Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

Elizabeth Guest

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    Appetite for Self-Destruction -- Adler Busted Again
    Posted Feb 1st 2009 3:30PM by TMZ Staff
    We've learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns 'N Roses -- has been busted (again) on a drug charge.

Cops tell us Adler was arrested on Jan. 26th and charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance -- a misdemeanor. We don't know the exact substance.

Steven was released the same day at 10:50 AM on $50,527 bail (weirdest amount we ever done seen). No court date has been set.

Adler was busted last July for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and for an outstanding warrant -- and was ordered by the court to stay at the Pasadena Recovery Center.
    I have only the best wishes for Steven, but honestly not the highest of hopes....

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I have only the best wishes for Steven, but honestly not the highest of hopes....
    I like that sentiment. I certainly feel the same.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

If Adler lives out the year I will eat this laptop computer piece by piece, because I can't eat my words on here.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Maybe he's trying to kill himself, but doesn't want to do it directly? Meaning, he hopes for death and gives himself a little more everytime thinking this might be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Maybe he's trying to kill himself, but doesn't want to do it directly? Meaning, he hopes for death and gives himself a little more everytime thinking this might be the one.
    I think it probably takes more and more heroin as time passes just for him to get high and eventually it will be enough to kill him. I don't get the vibe that he is suicidal though...
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    If Adler lives out the year I will eat this laptop computer piece by piece, because I can't eat my words on here.
    Can you tape that and post it here?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    What happened that made Jeff go on pain meds?
    from what i gather & what he told dr drew~ during the ending sequence of grease, when they are all at the carnival & he is on the shoulders of the other actors, he was dropped hurting his back badly~ i think he had other things go wrong too, but this is what he told dr drew~

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    from what i gather & what he told dr drew~ during the ending sequence of grease, when they are all at the carnival & he is on the shoulders of the other actors, he was dropped hurting his back badly~ i think he had other things go wrong too, but this is what he told dr drew~

There was something about him lifting boxes which caused the back problems to return.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    Thanks Goddess and Hox. Is he blaming his bad behavior on the drugs and pain?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

hoxharding Guest
    How did everyone feel about the latest episode? Anyone surprised by Andy?

No...I had heard that Andy would be joining them. I think he looks terrible.

I hope Gen keeps Steven out. Everyone in the house is pressuring her to let him come back.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

hoxharding Guest
    Andy looks terrible,but he certainly acted sweet-was not expecting that.

This isn't funny, but I have to say, I find it ironic that about half the people in Sober House never are.

I was *very* surprised by Andy. He nearly made me cry, talking about his son. I've never liked him, even before it became apparent he was a nut, but he was very tolerable last night, except for his creepy habit of touching everyone.

I hate that Steven can't get it together. It's obvious his wife and friends love him and want him to stay sober, but he just can't do it.

I want Seth to get clean and stay clean before he kills himself, but it looks like that's not happening either.

I'm not liking Mary so much - - and she needs to dump her POS boyfriend.

Rodney's so sweet and normal he keeps getting... pushed to the side, ignored - - if anyone makes it, he'd be the one to do it.

I don't care much for Nikki, even though she's obviously had a rough time and gets no support from her husband.

Amber, eh. She messed up last night, going to the party. Who didn't know she would drink in that situation?

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    This isn't funny, but I have to say, I find it ironic that about half the people in Sober House never are.

I was *very* surprised by Andy. He nearly made me cry, talking about his son. I've never liked him, even before it became apparent he was a nut, but he was very tolerable last night, except for his creepy habit of touching everyone.

I hate that Steven can't get it together. It's obvious his wife and friends love him and want him to stay sober, but he just can't do it.

I want Seth to get clean and stay clean before he kills himself, but it looks like that's not happening either.

I'm not liking Mary so much - - and she needs to dump her POS boyfriend.

Rodney's so sweet and normal he keeps getting... pushed to the side, ignored - - if anyone makes it, he'd be the one to do it.

I don't care much for Nikki, even though she's obviously had a rough time and gets no support from her husband.

Amber, eh. She messed up last night, going to the party. Who didn't know she would drink in that situation?

I agree. It's sad that the one that's actually staying sober, isn't the main part of the show. It's the ones that cause the drama (STEVEN) and don't stay sober. But, I guess that's what America wants.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    i love andy. i loved his show on mtv. i hope he gets sober. i have heard him on stern with his son several times and they are really close.

amber should never have gone to that party. the guy was a total douche and she blew her sobriety for that shit.

Bleedstreet Guest
    A private pick of Steve last month,,,,he has his good days and his bad.

Taggerez Guest
    Please. King is flying under the radar. He has 10 arrests for assault and battery and several others for domestic abuse. He's been to rehab (mostly court-ordered) nearly 10 times and failed. The guy might be the best actor in the bunch.

Right? Me either.

Elizabeth Guest

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedstreet View Post
    A private pick of Steve last month,,,,he has his good days and his bad.
    He looks awesome here!!!! That smile gets me every time!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

ozzysmom Guest
    Had anybody noticed how Nikki is always grinding her jaw?? I thought this was something that people on coke or crack? Everytime they show her while she's not talking you see her grinding her jaw? what's up with that?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Had anybody noticed how Nikki is always grinding her jaw?? I thought this was something that people on coke or crack? Everytime they show her while she's not talking you see her grinding her jaw? what's up with that?

I think I read that is a side effect-she also might have TMJ or simply grinds her teeth(?)
    I bet her teeth are pretty ground down whatever the cause.
    -
    I am still amazed how sweet Andy Dick was! I mean,what is that?

octobersky Guest
    I was shocked how sweet and quiet Andy was. I really hope he makes it and I think he wants to.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post

I noticed that...I think she is flipping, or messing with her tongue piercing...that's why I hate when people get close to me and start flipping their bar bell in my face...Keep it to yourself. Have nothing against them, just don't want to see them non stop

sheri Guest
    I think I read that is a side effect-she also might have TMJ or simply grinds her teeth(?)
    I bet her teeth are pretty ground down whatever the cause.
    -
    I am still amazed how sweet Andy Dick was! I mean,what is that?
    TMJ is the medical lettering/acronym for lockjaw. I know, as my 1st younger sister had a bad case of it. Lockjaw is exactly what it is - your jaws lock up on you. My sister's was so bad, she literally could not get a plastic McDonald's drinking straw through her teeth. And that was on her worst days of it, on milder days, she would have to force herself to yawn to unlock her jaws. The only thing that permanently fixed it in my sister's case was having surgery. Doctors had to go in and remove all of the damaged cartilige on both sides. She started bleeding for no apparent reason post-op and that wasn't fun. But, since the surgery she's been fine, no more episodes.

Nikki's jaw grinding I'm guessing is either because of being sober and trying to find something else for her mouth to do (and I don't mean it that way), or she's playing with that damn tongue piercing. Either way, it's annoying as all get out. As for Andy, he's just that - a dick. And annoying as well. He really lives up to his last name.

I thought I was the only one that noticed her doing that to her jaw. It drives me nuts. She used to do it on American Idol all the time.

BooMom Guest
    I'd bet on TMJ for Nikki, too. Bruxism occurs mostly while you're asleep. My dad had it BAAAAD! He's been gone for 28 years - I can still hear that damnable noise in my head ! *full body shudder*

Spoiler Alert!

So the teaser at the end of tonight's episode probably has tons of people madly Googling to see if Seth is dead or alive. The show was taped last summer. If he were dead, we FAD hags would know by now.

What good did Seth's friend think he would cause by passing on David's stupid remarks to him in that environment? The friend couldn't wait until Seth was at least in a better environment if he had to play gossip fairy? Everyone knows David's an asshole. The latest bit of bilge to spill from him can't wait? Get another manager, people!

On a bright note, I think Mary would do well teaching ballet to kids. Ending her dependence on David and creating some self-sufficiency there on her part I think would also be a good thing for her.

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    I was shocked how sweet and quiet Andy was. I really hope he makes it and I think he wants to.

he looks and sounds awfuly sweet on the show... but every time i see him i think of the 'rumor' that he was the one that helped Phil Hartman's wife relapse. .... i forget who it is in SNL world that won't speak to him over that.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    he looks and sounds awfuly sweet on the show... but every time i see him i think of the 'rumor' that he was the one that helped Phil Hartman's wife relapse. .... i forget who it is in SNL world that won't speak to him over that.

I think I have read that also-he does seem to have been around people who have died and it always involved drugs.

Plus, what kind of 'friend is that guy that Seth knows?
    He knows Seth is an addict,like only about a week off drugs and in a club. What does the 'friend' do? Pass on mean-spirited/stupid remarks to Seth?
    How immature and stupid is that? That just gave Seth the perfect excuse to relapse.
    David looks like a thug and a jerk to me-I wouldn't go near him.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    nice friend seth has. he wanted to make sure he heard all the ugly.....and in other news:

david weintraub needs to be beaten to within an inch of his life, killed, revived and beaten again. what a douche.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post

jon lovitz. they had a fist fight over it.

Overtaxed Guest
    How in G-d's name can Mary ever dance ballet with those breasts? One Plies and she'll tip over flat on her face!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    How in G-d's name can Mary ever dance ballet with those breasts? One Plies and she'll tip over flat on her face!

She got larger implants than what she had before- I wonder if a certain David W. had anything to do with it.

Elizabeth Guest

Random Thoughts

I seriously think Jen has a major crush on Andy Dick (who does seem sweet, but is it an act??) She looks at him with her big brown eyes, and tells him she wants to have some "alone time" with him before the others get home (on the most recent episode)....WTF???

Speaking of Andy, wasn't he also with David Strickland in Vegas before his death? If I were addicted, I most certainly would think of Andy as the Angel of Death, he has been around so many drug-related deaths (the Hartmanns included)....

Mary needs to dump that "boyfriend/agent" of hers.....he is the snakiest thing I have seen....

Rodney King seems very sincere and focused on his sobriety....he doesn't go the the bars, and stays away from the drama....

hoxharding Guest
    I seriously think Jen has a major crush on Andy Dick (who does seem sweet, but is it an act??) She looks at him with her big brown eyes, and tells him she wants to have some "alone time" with him before the others get home (on the most recent episode)....WTF???

Speaking of Andy, wasn't he also with David Strickland in Vegas before his death? If I were addicted, I most certainly would think of Andy as the Angel of Death, he has been around so many drug-related deaths (the Hartmanns included)....

Mary needs to dump that "boyfriend/agent" of hers.....he is the snakiest thing I have seen....

Rodney King seems very sincere and focused on his sobriety....he doesn't go the the bars, and stays away from the drama....

Yes-he was with David before his death. Kind of odd,isn't it? I figure if Jon Lovitz is angry,there must be a solid reason for the anger. I never have heard of Jon just picking fights for the heck of it.

I can't stand Mary's BF-I could just see him tempting her into a relapse. Than berating her for being 'weak' and denying he did anything wrong.

octobersky Guest
    David, Mary's BF is a piece of shit. He was on that show on Bravo - Jo & Slade. I didn't watch it but that tells you a bit about him.
    Sean Stewart and Randy Spelling are good friends of his and they grew up together. So that's his claim to fame I suppose.

Jen needs to not allow him near the house. As far as everyone else (especially Mary) needs to disassociate with him. I am not a Mary Carey fan but what he said about her having her parents genes in her brain was a horrible horrible thing to say but especially to someone in recovery.

octobersky Guest
    Info on Andy Dick and Lovitz.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/17/jo...-up-andy-dick/

At L.A.'s Laugh Factory the other night, Lovitz and Andy Dick got into an argument about Phil Hartman's death and Andy Dick's drug use. Five months before Brynn Hartman shot Phil and herself to death, Dick allegedly gave her cocaine at a house party that Lovitz also attended. Brynn Hartman had been sober for ten years, and now Lovitz blames Dick giving her the cocaine as the reason why she got hooked again and killed Hartman and herself five months later.

According to witnesses, Lovitz picked Dick up several times and smashed his head and face into the bar, causing him to bleed. This isn't the first time they've had words. When Lovitz took over for Hartman on NewsRadio, he told Dick "I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine." And then last year Dick confronted Lovitz at a restaurant, taking drinks off the table and saying he put the "Phil Hartman hex" on him and that he was going to die next.

See, that's the kind of stuff about Andy Dick I was trying to explain to my husband. The Angel of Death DrugBoy thing, because my husband had no idea who he was. When I told him, he said, 'What the hell? That's that guy?'. Me: 'Yep.' (He's only marginally haggy so he's not going to know who everybody is that we know about around here.)

I was surprised that there's been no mention of anything about the Hartmans, David, etc., on Sober House by anyone yet too. The lack of mention by anyone there in fact, just seems so pat to me. As if it's not allowed to be mentioned. Or maybe I'm jumping the gun and it will come up. I don't know. What do you guys think?

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    See, that's the kind of stuff about Andy Dick I was trying to explain to my husband. The Angel of Death DrugBoy thing, because my husband had no idea who he was. When I told him, he said, 'What the hell? That's that guy?'. Me: 'Yep.' (He's only marginally haggy so he's not going to know who everybody is that we know about around here.)

I was surprised that there's been no mention of anything about the Hartmans, David, etc., on Sober House by anyone yet too. The lack of mention by anyone there in fact, just seems so pat to me. As if it's not allowed to be mentioned. Or maybe I'm jumping the gun and it will come up. I don't know. What do you guys think?

I don't think that the others will say anything just yet. Maybe they think that with him being fresh to sobriety that it will hinder him. They may bring it up later on, just not yet.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    I don't think that the others will say anything just yet. Maybe they think that with him being fresh to sobriety that it will hinder him. They may bring it up later on, just not yet.

If he does feel any guilt about it, if he doesn't face it and deal with it, that could affect his sobriety. I wonder who will bring it up?? I do so love this show...and I really don't know why

As for David Weintraub bringing Mary back to his house and he has a bottle of vodka in his freezer?

What a consummate asshole.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

leeny994 Guest
    Thank you guys for the info on the Jon Lovits.I remember how hard he took Phil's death--and i think it was atthe SNL 25th Anni special--he introduced the tribute to Phil--and barely made it through his intro---he was sho choked up. I actually was not a big fan of Jon Lovitz till then.

But i didnot know that he was the one who had the physical altercation with Andy--good for him. I am no advocate of violence but--well sometimes....

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    As for David Weintraub bringing Mary back to his house and he has a bottle of vodka in his freezer?

What a consummate asshole.

seriously. if he LOVED her he would have dumped the bottle down the drain the minute Mary went into rehab.
    Last edited by leeny994; 02-17-2009 at 08:09 AM.

hoxharding Guest
    All David could go on about was how he 'saved' her career. The ballet teacher asked who she was with the last time she relapsed- yup,it was David!
    Even the teacher felt she should get away from him.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Not a fan of Mary but yes she needs to get rid of her Boyfriend. Seth and Steven seem hopeless to me. I think Amber has potential. I think it's wrong that Rodney is being ignored.

I know one thing I will say is I wish the women in that house would dress more appropriately! It seems like all I see when I watch sober house is sagging Boobs Jen, Nikki, Mary... and none of them are stick models... Mary's are so big she looks deformed to me She doesn't look proportionate at all.

Amber dresses appropriately I think... I like Nikki, and Jen but I think they should cover up. I don't want to look at my own sagging boobs let alone thiers.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I don't like Andy Dick at all never have. I don't buy the act. too many people end up dead when they become friends with him and I don't think he'll ever quit he's just like Seth and Steven... addicted for life or til the end of life.

Jeff injured his back very early in his career and has re injured his back over the years it's sad I've seen many people suffer with a bad back and I know how painful it is... but he's slowly killing himself and his personality stinks I think it's all the years of drug abuse. Vicki is looking for a meal ticket and she's found it in Jeff.

hoxharding Guest
    Was anyone else a bit confused about some of the details in the newest episode?

burgtwngrl Guest
    I think they played up the fact that they didn't know if Seth was dead or alive for the cameras. it was obvious he was alive and on the run from the hospital.

I had no idea that "David" was David Weintraub Sean Stewart's friend. He seems like a real prick... I mean who is he to call all those people has been... It's better to be a has been then a "never was" like him!

Elizabeth Guest

The Only Reason

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I think they played up the fact that they didn't know if Seth was dead or alive for the cameras. it was obvious he was alive and on the run from the hospital.

I had no idea that "David" was David Weintraub Sean Stewart's friend. He seems like a real prick... I mean who is he to call all those people has been... It's better to be a has been then a "never was" like him!
    David Weinstraub is the son of producer Jerry Weintraub. That is all he is famous for. What an ass!!!

Weren't he and Sean Stewart and one other LA brat on some A&E show for a short period of time?? A reality show??

hoxharding Guest

Spoilers -warning

David Weinstraub is the son of producer Jerry Weintraub. That is all he is famous for. What an ass!!!

Weren't he and Sean Stewart and one other LA brat on some A&E show for a short period of time?? A reality show??
    WARNING_SPOILERS -

David is in or has been in like 3 or 4 reality shows. He also is in some sort of documentary about porn actors(so is Mary Carey)
    I was confused if Seth really had taken a bunch or drugs or just Xanax and alcohol. How did that girl get a black eye? What happened to the 300 Xanax?
    Did he just od on stuff and end up in the ER? First they said heart attack. Then he said he didn't have one. Then he had medical
    sticky thing on his chest.
    Was not the clearest episode I felt.