Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20272829
Results 1,401 to 1,406 of 1406

Thread: Death Hag Books

I have been reading this book on the Attica prison riot from 1971. The first half is great. The last part gets bogged down in the various lawsuits. But overall an excellent read.

https://www.amazon.ca/Blood-Water-At...s%2C352&sr=8-1

Reading Chase The Darkness With Me, by Billy Jensen, he was a reporter who turned detective consultant and helped finish the book I'll Be Gone In The Dark and has a podcast with Paul Holes, who worked the Golden State Killer Case. Just finished Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered By Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgareth, of the Podcast My Favorite Murder.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

I just finished the Victorian book of the dead. Some of their customs were absolutely hilarious! The lengths that women went to trying to “outmourn” each other were astonishing!

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I just finished the Victorian book of the dead. Some of their customs were absolutely hilarious! The lengths that women went to trying to “outmourn” each other were astonishing!
    That sounds like something I'd love to read.

LuLu I'll have to check that one out.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Just finished reading Poisoner In Chief:Sidney Gottlieb And The CIA Search For Mind Control. Fascinating, disturbing and as scary as any crime book I've read. https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...=pocket-newtab
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.