Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Natasha Richardson

melmoney Guest
    I find it odd that she suffered such a devastating injury while on a bunny slope during a lesson. I've been skiing numerous times and usually the bunny slope is essentially flat - meaning you don't gain much speed. Most people fall on their butts, but maybe she landed face front. It had to look bad if the ski instructor raced over to her and insisted she get medical attention.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    merge

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    I wonder .... could her fall have been because of a brain anyerism (sp?) and not the other way around? Honestly the way they describe the fall makes it sound like she fell for no reason.

Oh, Good Grief! What happened? Oh, duh.. just read the link. Very sad. Ski accidents seem to claim a lot of people, don't they? They have young children, don't they?

I hope she doesn't suffer.

simon69 Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Twobeatlesleft View Post
    Realistically, it's only a matter of time. They're probably just waiting for Liam to get there and then eventually pull the plug.
    Aww? that's sad, I hope not?

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curl_up_N_dye View Post
    I wonder .... could her fall have been because of a brain anyerism (sp?) and not the other way around? Honestly the way they describe the fall makes it sound like she fell for no reason.
    Ya know, now you mention, I do remember a tiny report a while back, maybe a month ago...a little fall she took outside of a restaurant...sort of like she just...FELL...no reason, then too. Pre-existing condition?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    People please read the Nastasha Richardson thread in the Entertainment section. She is not brain dead according to latest reports but has brain swelling. You will get all your info there. This should not be a thread as of yet.

Perdi Guest
    Oooooo there's a thought! Does seem very strange that it seemed to be such a nondescript accident....but then would she not have been more poorly immediately afterwards?? They said that she seemed fine after her fall.

I wish someone would release a statement or something...the anticipation is killing me! I love the Redgrave/Richardsons...I guess all we can do right now is hope.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvr_Sk_to_Tll View Post
    Ya know, now you mention, I do remember a tiny report a while back, maybe a month ago...a little fall she took outside of a restaurant...sort of like she just...FELL...no reason, then too. Pre-existing condition?
    Now that would make more sense. If there were a pre existing condition contributing. Makes ya think.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    I thought that, too. Maybe she had some other condition going on, like an aneurysm, or possibly a tumor?

But, she sure went downhill awfully fast for a brain tumor. Aneurysm, yes, possibly.

hoxharding Guest

I wondered about that also-if she did hit her head,it would of hit just at the right place to create such injuries,wouldn't it?

The family is to release a statement on Wednesday, according to a spokesperson at Sacre-Coeur Hospital.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Huffington is reporting what TimeOut NY is reporting. It isn't confirmed yet, although the brain dead rumor may be a fact.
    Warning Rant Follows! Not aimed at anyone here!
    This is exactly what can happen in the new erea of blogs vs serious news papers with actual editors and a requirement for fact checkling.
    I know it goes against our know it first, know it fast hearts' desires but this is so unfair to her family.
    In the case of business news imagine a poorly researched story about a death or injury or embezzelment by the CEO of GE or the head of the Fed etc. It could start a panic.
    I am just sick about newspapers folding right and left and reading articles about "new media" . one article said we are the new media. Viral spread of information and postings on web sites like I-reporting on CNN is the new journalism. I think the first casualty in this new media will be accuracy and the truth.
    The second casualty will be public confidence. Somewhere Walter Conkrite is weeping I am sure.
    regards,
    Mary

beatlebaby4 Guest
    That's good, it will settle it one way or the other. I do hope for the best.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    This is exactly what can happen in the new erea of blogs vs serious news papers with actual editors and a requirement for fact checkling.
    I know it goes against our know it first, know it fast hearts' desires but this is so unfair to her family.
    In the case of business news imagine a poorly researched story about a death or injury or embezzelment by the CEO of GE or the head of the Fed etc. It could start a panic.
    I am just sick about newspapers folding right and left and reading articles about "new media" . one article said we are the new media. Viral spread of information and postings on web sites like I-reporting on CNN is the new journalism. I think the first casualty in this new media will be accuracy and the truth.
    The second casualty will be public confidence. Somewhere Walter Conkrite is weeping I am sure.
    regards,
    Mary
    Thank you, thank you, thank you

Giada Guest
    And the advertiser's are deleriously happy. The more the sites are chased and receive, "hits," the higher the ad revenue

(The audience creates the media

Quote Originally Posted by Twobeatlesleft View Post
    Realistically, it's only a matter of time. They're probably just waiting for Liam to get there and then eventually pull the plug.
    Liam was at the first hospital.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Liam was at the first hospital.
    Exactly. And since she was apparently (from some reports) flown to New York on a private jet, I'm assuming he would have gone with her then. No waiting around.

halogirl5 Guest
    Moved this as the lady is still in the land of the living.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you! Ye gods, folks, let's not rush her to the grave too quick, will we?

