Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Errol Flynn

c l p Guest
    see what drinking does to you?

Omerta Guest
    Errol Flynn's Cuban adventures

Mention the name of Errol Flynn, and an image of a larger-than-life, swashbuckling screen hero comes to mind. Or the sly grin of a sexual athlete who sparked the saying: "In like Flynn."

But towards the end of his life, Flynn was at the epicentre of Fidel Castro's Cuban revolution.

It was a surprise to discover the famous actor moonlighted as a newspaper correspondent who wrote a number of articles about his adventures.

His features "Me and Castro" and "I fought with Castro" for the New-York Journal American remained unread for 50 years, buried in the archives of the University Of Texas at Austin's Center for American History.
    I have always been a fan of Flynn's films and believe he was a far better actor than he gave himself credit for.

Errol Flynn was cinema's biggest star from the mid-30s until the late 1940s, thanks to his debut in Captain Blood and a series of swashbuckling epics such as The Sea Hawk, The Dawn Patrol and The Adventures Of Robin Hood.

But even I was unprepared to find the man who was a screen idol as Robin Hood to a generation of movie-goers in the company of revolutionary pin-ups Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. But, ever the hero, he admired those who fought on others' behalf.

I was surprised to find there was a serious side to Flynn - he sympathised with the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, and set off for Spain "to follow in Hemingway's footsteps" in February 1937.

While in Madrid, Flynn condemned the fascist General Franco. He was shelled, survived an aerial attack and narrowly avoided being machine-gunned by an over-enthusiastic Republican.

Errol's daughter Rory Flynn said the public image of her father did not accurately reflect the man who wrote two novels, an autobiography and newspaper reports.

'Swashbuckling hedonist'
    She said: "It is said that he was a swashbuckling hedonist, but my father was a serious man.

"He thought about things, he wrote books, he wrote poems and he wrote documentaries, this is not just something that came about.
    "He wrote for the Hearst (news)papers. I think underneath it all, he was a journalist."

Flynn had been a regular visitor to Batista's Cuba, where the dictator welcomed distinguished tourists, drawn to the island for its brothels and legalised gambling.

By the time he returned to the country in late 1958 with his teenage girlfriend Beverly Aadland, a lifetime of hard-living had taken its toll, and roles were hard to find - although ironically, during the dog days of his career, Flynn gave two of his best-received performances - The Sun Also Rises and The Roots Of Heaven.

Flynn claimed Castro invited him to Cuba at the very dawn of the revolution.

Beverly Aadland said: "Errol had talked to Hearst newspapers in New York about interviewing Castro, and through some contacts in the 'Havana Hilton', went up into the Sierra Mistra mountains to talk to Fidel."
    Beverly was installed at the capital's prestigious Commodore Hotel, while Flynn went off to the mountains with the rebels, spending five days with Castro and interviewing him.

In his articles, he described how Fidel Castro told him that "no American knew him or his brother Raul better than I did" and how he gave Cuba's leader lessons in public speaking.

Castro is quoted as saying to Flynn: "I feel that the citizens will know who you are... and it will cheer them to know that someone from the United States, whom they perhaps have seen on the screen, is interested enough to come and see them."

Flynn also reportedly had a brief encounter with Che Guevara, who did not recognise the bloated and faded film star when they met.
    In other articles he described gun battles and how he was shot in the leg. He also witnessed Castro's swearing-in as president in February 1959.
    But Flynn was criticised for spending time with the rebels, and had to defend his allegiances.

He wrote: "Ever since boyhood I have been drawn, perhaps romantically - to the ideas of causes, crusades."

Beverly said she felt he did not realise Castro would go on to be a Communist.

"I think he was a hero-worshipper, and I think Errol thought that Castro was a good guy trying to free the country for everyday citizens. I guess Castro fooled him too," she said.

Cuban exile and author Carlos Eire said: "At that point when Flynn was there, Castro's policies were purely democratic. His goal was to remove Batista and stabilise the nation politically.

"For a Hollywood actor who has played Robin Hood, could there be any more sort of perfect matchup than Fidel in the mountains fighting against a corrupt dictator?

"Fidel Castro and his men knew how to work the publicity machine, and there was freedom of the press.

"This is one sign of how inefficient Batista's repression was, basically if any foreign journalist or big star like Errol Flynn wanted to go and end up in the mountains, they'd end up there."

Flynn was impressed with the vigour of the revolution, and was behind two films made in Cuba at the time.

