Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notorius B.I.G. ( Biggie Smalls )

I think the woman who played Faith Evans was hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Gotta love Momma! I never really cared for Biggie. I loved me some Pac though! Poetic Justice anyone?! I saw that movie like 50 times!

Lil Kim looks like she went to the same surgeon as Michael Jackson! She was so cute back when she first hit the scene.

Then....................................And now...................... huge difference!
    Oooooh, I LOVE me some Poetic Justice! I used to own that mess and watched it regularly ! Tupac was actually good in that movie, but Janet...Janet was another story. Her ghetto talk just tickled the hell out of me.

For some reason Biggie never did anything for me. I do find it odd that he played two (or more) chicks and had them fighting over him. I'm sure he was sweet and all, but yuck.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I will look for her!! That is exciting!

Anyone remember at the funeral procession in Brooklyn when they played Hypnotize and teh crowd went wild dancing on cars and shit?

I usually am not one for melees (well it wasnt that bad) but I thought it was a bit of a testament to Biggie.

Here is a short clip of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbwZH1aIN2I
    Cool footage!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Cool footage!
    Yea, I alawys thought it was cool. I think he would have liked it although I'm sure the cops were pissed!

discod Guest
    Pac was hot his eyes were delish and he was brillaint in Juice.LL Cool J also does if for me looool.
    Anyways back to Biggie,was never a fan even though I was into hip hop way back in the 80,s these newer rappers I thought were cack.P Diddy I dunno how anyone can even put him in a hip hop genre he's absolute pooh hes more pop.Looking at him and seeing him as a ganster just makes me laugh.
    Was sad about Tupac,didn't really care for Biggie but yea their deaths are definitley related

lisalouver Guest
    I really dislike Sean Combs. I don't know what it is about him, but I always thought it was a strange friendship between he and Biggie.

And I always thought that Faith Evens was/is a beautiful woman. She has a fabulous voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    When in reality it was he and Tupac who killed off the last vestige of quality storytelling rap. Fuck him and Shakur, I hope wherever those two fucknuts are its really painful. They made millions by rapping about how it was "impossible to make millions as a black man in America". Who knows how many kids they fucked up in the head with that bullshit. Sellout motherfuckers. Plus now all you hear is that crap. I'd rather listen to the older shit when there was a variety of styles, but nooooo now its all Tupac McBiggie garbage.

Plus he cheated on Faith Evans with Lil Kim so I question his mental capacity.

FUCK YOU BIGGIE!
    C'mon, Screw! Tell us how you really feel!

Actually, I feel about the same as you. I LOVED rap until it was no longer rap and became "hip-hop". Now it's just pathetic. And rappers killing each other over gang rivalry? Sad.

The greats: Run-DMC and Ice-T. I even liked Will Smith. Still do.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

discod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    C'mon, Screw! Tell us how you really feel!

Actually, I feel about the same as you. I LOVED rap until it was no longer rap and became "hip-hop". Now it's just pathetic. And rappers killing each other over gang rivalry? Sad.

The greats: Run-DMC and Ice-T. I even liked Will Smith. Still do.
    Run DMC,Ice T,Ice Cube.NWA,KRS1,Big Daddy Kane I could go on and on.Now they WERE rap/hip hop like I said P Diddy,Eminem and all the newer acts will never come close

lisalouver Guest
    Grand Master Flash, anyone?

LOVED THEM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83C2GYShXQ

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Grand Master Flash, anyone?

LOVED THEM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83C2GYShXQ
    Me too!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

discod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Me too!!

Of course I mean they are the originals,old school at its best

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    Of course I mean they are the originals,old school at its best
    Oh yea! Love old school.

Forever-27 Guest
    Just saw the movie.

And?
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Just saw the movie.
    DO TELL!

I was dying to see it but never made it. I might have to wait for DVD now....or on demand.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Yeah and has been so involved in cosmetic surgery she now looks like...this

You know, there was a brief moment in her reconstruction when she looked dangerously close to attractive but that flew by rather quickly.

