Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Errol Flynn

Amberlights Guest
    If there are two stars who's looks showed the ravages of years of alcohol & drug abuse, it's Errol Flynn & Judy Garland. She too, looked much older than her 47 yrs.

rms5025 Guest

Rick Nelson

Happy New Year to all my friends here on FAD. In his post for Rick Nelson last month, Scott mentioned that a murder took place in the living room in Rick's old Mullholland dr. home. Errol Flynn had occupied had the home built and lived there untill his death. I'm wondering who it was that died in the living room ( ..."a horrific murder of a young woman") ? I've not found that information any where on the Internet as yet. Anyone know the time frame in wich this happened and who the young woman in question was ? Thanks.
    Rob
    Last edited by rms5025; 01-03-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Amberlights Guest
    Don't know about a murder in the house. But Flynn didn't live there until his death. He had to give over that property to his first wife years before he died, & spent the decade of the 50's living on his yacht around Europe & also lived in Jamaica. He bought property there, & his widow still lives on the Flynn Estate in Jamaica. I guess she has been trying to sell it for a while now.

rms5025 Guest

Errol Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Amberlights View Post
    Don't know about a murder in the house. But Flynn didn't live there until his death. He had to give over that property to his first wife years before he died, & spent the decade of the 50's living on his yacht around Europe & also lived in Jamaica. He bought property there, & his widow still lives on the Flynn Estate in Jamaica. I guess she has been trying to sell it for a while now.
    I stand corrected. That's what happens when I do things in a hurry. I remember that now ... Errol's ex-wife got that house. Scott mentioned that the place was vacant for quite a while before it was leveled by fire. The murder of the young woman may have happened during that time.

knothere Guest
    r there any pics of errol taking out one of or all three of his wives?
    or was the youngin the armcandy

leevancleef Guest

Errol with tiny, beautiful Lili Damita(first wife). How i envy her, he was with him when he was the most handsome actor in Hollywood. To wake up and look at that perfect face by your side.... sighs....

Errol with second wife Norah Eddington and one of his daughters.

leevancleef Guest
    The Unforgettable Mr Flynn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXvtqyhWF6w

What a hunk....

Amberlights Guest
    I love that video combined with Dinah Washington's song. He was breathtakingly gorgeous in Captain Blood. The pirate costume looked great on him. So did the Gen. Custer look, with the long hair & fringe leather coat in They Died with Their Boots on.

That second photo looks more like Patrice Wymore & their daugther Arnella. Patrice & Nora sometimes looked similiar. Here's another set of all 3 wives:

[SIZE=-1]Flynn's three wives (not at the same time!):
    Lili Damita, Nora Eddington, and Patrice Wymore[/SIZE]

Amberlights Guest
    For the Flynn fans on here, you might like checking out this website. So many articles & photos collected over the years:

http://www.cernstharth.com/flynn/pefc

leevancleef Guest
    For the Flynn fans on here, you might like checking out this website. So many articles & photos collected over the years:

http://www.cernstharth.com/flynn/pefc
    Thanks SO MUCH Amber

PvN73 Guest
    They were great pics posted!!! Guy Pierce played him in the Australian Movie Flynn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116330/

pattykad Guest
    Whoa, I don't know how I missed this thread. I've read every book on
    Flynn and David Niven that I could get my hands on. Flynn was the
    BEST looking actor ever and had style and class. And he was
    interesting, unlike so many bland actors today. Thanks for those
    photos and links. I'm so intriqued by the Mulholland and Jamaica
    estates. So sad about Mulholland, huh?

My cat is named Flynn....next kitten will be Niven.

It's hard to equate the photos of a 50 Flynn with the young
    Flynn .

leevancleef Guest

Errol Flynn with Fidel Castro.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I'm reading a book right now on Gays in Hollywood. In the book it details how Errol Flynn and Lili Damita had a "Lavender" marriage. It states that Errol was Bisexual and Lili was primarily Lesbian.

I also read about Sean; what a Horrible way to go...I think it's always sad when a body is never found there is no closure there.

Errol's Grandson is on the Nick Show Zoey 101. I don't see much of a resemblance though.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Bump! Just because he was so hot lol.

I read that he failed every physical exam for the military branches and that is why he wasn't in WWII. Also heard he had TB, any backing to these claims?

