Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaliyah

Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    i wish there were good pics of the scene, like our fav Brazilian band
    lol i might have to put something on that thread it's getting low down the page now, not much more to tell though

I had to add that I loved Aaliyah.

She had premonitions of her death, and people close to her said that she was very different in the days just before she died. I wish there was a page about her here! I know she's underrated, but I was shocked to see nothing about her.

There are a lot of misunderstandings about the plane crash. She would have NEVER boarded the plane if she had any idea that it was remotely dangerous. She was scared of small planes. Before her plane ride to the Bahamas a few days before she died, when she looked at the plane she said, "I hate these small planes" and she needed encouragement to board it.

She was a beautiful person on the inside and out, I've done a lot of research on her. She was amazingly talented and very underrated. RIP Aaliyah!

pandora7891 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Did I read somewhere that the plane was overloaded because she insisted on bringing ALL of her luggage back with her? It seems the article/person/new/whatever said that the pilot told her the plane would be carrying too much weight and that it could come on another flight later when all the video stuff came back. She threw a fit and insisted HER luggage come with the passengers. Not trying to demoralize her memory, but that's what I heard.
    No, quite the opposite. The plane was overloaded because of the amount of crew and their luggage all in all. Aaliyah didnt go out shopping and have a whole load of shit. She went there, worked continously, finished a day early and it was decided by everyone that they would head back early.

Aaliyah was scared to get on small planes but she did, because she didnt want to cause a fuss.

If she had acted more like a diva, she would have been alive today.

Guest Guest
    I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember some drama about her funeral and it's size.....Something about Al Sharpton and a comment he made? Does anyone remember this or does this apply to another celeb funeral?

Can u see my signature yet? I cant figure it out lol.

Finally

Rev.josh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I'm not a fan, but she was so young, and gooooorgeous, and her funeral was out of this world. I was a producer for a morning local news show when it happened and you could not escape it. It was a Big Story. (And then, you're right, 9/11 happened.)

I read somewhere that she was badly burned but still alive when they got to her? Anyone know? I couldn't find an autopsy report or anything.
    is this her in the body bag?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post
    Whomever is in that bag looks to be either a large person, or possibly more than one body or body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    we've got ourselves another troll. Every post so far from this dude/dudette is meant to stir things up. Time to go report!

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!:d

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post

It looks like two bags side by side to me.

Rev.josh Guest
    It could be more than one person. I know that is a terrible crash!

moviestar Guest
    i just cant believe someone,somewhere didnt get pics of them lying there after the accident..

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Yes it is two bags next to each other. You can make out the two tops of them if you look closely. I wonder if there were only big pieces in those bags? Otherwise, why so much tape on them? Isn't usually only the top and bottom of the bags sealed up, unless the body parts are in danger of falling off? Also, why are the body bags blue, with what looks like duct tape wrapped around them? Aren't body bags usually black with zippers on them? These look like two tarps and duct tape that you'd find at your local Home Depot!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Sphr798 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimore1977 View Post
    According to this article - http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/a...aaliyah.crash/ - there were 574 lbs of luggage on the plane. That left 805 lbs for the 9 passengers... another 600 lbs on top of that still would have put the plane in jeopardy. They just had too many people onboard. I haven't seen any reports of Aaliyah specifically being a bitch about the luggage, either.

Another interesting fact I read is that her 300-lb bodyguard survived the night and died awaiting transport back to the states for treatment.

Really good article here about the crash: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...=&pagewanted=1
    You have to factor in the weight of fuel also when you calculate passengers and luggage against the manufacturers gross weight specifications. It is ultimately the pilots responsibility to ensure that that gross weight is not compromised. Even if it were true that she had insisted that all her luggage be on board, it was the pilots responsiblilty to not take off. There is no doubt that he is at fault for this crash. Just read any FAA report on any crash and you will find that they rarely find anything but pilot error as the cause of a crash. Even if they have a mechanical malfunction, the FAA will always find fault with the pilot for not following emergency takeoff/landing procedures.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Yes it is two bags next to each other. You can make out the two tops of them if you look closely. I wonder if there were only big pieces in those bags? Otherwise, why so much tape on them? Isn't usually only the top and bottom of the bags sealed up, unless the body parts are in danger of falling off? Also, why are the body bags blue, with what looks like duct tape wrapped around them? Aren't body bags usually black with zippers on them? These look like two tarps and duct tape that you'd find at your local Home Depot!
    Body bags come in all different colors of the rainbow, seriously. At my office, they are blue, but we used to have pink ones. NYC used black ones I believe and hospitals usually have white ones. Most do have zippers though.

I believe what is being used here is more likely large pieces of plastic that are being kept together with duct tape. She did crash in the islands, and other countries are not as tidy as the US is.

I believe eveything is wrapped up together here though in one piece of plastic/bag whatever they are using. The duct tape is tacky, but maybe that was to assure things would not fall out. Body bags are known to be flimsy.

Sphr798 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She did crash in the islands, and other countries are not as tidy as the US is.
    You're not kidding. Some of the smaller airports in the Bahamas and Bimini still have the crashed planes on both sides of the runway. They just push whats left off the runway. Really makes you a little nervous when you're flying in there.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    You're not kidding. Some of the smaller airports in the Bahamas and Bimini still have the crashed planes on both sides of the runway. They just push whats left off the runway. Really makes you a little nervous when you're flying in there.
    Holy cow!

I have only flown into Jamaica but that was scarey enough for me!

lab_rat Guest
    The more I look at it I think there is a wheel from the plane sitting on top of the body or maybe it is attached to the body or in the body. *shudders* I think it is one bag with a lot of tape in the middle under where the wheel is or its holding the wheel in place. I think the left side is the feet and the head is at an angle coming out towards us to the right.

pinupgirl1948 Guest
    She was so beautiful and talented

Reecy Guest
    This is really sad but I never knew who Aaliyah was before she died.

The only reason I saw any Aaliyah was one time I was going to my local Walmart and there was a huge bus parked in front of it and the side picture on the bus was a huge picture of Aaliyah. It kind've said something like buy her new CD. I thought to myself I have never heard of her.

Then like 2 days later her plane crashed. It gives me the shudders till this day. RIP Aaliyah.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    This is really sad but I never knew who Aaliyah was before she died.

The only reason I saw any Aaliyah was one time I was going to my local Walmart and there was a huge bus parked in front of it and the side picture on the bus was a huge picture of Aaliyah. It kind've said something like buy her new CD. I thought to myself I have never heard of her.

Then like 2 days later her plane crashed. It gives me the shudders till this day. RIP Aaliyah.
    I hadn't heard of her until after she died.

girlnamedfaerie Guest
    I loved her in Queen of the Damned.

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedfaerie View Post
    I loved her in Queen of the Damned.
    Sorry that movie was an abomination and an abhorration of the true vampire geneology. While Aaliyah was visually gorgeous her acting was abyssmal. She sounded like a third rate b-movie dracula. "I Vant to Suck Your Blood!" Laughable at best forgettable in the most optimal outcome. Unfortunate is the best description. What an awful swan song. Poor beautiful Aaliyah.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

girlnamedfaerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Sorry that movie was an abomination and an abhorration of the true vampire geneology. While Aaliyah was visually gorgeous her acting was abyssmal. She sounded like a third rate b-movie dracula. "I Vant to Suck Your Blood!" Laughable at best forgettable in the most optimal outcome. Unfortunate is the best description. What an awful swan song. Poor beautiful Aaliyah.
    Haha. Well, visually it was beautiful.

L1049 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    You have to factor in the weight of fuel also when you calculate passengers and luggage against the manufacturers gross weight specifications. It is ultimately the pilots responsibility to ensure that that gross weight is not compromised. Even if it were true that she had insisted that all her luggage be on board, it was the pilots responsiblilty to not take off. There is no doubt that he is at fault for this crash.
    That's what pisses me off. It takes 10 minutes *at the most* to do the appropriate weight and balance calculations and maybe another 10 minutes to do the Center of Gravity calculations. A fifth grader can do weight and balance calculations.

Just read any FAA report on any crash and you will find that they rarely find anything but pilot error as the cause of a crash. Even if they have a mechanical malfunction, the FAA will always find fault with the pilot for not following emergency takeoff/landing procedures.
    During the 'human factors' section of my private pilot ground school the instructor basically said, "Even if someone else fucks up, it's always the pilot's fault."

Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I hadn't heard of her until after she died.
    me neither.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She's always been one of my favs. I loved her style, always look slick n smooth lol. Back and Forth is one of my fav all time songs.

Guest Guest
    At your best and The One I gave my Heart to are my faves

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    At your best and The One I gave my Heart to are my faves
    I was going thro my first heartbreak at the time The One I Gave My Heart To. Oh man I listed to it over n over lol.

Someone said on her IMDB board that her family has an agreement with BET and MTV to never again air her music video "Hot Like Fire" because they find it morbid considering how she died.
    I of course searched for any info on this and came up with nothing.
    Even if there's no truth to it, the relation of the two is pretty eerie.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

halogirl5 Guest
    She had the most amazing funeral

Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Someone said on her IMDB board that her family has an agreement with BET and MTV to never again air her music video "Hot Like Fire" because they find it morbid considering how she died.
    I of course searched for any info on this and came up with nothing.
    Even if there's no truth to it, the relation of the two is pretty eerie.
    I'm almost positive I've seen it aired on Mtv 2 I think. They have an hour of her vids all the time. Never thought about the relation until now.

hotmama Guest
    that was not her voice anyhow. her voice was taken out of the picture once she died. the movie did not come out until after her death and at the family's request her voice was removed. i actually believe all her parts were not done when she died. so they had to make due with what they had.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I remember reading when they came across the crash site, one of the passenger's who was still alive said something like, "I sure am thirsty" and then died. Such a tragedy...

Unfortunately

Unfortunately, I agree. What a terrible way to end her promising career. It was embarassingly bad. Poor dear, I think she was just plain mis-cast or badly directed.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OhMyLola Guest
    Aaliyah married R. Kelly when she was 15 (they met when she was 12), therefore no surprise that the first album he produced with her was "Age Ain't Nothin But a Number". He's a creep. As for her, I was a huge fan.
    Her funeral was absolutely beautiful.
    Btw, this is the last photo taken on the way to the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree. What a terrible way to end her promising career. It was embarassingly bad. Poor dear, I think she was just plain mis-cast or badly directed.
    I've personally never seen it, but my sister is a huge Anne Rice fan, so I heard all about how inaccurate it was to the book, etc.

One bit of trivia I remember - Anne Rice posted a note on her site about how horrible the movie was, all of the performances, etc (I think it was already in post when she passed away), but removed it within days of her death, out of courtesy to Aaliyah.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Yea that movie looked cheap,like the makeup on some of those vampires looked like that stuff you buy at walmart for 1.99

gemini33 Guest
    I had heard Aaliyah's "Try Again", I liked the song. I thought she was gorgeous! When I heard about her death and the whole "plane was too heavy thing"... this was a senseless death. I can't even stand to look at that last pic of them.

Anonymous Spirit Guest

Unhappy Aaliyah

Curious, I don't see Aaliyah Dana on the grand ol' list.

What a crime!

SueWahoo Guest
    No crime has been committed here:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1788

Anonymous Spirit Guest
    Aha, good to know!

Guest Guest
    so did anyone every find an autospy on Aaliyah?

Lisamarie Guest
    I have hear there are indeed pics of her dead someplace online...because she is laying next to the fuseloge or how ever you say that...anyway I have never seen them..but a friend did and said she looked pretty bad.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I have hear there are indeed pics of her dead someplace online...because she is laying next to the fuseloge or how ever you say that...anyway I have never seen them..but a friend did and said she looked pretty bad.

what?!........... how did your friend describe her appearance?

Lisamarie Guest
    he said she was laying next to the fuseloge thing on her back and the side of her face was blackened with soot or burns he couldent tell and her eyes were open. He studies plane crashes..and works for a recovery team and he said they used those pics to show the damage. I myself have never seen, but would love too..poor thing.

Guest Guest
    wow..........that's too bad.......... but if you ever find the pics or he does... please pm me so I can see them too......

Lisamarie Guest
    I know I want to see them too!!!! And an autopsy report!!!!

RoRo Guest
    If I am not mistaken after her death some re-recording needed to be done on the movie and her brother or cousin was asked to do it...can't remember where I saw that..I will have to search for it

Guest Guest
    it was her brother who is just as attractive as she was........... his voice was very similar to hers