Looking bloated and ill, he starred alongside Beverly in Cuban Rebel Girls, in what turned out to be his final film appearance.

'Pathetic swansong'

But the film was panned as "a truly pathetic swansong to a mighty career" by critics.

He also appeared in the documentary he made, Cuban Story, which was a far more substantial piece, and in hindsight, has become one of the key accounts of Castro's revolution.

In the last months of his life, Flynn was beset by financial woes and ill health, his third wife Patrice Wymore wanted to divorce him and he was being sued.

He died in Vancouver, aged 50, on 14 October, 1959, where he and Beverly had travelled to sell his beloved yacht Zaca to try and pay off some of his debts.

Errol Flynn's life was one of contrasts - a star who wanted to be an actor; a legendary hedonist who wanted to be taken seriously as a writer and a man who deliberately placed himself in the heart of two revolutions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8298582.stm

He joking refered to his yacht , Zaca as Co*k Zaca .

Omerta Guest
    Errol's 'Navy Island'

by john on Sun 27 Dec 2009 06:07 AM PST

Hello Fellow Errol Fans,
    Although most of you are familiar with Navy Island and the 'Errol Connection', There are some facts that are not widely known. (At least I was not aware of them until recently) Navy Island has a rich and varied history that goes back to the 1600's. Originally, at that time it was named 'Lynches Island' after being given to Sir Thomas Lynch (the then overseer of that portion of Jamaica) for "Services to the British Crown". In the 1700's, the Royal Navy constructed a small cannon battery to provide crossfire to Fort George, (which is just across the inlet some 200 yrds. or so) The remains of this battery still exist(Photo 1) on the barren N.E. portion of the island. Also constructed were several rough buildings for Naval Stores and a small barracks, and the island took on the name; "Navy Island".

It is worth noting that Captain Bligh himself spent 6 months docked at navy island on his ship, 'Pandora' after returning from Tahiti. This time was spent careening his ship in the shallows, making urgent repairs, offloading some of his Breadfruit specimens to replant in the rich soil, and even exploring for new species of plants. He even collected samples of Ackee fruit and introduced it to the Royal Society of Britain, who gave it it's current name: "Blighia Sapida" in honor of Bligh.

How ironic it is that an island that was once commanded by Capt. Bligh of "Mutiny on the Bounty" fame should end up being owned by one Errol Leslie Flynn, a descendant (by way of his mother) of Midshipman Edward Young who served aboard the HMS Bounty with Fletcher Christian and Capt. Bligh! No doubt it is a small world indeed.

In the early 1800's, the Royal Navy abandoned the island and it passed through several hands, both Govt. and private until Errol sailed into the harbor on that fateful day and fell in love with both the island and the N. coast of Jamaica. Although rumor has it that Errol won the island in either a poker game or a roll of the dice,(Both being very "Errolish") The truth of the matter is that he contacted a local attorney by the name of 'Gossett' and arranged the sale of the 64 acre property for the sum of approx. $80,000 in the winter of 1946. He then purchased the Titchfield Hotel across from Navy Island, and at his wife Patrice's good advice, a very large chunk of prime property in the Boston Bay area from the Lorenzo Baker Dow family. This was the same family that had brought tourism to this part of Jamaica and had built the Titchfield Hotel some 50 yrs. earlier.(another ironic twist)

The island was virtually barren due to various hurricanes which swept over the island unabated, so Errol went about planting Royal and Coconut palm trees(over a hundred) and also planting various vines, flowers and lemon, lime and avocado trees. These still exist, and I helped myself to a half-dozen avocado when I visited there last. The palms still stand and have provided the island with much needed windbreaks so the local fauna has not only survived, but thrived.

Errol also laided out pathways that criss-cross the island. To add to the "paradise" atmosphere, he brought in peacocks and other exotic birds and animals. Later he even brought in chickens, goats, cattle, and even horses to the menagerie. There has also been heated speculation as to whether or not Errol ever built a house there. When I visited there last(oct-nov 2009) I vowed to explore the island by foot and solve this mystery once and for all. Aided by a detailed map and a large photo taken by satellite(Google Earth) I set out. Dear readers, I almost got in over my head! I found the remains of a large house at the S. end of the island, straight up the hill from the now deserted 'Admiralty Club' on the highest part of the island. It looked to have been a fairly large, substantial home with a proper foundation of concrete and a detached kitchen. This was not a 'rude slat house for a caretaker'. There was even a large cistern for storing water nearby. Hmm. So I pressed on. I did not have a machete, (Mistake) so I plowed on as best I could.