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefd439ZJ9GkBB2SjzbkF/SIG=12psk47q4/EXP=1238905080/**http%3A//www.funkyafro.com/junk/12-2004/Hot-and-Dead/Errol_Flynn-03.jpg[/IMG]

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    From what I know, he was a womanizer, heavy drinker, and like drugs. He had a taste for teenage girls that got him into alot of trouble with the law. He looked bad because he drink himself to death. He actually had a heart attack at some party and died. As to whether he liked guys, I wouldn't be surprised, he lived a pretty hedonistic life.
    I read that the rape case against Errol Flynn took it's toll on him.
    He actually thought of committing suicide during that time period
    instead he bought a boat.

In other words Flynn was not all that thick-skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

Handsome [SIZE=4]ERROL FLYNN[/SIZE];

All of the above are from the mid to late 1930s.
    The second picture, my god he was gorgeous.

ShockDoc Guest
    Talk about a chick magnet.

There's a video of Flynn from 1959, after he had been in Cuba with Castro, as a mystery guest on a Canadian show. The panelists have to guess who he is (he is hidden from them & disguises his voice.....amusing stuff), afterwards it goes into his thoughts about the Cuban Revolution & Castro.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zyuk5eCuvH0

thanks for posting this.

i've seen his may 26 1957 appearence on What's My Line?,and he appeared much,much,worse than on this show.

appeared drunk,lighting one cigarette off the other,while still remaining somewhat charming.

as grungegirl asks about his having TB,i don't know,but he sure seemed like something else was wrong with him than just smoking and drinking.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 04-04-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

There were quite a few accounts from his contemporaries that mentioned that ERROL liked to watch his friends during sex. It said that he liked to see the mens rearends thrusting away; the insinuation apparent.

Weird. I always think I have a bit of Errol Flynn in me. I am exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I also read about Sean; what a Horrible way to go...I think it's always sad when a body is never found there is no closure there.
    Horst Faas and Tim Page eventually found his grave. In fact of the nine in the party that ventured over the border into Cambodia that day, only the Japanese journalist remains missing.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You got one way mirrors in the guest room ceilings with an extensive gantry walkway system in the roof as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    thanks for posting this.

i've seen his may 26 1957 appearence on What's My Line?,and he appeared much,much,worse than on this show.

appeared drunk,lighting one cigarette off the other,while still remaining somewhat charming.

as grungegirl asks about his having TB,i don't know,but he sure seemed like something else was wrong with him than just smoking and drinking.
    He had TB as well as Malaria from his days in New Guinea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I have read that victims of TB act strange at times?
    Could be the meds they were given in the old days?
    Vivien Leigh had TB and it has been speculated that her
    medication could have been responsible for her strange
    behavior. (she was also bi-polar)
    I never knew that Errol Flynn had TB. Wow!

screamdream Guest
    Errol's daughter Rory....

Errol's grandson (Rory's son) is a member of the cast of Nickelodeon's Zoey 101 with Britney Spears' sister.

james1977 Guest

Flynn Was In

Bobpeck,

Yes, I have read that book. I agree, it was great reading. I've also read Errol & Me by his 2nd wife, Nora Eddington, Errol Flynn a Memoir, by Earl Conrad, & am currently reading My Days with Errol Flynn, by his friend & movie stuntman Buster Wiles. I'll be getting his daughter Rory's book, The Baron of Mulholland, showing the family man side of him.
    Errol Flynn looked damn good.Even us who are not gay,noticed.They had Jude Law play Errol Flynn is some movie and I said,he doesn't come close to looking as good as Errol Flynn.All of the men wanted to be him and all the girls wanted him.He was a cool cat too.I read that the other actors wanted him to sign a document to kick Robert Evans off as the lead actor in some movie.And Errol Flynn refused to sign and just laughed.That's a cool cat in my book.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KELT

There were quite a few accounts from his contemporaries that mentioned that ERROL liked to watch his friends during sex. It said that he liked to see the mens rearends thrusting away; the insinuation apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Call me later tonight , ok ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Here's another pic of Flynn & his teenage girlfriend:

No he didn't age well at all. When you consider how completely handsome he was in his 20s and yet by 35 he looked a good ten years older. All of that hard living; Booze & dope took their toll. Supposedly the pathologist' report from the autopsy said that although FLYNN was 50 at the time of his death, his organs looked like they belonged to a man in his 80s.
    AADLAND, he must've been into that because of her firm young flesh. She looks like an eastern European; Like a Russian. She has a hard looking face and crappy looking hair.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