RubySlippers Guest

did you happen to merge all 5000 threads that are about her?
    i am kdding --- sorta. there are quite a few. when you get a chance...

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    If she didn't hit her head, and was talking after the fall, like some of the reports said, makes me think it was either a stroke or a brain aneurysm. Does anybody out there know if a fall could trigger one of these?
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    If she didn't hit her head, and was talking after the fall, like some of the reports said, makes me think it was either a stroke or a brain aneurysm. Does anybody out there know if a fall could trigger one of these?
    There's been a little speculation that she could have had some previous condition that was exacerbated in some way by the fall, or that chose this particular moment to fully present itself (i.e. tumor, aneurysm). I HAD seen a report of a random sudden fall something like a month ago, so who knows what's happened.

regards,
    Mary
    This is exactly what I have been thinking for a long time, and especially today.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    thank you halogirl

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I do think this thread should be deleted until it happens. Nothing like jinxing the poor woman
    Too late as effectively life as she knew it is over. She survived the initial accident, this is a good start. She must now survive the treatment which is almost worse. Roughly 48 hours during which she may stroke out. It is unlikely she is on life support beyond surgically right now so pulling of plugs is not an option. If she survives the next 48 hours she has another dangerzone in about two weeks (the dread vasospasms) which may again cause her to stroke out. My prayers are with her family for now as she is mostly unaware of anything much but surviving.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    All I know is, I'm sitting, listening to the 1998 revival cast recording of Cabaret (for which Natasha won a Tony award) and waiting through all the news.

Natasha singing 'Cabaret'

reminds me a bit of the original done by Jill Haworth, or the Brit cast Judi Dench version...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    tasier You took that post out of context. It was posted in the death thread that has been recently merged into this one.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvr_Sk_to_Tll View Post
    All I know is, I'm sitting, listening to the 1998 revival cast recording of Cabaret (for which Natasha won a Tony award) and waiting through all the news.

Natasha singing 'Cabaret'

reminds me a bit of the original done by Jill Haworth, or the Brit cast Judi Dench version...
    That makes me smile...thanks Nvr

I just had another thought. What about the adult equivalent of "shaken baby syndrome"? Maybe she fell hard enough to damage the part of the spinal cord that's connected to the brain? Could whiplash cause a person to experience the symptoms that she's having, that's being reported?
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

STsFirstmate Guest
    Remember a stroke is essentially bleeding on the brain. Beyond the conventional causes of a stroke a reasonably mild blow or shake ( think shaken baby) can cause bleeding and swelling of the brain.
    This I know unfortunately because of a friend who ended up in a coma for 8 years before she finally passed. All this from standing up in an office and hitting her head on a drawer that was left open above her. She was fine until that night and essentially had a "stroke" in her sleep and never woke up.
    I am hoping she is in an induced coma to allow them to cool down her blood temperature and treat the swelling of the brain.
    Regards,
    Mary

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    That makes me smile...thanks Nvr
    That same channel has the entire album. Natasha does a great 'Mein Herr' and 'Maybe This Time'

I just had another thought. What about the adult equivalent of "shaken baby syndrome"? Maybe she fell hard enough to damage the part of the spinal cord that's connected to the brain? Could whiplash cause a person to experience the symptoms that she's having, that's being reported?
    I guess that's possible. Anything is at this point.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Remember a stroke is essentially bleeding on the brain. Beyond the conventional causes of a stroke a reasonably mild blow or shake ( think shaken baby) can cause bleeding and swelling of the brain.
    This I know unfortunately because of a friend who ended up in a coma for 8 years before she finally passed. All this from standing up in an office and hitting her head on a drawer that was left open above her. She was fine until that night and essentially had a "stroke" in her sleep and never woke up.
    I am hoping she is in an induced coma to allow them to cool down her blood temperature and treat the swelling of the brain.
    Regards,
    Mary
    That would seem, at least from the 'sedation' reports, to be the case...we can only hope for the best, can't we?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    regards,
    Mary
    Thank you, thank you, thank you
    *bump* it was posted in another thread before the merge and I wanted to thank you for your post

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Usually, when working with a tumor, there are more signs and symptoms before it gets to this state. Often times something else will happen, and they find the tumor by mistake, as they are looking at something else. It happened with my dad, he went in for shoulder surgery, couldn't urinate afterwards, they found his prostate cancer. It happens.

I'm trying to analyze it. With even the most severe brain tumors, there are other warnings: falls, headaches, strange behavior (we had one patient who, her husband knew something was wrong when she wanted to leave the house without a shirt on and had no idea why that was wrong). One patient had a strange taste in her mouth, both the first time, and with her recurrance.

When it has metastasized to the brain (meaning it spread from another site) then you have symptoms of that. Such as symptoms of lung cancer before it goes to the brain.

Not always, of course, it could hit out of the blue, but we don't see that very often, that I can remember. Not this severe, and so immediately, anyhow.

stacebabe Guest
    There are conflicting reports, from what I'm reading. Some say she's already dead, some say she's got brain swelling, some say she's brain dead.

She was on a BEGINNER trail with an instructor?! What could've happened?!?!?

crazedfemale Guest
    This whole thing reminds me of when Princess Diana died. They kept saying she was injured but alive and then they didn't say anything and then the official announcement came that she died.

Natasha Richardson is a wonderful actress, I first remember her in "Nell" with hubby Liam and Jodie Foster. She really does look like a Redgrave, not so much looks, but her mother's mannerisms. She has two young sons so I hope she does recover.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    This whole thing reminds me of when Princess Diana died. They kept saying she was injured but alive and then they didn't say anything and then the official announcement came that she died.
    Ugh. I don't like that thought. I hope that isn't it.

TallulahDahling Guest
    Gawd I hope she's gonna be okay--I've loved her since The Handmaiden's Tale......

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    She was on a BEGINNER trail with an instructor?! What could've happened?!?!?
    I guess that just goes to show us how delicate the brain can be, even as an adult.
    I've never seen her act in anything. Only know her as Liam Neeson's wife, but my thoughts are with her and her family. Such a tragic thing to happen at such a young age. Hopefully, best case scenario is they're able to get the swelling down and may only need rehab to recover fully. Or, if it's a spinal cord injury it could be like a Christopher Reeves thing. Medical science, in reference to the brain, is so much more advanced these days, I hope the doctors are able to save her life.
    There's always miracles that we hear about out there. Remember the NFL player (New Orleans Saint?) that had a brain injury during the first game of the season against the Denver Broncos? It took awhile, but he managed to come out of his coma and make almost a full recovery. People had written him off for dead, too. I refuse to believe she's going to die, until the good Lord actually calls her home.

crazedfemale Guest
    She was really good in the remake of "The Parent Trap" in 1998.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    She was really good in the remake of "The Parent Trap" in 1998.
    I loved that movie. And she is just so beautiful.

TheMysterian Guest

Natasha richardson is brain dead

Here is the latest from the N.Y. Post!
    they are saying she is brain dead!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03172009...ead_160027.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    I loved that movie. And she is just so beautiful.
    I was just going to post just about the same exact thing. It's very sad.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post

As a New Yorker this would not be my source for reliable news. It sometimes makes the National Enquirer look like the Guttenberg Bible.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I was just going to post just about the same exact thing. It's very sad.
    She is just breathtakingly beautiful. Someone you can't take your eyes off of when she's on the screen, and I don't even swing that way.

But she comes across as just a nice person, besides.

I hope she isn't doing the journey home for goodbyes. My heart is breaking for her family.

TheMysterian Guest
    As a New Yorker this would not be my source for reliable news. It sometimes makes the National Enquirer look like the Guttenberg Bible.
    It's also being reported on MSNBC and Fox news!

Perdi Guest
    I was just reading the New York Post article and it has some 'reader comments' underneath it. The first one thinks it may be the fault of Canada's socialized hospitals. I know that this subject in itself isn't funny, but I had to giggle..yeah, the fact that no one has to pay for health care in Canada, that's what's done her in!!! Oh my goodness!!

...not that I am saying she is dead or dying or trying to jinx her in any way of course. I really really really really really am hoping that this has all been horribly exaggerated, and that it is, in fact, 'a mere flesh wound'.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    CNN is not reporting that yet though. I believe CNN. When they say it, I will be very saddened. I really hope it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post

They've been saying that for awhile now. TimeOut NY is also saying that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]