Anyone who has not had to make his way through sub-tropical jungle in 90+ degree heat has no idea just how hard it can be. The vines and branches(half of them stinging or poisonous) seem to reach out for you and a person can lose sense of direction very quickly. Add smothering, steaming heat, and you have a bad recipe. By dumb luck, I had brought a large bottle of drinking water and a compass, and believe me, I used them both. I finally made it out to the clear where I continued to the N. end. The foliage got shorter and more stunted until I suddenly broke out to the jagged, windswept cliffs. There I saw the remains of the Battery, but the cannon were long gone. Only a large metal tangent used for aiming remained.(Photo) I circled back around W. till the cliff ran out and jungle began. Having no choice, I dove in again. I saw a huge clearing that looked like a large manicured lawn, and what seemed like the way back. No such luck. The 'lawn' consisted of 3ft. deep vines that made the going impossible. What next?

I turned and made my way to the rocky beach, intending to wade my way out by following the W. coast. It was there I discovered a large concrete foundation.(Photo) I am still puzzled at it's origin. As I went on, I also discovered a fresh-water spring coming out of the side of the hill, and after gingerly testing it, refilled my now empty bottle. The going got easier and firmer and before long, I was in familiar territory on "Trembly Knee Beach". I must confess my own knee's were more than a little 'trembly' at that point. From then, it was a short walk to the pier where a cell phone call brought the boat for the ride back to the mainland, in a tropical, pouring deluge of a rainstorm. Checking my watch, I was surprised that over 5 hrs. had passed! Other than being filthy, exhausted, and humbled by Mother Nature, I was O.K. (Although when I reached my apt., I stripped off my clothes and flopped on the bed in a dead sleep for about 12 hrs. and was sore all over for about two days afterward).

Two months later, I still have the scars on my shins, a new found respect, and a story to tell from this old Errol fan.

http://www.theerrolflynnblog.com/blo...7/4413625.html

I am one of his biggest fans.

However, it must be understood from the outset that he was a selfish, self-centred bastard. Errol came first, second and third, after that everyone else could sort it out for themselves.

He never owned an Island, he never had the financial resource to purchase one. His wife Lili totally drained him financially and with his ongoing battles with the studios over his terms of work, his payments were sporadic. He did buy a property on the Island for sure but he was always battling to finance it.

Trouble with these websites and blogs is they tend to be viewed retrospectively through rose coloured glasses. He was on his arse financially and he was a huge asshole to boot.

Believe about 10% of his autobiography. The circumstances are probably accurate but the actual detail I would consider ropey. This is true of most autobiographies, they are usually self serving.

He was a fine talent though.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-30-2009 at 07:39 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

knothere Guest
    n his house is haunted duno if it still stands riki nelson bot it n his daughter wrote a book about the hauntings in it

I didn't know that BEVERLY AADLAND died 10 days ago, but apparently she did:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...,7266560.story

with ERROL FLYNN in the cult film
    CUBAN REBEL GIRLS (1959).
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    The corpse of John Barrymore, grandfather of Drew, was ??rented? for $200 from the Pierce Brother's Mortuary in Los Angeles, and secretly taken by buddies of his to Errol Flynn's home for a macabre joke. They propped the dead leading man, not yet embalmed, in a chair in Flynn's living room. When Flynn flipped on the light, much to his horror there sat a bloated Barrymore. The sight made him run screaming from his house, only to be told by his ??friends? waiting on the porch that it was a gag.

http://www.morbid-curiosity.com/id170.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    The corpse of John Barrymore, grandfather of Drew, was ??rented? for $200 from the Pierce Brother's Mortuary in Los Angeles, and secretly taken by buddies of his to Errol Flynn's home for a macabre joke. They propped the dead leading man, not yet embalmed, in a chair in Flynn's living room. When Flynn flipped on the light, much to his horror there sat a bloated Barrymore. The sight made him run screaming from his house, only to be told by his ??friends? waiting on the porch that it was a gag.