SistaSara Guest
    Evening @ The Barn Errol Flynn Slept Here: -- Inside the Lover's Lair

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
    7:30 pm

The Hollywood Heritage Museum
    in the Lasky-DeMille Barn
    2100 North Highland Avenue
    (Across from the Hollywood Bowl)

Free Parking, Refreshments available
    Evening @ the Barn presents an author talk, short video presentation and book-signing of the newly-released Errol Flynn Slept Here, by Robert Matzen and Michael Mazzone. They will be joined this evening by Flynn's friend and houseguest, actor/writer/producer Steve Hayes, who will share reminiscences of Flynn. Matzen and Mazzone will tell the story of Flynn's famous house, Mulholland Farm, from its inception at the height of Flynn's fame to its loss to back taxes in 1955. It was later owned by radio star and songwriter Stuart Hamblen and finally by singer Rick Nelson. A short video detailing Flynn and the house will be shown, and copies of Errol Flynn Slept Here will be available for purchase, as will another book describing Flynn, Googie's: Coffee Shop to the Stars (BearManor Media, 2008) by Steve Hayes.
    On the 100th anniversary of Flynn’s birth, authors Robert Matzen and Michael Mazzone tell this remarkable story for the first time, revealing the peep holes, two-way mirrors, secret passageways, wild parties, and bodysnatching. Errol Flynn lived in this house during his most prosperous years at Warner Brothers—and through the course of the rape trial that would eventually ruin him, as well as the haunting of Mulholland Farm as described by the people who lived in this, the most notorious house in Hollywood.
    Hayes, a bit player in the 1950s, became a screenwriter, contributing the original story to the H.G. Wells feature film Time After Time (1979, Malcolm McDowell & Mary Steenburgen) and working in television. He documented his close association with Flynn, James Dean, Ava Gardner, and other Hollywood superstars in the two-volume Googies: Coffeeshop to the Stars (BearManor Media, 2008). Hayes attended some of Flynn’s Mulholland parties, spent a month living at Flynn's house and also went out with him on the town. He said, “I remember, along with celebrities I met and the ritzy places I went with Errol, meeting more attractive swooning girls than I ever dreamed existed. They literally swarmed around him.”
    Errol Flynn Slept Here (GoodKnight Books, 2009) spans the life and death of Mulholland Farm, the elegant—and infamous—mountaintop showplace built by film star Errol Flynn at the height of his fame. It’s a story that spans five continents and includes Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, Fidel Castro, Humphrey Bogart, Shirley Temple, Clark Gable, Billy Graham, Johnny Cash, Roy Rogers, the Rolling Stones, and—of course—the three owners of Mulholland Farm: wicked Errol Flynn; Christian singer, songwriter, and radio star Stuart Hamblen; and rock ’n’ roll legend Rick Nelson. The house was demolished in 1988.
    Admission Sold Only at the Door.
    Arrive early: seating at the Barn is limited to 120 persons.
    Price:
    Hollywood Heritage Members: $5.00
    Non-members $8.00

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Oh my dear sweet lord, is that really HIM? The girlfriend looks like a hot little punk-rock bitch, ahead of her time! Courtney Love, lol

She did! Very Nancy Spungen, lol.

MoonRabbit Guest

Robbing the cradle just a little bit?

I read but don't know if it is true that Flynn used to
    park near high schools to check out the young girls?

Grungegirl83 Guest
    I don't think he was a bad person per say, but 50 years old with a 15 year old is sick.

Nicki Guest
    I Loved his son Sean Flynn. He also got the good looks:
    On 6 April 1970, while travelling by motorcycle in the Cambodian countryside, Flynn and Dana Stone (on assignment for Time magazine and CBS News respectively) were captured by communist guerrillas. They were never heard from again

This is Errol's young Grandsons Website Also:

http://www.seanflynn.org/seanflynn.html

Luke Flynn...another Grandson who is a Model. Errol had fantastic Genetics!
    Last edited by Nicki; 04-14-2009 at 12:08 PM.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post

Robbing the cradle just a little bit?

I read but don't know if it is true that Flynn used to
    park near high schools to check out the young girls?

I think David Niven mentioned that in his autobiography. Even though he and Flynn were friends he also said (of Flynn) "he would ALWAYS let you down."

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I read a book in the 1970's that said he suffered from terrible hemorrhoids!
    They were so bad he used to treat them with a mixture of cocaine and water.
    That seemed bizarre to me since my grandfather had hemorrhoid surgery in the 1920's.?

ShockDoc Guest
    I went through the house in mid '86, the last owner having been Rick Nelson, who'd died the previous New Year's Eve.. The weeds outside were knee high. After hopping the main gate, I entered through a glass french door on the patio that had a large bottom pane broken out. It's a long story, but i DID find the 2 way (or is it 1 way?) mirror in the downstairs bedroom ceiling, which was huge (the bedroom).Above the bedroom was an attic and a trapdoor covered the spot where they observed from. When I lifted up the trapdoor and saw the mirror, it had been spray-painted over to discourage lookers. There's a lot more to the story, but that's all i have time for now. I probably took 3 or 4 people up there over about a 1 year period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    On 6 April 1970, while travelling by motorcycle in the Cambodian countryside, Flynn and Dana Stone (on assignment for Time magazine and CBS News respectively) were captured by communist guerrillas. They were never heard from again
    They were with 7 others who were following in a mini-van. This never gets reported.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

leevancleef Guest
    His grandson Luke is a gorgeous guy. What a family...

Anybody has seen Errol in the 1957 film "The sun also rises", costarring with Ava Gardner and Tyrone Power? He looks so old, so wasted... i cant believe he was 48 , he looked like a 65 year old man.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Anyone know of any good books on Errol? I'm on a summer reading binge right now!

Nelliebean Guest

He can play in my ocean anytime! Woof!

pattykad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    Anyone know of any good books on Errol? I'm on a summer reading binge right now!
    Have you read any yet? I enjoyed the one written by his friend...someone mentioned it here....something like My Life With Errol Flynn. Lots of
    Mulholland memories in it.

Wow, he's lush! I have started reading about Errol and he was a good looking man and I can see why girls fancied him.....yet his Grandson is HOT!

Yowza! A hot kid, fer sure!! (yes I'm a cougar)

radiojane Guest
    I read through this thread ages ago, so I just skimmed today, so if this tidbit has been shared previously, you may all line up to beat on me.

According to Orson Welles, when they were filming Roots of Heaven on location, Darryl Zanuck had to buy a new hospital wing for the the (I think Mexican), village they were in to keep the nuns that ran it providing Flynn with the heroin he needed to get through the day.

Not surprising, but interesting.

"I'm in like Flynn"

Aye caramba!! That man is too hot, even for that ocean!! Ooh I see his pelvic line....I would love to trace that..a-ha nevermind... Definitely got the looks from Grandpa for sure!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

deathhagcutie Guest
    good gawd, that man is Andonis in the flesh!!

Taggerez Guest
    Charles Higham's book Errol Flynn: The Untold Story (1979) that claims Flynn was a Nazi spy is an utter damn lie. I remember that lying bastard galavanting across the country doing interviews for his pile of manure. Higham quoted documents selectively, twisted witnesses' words and used guilt by association to turn a quick buck at the dead Flynn's expense.

Not a credible shred of evidence exists of Flynn being homosexual either. I think it's more likley he was a spy than queer.

I liked him in The Sun Also Rises even if he was waaaaaay too old for the role. "Bung ho, old boy!"

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    Charles Higham's book Errol Flynn: The Untold Story (1979) that claims Flynn was a Nazi spy is an utter damn lie. I remember that lying bastard galavanting across the country doing interviews for his pile of manure. Higham quoted documents selectively, twisted witnesses' words and used guilt by association to turn a quick buck at the dead Flynn's expense.

Not a credible shred of evidence exists of Flynn being homosexual either. I think it's more likley he was a spy than queer.

I liked him in The Sun Also Rises even if he was waaaaaay too old for the role. "Bung ho, old boy!"
    I found him sad in the Sun also Rises , though brilliant, because he seemed like he was playing himself. He was only 48 years old in that movie but he looked like he was in his 50s. I think that character needed to be older than the others to work. If he looked his age, 48, he would have been perfect.
    I don't belive the spy or the gay stories ( not that there is anything wrong with that as Seinfeld would say).
    I heard that after he had the issue with the paternity suit that women kept trying to get on his boat etc with photographers hoping for the same payday.
    I think he was a lovely, handsome man.
    Regards,
    Mary

c l p Guest
    now that is a man. what ever happened to men like that? you could just melt in those eyes.(sigh)