Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seung Hui-Cho

Seung Hui-Cho

we all remember this bastard. For anyone interested here is the report into the Virginia Tech massacre.

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/TempContent/techpanelreport.cfm

Appendix L gives a list of all school shootings in the USA 1966-2007. It all started with Charles Whitman in Texas in 1966. Sad.

Cho was drug free as per the toxicology report.
    Last edited by cash; 04-22-2009 at 04:35 PM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Cho was " soul " free....as in the prick didn`t have one....thanks for the link....should be interesting reading

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Cho was " soul " free....as in the prick didn`t have one....thanks for the link....should be interesting reading

i always find such after the fact reports interesting. they are so cold and antiseptic. they cannot account for the true pain.

I hope the souless prick is enjoying an unseasonably hot heat wave in hell as I write this.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I am suprised this guy hasn't shown up here before this with his own thread.
    Let the posting begin

endsleigh03 Guest
    His family seemed to remain quiet thru the whole ordeal (not suprised there) Does anyone know if any of them actually spoke or gave interviews?

tensecondstolove Guest
    Ugh, this guy was such a worthless piece of shit. Just the fact alone that people tried to include him and tried to be friends with him proves that everyone can give up the whole "he was getting revenge on the people who picked on him" argument. This guy was just looking for a way out and decided to take a bunch of innocent lives with him. May his "soul" burn in Hell for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    His family seemed to remain quiet thru the whole ordeal (not suprised there) Does anyone know if any of them actually spoke or gave interviews?
    the family had this to say:

[edit] Reaction of Cho's family

Cho's older sister, Sun-Kyung Cho, a 2004 graduate of Princeton University who works as a contractor for the United States Department of State,[106][107] prepared a statement on her family's behalf to apologize publicly for her brother's actions, in addition to lending prayers to the victims and the families of the wounded and killed victims.[108] "This is someone that I grew up with and loved. Now I feel like I didn't know this person," she said in the statement issued through a North Carolina attorney. "We never could have envisioned that he was capable of so much violence."[108] Cho's grandfather stated, "My grandson Seung-Hui was very shy. I can't believe he did such a thing

djdeath-hag Guest
    So....if even the folks who knew & loved him didn't see this coming, who are we to blame THEM? ~peace, Dennis....your resident bleeding heart

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    So....if even the folks who knew & loved him didn't see this coming, who are we to blame THEM? ~peace, Dennis....your resident bleeding heart
    Cho's favorite song was "Shine" by Collective Soul. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP3yeqkkYBE

did anyone else find the videos he made creepy? i've seen the videos he made along with the ones harris and klebold (columbine) made, there were some eerie similarities.

disco Guest
    They are all in gods Hands now. @Let the cold wind of the horrible past be replaced with a beautiful spring of the future and love can flourish once again. "Thats all I got to say about that".

Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    did anyone else find the videos he made creepy? i've seen the videos he made along with the ones harris and klebold (columbine) made, there were some eerie similarities.
    the official report states that Cho was obsessed with Columbine and the shootings in April 1999 had caused him to go into a deep depression. it was the first major sign that sometime was terribly wrong with Cho. Cho was in grade 8. All these nut jobs are obsessed with Columbine ( even in Finland)

oh yeah! i read about that cash. you are so right. i forgot about that.

i must admit i'm a bit obsessed with columbine myself.

i am interested in it from the point of preventing more of them.

agreed, how can it be prevented if the cause is still somewhat unknown? i think that may be the dilemma!

disco Guest
    Yea I saw the taping just last week, thanks to a death hag. I couldnt get it out of my head for two days. Especially at the end when they knew they had to die. I mean having to decide on the count.

all the warning signs were there with Cho - they were all ignored by family, consellors, teachers, doctors, etc.

indeed. you would think people would get that by now, eh?

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    all the warning signs were there with Cho - they were all ignored by family, consellors, teachers, doctors, etc.
    i see what you are saying, but many of those signs are seen in teens that are just finding it hard to grow up, but don't end up hurting anyone... it is so hard to know when this one is the one in a million that will go homicidal...

it's easy to blame people after the fact, because kids can be so secretive... then you have kids that talk about doing things for shock value and to be rebellious...

it's a tough call... blaming the families is counter productive in my opinion. i am sure if you asked them, they would gladly trade places with the families of the victims... no one wants to think they could raise a monster...

excellent point susalu! the parents of the killers are victims as well in most cases. i will tell you one thing, when i do have children, they can have privacy when they're out of my house. i know i want to know everything i can! i wont be able to find out everything but i know i'll find duffle bags full of ammunition in my house.

if your kid starts idolizing the Columbine murderers, something is wrong.

susalu Guest
    if your kid starts idolizing the Columbine murderers, something is wrong.
    i just spent the better part of an hour reading the report... i had no idea that those two parents put so much energy into getting that kid help... he saw many counselors and had a lot of interventions in his life and he still ending up senselessly killing those kids..

i do agree with you, there is something wrong with your kid if they start idolizing the columbine murderers.... but not every kid that does this sort of thing ends up going homicidal... i had a friend who's nephew wore swastikas and idolized hitler when he was in his teens... the kid is now a nice young man with a family.... i am just saying that you can't always make the jump from what people say to predicting what they will do...

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    excellent point susalu! the parents of the killers are victims as well in most cases. i will tell you one thing, when i do have children, they can have privacy when they're out of my house. i know i want to know everything i can! i wont be able to find out everything but i know i'll find duffle bags full of ammunition in my house.
    it's scary being a parent, jessica... i have a huge 22 year old son... he would never intentionally harm anyone, but will he never find himself on the wrong side of the law? all it takes is one bad decision and a many lives can be ruined... parenthood ain't for sissies, that's for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    i just spent the better part of an hour reading the report... i had no idea that those two parents put so much energy into getting that kid help... he saw many counselors and had a lot of interventions in his life and he still ending up senselessly killing those kids..

i do agree with you, there is something wrong with your kid if they start idolizing the columbine murderers.... but not every kid that does this sort of thing ends up going homicidal... i had a friend who's nephew wore swastikas and idolized hitler when he was in his teens... the kid is now a nice young man with a family.... i am just saying that you can't always make the jump from what people say to predicting what they will do...
    i thought i was the only one who read the whole thing susalu. found the whole thing compelling and sad. there were some heros as well esp. the faculty and students who prevented cho from doing more damage

susalu Guest
    i thought i was the only one who read the whole thing susalu. found the whole thing compelling and sad. there were some heros as well esp. the faculty and students who prevented cho from doing more damage
    my son was in middle school during columbine (which was about 20 miles away from where we lived).... they made an announcement at my job, anyone with kids at columbine hs were to report to the commanders office (i worked at a military installation). that was one of the scariest days of our lives... once we knew it was isolated in one school, we were relieved, but i had coworkers who had kids at columbine...

what is so scary about cho was that he studied what happened at columbine and figured out ways to do more damage than they did!

looking at the faces of the victims in that report just made me so upset... that could have been my kid or anyone's kid that got killed so senselessly... those families will never be the same... i imagine many of those teachers have retired or moved on...

no doubt he had planned well in advance and the plan, unfortunately, worked. Must be terrible for the families who lost kids. Some of the survivors must be scarred for life.

RoRo Guest
    this guy was so scary....some signs are seen in hindsight but this one seems to have been glaring!

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    it's scary being a parent, jessica... i have a huge 22 year old son... he would never intentionally harm anyone, but will he never find himself on the wrong side of the law? all it takes is one bad decision and a many lives can be ruined... parenthood ain't for sissies, that's for
    sure!!

i agree with you completely. i know that's all it takes.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

SuckMyKiss Guest
    It says I'n the report though that his parent's AND teachers had picked up on his obvious mental problems and had sent him to some kind of doctor. So it wasn't as if it was completely ignored. It's easy to blame the parents when you are not in their situation. Some people are just messed up beyond help.

jarrett622 Guest
    There were clear signs that Cho was mentally ill and very disturbed. He fell through the cracks. Because St. Albans never notified or filed a report with LE he was able to buy not one but two guns.

One of my daughters works at tech in the Biology Dept. I've worked at Tech along with another of my daughters. The first I knew was I got a call from her. She was in lockdown in her office, which thankfully had no exterior windows. It was utter chaos. She'd received an email about an hour before that telling about the shooting in the dorms. There was little more info than that other than that everything was under control. Suddenly all hell had broken loose. I was scared to death. She was stuck there and there was no telling when they'd be allowed to evacuate. And she couldn't just walk away from all the animals she's responsible for. It was horrific. All of it was just horrific.

Hindsight is 20/20. When the first bodies were found they never confirmed the location or identity of the alleged killer. That he was even off campus for sure. There are so many things that had to be considered. Tech is *huge* campus. At the time this was all happening they had thousands of students heading to campus for morning classes. I don't know and can't pretend to second guess why they made the decisions they did that day. But of course, if they'd locked the campus down immediately after the first incident what would the outcome have been? Cho left campus at some point to mail that information at the local post office. I can tell you that PO was about 5 minutes away by car for Cho. Would he have been back on campus? Would he been able to get back on campus? Would he have started shooting up people downtown at that point? Or would he have waited til the lockdown was over?

When my son graduated from HS last June we stopped by on the way home to visit the memorial that had been created (he was living with the same daughter that still works at Tech). There are no words to describe how that felt. Even the pictures I took can't totally relay what it felt like. For anyone interested here's the link to my photos: http://mydllurth.com/image/tid/26

This was shortly before they installed a more permanent memorial. This was the original memorial that just sort of created itself.

deathhagcutie Guest
    he copied that hammer pic from a great movie called "oldboy" i thought he was gay for doing that cuz ppl might start blaming the movie..with the texas campus killings, regular ppl who saw what was going on stopped him by going to there cars and getting there guns and killing him so not as many ppl were killed..
    Last edited by deathhagcutie; 01-04-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: drinking and typing lol

Seagorath Guest
    Does anybody know where this little bastard is buried? If you do please post it here!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Does anybody know where this little bastard is buried? If you do please post it here!
    Don't know.
    But it seems like his family would...try to hide it.
    Because there would be a huge amount of vandalism if people knew, I think.

I am going to go look.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Burial location 'unknown' at Findagrave.

Virtual flowers have been turned off, of course.

Yes, the following statement was issued by his sister Sun-Kyung Cho, Cho's sister, on behalf of herself and her family a few days after the events:

"On Behalf of our family, we are so deeply sorry for the devastation my brother has caused. No words can express our sadness that 32 innocent people lost their lives this week in such a terrible, senseless tragedy. We are heartbroken.

"We grieve alongside the families, the Virginia Tech community, our State of Virginia, and the rest of the nation. And, the world.

"Every day since April 16, my father, mother and I pray for students Ross Abdallah Alameddine, Brian Roy Bluhm, Ryan Chistopher Clark, Austin Michelle Cloyd, Matthew Gregory Gwaltney, Caitlin Millar Hammaren, Jeremy Michael Herbstritt, Rachael Elizabeth Hill, Emily Jane Hilscher, Jarrett Lee Lane, Matthew Joseph La Porte, Henry J. Lee, Partahi Mamora Halomoan Lumbantoruan, Lauren Ashley McCain, Daniel Patrick O'Neil, J. Ortiz-Ortiz, Minal Hiralal Panchal, Daniel Alejandro Perez, Erin Nicole Peterson, Michael Steven Pohle, Jr., Julia Kathleen Pryde, Mary Karen Read, Reema Joseph Samaha, Waleed Mohamed Shaalan, Leslie Geraldine Sherman, Maxine Shelly Turner, Nicole White, Instructor Christopher James Bishop, and Professors Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, Kevin P. Granata, Liviu Librescu and G.V. Loganathan.

"We pray for their families and loved ones who are experiencing so much excruciating grief. And we pray for those who were injured and for those whose lives are changed forever because of what they witnessed and experienced.

"Each of these people had so much love, talent and gifts to offer, and their lives were cut short by a horrible and senseless act.

"We are humbled by this darkness. We feel hopeless and lost. This is someone that I grew up with and loved. Now I feel like I didn't nkow this person.

"We have always been a close, peaceful and loving family. My brother was quiet and reserved, yet struggled to fit in. We never could have envisioned that he was capable of so much violence.

"He has made the world weep. We are living a nightmare.

"There is much justified anger and disbelief at what my brother did, and a lot of questions were left unanswered. Our family will continue to cooperate fully and do whatever we can to help authorities understand why these senseless acts happened. We have many unanswered questions as well.

"Our family is so very sorry for my brother's unspeakable actions. It is a terrible tragedy for all of us."

It has already been stated that the family of Cho are victims also, this statement backs it up. I can't even imagine what kind of horror they must be going through. My anger is at the mental health industry - who I think failed everybody concerned. No drugs were in his system. Look at the video he made (it can be found at YouTube) and what you see is a person whose entire wiring in his entire body seems to be set at "rage". It is chilling.

And if you REALLY want to be amazed, go read the story of Howard Unruh, who went on his rampage back in the 1940s - he is still alive and locked up in a mental institution. He has not spoken to people, like he didn't BEFORE the rampage. Does this sound familiar?

Burial location 'unknown' at Findagrave.

Virtual flowers have been turned off, of course.
    Yeah, that would be inappropriate. They should just delete him. I mean, if they don't know where the grave is, what's the point?

I remember hearing he turned in a story for his creative writing class that was, mostly, the lyrics to "Mr. Brownstone" by Guns n' Roses. I have a degree in creative writing and that would've been enough for me if I'd shared a class with him and had to read that. CRAY-ZEE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Yeah, that would be inappropriate. They should just delete him. I mean, if they don't know where the grave is, what's the point?

I remember hearing he turned in a story for his creative writing class that was, mostly, the lyrics to "Mr. Brownstone" by Guns n' Roses. I have a degree in creative writing and that would've been enough for me if I'd shared a class with him and had to read that. CRAY-ZEE.
    At the bottom is says they are looking for anyone with info about the location, etc. of his burial or whatever.

I guess they do that whenever they don't have it.
    Wonder if they sent him back to the homeland.

Seagorath Guest
    Many of you may not be aware of this, but Cho also mailed a "rage-filled" letter regarding Professor Carl Bean to the University (the same time he mailed the NBC packet). If anybody has access to this letter please post it here. Here's Carl Bean's ratings on the web...if anybody is curious...

http://www.ratevtteachers.com/detail.asp?id=359

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post

Not to be insensitive, but they shouldn't have put him on the site in the first place. The same with other serial killers, unless they want their graves vandalized or something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Seagorath Guest
    I'm sure the little bastard is buried somewhere in Centreville, Virginia...in an unmarked grave.

Based on the way he was (especially during the shooting), he probably didn't want people to know where his grave was. He was definitely a psycho with some serious mental issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Seagorath Guest
    Here's one of the 2nd floor Norris Hall classrooms...after they cleaned it up...chilling...

bloodrocuted Guest
    If anyone wants, I'll post the whack-ass play that he wrote here. It's pretty dumb shit, but it gives you a sense of the kind of immature detritus that went through his head.

melmoney Guest
    Seagorath, thanks for sharing that picture. I've always wanted to see actual crime scene photos but a post Norris Hall classroom picture will do

Is it really possible to truly clean up a crime scene?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

bloodrocuted Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Is it really possible to truly clean up a crime scene?
    Depends on the severity, I guess. Unless you meant that in a metaphorical sense.

Seagorath Guest
    No problem. I'm just as obsessed with the Virginia Tech Massacre as I am the Jonestown tragedy. I'll post more pics as I unearth them. I'm still looking for autopsy reports on the individual students. Hopefully they'll release the Emily Haas recording someday...that's the holy grail of VTM artifacts...along with crime-scene photos.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    Seagorath, thanks for sharing that picture. I've always wanted to see actual crime scene photos but a post Norris Hall classroom picture will do