Yeah, we've posted that one on here before.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...more#post19980

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yeah, we've posted that one on here before.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...more#post19980

It was in David Niven's book 'The moon is a balloon'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dirk diggler Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzNN4IMyx8

Convict state
    It just don't rate
    He want to get higher
    Apple Isle, the inbred smile
    He's going to get by'a
    His mother's hand
    He could not stand
    He left for the islands
    To fish and hunt
    He take a punt
    The New Guinea Highlands

Ohhh Errol
    I would give everything just to be like him

He had to go
    The Sirocco
    He's sailin the high seas
    Hollywood, Captain Blood
    He's billing the Nazi's
    Took a rebel stand
    Contraband
    Coast of Mexico
    He want to pounce
    Like an animal
    To girls he just can't say no

Ohhh Errol
    I would give everything just to be like him(x2)

He had them all
    Screamin for more
    He play the wild scene
    Ah scandalise, no compromise
    He's down on his knees
    Swashbuckling
    He was the King
    The toast of Tinseltown
    They build him up
    They took it all
    And then they just cut him down

Ohhh Errol
    I would give everything just to be like him(x2)

Dont tell me its true
    I dont wanna hear about it (4x)

Ohhh Errol
    I would give everything just to be like him(4x)

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    I borrowed the book "Errol Flynn -The Untold Story" from the library the other day.....I was nicely working my way through the second chapter and found scrawled in pencil on the last page of the chapter - "I think this is about 90% bullsh*t". LOL
    Can anyone recommend a book about Errol that isn't full of #2??!!?? Would appreciate any suggestions!

Some rare color shots of ERROL ... ... ...

& some rare B/W ones ... ... ...

I'm quite certain that the woman with him here is PAULETTE GODDARD

'

Gorey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

Handsome [SIZE=4]ERROL FLYNN[/SIZE];
    All of the above are from the mid to late 1930s.
    Doesn't he look like a young Cary Elwes?? Or am I crazy??

james1977 Guest
    Flynn was cool. Everyone liked him. I remember hearing about when Robert Evans was cast as a bullfighter in "The Sun Also Rises " a great movie. The rest of the lame actors and actresses organized a petition that was to be signed by everyone that stated they wanted Robert Evans to be fired. He wasn't right for the part. The petition was given to Errol Flynn to sign it and he just laughed. He refused to sign it. Now, that's a cool dude. Who wouldn't want to have a beer with Errol Flynn.

orionova Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorey View Post
    Doesn't he look like a young Cary Elwes?? Or am I crazy??
    Actually, yes, I can see the resemblance.

RonPrice Guest

Some Thoughts on the Passing of Errol Flynn: 20/6/'09

ERROL FLYNN AND ME
    Two Very Different Autobiographies

Errol Flynn, an Australian-born film actor, was popular for his romantic and action roles in Hollywood films and also for his flamboyant lifestyle. Flynn was born in Hobart Tasmania more than 100 years ago, on 20 June 1909.1 I write a prose-poem as a sort of quasi-eulogistic, personal reminiscence, personal reflection on Flynn, my life and our respective ways and beliefs on the 100th anniversary of his passing. Today I revised that piece after watching Tasmanian Devil: The Fast and Furious Life of Errol Flynn.2

Flynn was born three months after the wooden casket containing the sacred remains of the Báb were placed in a marble sarcophagus in Haifa Israel inside what is now the Shrine of the Báb. Flynn died the day, or perhaps it was the week, that I joined the Bahá'* Faith, the religion which the Báb had come to announce, much like John the Baptist had done in preparing the way for the coming of Jesus two thousand years before. Flynn died on 14 October 1959. ??Ron Price, 1Pioneering Over Four Epochs, 20 June 2009; and 2ABC1 TV, 11:30 p.m.-12:25 a.m., 10 & 11 January 2012.

You were getting famous, Errol,
    right at the start of that teaching
    Plan, in those entre deux guerres1
    years....your first novel came out
    in the first year of that teaching
    Plan---1937---and you were still
    getting your name in lights when
    I was getting into the new religion
    that came into town back in those
    1950s when rock-??n-roll started.?.
    words for Negroes and genitalia
    were no-nos and that superficial
    cultural propriety prevailed.1

My autobiography will not be as
    compelling as yours-My Wicked
    Wicked Ways-released just before
    Christmas when I was fifteen, still
    in love with Susan Gregory & never
    having heard of you or your book....

