary Cooper's baby, right?
    She was beautiful. One of my faves. She was pregnant with Harold Maresch's child (about 4 months, I believe) and when he wanted her to have an abortion, she refused and killed herself instead.

I do believe she had a love affair with Cooper though.

Although the story of her demise has been speculated (if she had her head in the bowl or not) I don't think it has ever been proven one way or another?

I see. Even still........suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things ALWAYS get better. Believe me!

lisalouver Guest
    I see. Even still........suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things ALWAYS get better. Believe me!
    I totatlly agree! No man (or woman) is worth killing yourself over. Some of the saddest suicides I go to are young men who kill themselves over some girl who did not want him.

Sad, sad, sad!

BTW, I love your new avi!!! You look fab!

Kugmu Guest

kandykisses Guest
    I love the new pup pic. I am a dog lover. Suicide is so tragic that someone gets into that level of despair. It is a terrible place to be.

Kugmu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    ...Suicide is so tragic that someone gets into that level of despair. It is a terrible place to be.
    Yes, but there is sometimes comfort in suicidal thoughts.
    For me back then, I looked at suicide as an end or final escape from the demons all around me.
    Nowadays, when I have those feelings of old, they no longer lead me to thinking that suicide is an appropriate way of ending the pain. In a way it is more painful to deal with things now that suicide is no longer an option. I must face the demons and find a way to deal with them. I once looked forward to suicide as a way to stop the depression, guilt and despair of how I felt. The ultimate escape. Now I must deal with it all, overcome it and move on. Sometimes thatâ??s a lot harder to do then simply accepting the quicker solution.

coleysabusybabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Yes, but there is sometimes comfort in suicidal thoughts.
    I agree totally with that statement. I hate it when people say that suicide is a selfish solution...often times you think of all the pain you are in but you think of the pain that you have or might have caused. I attempted in December 2007 and came very close, but I had thought my daughter would be better off without me than with a mother who could barely care for herself much less her baby. Apparantly a higher authority has other plans because we found out while I was in rehab therapy that I was pregnant with our second child.

Even as sad as it is when someone commits suicide...I have the hope that whatever pain they were in has finally ended and they aren't stuck in limbo with that pain still in them.

a clever sheep Guest
    Glad you're still here with us!!!

The last time I tried was June of '88. A whole lifetime ago. You like the new pic? Thanks..it's me circ 1970 and baby Elvis the day we brought him home. Isn't he dreamy?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coleysabusybabe View Post
    I agree totally with that statement. I hate it when people say that suicide is a selfish solution...often times you think of all the pain you are in but you think of the pain that you have or might have caused. I attempted in December 2007 and came very close, but I had thought my daughter would be better off without me than with a mother who could barely care for herself much less her baby. Apparantly a higher authority has other plans because we found out while I was in rehab therapy that I was pregnant with our second child.

Even as sad as it is when someone commits suicide...I have the hope that whatever pain they were in has finally ended and they aren't stuck in limbo with that pain still in them.

Exactly how I feel........I don`t think selfish should enter into the picture........unless a person has experienced that overwhelming feeling of despair, that feeling that your living in a tunnel and there is no light, it would be hard to explain........I`ve had many friends commit suicide, especially when I was younger ( seems the younger, the more vulnerable we are ) and I don`t for a minute believe God, or whatever higher power they may be, will codemn them..........some souls are too sweet to be here and the day to day struggle is just too much....I don`t advocte anyone taking their lives, but yeah, I do understand

At the risk of sounding like more of a freak than you already think I am, you know that I "have a connection" to those who have passed. From what I have been told by people who have killed themselves, they regret it the second they leave the body but they don't go to hell. God has mercy on those who just came back too soon but weren't ready. Look at the people who chose to do this: at one time they LOVED life and after awhile they just felt like they didn't fit in anymore; they wanted out. When they pass over, they basically "go to school" to learn what they should have gotten when they were here. What they do say is that they are always plagued with guilt so pray for them all the time. They hear it and it helps ease the guilt. Let them go and don't hang on to the memory of what they've done because they feel it all the time. Call me what you will, but just passing on what I've been told. Also, it's best to creamate the body of someone who has killed themselves..they are less apt to stay close to their body and move on quicker. But no, they don't go to hell. The hell they were living was all right here.

Guest Guest
    my uncle killed himself..... my father is still mad at him, mainly because of how it's left my grandparents. I tried to off myself when I was a teen...... I can imagine how lonely and empty my uncle must of felt ...... that's what make me sad.... he must of felt completely hopeless

I'm sure he did. Well, let's pray for his peace now.

Guest Guest
    a friend of mine made a comment once that he is in a better place.... just because you take your own life do you automatically go the hell.......(please... I don't want a theology debate... just want to share something that comforted me)..... my uncle hung himself and that takes some time, especially because his neck wasn't broken.... that he had time to call on Jesus and make things right.....

lisalouver Guest
    The last time I tried was June of '88. A whole lifetime ago. You like the new pic? Thanks..it's me circ 1970 and baby Elvis the day we brought him home. Isn't he dreamy?
    You both look fabulous!

Of course you don't go to hell...like I said in my above post....the hell was the life they were living. God takes mercy on those who were suffering. At least my God does.

Thank you, lisa..I still can't do a damn thing with my hair!

Dylgem22 Guest
    Joplinfrk - I just love your posts .. I liked your post #17! Its a comforting thought! I personally don't know anyone who has committed suicide, and I know I personally haven't considered it, so I don't know what it feels like to be in such despair that is the only way out .. but I like to think I can imagine what pain they were feeling just to make sense of it all .. but I like the thought of them not going to Hell .. but thier life here on earth was Hell for them .. just a nice thought!

DOA Guest
    At the risk of sounding like more of a freak than you already think I am, you know that I "have a connection" to those who have passed. From what I have been told by people who have killed themselves, they regret it the second they leave the body but they don't go to hell. God has mercy on those who just came back too soon but weren't ready. Look at the people who chose to do this: at one time they LOVED life and after awhile they just felt like they didn't fit in anymore; they wanted out. When they pass over, they basically "go to school" to learn what they should have gotten when they were here. What they do say is that they are always plagued with guilt so pray for them all the time. They hear it and it helps ease the guilt. Let them go and don't hang on to the memory of what they've done because they feel it all the time. Call me what you will, but just passing on what I've been told. Also, it's best to creamate the body of someone who has killed themselves..they are less apt to stay close to their body and move on quicker. But no, they don't go to hell. The hell they were living was all right here.
    Very interesting post. I like it.

Why, thank you. I'm just passing along what I was told.

JestersKiss Guest

Lupe VĂ©lez

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest

lisalouver Guest
    Thanks for the pics of Lupe, she still is one of my favorites!

51. 06-26-2008, 11:56 PM