DAMN!!!!
    Think she's got enough makeup on her teeth ?
    Looks like a darker Michael Jackson!

sheri Guest
    Yeah and has been so involved in cosmetic surgery she now looks like...this

You know, there was a brief moment in her reconstruction when she looked dangerously close to attractive but that flew by rather quickly.

yuck...i never cared for the whole rap crap that tupac, biggie and the rest put out...granted they may have been rapping about real life stuff...it just seemed like they were rapping more to glorify/condone it than the opposite...you want to talk about fame whores tupac and biggie were 2 of the biggest ones...damn asshats...and kids even today look up to these 2 punks like role model gods...they could have gone far had they not been so damn juvenile about their disagreements...period end of story...and suge knight in the mix definitely didnt help matters, he just kept stirring the friggin pot and look what happened...suge can deny all he wants, no one fucking cares...he spends so much damn time either in court or in jail...heneeds to grow up as well...you know theres drugs and buttloads of money changing hands in this genre...

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    ^^ Agreed Sheri ^^

You couldn't be more right!

Forever-27 Guest
    For what it is the film isnt bad. Its got Oliver Stone mystique to it. So you know it bends towards a conspiracy factor. The live segments I believe are actual footage from Biggies live performances.

Rap and R&B are not my musical genure of choice but like every music catagory theres utter crap as well as some great musicans. So there is a small select few rap stars I can listen to in moderation.

I try to take these musican films as much as I can. To sort of get what someone ( The Directors ) take on how and why the artist died or was killed. While I was barely 2 years old when Jim Morrison died and was around 9 when Sid Vicious killed nancy , then overdosed himself I was alive when BIG was killed. Seeing the film just gives a better take on the whole death of a musican thing since I lived through it

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    For what it is the film isnt bad. Its got Oliver Stone mystique to it. So you know it bends towards a conspiracy factor. The live segments I believe are actual footage from Biggies live performances.

Rap and R&B are not my musical genure of choice but like every music catagory theres utter crap as well as some great musicans. So there is a small select few rap stars I can listen to in moderation.

I try to take these musican films as much as I can. To sort of get what someone ( The Directors ) take on how and why the artist died or was killed. While I was barely 2 years old when Jim Morrison died and was around 9 when Sid Vicious killed nancy , then overdosed himself I was alive when BIG was killed. Seeing the film just gives a better take on the whole death of a musican thing since I lived through it
    Thanks for the info on the film, I am looking forward to seeing it!

I watched the movie this weekend and enjoyed it. Someone who doesn't know the back story might not see the significance of the Tupac feud and Suge Knight's brief appearance. I thought overall it was pretty good. The Biggie character wore some nice pinstripes and Versace sunglasses.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    I watched the movie this weekend and enjoyed it. Someone who doesn't know the back story might not see the significance of the Tupac feud and Suge Knight's brief appearance. I thought overall it was pretty good. The Biggie character wore some nice pinstripes and Versace sunglasses.
    Thanks Nessa, I am planning on renting it here this weekend. Did they re-create the funeral scene where everyone erupts into Hypnotize? Love that!

They recreated it and they showed actual footage, including real footage of the vigil outside the hospital where Tupac died.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    They recreated it and they showed actual footage, including real footage of the vigil outside the hospital where Tupac died.
    Sounds great, I almost bought it at Taget yesterday, but I'm going to rent it first this weekend.

resqx Guest
    so...what about curtis blow?

just felt like saying that

I saw the previews and it looked like it rocked. I'm going to get it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Just finished up watching the movie.

I loved it.

I was a fan of Biggies back when he was first up and coming and although I never liked Sean Combs, the part he played in Big's life was quite large.

Here are a few thoughts

1) I thought it gave an excellent overveiw of how Tupac & Big were so close before that night in the elevator. It also really gave a good idea of how that was the catalyst that lead to the East Coast/West Coast thing and how the media ran with it and made it so big.

2) Both the gals who played Faith and Kim wer SMOKIN HOT - but in different ways. The one who played Faith was more classy and starlet like while the one who played Kim was down and dirty - she had a body that was unreal!

3) The young man who plays Big as a child is Big's real son with Faith, Christoper Wallace JR - who was under a year old I believe when Big was killed. He looks so much like him.

4) Angela Basset, while a great actress, should not have been picked to play Bigs mother who was/is a plump Jamacian woman.

If you see it, just keep in mind that the executive producer is Sean Combs, along with help from Bigs mom Voletta, so it is slanted a bit - however I did enjoy it!

The kid was really Biggie's son? That's cool!

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    The kid was really Biggie's son? That's cool!
    Sure was! I think that is great that he got to play his Dad.

darock299 Guest
    Lil Kim...''THE QUEEN OF SLUT!''

Quote Originally Posted by darock299 View Post
    Lil Kim...''THE QUEEN OF SLUT!''
    Aww...come on. That is a little bit harsh. How about "The Princess of Slut"?

Nali Guest

Post Shooting Erupts at Notorious Premiere. Blame Benjamin Button!

Old news but I thought this might be ironic enough to warrant a mention.

Shooting erupts at 'Notorious' movie

Saturday, January 17, 2009
    (Updated 10:06 pm)
    By Ryan Seals
    Staff Writer

GREENSBORO - A 32-year-old man was shot twice in the abdomen during an argument and an estimated 700 people were evacuated when gunfire broke out at a Greensboro movie theater Friday night.

The sound of a gunshot echoed throughout the lobby of the Grand 18 at Four Seasons Station just after 9 p.m. as moviegoers waited to get into opening night showings of "Notorious" - the life and death story of the rapper Notorious B.I.G.

Greensboro police Lt. James Hinson said the victim, identified early Saturday morning as Clive O??Connor, was rushed to Moses Cone Hospital, where he underwent surgery. His medical condition was not immediately available.

No suspects were in custody late Friday night. "We can't say whether or not this shooting is in direct relationship to the movie 'Notorious' B.I.G. We just can't say," Hinson said. The theater had three showings of the film scheduled for 9:30 p.m.

Rapper and actor Jamal "Gravy" Woolard, who plays B.I.G. in the film, was in the theater at the time of the shooting, police and witnesses said.
    Details regarding the visit, including whether there was additional
    security or if it had any role in the shooting were not immediately
    available.

Notorious B.I.G., whose real name was Christopher Wallace, died in 1997 in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles. His death remains unsolved.
    The movie theater and parking lot at 2700 Vanstory St. were evacuated after dozens of police swarmed to the scene.

"We were just standing there talking and we heard a 'Pow!'" said Jasmine Seapoe, who was with a group of friends waiting to get into a 9:30 p.m. showing of "Notorious."

"The next thing we know there were a bunch of people running in the opposite direction, and the cops came and asked us if we saw anything and started directing everyone to get out," she said.

Janell Pruitt, a friend of Seapoe's, said the crowd's reaction to the gunshot was delayed because a woman was coming through the hallway with a balloon bouquet.
    "Everybody thought it was the balloons popping,'' Pruitt said, "but it was a gunshot because a balloon couldn't be that loud."

Once everyone realized what was going on, Pruitt said, a stampede of people starting running toward the exits. Some people, including one of Pruitt's and Seapoe's friends, received minor injuries.

The theater and parking lot were cleared by about 10 p.m. as crime scene investigators made their way inside the theater to collect evidence.

The Grand 18 will honor tickets today for customers whose movies were interrupted by the shooting Friday, said Lisa Burwell, a spokeswoman for Southern Theaters, the parent company of the Grand 18.

However, all showings of "Notorious" will be suspended indefinitely at the Grand 18, Burwell said. Customers with tickets to Friday's showing of "Notorious" should contact the theater for details regarding a refund.

Police are asking witnesses to the shooting or anyone with information linked to the crime to call Greensboro Crime Stoppers at 373-1000. Callers remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward.

Contact Ryan Seals at 373-7077 or ryan.seals@news-record.com
    It appears as though "One person was shot and minor sustained minor injuries". Someweb did bring up a valid point; did anyone know if the "shooter" was going to see Notorious? To date, I read there have been "no arrests" in connection with the shooting.

Apparently this isn't the first incidence of violence associated with the release of this film:

'Notorious' Premiere Causes Violence Across the Nation

Posted Jan 19th 2009 12:30PM by Sharks

In the past week, there have been three incidences of violence at, or immediately following, premieres of the film 'Notorious,' which is based on the life of the Notorious B.I.G., the Brooklyn rapper who was tragically slain in 1997.

The first occurred on January 13th, when DJ Drama was assaulted by members of Young Jeezy's CTE crew at the Atlanta premiere of the film. Then, Friday night, four men were stabbed at a Brooklyn nightclub which was hosting an afterparty for the film's NYC premiere. One of the men suffered multiple stab wounds and is listed in critical condition.

Finally (hopefully), a Greensboro, North Carolina movie theater has suspended future screenings of 'Notorious' after a shooting occurred at the film's premiere on Friday.

One man was rushed to a local hospital after shots rang out, following an argument in the hallway of the Grand 18 theater. 700 people were evacuated, including the film's star,Jamal "Gravy" Woolard, who resides in Charlotte.

"We can't say whether or not this shooting is in direct relationship to the movie 'Notorious'... We just can't say," a Greensboro policeman said, following the incident. The police have yet to make a statement regarding the relationship between the shooting and the actor/rapper. The victim, 32-year-old Clive O'Conner, was shot twice in the abdomen. He underwent surgery Friday night and is said to be in stable condition.

While it's easy for the mainstream media to argue that this violence is a result of the film's subject matter and target demographic, we'd like to point out that that there was also a shooting in Philadelphia at a recent screening of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.'
    That last paragraph is jokes! I finally saw Notorious, but I waited to borrow it from the local library for free eh. No reason, I'm just el Cheapo as my late Gran used to say. Amazing! It was damn near impossible to get anyone to watch it with me

"In New York City, four men were stabbed early Saturday at a nightclub advertising an after-party for ??Notorious.? While the party had been promoted as the ??official? after-party, the movie??s distributor, Fox Searchlight, said it was not related."
    Yeah, I guess so eh! That's just embarrassing! Stabbings aren't as good press as shootings.

No-no-no NOtorious!

Nali Guest

Question How Can B.I.G.'s Son Be Old Enough To Play Him?

Because there was a lil' Biggie at the beginning! Dur, I thought the posts were implying his "son" played him through most of the movie.

IMDB cleared that confusion up though and provided these trivia tidbits too:
    • Christopher Jordan Wallace, who plays a young Biggie, is the son of Biggie and Faith Evans.
    • Jamal Woolard heavily prepared for his role for months, which includes listening and remembering the lyrics to all songs by Biggie, gaining weight and vocal lessons at Juilliard School to get the voice right.
    • Most of the film was adapted from the book, "Unbelievable: The Life, Death and Afterlife of the Notorious B.I.G." by Cheo Hodari Coker.
    • Rappers Beanie Sigel and Guerilla Black auditioned for the role of Biggie. Singer Sean Kingston also auditioned and publicly claimed he had gotten the role.
    • Sylvester Stallone was at one point rumored to be directing.

• Anachronisms: A C6 Corvette Convertible is shown. The C6 Corvette did not begin production until 2005, In fact the C5 did not even begin until 1997, the last year of his life.
    • Anachronisms: In a brief establishing shot of Times Square, a billboard poster for "Chicken Run" can be seen. Chicken Run was released in 2000, and Biggie died in 1997. There is also a poster for "Will & Grace" on NBC, which premiered the year after his death (1998).
    • Anachronisms: During Christopher Wallace's first rap battle (in the late 1980s), a graffiti drawing of Tupac Shakur can quickly be seen in the background.

• Anachronisms: A W211 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is shown in the scene with the Corvette. The W211 wasn't put into production until 2003.
    • Continuity: When the young Christopher Wallace is writing rhymes in his notebook on the stoop, he is left-handed. Then when the grown up Christopher Wallace is in prison writing rhymes in his notebooks, he is seen writing right-handed.
    • Continuity: When Biggie is free-styling, Lil Kim is first seen with her mole on the left side of her face. When it cuts back to Biggie rapping and back to her, it switches to the right side of her face. Again it cuts back to her after Biggie is seen rapping and the mole is back on the left side of her face.
    • Anachronisms: A 7th generation Honda Accord is shown in the movie, but 7th generation Honda Accords weren't in production until 2003.
    • Anachronisms: In the middle, when Biggie was crossing the street to talk to a woman, A Ford Crown Victoria stretch taxicab with the new NYC Taxi decals is seen. But Ford did not create a stretch Crown Victoria until 2002, And The new taxi decals were not used until mid-2007, 10 years after Biggie's death.
    • Anachronisms: In a brief establishing shot of Los Angeles, the Staples Center can be seen. This building did not exist during Biggie's lifetime (Biggie died in 1997; construction for the Staples Center broke ground in 1998 and opened in 1999).
    • Anachronisms: When Puffy asks Biggie when he will be going to record a new album, they are seen in an apartment with a rooftop view of New York. Judging from its position, the building they are in is the Trump World Tower, for which construction didn't begin until 1999.
    • Anachronisms: (At 1:16:48) when B.I.G. returns to Brooklyn a 2005 Mercedes E Class and 2005 Corvette are shown.
    • Anachronisms: In one scene Biggie is admiring two attractive women. One of the ladies was wearing a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans. Those jeans didn't come out until after 2000.

Goofs a plenty in that film eh? One they failed to mention is how much the actor playing Tupac didn't look like him:

I think they refer to him as Pac in the film 'nuff times and keep him rockin' the "Thug Life" toque (translation: hat) because no one would've figured out who he was if they didn't.

On the other hand, I'm glad they got someone who looked less like Biggie for the part:

I'm just sayin', he wasn't that good lookin' for real-real
    But at least he wasn't as ugly as Lil Kim is now! That woman makes Freddy Krueger look like Faith Evans. Although, I will hand it to her ("it" being a bag of poo) she has to be one of the few people who manage to look better in their mugshot than real life

cherryghost Guest
    I thought the film was incredibly banal and cliche! IMOP

STsFirstmate Guest
    My wife was one of the four white women in the film in the funeral scene!
    Hey it was three days filming and they had a great craft table!
    regards,
    mary

STC123 Guest

Post Birth and Death date of Biggie Smalls

Hi everyone, new here on the forum board, but I love Find A Death and look forward to updates...

I just noticed (I am sure someone else did before) that the birth and death date of Biggie Smalls reads funny....did he die in 1977? I don't think so...but under his picture it reads 1972-1977...

Just wanted to point that out...

Also, I live on the East Coast, but always loved anything that has to do Old Hollywood, it makes me sad to see all the old buildings and icons being destroyed because no one seems to think they are important pieces of history...I mean...Los Angeles doesn't have much in the way of really old history like where I live in Boston, so why do they get rid of what they have?...

Any chance on doing a William Desmond Taylor thing? Or do you think its all been done before...

Maybe something on Mary Miles Minter.....

Just a thought...look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Regards,

Steve

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STC123 View Post
    Hi everyone, new here on the forum board, but I love Find A Death and look forward to updates...

I just noticed (I am sure someone else did before) that the birth and death date of Biggie Smalls reads funny....did he die in 1977? I don't think so...but under his picture it reads 1972-1977...

Just wanted to point that out...

Also, I live on the East Coast, but always loved anything that has to do Old Hollywood, it makes me sad to see all the old buildings and icons being destroyed because no one seems to think they are important pieces of history...I mean...Los Angeles doesn't have much in the way of really old history like where I live in Boston, so why do they get rid of what they have?...

Any chance on doing a William Desmond Taylor thing? Or do you think its all been done before...

Maybe something on Mary Miles Minter.....

Just a thought...look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Regards,

Steve
    Welcome to the forums Steve. I think their are threads on both the people you mention if you do a search. Desmond is a particualr favorite on the boards here and it seems like people are always finding additional new info!
    I learn something new everytime I log on I think.
    regards,
    Mary

STC123 Guest
    Thank you Mary for the warm invite and welcome! I have always loved FindaDeath as for some strange reason, Actors and just people in general seem more interesting when they are gone? Does that sound odd? Almost like the world romanticizes them and they are immortal..even if they have exhibited some really bad behavior.
    I guess life does alot of bad things to us all, but when you have money and fame it magnifies even that much more...
    I will look up Taylor and Minter...I am a BIG silent film fan as well as The Golden age of Hollywood...
    Thank you again for the welcome, i am sure to be here alot..

All My Best to you,

Steve

Hmm I know this is a Biggie thread, but I'm just going to give a little trivia for the Lil Kim thing (and what I say basically ties up to Biggie so...)

The reason why Lil Kim didn't like the film at all was because of the fact that she said they portrayed her wrong and that she was and will always be Biggie's girl. Just recently she stated that Biggie still comes into her dreams and gives her advice and all that good stuff. Obviously we know she was played...badly by Biggie.

Biggie is another reason why she keeps getting plastic surgery. Have you noticed she keeps getting lighter and lighter? It's because Biggie had a thing for light skinned women and she wanted to make Biggie forever in "love" with her so she kept changing herself to his views and opinions. Sad but it's the truth. And basically that's why she's the whore like she is, b/c Biggie digged that about her and wanted her to look "sexy" for the screen and of course we all know, in her eyes nothing mattered after Biggie gave his opinions/approvals. Even years after his death she's still obsessing over the guy, and of course that's why she tries to start drama with Faith Evans because she didn't agree of what Faith wrote as Kim (in her words) "never got to approve" anything Faith wrote about her.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    While on the subject of Biggie trivia, I saw Michael Clarke Duncan, star of the Green Mile among other movies, interviewed recently.
    He said he worked in celebrity security for years and was supposed to have been the head of Biggies security detail that evening. He switched at the last minute with another guy that needed to change his working hours.
    He was adamant that had he been there this would not have happened, at least that night.
    He said a series of bad decisions by Biggie and no pushback from his security personnel allowed the hit to happen.
    I just thought that was kind of interesting. I would not want to tangle with MC that is for sure!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC Duncan.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	27993  

I would not mess with Michael Clarke Duncan either! That man is massive!

- R.H. Sin

Pat MaGroin Guest

Biggie's cold case heats up: LAPD dramatically reopens investigation into the murder

Biggie's cold case heats up: LAPD dramatically reopens investigation into the murder of the Notorious B.I.G.

Detectives have re-opened a murder investigation into the mystery shooting of one of the biggest names in rap music.
    Thirteen years after Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G., was gunned down, Los Angeles Police confirmed that new information has ??reinvigorated?? the case.
    The possible breakthrough in the high profile cold case was revealed by CNN, but police would not give any further details because inquiries were ongoing.

B.I.G. deal: Christopher Wallace, aka Biggie Smalls, left, shown here with Sean Combs, aka Diddy, in LA in 1997, shortly before his death. LAPD have reopened their investigation into his murder

The 24-year-old New York rapper was shot four times in the chest as he was driven back to his hotel from a music industry party in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997.
    A lone gunman wearing a suit and bow tie allegedly opened fire after pulling alongside the rapper??s SUV.
    Related? Tupac Shakur, who was shot dead in 1996. It was always been wondered if the deaths of Tupac and Biggie were related

In the years since the killing, a number of theories have emerged, including the suspicion that police officers were involved.
    Nobody was ever charged in connection with the death, but it was widely blamed on a rap war between the East and West Coast.
    Six months before the shooting, West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur was killed by a gunman in Las Vegas in another murder that has never been solved.
    Detectives have investigated claims that the two shootings could have been linked.
    Marion ??Suge?? Knight, head of LA-based Death Row Records, was in the car with Shakur ?? one of his artists ?? when he was killed, but has adamantly denied involvement in a tit-for-tat vendetta with Wallace, who was signed to East Coast label Bad Boy Entertainment.
    Retired Los Angeles detective Russell Poole has pointed a finger of blame at Knight, even though he was in prison on a parole violation at the time of Wallace??s murder.
    Poole also claims that police officers who worked as security for Death Row played a part in the shooting. But he said he retired early from the force because his leads in the case were being ignored.
    Former Los Angeles police chief Bernard Parks, who was in charge of the force at the time of the shooting, called claims of a cover-up ??absurd.??
    Raised in Brooklyn, Wallace started selling drugs at the age of 12 and served nine months in prison before going on to sell more than seven million records.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    Biggie's cold case heats up: LAPD dramatically reopens investigation into the murder of the Notorious B.I.G.

Detectives have re-opened a murder investigation into the mystery shooting of one of the biggest names in rap music.
    Thirteen years after Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G., was gunned down, Los Angeles Police confirmed that new information has ??reinvigorated?? the case.
    The possible breakthrough in the high profile cold case was revealed by CNN, but police would not give any further details because inquiries were ongoing.

B.I.G. deal: Christopher Wallace, aka Biggie Smalls, left, shown here with Sean Combs, aka Diddy, in LA in 1997, shortly before his death. LAPD have reopened their investigation into his murder

The 24-year-old New York rapper was shot four times in the chest as he was driven back to his hotel from a music industry party in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997.
    A lone gunman wearing a suit and bow tie allegedly opened fire after pulling alongside the rapper??s SUV.
    Related? Tupac Shakur, who was shot dead in 1996. It was always been wondered if the deaths of Tupac and Biggie were related

In the years since the killing, a number of theories have emerged, including the suspicion that police officers were involved.
    Nobody was ever charged in connection with the death, but it was widely blamed on a rap war between the East and West Coast.
    Six months before the shooting, West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur was killed by a gunman in Las Vegas in another murder that has never been solved.
    Detectives have investigated claims that the two shootings could have been linked.
    Marion ??Suge?? Knight, head of LA-based Death Row Records, was in the car with Shakur ?? one of his artists ?? when he was killed, but has adamantly denied involvement in a tit-for-tat vendetta with Wallace, who was signed to East Coast label Bad Boy Entertainment.
    Retired Los Angeles detective Russell Poole has pointed a finger of blame at Knight, even though he was in prison on a parole violation at the time of Wallace??s murder.
    Poole also claims that police officers who worked as security for Death Row played a part in the shooting. But he said he retired early from the force because his leads in the case were being ignored.
    Former Los Angeles police chief Bernard Parks, who was in charge of the force at the time of the shooting, called claims of a cover-up ??absurd.??
    Raised in Brooklyn, Wallace started selling drugs at the age of 12 and served nine months in prison before going on to sell more than seven million records.

Interesting.

I always have and always will believe both deaths are realted to the LAPD.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    While on the subject of Biggie trivia, I saw Michael Clarke Duncan, star of the Green Mile among other movies, interviewed recently.
    He said he worked in celebrity security for years and was supposed to have been the head of Biggies security detail that evening. He switched at the last minute with another guy that needed to change his working hours.
    He was adamant that had he been there this would not have happened, at least that night.
    He said a series of bad decisions by Biggie and no pushback from his security personnel allowed the hit to happen.
    I just thought that was kind of interesting. I would not want to tangle with MC that is for sure!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Has he done anything else since "The Green Mile"?

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Has he done anything else since "The Green Mile"?
    Here is a link to his IMDB page. It looks like he is working pretty steadily especially some recurring TV and Voice over roles.
    I can't say I have seen him in anything of note.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003817/
    Regards,
    Mary

Forever-27 Guest
    The feds have offically closed the case on his killing. Its now another cold case file.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oakland...929?source=rss

LOS ANGELES -- FBI agents on both coasts participated in a nearly two-year investigation aimed at finding out who gunned down the Notorious B.I.G. and whether any Los Angeles police officers were involved, according to recently released records.
    The inquiry ended in early 2005, after federal prosecutors concluded there wasn't enough evidence to pursue a case against any officers or another man implicated in the rapper's 1997 shooting death.
    The decision was made after agents in Los Angeles, San Diego and New York tried to track down potential suspects and witnesses who might shed new light on the unsolved killing that came months after another rap superstar, Tupac Shakur, was shot dead in Las Vegas.
    The investigation started out as a civil rights violation and public corruption review, but efforts were made to solve the homicide case. The FBI's file included police reports.
    Informants told the FBI that the killing of B.I.G., whose real name was Christopher Wallace, may have been aided by corrupt police officers. The heavily redacted files include several mentions of sources who wouldn't talk to Los Angeles police investigators about Wallace's death because of suspicions about corruption.
    The records showed that agents conducted surveillance on one man in San Diego who they thought may have fired the fatal shots at Wallace, and even went through his mail and garbage. They also showed an agent consulted frequently with a civil
    attorney who was pursuing a wrongful death on behalf of Wallace's estate against the city of Los Angeles.

No one has been arrested for Wallace or Shakur's killings, although both deaths have been the subject of rampant speculation about the motives. The one-time friends became rivals and instigators in an East Coast-West Coast rap rivalry during the mid-1990s.
    Wallace was fatally shot with a 9mm gun on Wilshire Boulevard in March 1997 after leaving a Los Angeles music industry event.
    The FBI released Wallace's file on March 27 on its website, The Vault, which contains the bureau's most requested case documents that can be released. The FBI on Friday publicized that it had added more than 25 new files that it had never released electronically and by Wednesday, fans and journalists were poring over the Wallace file.
    Wallace's family dismissed a federal lawsuit against Los Angeles last year, which their attorney said was done in order for the FBI and other agencies to pursue new leads in the case. A 2005 trial ended with a mistrial after attorneys for Wallace's family discovered the city had withheld a trove of LAPD documents.
    Attorney Brad C. Gage said Wednesday he had not reviewed the recently released FBI documents.
    ------
    Online:

http://vault.fbi.gov/

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Did corrupt cop kill Biggie Smalls? FBI release files which could finally solve rapper's murder

FBI files on the unsolved murder of rapper 'The Notorious B.I.G.' reveal that a rare type of armour-piercing bullet was used in the hit, throwing further suspicion on a corrupt former police officer. The 1997 murder of Christopher Wallace - aka Biggie Smalls - is a high-profile case not just in Los Angeles, but across the world, given the victim's fame. At the time of his death Wallace, 24, was one of the biggest rappers in the U.S. and his murder has often been put down to a 'war' between top East and West Coast rappers.

Well documented: The FBI website now contains all the information the Bureau holds on the unsolved murder

...The FBI files identify the type of bullets used as Gecko 9mm, a rare metal-piercing munition manufactured in Germany and available in the U.S. through just two distributors, one in California and one in New Jersey.
    That will again raise the name of David Mack, a corrupt former LA police officer who served 14 years in jail for a $722,000 armed bank robbery in LA in 1997. The FBI reports have redacted Mack's name from the paperwork, but his identity is obvious to experts on the case based on previously released information about him.

Key evidence: The bullet ridden passenger door of the car in which Wallace was sat when murdered in 1997

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...D-officer.html#

STsFirstmate Guest
    It is a shame if they don;t resolve this case and Tupac's definitively. There are a couple of high profile NY rapper killings here in NYC including a BET host killed last week. McGriff.
    Regards,
    Mary

Forever-27 Guest
    The offical witness report says

" A black Chevy Impala pulled up alongside Biggie's truck. The driver of the Impala (an African-American male neatly dressed in a blue suit and bow tie) rolled down his window, drew a 9 mm blue-steel pistol and fired numerous rounds into the GMC Suburban; four bullets hit Biggie in the chest "

I doubt even the corupt Los Angeles Police department or its officers would have gunned him down. The way modern cars are made, with paper thin fiberglass and plastic and alunum , pretty much any bullet would have gone through the door of the car.

I still think this was a rogue person who was told/hired to make the hit. Snitches get found in ditches, so theres no doubt the person who killed Biggie is still out there but will take this one to the grave. Its still my own beliefe that Marion ??Suge?? Knight had some major hand in this. But it cannot be proven