You pulled no punches about your
    convictions, obsessions, addictions,
    Errol, but your exaggerations, your
    entertainment and shock makes the
    work ahistorical and a confirmation
    of the view that it is impossible to
    write autobiography that is really a
    true history. Tonight??s biopic told a
    story, though, of how you were dead
    at 50 and wrote a most compelling &
    appalling autobiography by anyone in
    Hollywood or in any other time/place.3

1 A French expression for ??the years between WWI and WW2??
    2 D.T. Miller and M. Nowak, The Fifties: The Way We Really Were, Doubleday & Co. Ltd., NY, 1977, p. 302.
    3 According to one literary critic, Flynn??s autobiography "remains one of the most compelling and appalling works written by a Hollywood star, or anyone else for that matter.? In the late 1950s, just before his death, Flynn met and courted the 15-year-old Beverly Aadland.-Simon Caterson, "Genius for living driven by lust for death", Australian Literary Review, 3 June 2009, retrieved 6 June 2009: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story

Ron Price
    20 June 2009 and
    Updated on: 11 January 2012

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrian View Post
    I love the earlier films of Errol Flynn. I've heard that in his prime he had a place in the Hollywood Hills that was a notorious haven for his slutty activities. Wild parties, etc. It think he bought the place because it was supposedly haunted. Who were some of his party buds? And did he really swing both ways or is that just a rumor? Also that he liked those movies with tights for more than one reason? lol

However he lived he sure looked bad at 50 or so when he bit it. He must have lived hard. ANyone know what did him in?
    Probably not having enough strength anymore to cope with all the lies and half-truths spread about him.

So more "supposeds", not enough facts. The man has his reputation and life put over the coals; never mind that he didn't do most of the things he's been accused of.

People seem surprised when I write this.

I had to share this story:

My fourteen year old daughter was watching AMC and Flynn came on. She watched for about five minutes, turned to me, and said, "Sorry, Mommy- but DAAAAMMMNNN." I had to laugh. She loves Clark Gable and Errol Flynn. What am I to do with this child?

Starstruck Guest
    Good old Errol " Here for a good time not a long time "

Murphee Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    I had to share this story:

My fourteen year old daughter was watching AMC and Flynn came on. She watched for about five minutes, turned to me, and said, "Sorry, Mommy- but DAAAAMMMNNN." I had to laugh. She loves Clark Gable and Errol Flynn. What am I to do with this child?
    Smart cookie!

DD22 Guest
    Just saw this pic online today, thought I would share...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFlynnCoffin.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	47116

Actor Errol Flynn's coffin on Los Angeles Union Station train platform. Oct. 19, 1959.

Quote Originally Posted by DD22 View Post
    Just saw this pic online today, thought I would share...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFlynnCoffin.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	47116

Actor Errol Flynn's coffin on Los Angeles Union Station train platform. Oct. 19, 1959.
    Looks like a packing crate. Probably apt actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn he was hot and so is his grandson. I had heard that Cary Elwes's character in The Princess Bride was modeled after Flynn.

Everso Guest
    Thanks for the book recommendations. I've never read a book about Flynn, but have read several stores/snippets over the years- all very fascinating!! I've heard about the two way mirrors at his house too. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott resembles him? I always thought he'd be the perfect choice to play him in a movie? *hides* http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/de...ermott_5274161

radiojane Guest
    I would NOT recommend the Charles Higham bio. Gawd it was bad.

Bunratty Guest
    My wife likes Flynn, Cary Grant, Alain Delon from the old days

She always says "they are men - not boys"

AllyBerens Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Everso View Post
    Thanks for the book recommendations. I've never read a book about Flynn, but have read several stores/snippets over the years- all very fascinating!! I've heard about the two way mirrors at his house too. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott resembles him? I always thought he'd be the perfect choice to play him in a movie? *hides* http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/de...ermott_5274161
    I just watched a Flynn movie and just went searching info on McDermott because I also saw the resemblance I am going to keep searching would be interesting to know.

bethj99 Guest
    errols mother lived in brighton uk not far from where l used to live

Everso Guest
    AllyBerns: I wasn't sure if anyone would agree They're making a movie about Flynn, but Kevin Kline got the role

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I Loved his son Sean Flynn. He also got the good looks:
    On 6 April 1970, while travelling by motorcycle in the Cambodian countryside, Flynn and Dana Stone (on assignment for Time magazine and CBS News respectively) were captured by communist guerrillas. They were never heard from again

This is Errol's young Grandsons Website Also:

http://www.seanflynn.org/seanflynn.html

Luke Flynn...another Grandson who is a Model. Errol had fantastic Genetics!
    oh my *fans self* those certainly are some good genes

the last days of Errol Flynn. Good article.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...-in-vancouver/

The most interesting Hollywood actor ever.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFcq61GGw8
    Tasmanian Devil: The Fast and Furious Life of Errol Flynn

A fitting documentary shows Errol Flynn's unsurpassed good look, grace, zest for life, inner strength and resourcefulness. Please watch it and you will not be disappointed for you will discover an unique and one-of-a-kind individual just like I did. 
    Last edited by Drew; 07-20-2014 at 08:22 AM.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the last days of Errol Flynn. Good article.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...-in-vancouver/
    Thanks for the link cash. Interesting article. Ewwww about the genital warts. Hard to believe he was only 50 when he died. He looked so much older.

