Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notorius B.I.G. ( Biggie Smalls )

Forever-27 Guest

Notorius B.I.G. ( Biggie Smalls )

This is from Wiki,

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997), popularly known as Biggie Smalls (after a gangster in the 1975 film Let's Do It Again),[1] Big Poppa, The Black Frank White (from the film King of New York), and his primary stage name, The Notorious B.I.G., was an American rapper

Biggie traveled to California in February 1997 to promote his upcoming album and record a music video for its lead single, "Hypnotize". On March 5, 1997 Biggie gave a radio interview with The Dog House on KYLD in San Francisco. In the interview he stated that he had hired security since he feared for his safety, but this was because he was a celebrity figure, not specifically a rapper.[31] Life After Death was scheduled for release on March 25, 1997. On March 8, 1997, he presented an award to Toni Braxton at the 11th Annual Soul Train Music Awards in Los Angeles and was booed by some of the audience.[24] After the ceremony, Biggie attended an after party hosted by Vibe magazine and Qwest Records at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.[24] Other guests included Faith Evans, Sean "Puffy" Combs and members of the Bloods and Crips gangs.[7]
    On March 9, 1997, at around 12:30 a.m., Biggie left with his entourage in two Chevy Suburbans to return to his hotel after an announcement was made that the party would finish early. Biggie traveled in the front passenger seat alongside his associates, Damion "D-Rock" Butler, Junior M.A.F.I.A. member Lil' Cease and driver, Gregory "G-Money" Young. Combs traveled in the other vehicle with three bodyguards. The two trucks were trailed by a Chevrolet Blazer carrying Bad Boy's director of security.[7]
    By 12:45 a.m. the streets were crowded with people leaving the event. Biggie's truck stopped at a red light 50 yards (46 m) from the museum. A black Chevy Impala pulled up alongside Biggie's truck. The driver of the Impala (an African-American male neatly dressed in a blue suit and bow tie) rolled down his window, drew a 9 mm blue-steel pistol and fired numerous rounds into the GMC Suburban; four bullets hit Biggie in the chest.[7] Biggie was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center by his entourage but was pronounced dead at 1:15 a.m.

Biggie's murder remains unsolved and there are a plethora of theories as to the identities and motives of the murderers.

I can't believe this is the first thread on Biggie!

And this is the only song of his I know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF3WZho3i9s
    Last edited by Nessa; 12-28-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

3. 12-28-2008, 10:15 PM

Forever-27 Guest
    I happen to see his life on Biography channel. As much as I dont care for rap/ Hip-Hop the show was a great profile on his life. Very imformative.

Going Back to Cali is a very catchy song. Its unmistakeably biggie

His VH1 Behind The Music was really good, the ending was sad when his mother said how she missed cooking for him and missed his big laugh but most of all just missed her son. Didn't the LAPD get sued for screwing up the investigation a few years ago?

why was he booed at the soul train awards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    why was he booed at the soul train awards?
    Because a lot of rap fans believe he was responsible for killing Tupac Shaker.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Always wondered about his name. Big guy small balls?

In Indonesia they say "Orang besar, zakar kechil." Literally, big man, small dick.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

In Indonesia they say "Orang besar, zakar kechil." Literally, big man, small dick.
    Could be. Me, I've always wondered about these guys who wear big honking belt buckles. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Screwtape Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    When in reality it was he and Tupac who killed off the last vestige of quality storytelling rap. Fuck him and Shakur, I hope wherever those two fucknuts are its really painful. They made millions by rapping about how it was "impossible to make millions as a black man in America". Who knows how many kids they fucked up in the head with that bullshit. Sellout motherfuckers. Plus now all you hear is that crap. I'd rather listen to the older shit when there was a variety of styles, but nooooo now its all Tupac McBiggie garbage.

Plus he cheated on Faith Evans with Lil Kim so I question his mental capacity.

FUCK YOU BIGGIE!

Screwtape Guest
    Can you tell this is one of my hot button issues?

i saw preveiws for a new movie on him.i think it said by oliver stone.i could be wrong,i only saw a part of it.

mac_lorre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

Took the Biggie Smalls name from a character in the movie Let's Do It Again.

I always loved this video clip of him slaying the little dude in battle.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbwd...eature=related

Forever-27 Guest
    His killing spawned 3 lawsuits.
    In March 2005, the relatives of Biggie filed a wrongful death claim against the LAPD based on the evidence championed by Russell Poole.[36] They claimed the LAPD had sufficient evidence to arrest the assailant, but failed to utilize it. David Mack and Amir Muhammad (a.k.a. Harry Billups) were originally named as defendants in the civil suit, but were dropped shortly before the trial began after the LAPD and FBI dismissed them as suspects.[36] In July 2005, the case was declared a mistrial after the judge showed concern that the police were withholding evidence.[38] An attempt to expand the wrongful death lawsuit to include new claims failed in August 2006.[36] The criminal investigation was re-opened in July 2006.[39][40]
    On April 16, 2007, relatives of Biggie filed a second wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles, California. The suit also named two LAPD officers in the center of the LAPD Rampart Division corruption probe, Rafael Perez and Nino Durden. According to the claim, Perez, an alleged affiliate of Death Row Records, admitted to LAPD officials that he and Mack (who was not named in the lawsuit) "conspired to murder, and participated in the murder of Christopher Wallace". The Wallace family believe the LAPD "consciously concealed Rafael Perez's involvement in the murder of ... Wallace".[41]
    On January 19, 2007, Tyruss Himes (better known as Big Syke), a former friend of Tupac Shakur who was implicated in the murder by television channel KTTV and XXL magazine in 2005, had his defamation lawsuit regarding the accusations thrown out of court.

They will never find who killed him.

monroe27 Guest
    I think that dude Shuge Knight killed him and Tupac.

Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    A lot of people believe this..............and Knight has stayed in and out of trouble ever since

Personally if I'm going to listen to hip hop I like the west coast stuff better. Just MHO.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

mstee2u1972 Guest
    His wife Faith Evans has a book out now called Keeping Faith. I read a review and it seems like it should be pretty good. She talks about how she & Bggie met, the whole relationship between him & Lil' Kim, and the music industry in general. I like Faith and I am going to purchase the book.
    In a recent magazine article, they stated that his son is playing the young Biggie in the movie.

*BTW, the Ready To Die cd is some of his best work.*

deathpool Guest
    I liked Biggie. The whole rivalerly thing thing between him and Tupac tragically got out of hand. But I think Suge Knight had something to do with it. Tupac's career goes on and on. I loved that gospel duet he did with Elton John.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpool View Post
    I liked Biggie. The whole rivalerly thing thing between him and Tupac tragically got out of hand. But I think Suge Knight had something to do with it. Tupac's career goes on and on. I loved that gospel duet he did with Elton John.
    I like Biggie and Tupac, despite what their critics say. Everything is not for everybody, so I will never expect them to understand or like their style of rap. It was very unfortunate that the whole East Coast/West Coast rivalry went down and caused their untimely deaths. There was too much mistrust on both sides, which is a shame because they were really great friends at one time. As far as Suge Knight is concerned, I have always believed he has played a huge role in both of their deaths. If not directly, then he pulled some strings behind the scenes due to his gang affiliations.
    What is the name of the Tupac/Elton John duet?

Maruz83 Guest
    I can't believe they made a movie ? I guess TUPAC's movies next............ I liked some of biggies music, but I think in the end he knew he was going to get killed after TUPAC was killed......

hotmama Guest
    i am and was not into biggie or tupac. i read the interview pac did with vibe where he believes biggie and puffy now p. diddy, put the first hit on him when he was robbed and shot in the elevator. it sounded like it had merit. pac said he was taken to the office where biggie and puffy was and they had a look on their faces like "what he is still alive" (after the shooting)one guy started crying like a bitch. pac's bodyguard did not guard his body. as soon as the guns came out he dropped to the elevator floor like a sack of potatos. like pac said the big dude always gets cracked in the head during a robbery. but not his big bodyguard. he just fell on his own and pac thinks he was involved in it too and he is also dead. my boyfriend and i were talking about all this night. tupac was obsessed with death, he a medallion around his neck which had something to do with death. biggie had an album called "ready to die" and "life after death". i believe that these men called death straight to their door. tupac was good lyrically, but he was ignorant. putting his hands on people, cussing people out, just acting straight stupid. he had even shot someone, a child i believe and her dad had no remorse for tupac. biggie was not a thug. he was a big perpertrator. the more money he and tupac made the more "thuggish" they became. tupac was from the east coast, not west as some believe. he and biggie were friends at first. i am 40 and i still listen to and love rap. so i am no way bad mouthing the game. i have lil wayne as a ringtone, and he and other rappers are on my mp3. i think faith married him to get her career going and he was with kim first not faith so after he married faith he continued to deal with kim.

deathpool Guest
    It's called Ghetto Gospel. This is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsHkuWanobE

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I like your hot button issues. That skank Lil Kim out of jail yet?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Screwtape Guest
    Yeah and has been so involved in cosmetic surgery she now looks like...this

You know, there was a brief moment in her reconstruction when she looked dangerously close to attractive but that flew by rather quickly.

deathpool Guest
    Yeah and has been so involved in cosmetic surgery she now looks like...this

You know, there was a brief moment in her reconstruction when she looked dangerously close to attractive but that flew by rather quickly.

Omg thats scary!

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Lil' Kim was really cute back when she first hit the scene. Back then, she and Foxy Brown were in competition and I thought Kim was way better looking that Foxy. Now I don't think so. Unfortunately, she has caught MJS.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    It's called Ghetto Gospel. This is the video

Thanks deathpool!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsHkuWanobE

Omg thats scary!
    Oh my God Michael Jackson finally had a sex change

lisalouver Guest
    If you read up on the Rampart scandal in LA (someone might have posted in here already) you will find out what really happened to Biggie.

Great thread, I kind of liked some of his music.

deathpool Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth32 View Post
    Oh my God Michael Jackson finally had a sex change

Maybe that was the emergency transplant he was going for.

thanks honey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    That's what I think too.

dovescry1999 Guest
    When in reality it was he and Tupac who killed off the last vestige of quality storytelling rap. Fuck him and Shakur, I hope wherever those two fucknuts are its really painful. They made millions by rapping about how it was "impossible to make millions as a black man in America". Who knows how many kids they fucked up in the head with that bullshit. Sellout motherfuckers. Plus now all you hear is that crap. I'd rather listen to the older shit when there was a variety of styles, but nooooo now its all Tupac McBiggie garbage.

FUCK YOU BIGGIE!
    I take it you're not a Biggie Smalls fan...

stacebabe Guest
    I just never got what people saw in this guy. I didn't see any talent at all whatsoever. Tupac had talent -- Biggie? Yichh. I cringe and quickly change the station whenever I hear him now, as I did when he was alive.

With that said, I think it's incredibly sad that a 24 year old kid got gunned down because of some lame "rivalry".... And I DO think Suge Knight was behind not only Biggie, but Tupac as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    This is from Wiki,

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 â?? March 9, 1997), popularly known as Biggie Smalls (after a gangster in the 1975 film Let's Do It Again),[1] Big Poppa, The Black Frank White (from the film King of New York), and his primary stage name, The Notorious B.I.G., was an American rapper

Biggie traveled to California in February 1997 to promote his upcoming album and record a music video for its lead single, "Hypnotize". On March 5, 1997 Biggie gave a radio interview with The Dog House on KYLD in San Francisco. In the interview he stated that he had hired security since he feared for his safety, but this was because he was a celebrity figure, not specifically a rapper.[31] Life After Death was scheduled for release on March 25, 1997. On March 8, 1997, he presented an award to Toni Braxton at the 11th Annual Soul Train Music Awards in Los Angeles and was booed by some of the audience.[24] After the ceremony, Biggie attended an after party hosted by Vibe magazine and Qwest Records at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.[24] Other guests included Faith Evans, Sean "Puffy" Combs and members of the Bloods and Crips gangs.[7]
    On March 9, 1997, at around 12:30 a.m., Biggie left with his entourage in two Chevy Suburbans to return to his hotel after an announcement was made that the party would finish early. Biggie traveled in the front passenger seat alongside his associates, Damion "D-Rock" Butler, Junior M.A.F.I.A. member Lil' Cease and driver, Gregory "G-Money" Young. Combs traveled in the other vehicle with three bodyguards. The two trucks were trailed by a Chevrolet Blazer carrying Bad Boy's director of security.[7]
    By 12:45 a.m. the streets were crowded with people leaving the event. Biggie's truck stopped at a red light 50 yards (46 m) from the museum. A black Chevy Impala pulled up alongside Biggie's truck. The driver of the Impala (an African-American male neatly dressed in a blue suit and bow tie) rolled down his window, drew a 9 mm blue-steel pistol and fired numerous rounds into the GMC Suburban; four bullets hit Biggie in the chest.[7] Biggie was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center by his entourage but was pronounced dead at 1:15 a.m.

Biggie's murder remains unsolved and there are a plethora of theories as to the identities and motives of the murderers.

darock299 Guest
    he was nicknamed after biggie smalls in a bill cosby and sidney portier movie let's do it again....his stage name was the notorious b i g.....lol at your question though!

Jazbabee Guest
    Well darlin, it may show just a LITTLE bit !!!! lol

redkatrampant Guest
    Lil Kim not happy with Biggie biopic

NEW YORK â?? Lil Kim was a big part of the Notorious B.I.G.'s life, but she's not happy about the way she's portrayed in the new biopic about the late rapper.
    The Notorious B.I.G. was Lil Kim's mentor and was also romantically linked to the rapper. Their sometimes rocky relationship is depicted in the new movie "Notorious," but Lil Kim doesn't think it's very accurate.
    In a statement, she said: "The film studio and producers involved were more concerned about painting me as a 'character' to create a more interesting story line instead of a person with talent, self-respect and who was able to achieve her own career success through hard work."
    She added: "Even though my relationship with Big was at times very difficult and complicated (as with most relationships we have all experienced at one time or another), it was also genuine and built on great admiration and love for each other. Regardless of the many lies in the movie and false portrayal of me to help carry a story line through, I will still continue to carry his legacy through my hard work and music."
    But Wallace's mother, Voletta Wallace, dismissed Lil Kim's criticisms of the movie in an interview on Monday.
    "This is not a Lil Kim movie," she said. "This is a Christopher Wallace movie. It has nothing to do with Lil Kim. If she's disappointed and upset, that is her problem."
    At the film's New York premiere last week, "Notorious" screenwriter Cheo Hodari Coker said he understands why Lil Kim might not like the film, but added: "I think that Naturi (Naughton) did a great job playing Kim. I think people are going to be a lot more sympathetic towards (Lil Kim) after seeing the movie."
    Wayne Barrow _ Biggie's former manager and a producer on the movie _ expressed less patience with Kim's attitude.
    "Our job as producers ... was to deliver for three individuals. That's his mom and his two children. Everybody else: Stand in line, buy a ticket and enjoy the show."
    "Notorious" chronicles the life and untimely death of the Notorious B.I.G., who was shot to death in 1997 and remains one of rap's most important figures. It opens in theaters this Friday.
    ___
    words in red I thought were amusing...

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Jan...LilKim,00.html

lisalouver Guest
    LOL,

Lil Kim is probably upset because the movie portrays her as a slut. But, the movie doesnt have to do that for her, she does a good job of that all on her own!

I want to see it and am looking forward to it, although I am a bit apprehensive that it will portray Biggie as a hero, or a martyr or something similar and I hope it doesn't come across that way.

I find it odd that his mother is being portrayed by Angela Basset, shes pretty thinm, muscular and in great shape. Biggies mother is Jamaican, quite large, frumpy and has a lot of gray hair?

On another note, my male cat (in my avi) is a large cat, hes not overweight, he's just a big boy. His nickname is Big Poppa - just like Biggies!

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    Lil Kim not happy with Biggie biopic

NEW YORK â?? Lil Kim was a big part of the Notorious B.I.G.'s life, but she's not happy about the way she's portrayed in the new biopic about the late rapper.
    The Notorious B.I.G. was Lil Kim's mentor and was also romantically linked to the rapper. Their sometimes rocky relationship is depicted in the new movie "Notorious," but Lil Kim doesn't think it's very accurate.
    In a statement, she said: "The film studio and producers involved were more concerned about painting me as a 'character' to create a more interesting story line instead of a person with talent, self-respect and who was able to achieve her own career success through hard work."
    She added: "Even though my relationship with Big was at times very difficult and complicated (as with most relationships we have all experienced at one time or another), it was also genuine and built on great admiration and love for each other. Regardless of the many lies in the movie and false portrayal of me to help carry a story line through, I will still continue to carry his legacy through my hard work and music."
    But Wallace's mother, Voletta Wallace, dismissed Lil Kim's criticisms of the movie in an interview on Monday.
    "This is not a Lil Kim movie," she said. "This is a Christopher Wallace movie. It has nothing to do with Lil Kim. If she's disappointed and upset, that is her problem."
    At the film's New York premiere last week, "Notorious" screenwriter Cheo Hodari Coker said he understands why Lil Kim might not like the film, but added: "I think that Naturi (Naughton) did a great job playing Kim. I think people are going to be a lot more sympathetic towards (Lil Kim) after seeing the movie."
    Wayne Barrow _ Biggie's former manager and a producer on the movie _ expressed less patience with Kim's attitude.
    "Our job as producers ... was to deliver for three individuals. That's his mom and his two children. Everybody else: Stand in line, buy a ticket and enjoy the show."
    "Notorious" chronicles the life and untimely death of the Notorious B.I.G., who was shot to death in 1997 and remains one of rap's most important figures. It opens in theaters this Friday.
    ___
    words in red I thought were amusing...

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Jan...LilKim,00.html
    fame whore....i think she just wants a piece of the hoopla.

Yeah, I think she wants to further her career off Biggie's movie. I want to see it too. I'm not a rap fan and certainly not a Biggie fan but the case, along with Tupac's, has always fascinated me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RubySlippers Guest
    i had the biggest crush on 2-pac. miss him....

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i had the biggest crush on 2-pac. miss him....
    I have a male bff who is the spitting image of Tupac. I shit you not. It's spooky.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Screwtape Guest
    Maybe its him. Does he have a big scar down his chest?

RubySlippers Guest
    I have a male bff who is the spitting image of Tupac. I shit you not. It's spooky.
    you should forward a pic...lol

i have never really found african american men attractive - EVER.

but tupac really, really was HOT. he is the only black man i would ever consider doing...of course now, he is dead, and that is all kinds of creepy.
    LOL

FUCK YOU BIGGIE!
    I am dying laughing at this. Opinionated, much? But, I hear you, I understand, and I agree.

Notorious rocked!

lisalouver Guest
    Anyone see the movie yet? I wanna see it!

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    Gotta love Momma! I never really cared for Biggie. I loved me some Pac though! Poetic Justice anyone?! I saw that movie like 50 times!

Lil Kim looks like she went to the same surgeon as Michael Jackson! She was so cute back when she first hit the scene.

Then....................................And now...................... huge difference!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15359_large.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	12210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lilkim5.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	12211  

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Anyone see the movie yet? I wanna see it!
    If you see the movie watch for my wife. She is a working actor here in NYC. She is one of only 4 white folks in the funeral chapel scene. She is like two people behind the actor playing Lil Kim.
    She said it was a great shoot and we can't wait to see the movie.
    Regards,
    Mary

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    If you see the movie watch for my wife. She is a working actor here in NYC. She is one of only 4 white folks in the funeral chapel scene. She is like two people behind the actor playing Lil Kim.
    She said it was a great shoot and we can't wait to see the movie.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I will look for her!! That is exciting!

Anyone remember at the funeral procession in Brooklyn when they played Hypnotize and teh crowd went wild dancing on cars and shit?

I usually am not one for melees (well it wasnt that bad) but I thought it was a bit of a testament to Biggie.

Here is a short clip of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbwZH1aIN2I