Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1423

Thread: Natasha Richardson

Perdi Guest
    Natasha's family attended Broadway last evening to witness the lights being dimmed in tribute:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7954366.stm

There's a video on there of her Vanessa Redgrave, Joely Richardson and Liam Neeson giving huge hugs to everyone who offers condolences. They all look absolutely exhausted and completely devastated....and as strange as this may seem, remarkably normal.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    THAT was a fantastic clip Perdi. Thank you!

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    THAT was a fantastic clip Perdi. Thank you!
    Pleasure Jack....made me cry like a baby when I watched it!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    In the UK, there's a morning tv show called This Morning and Fern Britton, the host, said she should have worn an helmet, like other people do. Their doctor told her stop judging someone who is dead....Fern rolled her eyes and acted like a know it all.

I bet Natasha's family wished she worn an helmet. They dont need people who have gone skiing once and know it all.
    I think that fern should be destroyed!

I tried to get close to snap a few pics for us, but it was a madhouse. Sorry gang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

John Connor Guest
    The whole helmet thing picks my ass. She was taking a ski lesson on a bunny hill. What are the chances? Granted her number was up but why do people even bring it up. I've had accidents on my bike and it's always the nattering nabobs of negativism...you were wearing a helmet weren't you? Fuck off. You wore a condom I hope...fuck off.

RIP baby. She had a short life but it sounds like a good life.

Perdi Guest
    Here's another one for those of you who want to have another good cry over this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oved-Tash.html

An open letter written by Vanessa Redgrave to Natasha, first printed by the paper 2 years ago....they have a section in one of their Sunday supplement magazines where they get 2 celebrities to write to one another (they might be mother/daughter, father/son, brothers, ex-lovers...you know the kind of thing!) about an element of their relationship that troubles them...I guess in this case it was Vanessa's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    The whole helmet thing picks my ass. She was taking a ski lesson on a bunny hill. What are the chances? Granted her number was up but why do people even bring it up. I've had accidents on my bike and it's always the nattering nabobs of negativism...you were wearing a helmet weren't you? Fuck off. You wore a condom I hope...fuck off.

RIP baby. She had a short life but it sounds like a good life.
    Everybody bumps their head at some time and you can't expect everyone to wear a helmet all of the time. In my country, wearing a helmet while riding a bike is not mandatory. It's probably different elsewhere. It's just one of those freak accidents. I was very sorry to hear it. My thoughts go out to her family.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Natasha's family attended Broadway last evening to witness the lights being dimmed in tribute:

There's a video on there of her Vanessa Redgrave, Joely Richardson and Liam Neeson giving huge hugs to everyone who offers condolences. They all look absolutely exhausted and completely devastated....and as strange as this may seem, remarkably normal.
    Ok, I'm bawling again

Snoopy Guest

Thanks so much for the clip..It was absolutely heart wrenching to see Liam so deavstated yet doing his utmost to hold it together..he seems dazed and I'm sure he just falls apart alone behind closed doors.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Here's another one for those of you who want to have another good cry over this:

An open letter written by Vanessa Redgrave to Natasha, first printed by the paper 2 years ago....they have a section in one of their Sunday supplement magazines where they get 2 celebrities to write to one another (they might be mother/daughter, father/son, brothers, ex-lovers...you know the kind of thing!) about an element of their relationship that troubles them...I guess in this case it was Vanessa's absence.
    Not I'm uncontrollable...thanks for the posts perdi

leeny994 Guest

Oh my Goodness I am bawling from that.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Thanks so much for the clip..It was absolutely heart wrenching to see Liam so deavstated yet doing his utmost to hold it together..he seems dazed and I'm sure he just falls apart alone behind closed doors.
    The one part in the clip is where a woman and then an older man (the clip I watched on CNN is small so I couldn't tell who they were, if they were celebrities - the only one I recognized was Matthew Broderick) when after hugging Liam, they both affectionately put their hands to his face. I just felt tears in my eyes when I saw that. It's odd - he's a complete stranger to me, and yet when I saw that, I just wanted to hug him too. Same with Vanessa.

God - this whole thing just sucks.

I guess it's because they are just a normal family - they are so unlike some of the hollywood trash that is out there these days.
    "I don't want the bodies, just the pictures."
    --Castle

beatlebaby4 Guest
    The woman was Sarah Jessica Parker

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    I have been lurking this thread for a few days, but am compelled to write something now.

Natasha was a beautiful woman. I knew she was an actress in her own right, but I always felt she was a celebrity simply because she was married to Liam Neeson. I feel for her family but personally I was much less affected by her passing than 99% of the death hags.

My point, and I'm not trying to start any trouble with anyone, is I am surprised at the reaction to her death. The death hags on this thread have been so sentimental and schmaltzy, whereas I thought there would be people coming out of the woodwork wondering if there were any autopsy pictures.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Mel View Post
    I guess it's because they are just a normal family - they are so unlike some of the hollywood trash that is out there these days.
    I totally agree with this. As difficult as I am sure it was for them to attend this Broadway tribute, allowing others who love them soo much to gather around them and comfort them is really a good thing for them to do and to allow to happen. It really can bolster you up allowing those around you to offer their comfort and love.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobeatlesleft View Post
    I have been lurking this thread for a few days, but am compelled to write something now.

Natasha was a beautiful woman. I knew she was an actress in her own right, but I always felt she was a celebrity simply because she was married to Liam Neeson. I feel for her family but personally I was much less affected by her passing than 99% of the death hags.

My point, and I'm not trying to start any trouble with anyone, is I am surprised at the reaction to her death. The death hags on this thread have been so sentimental and schmaltzy, whereas I thought there would be people coming out of the woodwork wondering if there were any autopsy pictures.

Just my 2 cents.
    I see where you are coming from two, as death hags we normally do like to see the nitty gritty and love the grim pictures but I think in this case it has hit a nerve with a lot of us. She was the age of a lot of us posting in this thread, she was a loving mom, in a loving marriage, young, beautiful, talented, grew up in a family we've all read and watched for years and the accident itself seems so minor....to cause death. It has shocked us all and touched our hearts. That is why we are sympathetic and sentimental about this story and this woman. It just doesn't seem right in this case to want to dwell on the horror side of this and relish in her passing. That's my opinion.

sheri Guest
    I wasn't so much affected by her 'celeb' death, as it is more a human death than anything else. Because at the end of the day, Natasha was human just like the rest of us.

What's irritating me to no end, is that certain parts of the media are making her accident 'no big deal.' Like it happens daily. Whenever someone has any sort of trauma to the head, imho they should be checked immediately by properly trained medical professionals. Case in point, Natasha. She might have felt fine immediately after, but she still suffered blunt trauma to her head. Better safe than sorry.

Another case in point my 19 year old daughter. When she was 7 years old, another kids hit her upside the head with a solid wood baseball bat. Although not meaning to intentionally cause my daughter harm, but the point remains my daughter suffered blunt force trauma to her head. The friggin school administration tried to come off as though they have medical degrees to make medical decisions. They never bothered to call 911 because they claimed she was answering their questions correctly. That's bs and they all knew it. They should have called 911 BEFORE calling anyone else. But they didn't, thusly delaying proper medical treatment of my daughter, which essentially amplified her mental disabilities. The school/staff/district should count their blessings that between this and one other incident related to my daughter that I didn't sue the lot of them.

*steps off soapbox and stops hijacking this thread*

RIP, Natasha. May your journey be peaceful and free of incident. You will be missed.

Something good can come of this..

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    I wasn't so much affected by her 'celeb' death, as it is more a human death than anything else. Because at the end of the day, Natasha was human just like the rest of us.

What's irritating me to no end, is that certain parts of the media are making her accident 'no big deal.' Like it happens daily. Whenever someone has any sort of trauma to the head, imho they should be checked immediately by properly trained medical professionals. Case in point, Natasha. She might have felt fine immediately after, but she still suffered blunt trauma to her head. Better safe than sorry.

Another case in point my 19 year old daughter. When she was 7 years old, another kids hit her upside the head with a solid wood baseball bat. Although not meaning to intentionally cause my daughter harm, but the point remains my daughter suffered blunt force trauma to her head. The friggin school administration tried to come off as though they have medical degrees to make medical decisions. They never bothered to call 911 because they claimed she was answering their questions correctly. That's bs and they all knew it. They should have called 911 BEFORE calling anyone else. But they didn't, thusly delaying proper medical treatment of my daughter, which essentially amplified her mental disabilities. The school/staff/district should count their blessings that between this and one other incident related to my daughter that I didn't sue the lot of them.

*steps off soapbox and stops hijacking this thread*

RIP, Natasha. May your journey be peaceful and free of incident. You will be missed.
    I think this is going to send the message loud and clear that we need to protect our heads when doing potentially dangerous activities. I have a friend who is an Occupational Therapist and she is confronted daily with kids who are getting therapy because they injured their heads because they wouldn't wear a helmet for riding their bikes or things like that. Once you injure your brain, it is usually a life-long consequence. Let's hope with all of the media coverage on this and discussions around it that schools and the public in general learn from it. Perhaps sheri you won't have to deal with something like that ever again. Let's hope something good can come of this.

Just my 2 cents.

Give it time
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    The woman was Sarah Jessica Parker
    She looked like she'd been crying for days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ted Challinor Guest
    I am glad they diped the Broadway lights in tribute to her. Broadway completely shut on November 22 1963 - what unites Natasha and JFK is great hair .... if you don't believe me look here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IFqPKq0Jc

Snoopy Guest

Just my 2 cents.
    I don't think we hags are so impressed and reacting because of her celebrity..it's the situation..it's all too easy to relate to on some level for us all..for me I am exactly her age..and I have a 13 year old son and the thought of not being there to see him grow tears me apart and for him not to have me there..unimaginable..I think it's just a natural instinct when we see someone in so much pain we just want to reach out and comfort..I know I do..this whole story just reminds us that life is so fleeting and we should never take it or the one's we love for granted.

STsFirstmate Guest

Just my 2 cents.
    I can't speak for anyone but me. I live in NY and we do spend a fair amount of time in the city.
    There are some celebrities you never see or you see them running with a phalynx of people to and from a limo. Then there are celebrities you see out and about eating at deli's walking down the street with friends, attending street fairs and charity events that don't involve black ties and $1000. a plate front money.
    This family were accessable celebrities here. They lived here and they could be seen eating at normal people places like French Roast, Katzs Deli etc. They were almost always at the Schubert Alley Flea Market which is a big fundraiser for AIDs related causes. For example when Lucy Lawless was in Grease the cast set-up a high school cafeteria and the whole cast was dipping up really awful chili while stayng character.
    She and Liam were signing shirts, Playbills etc and mingling with the crowd the year they met doing a play and the year she won the Tony as Sally Bowles.
    As big as NYC is it tends to adopt people, couples and families and people alternately give them space and yell out their personal reviews."Hey so and so you really nailed it last night! You got robbed at the Emmys etc."
    Plus her work was really respected here. She did readings of plays and participated in workshops etc.
    I feel like a legitimate member of the theater community and the city community passed. There was a big crowd outside Lennox Hill hospital and a very big crowd on Broadway last night when the lights were dimmed. Her husband, Mother and sister were joined by a very large group of people, many of them famous many of them just wanting to show their respect.
    Long winded answer but I hope it makes sense.
    Regards,
    Mary

Just my 2 cents.
    Because this death doesn't bring out the hag in us, it brings out the human side. This wasn't a murder and she wasn't a person who was involved in anything suspicious which led to her death so alot of the haggish death elements that we normally gravitate towards don't exist. I think it goes to show that we, as death hags, aren't only intrigued with the morbid side of death but that we have an appreciation for life and death and the preservation of history. I have thought about that many times as I read Scott's write ups, that we really like remembering people and paying tribute to them as much as we usually like to hear the dirt too.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I guess Natasha will be buried near her grandmother, Rachel Kempson Redgrave in New York. Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=34922435

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7495085

Guest Guest

Natasha was a beautiful woman. I knew she was an actress in her own right, but I always felt she was a celebrity simply because she was married to Liam Neeson.
    I knew her because she is part of the Redgrave Family - (England's Barrymore Family in a sense)

The Redgrave family is a fifth-generation theatrical dynasty. Many members of the family have worked in theatre at some point; many have also worked in film and television. The majority of the family members have been actors and actresses, but some have been writers, both of plays and books. Their history dates back to the mid-nineteenth century, before the silent movie era. Vanessa Redgrave (her mom) is currently the most famous member of the family, having won Oscar, Tony, Golden Globe and Emmy Awards.

Lynn was her Aunt, Michael was her Grandfather:

Sir Michael Scudamore Redgrave CBE (20 March, 1908 — 21 March, 1985) was a well-known English stage and film actor, director, manager and author.

He twice (1958 and 1963) won Best Actor trophies in the Evening Standard Awards and twice received the Variety Club of Great Britain 'Actor of the Year' Award (in the same years). He was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1952 and was knighted in 1959.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2009 at 11:01 AM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    She looked like she'd been crying for days.
    yes she did. Matthew B. looked incredibly shocked and upset too.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I guess Natasha will be buried near her grandmother, Rachel Kempson Redgrave in New York. Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=34922435

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7495085
    Thanks Ethel, that's nice to know she will be with family.

Just my 2 cents.
    Yes give it time I'm sure us death hags will be talking about the
    autopsy pictures.

Perdi Guest

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree with the others...give it time and we will be after those pics!!

I also think though that just because we are death hags doesn't mean that a death isn't going to affect us, or that we are devoid of compassion. I love the Redgrave/Richardsons. They are Theatre Royalty to me as a former Theatre School Brit. I am a huge admirer of them and of their work, and of the work Vanessa did for so many (at the time) radical causes.

I think as well the to-ing and fro-ing and lack of info built this up as well. We have all reacted this way because we are only human after all...contrary to popular belief!!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I tried to get close to snap a few pics for us, but it was a madhouse. Sorry gang.
    Thanks for giving it the old college try Jop !

Meli Guest

Did you notice whom Liam hugged? Sarah Jessica Parker and her hubby Matthew Broderick. That was nice of them to come out and pay their respects. Poor Vanessa Redgrave looks exhausted and devastated.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    They've been showing that clip on tv. You get a better view of the people there last night. SJP and MB looked devastated as they hugged Liam. Liam looks in a daze, poor guy. Vanessa, well what can you say, she is a mother with a shattered heart.

Meli Guest

Becoming a grandmother is the reason why women should make every effort to keep themselves as healthy as they can, and to live as long as they can.
    How sad! Her daughter will never become a grandmother, which she obviously cherishes

Meli Guest
    They've been showing that clip on tv. You get a better view of the people there last night. SJP and MB looked devastated as they hugged Liam. Liam looks in a daze, poor guy. Vanessa, well what can you say, she is a mother with a shattered heart.

I know SJP looked like crap, but if she looked good, Id have to hate her a little. It seems Natasha touched so many peoples lives, even people she had never met

WriterDude Guest
    my husband or my kids have never worn helmets either and I have not ever seen anyone wear them on the slopes. I guess some will now
    I'm not too optimistic. The same was also speculated after Sonny Bono's death. But since dear friends of the family lost their son the same way -- skier vs. tree -- I have been hoping.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Matthew and SJP both are theater royalty too and I'm sure they all ran around in the same circles, probably knew each other socially were perhaps friends. Ralph Fiennes was there too. He hugs Liam just after the part with Matthew and SJP. If you blink you'll miss him.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    I'm not too optimistic. The same was also speculated after Sonny Bono's death. But since dear friends of the family lost their son the same way -- skier vs. tree -- I have been hoping.
    On our news here at noon the government is seriously talking about making helmets mandatory. Apparently this was suppose to be passed 3 weeks ago!!

Giada Guest
    Viewing at the American Irish Historical Society

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/..._richardson_13

lisalouver Guest

Just my 2 cents.
    Your post makes total sense to me and I am sure many others.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post

Great article. Thanks for the post

Meli Guest

Just my 2 cents.

I think because she was such a good person, and it was such a sudden and freakish sort of accident (That could happen to anyone of us) and thats why most of us have been more emotionally involved instead of Haggish, does that make sense? Just like I know once Patrick Swayze passes, a lot of us will be acting the same, and I doubt I could ever bring myself to look at any death photos of him

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post

I found this interesting (in the above article) I wondered about this, so I am glad it is being addressed.

Meanwhile, Montreal's top head trauma doctor said Friday that the lack of medical helicopters in the province of Quebec may have played a role in Richardson's death.
    "It's impossible for me to comment specifically about her case, but what I could say is ... driving to Mont Tremblant from the city (Montreal) is a 2 1/2-hour trip, and the closest trauma center is in the city. Our system isn't set up for traumas and doesn't match what's available in other Canadian cities, let alone in the States," said Tarek Razek, director of trauma services for the McGill University Health Centre, which represents six of Montreal's hospitals.
    Being driven by ambulance to two separate hospitals rather than airlifted by helicopter directly to a trauma center could have cost Richardson crucial moments, he said.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    For me, Patrick's death won't be as hard as I'm expecting it and have prepared for it but this came out of nowhere and has stunned, shocked and devastated me. I would look at pics of Patrick but I don't want to see ones of Natasha, I just don't

Meli Guest
    For me, Patrick's death won't be as hard as I'm expecting it and have prepared for it but this came out of nowhere and has stunned, shocked and devastated me. I would look at pics of Patrick but I don't want to see ones of Natasha, I just don't

See I just want to remember Patrick as he was in Dirty Dancing, strong, healthy and gorgeous.... I may look at his pics, but not for a very LONG time... the ones of him now are too much. I know I wont ever want to see Natasha's... that could be me or you, ya know? Its a tragic senseless death

beatlebaby4 Guest
    and she was so beautiful....

Giada Guest
    More on the timeline ... Paramedics and Resort

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Holy crap. In changing my .sig line today, I discovered Natasha had the same birthday as my son.

simon69 Guest

The lyrics to this song and T.V show seem so right at this moment

When you walk down the road
    Heavy burden, heavy load
    I will rise and I will walk with you

When you walk through the night
    And you feel like you wanna just give up, give up, give up on the fight
    I will come and I will walk with you

Walk with you
    Until the sun don't even shine
    Walk with you
    I'll be there all the time