Giada Guest
    His wife fared far better ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_Wymore
    Following Flynn's death, Wymore returned to acting, mostly in summer stock musicals such as Carnival!, Guys and Dolls, Irma La Douce, and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]2[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] She made a memorable appearance as Adele Elkstrom, Frank Sinatra's girlfriend, in the hit film Ocean's 11 in 1960.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]1[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]
    She made three guest appearances on Perry Mason. In 1963 she appeared twice: as Maureen Norland in "The Case of the Libelous Locket," and as Jane Alder in "The Case of the Badgered Brother." In 1965 she played murder victim and title character Victoria Dawn in "The Case of the Murderous Mermaid." That year she was also cast in the short-lived soap opera Never Too Young, and in 1966 she appeared in the film Chamber of Horrors.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]1[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] Her last appearance was on the television series F Troop in 1967 after which she retired.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]3[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]
    Flynn had left her a 2,000-acre (8.1 km[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE]) coconut plantation near Castle, in the parish of Portland, Jamaica, as well as a mansion and a cattle ranch. After her retirement she returned to Jamaica, where she opened a boutique and wicker furniture manufacturing business.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]2[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] She continued to be active in Flynn's estate, and often appeared at dedications in his honor up to the time of her death. Her grandson Luke noted 'she was as passionate about her farm as much as the movies'.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]4[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]
    After suffering with a pulmonary disease for a year, Wymore, aged 87, died of natural causes in Portland, Jamaica, on March 22, 2014.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]5[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] She is survived by her grandson Luke Flynn who remembered her as 'a tough, resilient and elegant woman'.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]4[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    There's a new movie coming out about Errol Flynn. It's about the end of his life and the affair with the last girl he was with. Kevin Kline(Resemblance is scary) plays him and Dakota Fanning plays the girl. It's called The Last Of Robin Hood. Here's the trailer

Kevin Kline Perfect casting, they got it right for a change.....

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Kevin Kline Perfect casting, they got it right for a change.....
    It seems like Kline has played Flynn before. I could be mistaken. Maybe in Chaplin? I'll check. But you're right, perfect casting. Fanning is perfect too. The pic of Flynn and the girl at the pool. Fanning looks just like her.

Checked and I was kinda close. Kline played Douglas Fairbanks in Chaplin.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    There's a new movie coming out about Errol Flynn. It's about the end of his life and the affair with the last girl he was with. Kevin Kline(Resemblance is scary) plays him and Dakota Fanning plays the girl. It's called The Last Of Robin Hood. Here's the trailer
    This looks really good! Thanks for the info.

Tracy Nelson, daughter of Rick Nelson, told the story of when they lived in the old manse Errol Flynn lived in and things went downhill in their family from there. She said he haunted the place and was really creeped out by him. The house eventually burned down to the ground.

http://catierhodes.com/2011/06/errol-flynns-ghost/

seeksghosts.blogspot.com
    Last edited by DesertGypsy; 08-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.

death pic: just found a pic of him in the morgue.. i haven't seen this pic before..

http://afewtastefulsnaps.net/?p=1118

Quote Originally Posted by c l p View Post
    see what drinking does to you?
    Saves you from a boring life.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by viki View Post
    death pic: just found a pic of him in the morgue.. i haven't seen this pic before..

http://afewtastefulsnaps.net/?p=1118
    Certainly looks like him. Thanks for sharing, viki.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

As a minor side-light, there was a radio host in Australia named Jack Davey. He came to Australia from New Zealand in the early 1930s, and soon became the country's most popular performer - by 1957 he was doing five different radio shows a week (which held the top five ratings spots), three different TV shows, newsreel commentary, and personal appearances. He was huge.

He often claimed to have shared a Sydney flat with Errol in the early 1930s. My own research suggests that it never happened - by the time Jack arrived in Sydney, Errol was already in New Guinea.

But.... they both died on the same day - October 14th 1959.

50. 12-23-2018, 11:51 AM

51. 12-23-2018, 12:17 PM