Page 1 of 29 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Natasha Richardson

Rudy's Girl Guest

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Oh how terrible. I love her, she is a great actress like her mother and so beautiful. I hope she recovers. I do hope the brain injury isn't as bad as it sounds

dirk diggler Guest
    Wow that doesn't sound to good isn't she the grandaughter of Ralph Richardson?
    Hmm guess not always thought she was she's actually Michael Redgrave's grand daughter..
    Last edited by dirk diggler; 03-16-2009 at 08:47 PM.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Damn, hope she is able to recover.

mandee1005 Guest
    What sad news! Hope she recovers and everything is ok.

6. 03-16-2009, 08:46 PM

lass1 Guest
    Hey lets all go skiing in Canada and either die or get badly injured. Seriously though helmets should be required at all ski hills.

WriterDude Guest
    Damn. Sad news on a day when I finally got some good. Been in love with her since I saw Dennis Quaid do so all over again in The Parent Trap remake.

I had a couple of prayers answered today, so I will definitely be p(r)aying it forward. Here's to a complete and speedy recovery for Natasha!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I love Natasha Richardson, such a wonderful actress. I actually saw her on Broadway in 'Cabaret' and she was astounding.
    I hope and pray she will pull through this.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    Damn. Sad news on a day when I finally got some good. Been in love with her since I saw Dennis Quaid do so all over again in The Parent Trap remake.

I had a couple of prayers answered today, so I will definitely be p(r)aying it forward. Here's to a complete and speedy recovery for Natasha!
    Love that movie too WD. This is why I don't ski. My hubby and kids are all expert skiers but I'm too much of a scaredy cat. So I never learned. I do worry about my family when they go skiing, even though I know they are all experts, accidents happen and it is scary.

Pat Bateman Guest
    Thats sad. I've always liked her acting. Hope she pulls through.

lisalouver Guest
    Awwww....does she have any kids?

Sad story, hope she is able to pull through!

I never ski. Too damned dangerous.

Pat Bateman Guest
    She has two sons with Liam Neeson.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    She has two sons with Liam Neeson.
    Damn. I really hope there is a miracle for she and her family.

Nicki Guest
    Her sons with Liam are just 12 and 13 years of age. If its a trumatic head injury I wonder if she ran into a tree or hit her head on a rock....ran into another skier?? I love skiing but it just takes a split second to have a bad accident. Here's hoping it is not a serious as it sounds.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    If its a trumatic head injury I wonder if she ran into a tree or hit her head on a rock.....

We're about due for another celeb death by skiing unfortunately. How long have Sonny Bono and that Kennedy been gone?

I really hope she's alright. Those little boys are too young to lose their mother.

John Connor Guest
    Bummer.

They should remake The Handmaid's Tale. Brilliant. Baaad movie.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I certainly hope she is OK as well.
    Liam Neeson always has that sad world weary look and cadance to his voice that several of us Irish can have.
    They seem like a very happy couple and their kids are cute. Her Mom Vanessa Redgrave was so beautiful in a wild sort of way when she was younger.
    I remember her Mom in Camelot.
    I must say as a southerner that I fail to see the attraction of paying good money to get cold and wet. Sking has never held any facination. I tried it a couple of times and it was not pleasant for me.
    The drinks in the lodge afterwards by the fire worked but freezing in the lift line and on the lift etc not so much!
    Well prayers for her and her family.
    Regards,
    Mary

DsplcdPrsn Guest
    I am devistated. She is so lovely and she and Mr. Neeson are such a wonderful pair. I don't look for her to survive this and it is devistating. In my opinion "Nell" will be her best movie. Her family must be beside themselves to say the least.

So very awful. I hope if she recovers, there are no lasting affects to her.

cherryghost Guest
    There is something in the reporting of Natashas accident that sounds very devastating! I hope she will recover....... this sounds like a very serious accident!

Meli Guest
    Oh this is so sad!!! I do feel a little bad writing this since I lust after her husband (but who doesnt really) I hope she has a full and speedy recovery. Our prayers are with you Natasha!!!

Reilly83 Guest
    This is just terrible news. I really hope she recovers. She is a great actress and I just loved her and Liam in the movie Nell.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I just heard this while driving into work - sounds so bad.

I've never skiied so I don't know much about it, but I would think if you were traveling at a high speed and hit a tree or some other object you could really fuck yourself up.

I'm having a good thought for her...she's a talented woman and from everything I've read a nice gal to boot, a quality which seems rare among some celebrities.

Shano Guest
    Wow! I had no idea that they had two young boys! I hope she pulls through!

Just read this on Yahoo news. I don't have a good feeling about it, unfortunately. If she pulls through, she has a lot of rehab and recovery time to go through and probably won't be the same. There are miracles, of course, and the human body can come back from extraordinary trauma, but I just don't get a good feeling about this. I feel particularly bad for her sons. I'll pray for a good outcome, nevertheless.

This sort of accident reminds me why I gave up downhill after my teens and took to Nordic skiing. You get the ski experience, but at a much safer speed, and you can enjoy the surroundings better! I'm naturally a chicken myself; never was a danger junkie!

I never knew much about her, and can't say I've seen any of her movies; the only thing I know is she's married to Liam Neeson.

I hope she recovers.
    Last edited by Luanne; 03-17-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Just read that she was on a green hill which is a beginners hill. She lost her footing and tumbled down the hill. She didn't hit a tree or anyone else. Liam is in Toronto filming a movie and rushed to be by his wife's side (the happened in Quebec).

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Just read that she was on a green hill which is a beginners hill. She lost her footing and tumbled down the hill. She didn't hit a tree or anyone else. Liam is in Toronto filming a movie and rushed to be by his wife's side (the happened in Quebec).
    Wonder if her head hit a rock? Prayers for a full recovery.

ps...another reason to be thankful that Barry has lifted the wing nut ban on stem cell research

awww thats terrible... Liam Neeson is one of my favourits and I have seen Natasha in several films and think she´s a wonderful actress... I hope she recovers and that her injuries aren´t as bad as rumoured
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Wonder if her head hit a rock? Prayers for a full recovery.

ps...another reason to be thankful that Barry has lifted the wing nut ban on stem cell research
    It didn't say. I'm sure more info will come out today

Gothwitch Guest

Natasha Richardson

Has anyone else any more on this story??
    Natasha Richardson, 45, wife of Liam Neeson is critical in Sacre Coeur hospital in Montreal after suffering a head injury whilst skiing in Mont Tremblant resort in Quebec.
    She married Nesson in 1994 and they have two sons. Her movie credits include The Parent Trap and The Handmaids Tale. She also won a Tony Best Actress in a musical award in 1998 for her role in Cabaret.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    There is a thread on this in the Entertainment thread Goth

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Just read about this on the NY Post Twitter and followed up to an article.
    Prayers and good thoughts going out to Natasha and her whole family, especially the boys. I really hope she recovers, as she's one of my favorite actresses...

Gothwitch Guest
    Now... wheres that then... oh entertainment... cool its only just come on our news channels.... that and the news that John Lennons dead!!

I liked her in Patty Hearst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    hum....

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I forgot about that movie joplinfrk. She was good in that.

sunshine2828 Guest
    Just saw on Perez Hilton that she has passed away...not on any other news links yet though.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I just read an update. Apparently she was getting a lesson and for some unknown reason she fell. No blood, no sign of impact. The Ski Patrol came to her aid and she was concious and making jokes. An hour later she started complaining of headaches and was taken to the hospital. She was totally concious when she arrived at the hospital. No mention of her state right now.

On Yahoo they've downgraded the headline to "hospitalized" from "critical", and make it sound like she went to the hospital after not feeling well. Wonder where the truth lies?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2828 View Post
    Just saw on Perez Hilton that she has passed away...not on any other news links yet though.
    what??? that is the total opposite of what I just read. I wonder what is going on??

She May Not Be As Badly Hurt As We Thought...

BC-Natasha-Richardson-Hospital, 3rd Writethru
    code:4
    Update:RECASTS with quotes from Mont Tremblant; Will be writethru.
    Eds:Moves General (G), Entertainment (E); guard against duplication.
    INDEX:Arts, Celebrity, Entertainment, Film, Health, International, Music, Sports
    HL:Actress Natasha Richardson injured at Mont Tremblant; resort says it looked minor
    THE CANADIAN PRESS
    MONTREAL -- Actress Natasha Richardson was conscious and showed no signs of a serious head injury after she fell during a beginner ski lesson at Mont Tremblant, a spokeswoman for the popular Quebec resort said Tuesday.
    Lyne Lortie said the Tony-award-winning actress was in the middle of a private ski lesson on Monday when she suffered what appeared to be a relatively unspectacular fall at the resort north of Montreal.
    While Richardson seemed fine, the ski patrol wanted to take a closer look so she was taken to the bottom of the hill by sled, Lortie said.
    "She showed really no visible sign of injury and she was talking and showed absolutely no sign of confusion," she said.
    "It was right in the middle of the slope so she didn't hit anyone or a tree. It was a fall as anyone can do. It wasn't a violent fall at all."
    A family member confirmed Richardson had a skiing accident but the extent of her injuries was unclear.
    Earlier reports indicated she may have suffered a serious brain injury.
    But Lortie said Richardson insisted on returning to her room at Mont Tremblant's Hotel Quintessence and was accompanied by the instructor and ski patrol.
    They stayed with her for about an hour after which she began complaining of a headache and not feeling well.
    Lortie said they "immediately" called an ambulance and she was taken to the Centre Hospitalier Laurentian near Mont Tremblant before being transferred to Sacre-Coeur Hospital in Montreal.
    The accident happened around noon and it's not clear if Richardson was accompanied by anyone.
    Lortie said Richardson had not yet checked out of her hotel room as of noon Tuesday.
    Richardson is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and the wife of actor Liam Neeson.
    12:37ET 17-03-09

sunshine2828 Guest
    I just read an update. Apparently she was getting a lesson and for some unknown reason she fell. No blood, no sign of impact. The Ski Patrol came to her aid and she was concious and making jokes. An hour later she started complaining of headaches and was taken to the hospital. She was totally concious when she arrived at the hospital. No mention of her state right now.
    Perez Hilton has on his site that she's passed away. Don't know how Perez knows before anyone else though.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Perez Hilton has on his site that she's passed away. Don't know how Perez knows before anyone else though.
    Duster just posted exactly what I read and reported. I don't know what Perez is smoking?

sunshine2828 Guest
    Duster just posted exactly what I read and reported. I don't know what Perez is smoking?
    I don't know either. Wonder where he gets his "news" from.

sunshine2828 Guest

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I don't know either. Wonder where he gets his "news" from.
    Not from anyone in the know

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Well if this is true, then he has some great contacts.

sunshine2828 Guest
    Well if this is true, then he has some great contacts.
    No kidding! It's not even on Tmz, Yahoo, etc....

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I just saw on CNN's Headline News that she is exactly as Duster and myself reported. She had an accident skiing, is in hospital recovering.