Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Diana

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's hanging on to those torn, bloody clothes for a good sized pay-out one day.
    I wouldn't doubt it one bit.

Littleroben Guest
    I think whatever comes out at the inquest it won't change anyones opinion about what and how it happened.

Lobsters Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Tina Brown's book, The Diana Chronicles, was a fascinating read. And yes, Diana was not the completely innocent little victim that she like to depict herself as. Definitely a manipulative shit-stirrer. But I say, Good for Her!!

I also wondered why Mercedes never seemed to take too much heat on the fact that Princess Di was killed in one of their cars. Yes, she and the others probably would have survived if they were wearing seatbelts, but they were still killed in a Mercedes. I remember shortly after the incident, seeing a commercial on TV for Mercedes touting all their great safety features. It seemed so ironic at the time, and I wondered if that particular commercial was developed before or after the accident.
    I think the reason they didn't get any heat was that they car wasn't negligent in the accident. I mean that to say...if they had been wearing their seatbelts they most likely ALL would have survived. That car actually held up remarkably well for the impact that it took.

And if I remember correctly the car wasn't faulty at all mechanically.

Lobsters Guest
    According to this BBC article...he did indeed destroy them...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2385989.stm

Paul sold out Diana when he wrote those two cheesy books about his life with her and sold some of her things he "claimed" she gave him.

I'm pretty sure he's hanging on to those torn, bloody clothes for a good sized pay-out one day.

The British Police were convinced that Burell had destroyed Diana's clothes. That's good enough for me.

hoxharding Guest
    I just read the second book by Diana's butler(Paul?)
    He insists that Diana was NOT serious about Dodi. That the ring she was wearing was a friendship ring. That she was in love with another man.
    That Dodi's father was pushing the relationship because he wanted Diana as a daughter-in-law.
    I have read many of the books about Diana and his books seem the best.

hoxharding Guest
    Supposedly Dodi was a Cokehead, which is one of the reasons Paul(her butler)
    knew that relationships wouldn't last. She despised that sort of thing. On the other hand, she didn't mind messing with the Royal Family. She knew being seen with Dodi
    upset them.
    She also knew the man she loved would be jealous when she saw the pictures of
    her when she was with Dodi.
    The man(a doctor)she loved didn't attend her funeral. He was grief stricken.
    Paul gave her a scarf of her that still smelled of her perfume.

Just came across this spot online about Diana...

"A rescuer who tried to help Princess Diana after her Paris car crash said Thursday that the princess spoke as she lay in the wreckage, repeating the words "Oh My God" over and over.

Damian Dalby told an inquest into Diana's death that he and his brother rushed over to the wreckage of the princess' Mercedes after it crashed in the Pont d'Alma tunnel on Aug. 31, 1997."

Here is the link to the whole article

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/witness...00010000000001

Interesting reading...
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

SW4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    Sorry Scott, got to disagree here. QE2 let us down the day Diana died. No flag flying at half mast, no mention of her in church services and it was only due to public grief and demand at her heartlessness, that she was advised to come back to London and face her public. If the Queen hadnt have instigated the marriage of Charles and Diana in order to get a heir to the throne, Our Queen of Hearts would still be alive. There's nothing classy about that!
    Not a "QE2-Hag" myself, but have to disagree with you, TrueBlue. The Queen was doing what she does best; following protocol. At the time of Diana's death, the Queen was not in residence; that's why The Jack, and not the Royal Standard, was flying at the time. The Royal Standard is rarely (if ever) flown at half-mast because (if I remember rightly) that would signify that no Soverign is on the throne.

Since Diana was at that time no longer a member of the Royal family, any flag at half-mast was not called for under "protocol".

Did the Queen mis-judge? Absolutely. But, a comprimise was made by flying the Jack at half-mast (which was not warranted). I remember at the time, thinking the Queen was making a dreadful mistake not showing a more sympathetic side, but in hindsight, I think she took the most responsible consititutional actions she could take.

Now, if she could do something about my Council tax.....

luckoftheirish Guest
    Sorry I am new at this so sorry if this was posted already...
    Some pix of the car after the accident

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...85180389iFNFZc

SlippyInvader Guest

Princess Diana crash pic

I just found this pic of Princess Diana just after the crash but not sure whether it's a fake or not.

http://www.charonboat.com/cgi-bin/ItemView.cgi?id=38

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I just found this pic of Princess Diana just after the crash but not sure whether it's a fake or not.

Where is it? All there is a bunch of links for other things. But can't complain - the beheading videos are on here. Ultimate ghoul website!!

Wow, thats a pretty cool site!

WendyK Guest
    It's VERY Gory! But Awsome!!!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    I believe it to be fake (well, not fake unfortunately, but a different person) because two nights ago on the news they showed footage of rescue workers about the Princess' wreck and they all had on orange-ish vests, and the responders to this wreck scene are wearing yellow.

Maruz83 Guest
    Nice site !!! Poor Bride Chick !!!

SlippyInvader Guest
    The one that sickened me is the second link down, an 18 yr old girl who died in a car crash.

monhol Guest
    i could not see the picture. i could not make out what it was.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    The car crash photos of Diana have been shown online, on US TV and published in at least one European magazine (an Italian one, I think). They show her in profile and there's no visible injuries on show. They don't seem to resemble the picture on this website so I'd guess it's a fake or of someone else who may've resembled her.

different kind of girl Guest
    I've seen that photo a few times and thought it was claimed to be fake.

onehunglow Guest
    Good site. If your going to die, do it in style

mommafreak Guest
    wow, vivid photos. my girls are going to freak out when i tell them about that web site

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    wow, vivid photos. my girls are going to freak out when i tell them about that web site
    I told my partner about it but he refuses to look at it.

SarahThirteen Guest
    Diana usually always wore her seat belt I dont know why she wasnt that night. For the paps to stand there taking pictues instead of helping is beyond me.. .although I will say after years and years of reading book after book after book on the subject I know that if the paramedics would have gotten Diana to he hospital sooner than the hour it took to get her there she would of had a higher chance of living that night. The paramedics in Paris believe in the saying "slow and steady wins the race" they think that if they speed they will cause more injuries to the accident victim so they tend to take their time getting someome to the ER.

SarahThirteen Guest

Its a fake.... look at the picture she has wounds to her face... These are the following external injuries Diana had... a small cut by her hair line (only facial injury) a long deep gash on her thigh and a cut on one of her butt cheeks. Th woman in the photo had other cuts to her face so therefore it is not Diana.

Sock Puppet Guest
    The pictures on here of the Beslan School Siege----some of the people look like barbequed bratwurst

Patience54 Guest
    Diana was definitely someone who will not be forgotten. Can't believe its been 10 years.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    Diana usually always wore her seat belt I dont know why she wasnt that night.
    There's a lot of contreversy about this fact. She didn't ALWAYS wear her seatbelt. Members of the royal family. Are generally, and this is REALLY bizarre, told not to wear there seatbelts, as if there is a crash, it's easier and quicker to get them out of the car. Mad I know. But true.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    There's a lot of contreversy about this fact. She didn't ALWAYS wear her seatbelt. Members of the royal family. Are generally, and this is REALLY bizarre, told not to wear there seatbelts, as if there is a crash, it's easier and quicker to get them out of the car. Mad I know. But true.
    You've got to be kidding. They might want to revisit that one.

These days I always buckle up in the back seat, it's my tribute to Di.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    You've got to be kidding. They might want to revisit that one.

These days I always buckle up in the back seat, it's my tribute to Di.
    Yes, and God forbid those darned seatbelts wrinkle their royal attire.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Enough of pricess di!

The REAL tragedy was 5 years ago when Zsa Zsa Gabor failed to fasten her seat belt and became maimed for life as a result of a tragic auto accident!

sassie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Not accurate, according to Ken Wharfe, Diana's former protection officer. It is the bodyguards who are advised not to wear their seatbelts, since they may have to act quickly. In fact, police trained bodyguards won't allow the car to move until the person they are protecting is seatbelted.

Dodi's dad needs to get out of denial and realize it was just drunk driving accident - no more, no less...

Dodi's dad needs to get out of denial and realize it was just drunk driving accident - no more, no less...
    That's always been my take on this, Aries! Mohammed Al Fayed seems so determined to make sense of his son's death, and so needs to deflect his grief, that he's latched onto this conspiracy theory. He is in the unique position to have oodles of money to throw at the "conspiracy" and has enough connections with other powerful people to get his theories airtime. Some average poor bloke would just be left with his anger and his dead son. I hope that when this inquest is finally over that he'll let whatever they conclude be it. I will be very surprised indeed if it's anything but a drunk driving accident myself.

Noelle Page Guest
    Interesting blind item:
    WHICH gorgeous daughter of a foreign-born billionaire had a fling last year with Prince William? While their families don't get along, and she could never marry the future King of England, the hookup between their clans was not unprecedented.

speculation is Camila Al-Fayed, Dodi's (half?) sister. If so, how freakish. And was Dad trying to play second-generation matchmaker?

Noelle Page Guest
    Here's a fantasy of what Di's life would have been like as wife of her Pakistani heart surgeon:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5

As if. If she found life as a British Royal stifling....

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Here Here! Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Al Fayed should take some of those millions he's throwing at this inquest and donate it to some of Diana's charities, since he seems to have nothing better to do with his money. I find him (as I did his son) really creepy.

Desertrose Guest
    I will always be fasinated with this story. While I do believe Henri Paul was under the influence, I don't believe he was as drunk as the reports say. And as far as a car coming towards them at a high rate of speed with lights flashing, that would have to be some exact timing from that vehicle. I was so lucky to have made my dream come true by going to Paris last spring. On our last night there, our tour director took us to the Ritz Hotel and the exact streets Princess Diana took on her last moments. Although we didn't go through the tunnel, as our tour bus was too tall, we took the side street along the tunnel - I got a quick glance in the tunnel and then looked to the side to see the Eiffle Tower. I have to say, 50 some people on the bus suddenly got very quiet thinking about what happened that night and we were now re-stepping the same road. I have to say, cars going through that curvy tunnel are going fast...it was amazing. It would be so easy to lose control.

lostsoul23 Guest
    Personally, I think the whole thing was just a tragic accident. A drunk "limo" driver who was speeding to try and out run the photogs and ran into the wall. JMO.
    I tend to agree with this. It just seems like it was a night of poor choices and the cameras didn't help it any. She was a victim of bad decisions that night. I know I'm in the minority with that idea, but just my thought...

Noelle Page Guest
    I do feel kind of sorry for Dad Fayed, as deluded as he may be. He was beside himself with glee when his boy hooked the biggest catch in the world. And then it all comes crashing down, beyond horror.
    And while I am not a conspiracy nut by any means, this is the one case where I might entertain it just a little. Di was a loose cannon, up to WAY too many "unsuitable" things with big implications, in royal terms.
    I have always fantasized about having a little magic handheld device, where I'd type in a question--like "who killed JFK" and it would just give the answer. :-)

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Recently released photographs - AMAZING photographs - of the Paris Crash can be seen here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5

Also, findadeath pal James sent me this:

Don't know if you have this already, but here's the link to the Official Inquest website. The Queen has given orders for everything to be made public...although I'm cynical enough to know this is just good p.r. and means nothing. Many things will be withheld.

http://www.scottbaker-inquests.gov.uk/index.htm

WoW.... amazing is right.

Thx for sharing

lisalouver Guest
    Does Dodi's Dad still own Harrods? Or did they sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Does Dodi's Dad still own Harrods? Or did they sell it?
    he still owns it
    http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 01-20-2008 at 03:26 AM.

Layla331 Guest

Has this pic already been posted?

I found this surfing around and didnt know if it was already on here somewhere but i figured id post it...it was one of the most shocking id seen and im not sure if its valid or not...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	famousprincessdi.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	3415  

SueWahoo Guest
    I've seen those pics before and, no, that's not Diana. You've probably seen pics of the accident, Diana's car (except for a totaled front-end) was whole. There's nothing left of the car in that picture above.

Layla331 Guest
    I thought it was odd bc the pics on findadeath you can see her face and she still looks pretty..and i saw these and thought huh..thanks..that clears that up

cherryghost Guest
    On one angle the car looks hardly damaged then the other angle of the car shows the absolute devestation of it! The photos are quite amazing to finally see!

Noelle Page Guest

Overtaxed Guest
    I am not saying this to be cruel (and I'm sure there will be backlash to this post), but Mr. Fayad can think and say and accuse all he wants think, but the sad simple truth is they are Dead and NOTHING is ever going to bring his son or Diana back to life. As well as the Goldman family, who continue their crusade to get OJ, what good is all of this accomplishing. What good is bemoaning the deaths of their loved ones, especially after a decade both events. They're loved one are dead! Rather than focus on "what ifs," they need to move on (they can forget), use your energy for something psoitive, but move on...LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING!