Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 210

Thread: The Suicide Forest - Warning! Dead Pics!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    They sat there and filmed that instead of trying to help them???
    1) I highly doubt someone was behind the camera the whole time. They just set them up, and some days, there was someone there, some days, there wasn't. Or at least, that's my guess.

    2) They weren't ON the bridge filming. They were off the bridge. All you can do at that point is call the cops, but even then, half the time, they don't get there fast enough to do anything about it.

    3) If someone wants to die, they will find a way to do it. No matter what obstacle you attempt to put in their way.

    Not trying to be rude, but unfortunately, those are the facts of life.
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leicestershire, England.
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    Attachment 13179

    Oh no..this place isn't scary at all.....
    yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...
    Brilliant pic

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    This thread is really interesting.. thanks for letting us know about this place. Too bad Japan is a billion miles away and I don't do planes. :/ I would really love to go. I wish someone here really would go for a visit and take tons of pics..

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Holy cow those raccoons are huge!!


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    They sat there and filmed that instead of trying to help them???
    They did try to help quite a number, but the cameras were really quite far away from the bridge. There's a a whole thread here on this forum about it. It's a very cool, but very sad, movie.

    Duster, thanks for the info on the Sea of Trees. There's just something about Japanese spirits/folklore that gets to me.

    Also, I almost didn't recognize your posts because you changed your avatar! Who was that on the previous one?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK.
    Posts
    4,807
    When you said help them I first pictured " Okay just throw the rope over I'll hold this end"
    Death Hags Unite

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    467
    oh thank you for the beautiful pics. i could just sit and look at this place all day. its sad that such a place has such a history

  8. #108

    this fits several threads, but I THINK this was the 1 I was reading...

    I just finished watching "The Bridge". I dunno...I feel compelled to tell a story.

    Some 12 years ago...probably longer...I noticed some changes with my mother. All of a sudden she would show up at my place, give some excuse, & stay a week at a time. I was seperated from my baby mama, living alone, no steady girlfriend. There was a time my father came looking for her...& she hid in the back bathroom while I explained that yes...mom was here, & asked what happened that she was staying with me. I got a passing explanation...we confronted her, & they went home.

    In April 1999, my mother was supposed to be looking after my daughter out at the retirement cottage, probably Easter week. When I arrived to claim my daughter at the end of the week, I found my mother in bed, claiming she was tired. Upon further questions to my daughter, Grandma hadn't been herself. My 4 year old girl had to scavenge the fridge because Gramma was tired & in bed most of the time. Mom dozed in bed while I went about the place.

    Shortly thereafter, mom was diagnosed with leukemia...and died within a month. It wasn't until some late night talks with my sisters, that I learned that the periods she ran to my home, were result of a suicidal tendency. She had wanted to end her life over her gambling addiction....she blew through money like water on VLT's. Her method of choice was car exhaust/garage...had even got to the point of driving up to the garage with full intention, but chickened out. I'm assuming when she did resist, she fled to my place.

    I have a strange recollection that when mom was diagnosed....in a way, she was relieved. She wouldn't have to do the deed herself. Blood cancer would seal her fate. 10 years she's gone now...seems like yesterday at times.

    My sister has had some mental issues since, & with my father dieing a couple of years ago...things aren't that great with her. My other two sisters seem to be OK. I'm fine (I think). Granted, I don't express emotion that easily.

    I would never had typed this out without watching the aforementioned movie. It just got my mind going tonight...

    Hugs,
    Rah

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,411
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post


    How beautiful and so serene looking.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,594
    Who has the concession for rope at the edge of the forest? They must make a **fortune**!

    I have mental pictures of people trudging into the forest with their coils of rope, most wearing jeans, and considerately parking in outlying areas of the lot marked for suicides, so that daytrippers can park closer, and the suicide's family can more easily figure out what happened to them....

    How bizarre!

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    H-Town,Texas
    Posts
    756
    Here's a pic I posted on "The Bridge" thread....thought it was weird

    !!!

  12. #112
    The phrase "pretty wicked" comes to mind about the Sea of Trees.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Very boring Maryland
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by rahboni View Post
    I just finished watching "The Bridge". I dunno...I feel compelled to tell a story.

    Some 12 years ago...probably longer...I noticed some changes with my mother. All of a sudden she would show up at my place, give some excuse, & stay a week at a time. I was seperated from my baby mama, living alone, no steady girlfriend. There was a time my father came looking for her...& she hid in the back bathroom while I explained that yes...mom was here, & asked what happened that she was staying with me. I got a passing explanation...we confronted her, & they went home.

    In April 1999, my mother was supposed to be looking after my daughter out at the retirement cottage, probably Easter week. When I arrived to claim my daughter at the end of the week, I found my mother in bed, claiming she was tired. Upon further questions to my daughter, Grandma hadn't been herself. My 4 year old girl had to scavenge the fridge because Gramma was tired & in bed most of the time. Mom dozed in bed while I went about the place.

    Shortly thereafter, mom was diagnosed with leukemia...and died within a month. It wasn't until some late night talks with my sisters, that I learned that the periods she ran to my home, were result of a suicidal tendency. She had wanted to end her life over her gambling addiction....she blew through money like water on VLT's. Her method of choice was car exhaust/garage...had even got to the point of driving up to the garage with full intention, but chickened out. I'm assuming when she did resist, she fled to my place.

    I have a strange recollection that when mom was diagnosed....in a way, she was relieved. She wouldn't have to do the deed herself. Blood cancer would seal her fate. 10 years she's gone now...seems like yesterday at times.

    My sister has had some mental issues since, & with my father dieing a couple of years ago...things aren't that great with her. My other two sisters seem to be OK. I'm fine (I think). Granted, I don't express emotion that easily.

    I would never had typed this out without watching the aforementioned movie. It just got my mind going tonight...

    Hugs,
    Rah

    What a sad story, I hope that your mom found peace in the afterlife. It is a very sad legacy to leave for your children. I think your are OK too. You are at least healthy enough to question it. That shows sanity. I know I am nutty, thats how I know I am doing ok.

  14. #114
    This sounds like it would be a great subject matter for that show "Paranormal State"!!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Azusa, California
    Posts
    8,204
    I want to visit this "haunted" suicide forest...and experience these "strange" happenings...

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinoys
    Posts
    123
    Here's that paranormal show on the forest through Sci Fi - I'll be watching it later tonight - yay!

    http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32856

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by steph81202 View Post
    What a sad story, I hope that your mom found peace in the afterlife. It is a very sad legacy to leave for your children. I think your are OK too. You are at least healthy enough to question it. That shows sanity. I know I am nutty, thats how I know I am doing ok.
    Thanks steph...

    The suicide thing never seemed so real until then. Listening to the people talk about their loved ones, & the thoughts in their heads about said loved one during & after the ordeal.

    I probably shouldn't have posted it in this thread....but it was something I had to get out, I guess...

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I read somewhere that the only place in the world that attracts more suicides is the Golden Gate Bridge in California.

    Watch the documentary, "The Bridge"...

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I got a copy of "The Bridge". If anyone is intersted in me sending them one, send me a PM and I can get one to you. Im really looking forward to watching it this morning.
    I watched the trailer in the link and .... .... . Needless to say, I'm interested and will be sending you a PM. So very sad.... yikes. Just the thought gives me the shivers. I can't imagine how devastatingly lonely and sad you'd have to be to decide that's an acceptable solution to whatever the problem is.


    "The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend, then fade to myth, and are long forgotten when that age comes again." - Robert Jordan (R.I.P)

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I was just reading that too. How freaking creepy! Imagine being in the woods and hearing voices telling you to kill yourself
    Sometimes it pays to be deaf.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post


    Gorgeous.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by soonerpimp View Post
    Here's a pic I posted on "The Bridge" thread....thought it was weird

    !!!
    FAIL

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by soonerpimp View Post
    Here's a pic I posted on "The Bridge" thread....thought it was weird

    !!!
    Crow!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I want to visit this "haunted" suicide forest...and experience these "strange" happenings...
    hey maybe you'd run into Christine!

    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Hey guys,

    There are some beautiful pics of the forest taken by professional photographer Toby de Silva here: http://www.tobydesilva.com/gallery_197817.html.
    Beautiful. Are all the strings marking a grid for when they search?

    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    i saw that movie, it seemed more exploitive than anything..it upset me cuz the whole movie builds up to on disturbed man killing himself..

    on that note i hope they don't make a film about the suicide forest..
    I thought it was well done, for what it was. They tried to help the guy in the leather jacket.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnygirl12 View Post
    I too watched the documentary about the bridge suicides, it was really interesting...would love to see some type of doc about this.
    I would too. I'd have to watch it with kitty unless there were subtitles.

    Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    They look kind of cute not scary.

    Egads!! Are they looking at a body?

    Quote Originally Posted by rahboni View Post
    I just finished watching "The Bridge". I dunno...I feel compelled to tell a story.


    Hugs,
    Rah
    I'm sorry to hear that

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    Who has the concession for rope at the edge of the forest? They must make a **fortune**!

    I have mental pictures of people trudging into the forest with their coils of rope, most wearing jeans, and considerately parking in outlying areas of the lot marked for suicides, so that daytrippers can park closer, and the suicide's family can more easily figure out what happened to them....

    How bizarre!
    Yikes like an amusement park!

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,895
    I never knew this place existed. And the bridge......... Whoa I'm kind of scared to see the movie right now.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I never knew this place existed. And the bridge......... Whoa I'm kind of scared to see the movie right now.
    I watched it on youtube.


    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ht=golden+gate

    Here's the thread

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    I have "The Bridge." I think it's beautifully done.

    And I want to reiterate for those who haven't seen it, that the camera-person is quite some distance from the bridge, and you often can't tell who is going to jump until right before they do it. Since this location is a prime destination for sight-seers, you cannot tell the difference between someone who is just enjoying the view and someone who intends to take their life.

    There is also a third spot, besides the forest and the bridge--it's called Beachy Head in England, and is apparently the third "favorite" suicide spot in the world. There is a book called "Cliffs of Despair" written by a man whose brother-in-law shot himself, and he became interested in this subject. The author is American, but traveled to England to interview survivors of deceased people, as well as one person who jumped but survived. Quite a good book.

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    467
    truly beautiful and amazing place.

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind the Orange curtain, CA
    Posts
    1,527
    Really good thread.. bump

  30. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    467
    i am sorry so many people go there to die. but wow what a place i would love to see it.

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    This is one of my favorite threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    By yon bonny banks and by yon bonny braes
    Posts
    631
    http://www.findon.info/jpg/beachy_head_IT12_500.jpg

    Someone mentioned Beachy Head in England...thought I would post a link to a picture of it...am a bit rubbish and haven't figured out how to post pics yet!!!!

    ...and I am SO up for this field trip and picnic to the forest - I'll bring the deep fried mars bars!!!
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna. Stolen from us 1st May 1994. Never forgotten.

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sometimes it pays to be deaf.
    Lmao...Good one Cindy...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I would too. I'd have to watch it with kitty unless there were subtitles.




    Egads!! Are they looking at a body?



    I'm sorry to hear that



    Yikes like an amusement park!
    They're looking kinda peckish, too

    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    http://www.findon.info/jpg/beachy_head_IT12_500.jpg

    Someone mentioned Beachy Head in England...thought I would post a link to a picture of it...am a bit rubbish and haven't figured out how to post pics yet!!!!

    ...and I am SO up for this field trip and picnic to the forest - I'll bring the deep fried mars bars!!!
    I'll bring the beer!
    Fuck Off. We're Full.

  34. #134
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,208
    I didn't see this link posted on this thread yet, so if it has been, I apologize. It's got some more pictures of bodies in the suicide forest:

    http://usagiyjay.wordpress.com/2008/...de-aokigahara/

    The text is not in English, but the pictures are interesting.


  35. #135
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I didn't see this link posted on this thread yet, so if it has been, I apologize. It's got some more pictures of bodies in the suicide forest:

    http://usagiyjay.wordpress.com/2008/...de-aokigahara/

    The text is not in English, but the pictures are interesting.
    Wow. I don't even know what to say after that. I feel sick to my stomach. Not from the graphic pictures but from the grief that pours out of them. It is a beautiful place but filled with such sadness.
    No on 8

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    I never heard of this place. I'm always amazed
    by what could be going through their heads and
    the despair. To go to this much trouble to kill yourself.
    IDK I sure hope they found peace.

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    69
    I guess outdoor recreation is not one of the reasons Japanese people tend to live longer eh?

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,956
    Wow...that is rough. If I was going to do myself in I think I would pick a method other than strangling myself from the low branch of a tree. I guess you have to really want to die to go out that way.

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I wish they would replay the Destination Truth episode again.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Fellow hags, if the suicide forest is not a great setting for a horror flick I don't know what is. Seriously, we should put together a screenplay and submit it. I don't know, start Death Hag productions (with Scott as CEO ofcourse) and do something productive with our collective morbidity!!!! Tell me I'm wrong.

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Fellow hags, if the suicide forest is not a great setting for a horror flick I don't know what is. Seriously, we should put together a screenplay and submit it. I don't know, start Death Hag productions (with Scott as CEO ofcourse) and do something productive with our collective morbidity!!!! Tell me I'm wrong.
    You could make all sorts of documentaries. This place is full of ideas.
    And call them the Death Doc series.

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,498
    I wonder if there aren't some noxious (but odorless) gases or perhaps something about the rocks and electrical charges--- that seize upon people who are already miserable / mentally unstable, and give them the extra push they need to complete the suicides? Like the EMFs they're always talking about on TAPS. There was a comment on the last site from someone who climbed the mountain and lived there, who claimed that he and his friends experienced inexplicable feelings of sadness when in the area, and apparently not just because of its reputation.

  43. #143
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post




    The head is green! The head is GREEN! That's not right!


    IT'S PEOPLE! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!
    I hope I got that right.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,441
    Very Interesting Post Duster. Thanks for sharing. I think it would be a creepy place, althought I always thought Forrests as a peaceful place. Alot of camping and long drives through the woods thanks to my Dad. I will now see some places a little bit differently......Yep, I think it would be a creepy place....count me out on the field trip.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hull, England
    Posts
    194
    Just seen this about the suicide forest in Japan.

    http://www.vbs.tv/en-gb/watch/vbs-ne...e-forest-v3--2
    R.I.P. Mam 23.08.30 - 05.06.09

    R.I.P. Dad 27.12.33 - 11.10.09

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,881
    Wow. Great thread, very interesting.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I didn't see this link posted on this thread yet, so if it has been, I apologize. It's got some more pictures of bodies in the suicide forest:

    http://usagiyjay.wordpress.com/2008/...de-aokigahara/

    The text is not in English, but the pictures are interesting.
    wow, that first pic...haunting! I had never heard of this place...but now i'm totally entranced. can't wait to read more on this!


    From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,917
    Maybe do a Blair Witch style film? That would be, as I believe you lovely Americans say, rad!

    Reading about the Bridge was a bit freaky. We have one or ten notorious suicide spots over this side of the pond and there are armies of volunteers who man them trying to prevent suicides. Some are successful which is fantastic.

    Just the sentence about motives at the bridge was so poignant. Particularly the one who "said goodbye four times, looking very very sad". That will stay with me....
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

    How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    325
    Just found this site and it has some more pics. If they have already been posted, I apologize.
    http://acidcow.com/pics/5086-aokigah...places-on.html

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    325

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •