Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Judith Barsi

misslena Guest
    Her story is what turned me onto findadeath.com. My friend had told me about Judith and told me to look her up on the computer. I googled her name, and her story on findadeath came up. I remember reading it and was just shocked how a parent could do such a horrific thing to his child.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    ^^bump^^

Fancynancy Guest
    Horrendous what some children go through.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    That was a story that nearly made me cry. I hate the thought of anyone hurting a child. I have 2 daughters about , that age and it really hit me.
    I take it....
    No pun intended?

5. 03-28-2010, 01:56 PM

WendyK Guest
    Judith, would be my age, 2 monthes older. To bad her Sperm Donar killed himself, he should of been roasted like a pig!What a pussy.

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Judith, would be my age, 2 monthes older. To bad her Sperm Donar killed himself, he should of been roasted like a pig!What a pussy.
    In a dueling banjos squeal like a pig kind of way?

WendyK Guest
    Yep! Jerk..

trishsixxm Guest
    Oh this story breaks my heart. Poor little girl and her mother.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Heartbreaking story, I don't recall hearing about her story before. How sad. It's so hard for women & children to get out of the grasp of a mad man. So sad it happens to many times to the innocent.

Fancynancy Guest
    I went to her Facebook page to look at her pictures, but she doesn't really look familiar to me. What a shame that she had to have such an abusive life and that her father--deranged bastard killed her and her mother.

RIP.

Her father was one rotten mother-fucker, I hope he's burning in hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    I was a kid wen "All Dogs Go To Heaven" came out, it was one of my favorite movies, I didn't know until 1 or so years ago that she had died and in such a terrible way...In the movie she plays a little orphan girl and she sings a song about wanting a family and a safe home where she is loved...I remember as kid that part would make me cry because I also wanted a safe home where I had parents and was loved...I had no clue this poor little girl singing also really needed one. When I heard about her death it disturbed me for days. I think the final song in that movie was dedicated to her after her death.

stacebabe Guest
    That poor little girl. Jaws 3 was on recently, and I look at her as such a beautiful, adorable, charismatic child. I hope her father is taking it up the ass with pitchforks daily in Hell.

I've been thinking about this little one lately.
    If it was just her father shooting her in her sleep, it would be bad enough.
    The fact that she was so stressed while alive that she plucked out her eyebrows and eyelashes, it makes me so sad my stomach hurts.

I hope she's at peace in a better place.

radiojane Guest
    My friend and I sat around last weekend drinking beers at her place. All dogs go to heaven was on repeat on her tv (we had the sound off though). Out of nowhere I told her the story about Judith Barsi and apparently forever ruined the movie for her.

deanfan Guest
    Very sad and senseless death. She was so cute. Hope that murdering pig is roasting in hell. I remember seeing some of her many commercials.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXEnSJBhJ0

Her death picture is on her page that Scott made. It's very sad to see, and I do hope her father never has a moment of peace in hell.

The Judith´s case is very sad. This poor little girl had a cruel death. I hope that her father is burning in hell.
    A few days ago, I watched a video of Judith in the movie "The Love Boat". Judith looks in the video very kind and sweet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2avxz7UTeA
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Germaine Guest
    I worked in the court system for 12 years as a family violence advocate. You would be surprised at how many victims stay and stay and stay. Even when the kids are terribly abused. Now, some are trapped and can't leave at least not without a lot of intervention, but many succumb to his promises to change, his threats of suicide, his expensive gifts, etc. And the kids beg her not to go back. I feel so sorry for this little girl and all the Judiths out there. Keep your eyes and ears open and make the call if you have to. Make the call that the little Judiths can not make.

Unhappy Voice of "Ducky" Land Before Time, Judith Barsi, age 10

Date of Death

25 July 1988, Canoga Park, California, USA (homicide)

Birth Name

Judith Eva Barsi

The only child of Jozsef Barsi and Maria Benko, Judith Eva Barsi beat 10,000 to 1 odds when she was discovered at a San Fernando Valley skating rink at 5 1/2 years old in 1983. She was mistaken for a three year old child. Her first commercial was for Donald Duck Orange Juice and she went on to appear in anywhere between 50-100 commercials, several episodes of various TV series and 3 major motion pictures. Her mother, Maria, was the main thrust of her career as a Hollywood starlet, but also took great pains in trying to give her a normal, happy childhood, bringing her Hungarian meals like duck to school for her lunch everyday. Her happy childhood did not last long, however. Beginning in 1985, Jozsef would often be home drunk rather than working his job as a plumber and he refused to let Maria work. The family was put on welfare for a brief period of time as a result, until Judith's career started taking off in 1986 and 1987. By the time she entered fourth grade, she was pulling in an estimated $100,000 a year and the income bought them a nice four bedroom house on a quiet street in West Hill. As her career soared, her father became an increasingly abusive recluse and threatened to kill his wife and daughter hundreds of times. In a mood of stress, Judith plucked out her eyebrows, eyelashes, her cats' whiskers and bit her nails. CPS was called in numerous times, but as Maria was reluctant to press any charges and as a lot of the reports/accounts were emotional and not physical abuse, the case was never followed up on.

On Wednesday, July 27th, Eunice Daly, a next door neighbor, heard a loud bang next door while watering her plants; the house had been set afire and later, the bodies of the Barsis were discovered shot dead. All of Judith's toys that were not destroyed by the fire were given to the local goodwill and her best friend continued to feed her cats for months afterward.

Shot to death along with her mother at a tender age of 10 by her father, who then shot himself to death.
    Buried along with her mother, Maria, in unmarked graves on August 9, 1988 at Forest Lawn Cemetery at Hollywood Hills, California.
    Her father, Jozsef Barsi, and mother, Maria Benko, were both Hungarian immigrants.
    She provided the voice for Anne-Marie in the animated movie All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989). The movie was released nearly a year and a half after her tragic death.
    Appeared in 72 TV commercials; including Toys 'R' Us, Top Ramen, Campbell's Soup, & Jif peanut butter, among others.
    While filming a commercial for Campbell's Tomato Soup, she had to do so many takes that afterwards she never ate tomato soup again.
    Due to her unusually short height, she received hormone injections (she was only 3' 8" at age 10)
    Was making upwards of $100,000 a year by 1985 at age 7. The income allowed her and family to move to a three bedroom house in Canoga Park on a quiet street.
    Marker was added to Judith's and her mother's plot on Monday, August 23, 2004. Marker reads, "In memory of the lovely Judith Eva Barsi 1978-1988 'Our Concrete Angel' Yep! Yep! Yep!"

Her favorite role was Ducky in The Land Before Time (1988).

Attended Nevada Avenue Elementary School.
    Loved to swim, play outside in her best friend's sprinkler, and loved to play the Milton Bradley game "Operation" no matter how badly she often did.
    The song "Love Survives" used in the end credits of All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989) was dedicated to her as a final gift and farewell to her from the film's cast and crew.
    Spoke fluent Hungarian
    She had missed an audition with Hanna Barbera for a role in an upcoming TV cartoon series on Monday, July 25, 1988. She was found dead in her home 2 days later.
    Wanted to continue to be a voice actress on into adulthood. She adored her experiences working with Don Bluth in two of his films and wanted to continue working with him on future projects.
    Had 5 cats
    Wore her own swimsuit in the movie Jaws: The Revenge (1987).
    Lance Guest, who played her father in Jaws: The Revenge (1987), served as one of the pall bearers at her funeral.
    Tracey Gold, Missy Gold and Brandy Gold read a poem, "A Child Of Mine" by Edgar A. Guest, as part of her eulogy.
    Weighed 5 lbs 6.98 oz at birth. (2.58456 kg).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	598910_508699789188405_141220221_n.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	536.4 KB 
ID:	45953

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058279/bio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PYT, search first.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KimieJayne Guest
    i always though it was an older woman that did duckys voice. such a shock that a child did it and then found out she had been killed by her father even more shocking. i love what they put on her grave though

Alycat32 Guest
    This is one of those deaths that makes me feel REALLY sad about because not only was she way to young and it done by the hands of her own flesh and blood, but it's one I didn't even know about until 6 years ago. It's one of those celebrity deaths where your browsing IMDB because you just watched a movie or old tv show and are wondering what the person is up to and then bam, you find out they died quite a long time ago.

I'm surprised I never heard more about it with how brutal it was. I'm sure had it happened today with all the news sources and celeb gossip sites it would be hard to miss. Had TMZ and perez hilton been around in 2003, more of Jonathan Brandis's fans would have known right away that he had died, not years and years later.

^^bump^^

bat115 Guest
    Does anyone know if it's true the father's body is still in the morgue as no one will claim it?

Quote Originally Posted by bat115 View Post
    Does anyone know if it's true the father's body is still in the morgue as no one will claim it?
    While Judith and Maria were buried together in an unmarked grave on August 9th, 1988, the location of József's grave is a mystery. Take with a grain of salt.

http://real-life-villains.wikia.com/...3%B3zsef_Barsi
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

babyblujems Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    While Judith and Maria were buried together in an unmarked grave on August 9th, 1988, the location of József's grave is a mystery. Take with a grain of salt.

http://real-life-villains.wikia.com/...3%B3zsef_Barsi
    Hmm after reading this I saw that her half brother Barna died relatively young. According to the site he was only about 38. After doing some research I can't seem to find anything about him, but did find that the sister Agnes was only about 50 when she passed away as well. Anybody else have any luck?

I think her half sister Agi was a cancer survivor and she wrote a book about it.
    Her pic(?):
    http://www.vegparadise.com/otherbirds43.html
    She died on December 2, 2008 (age 50) of cancer.
    According to her profile on amazon:
    “Agi Barsi was born in France in 1958 to parents who fled Communist Hungary. She moved to Arizona in 1969. Most of Agi's professional career revolved around marketing, publishing, networking, and public speaking.
    In July 1997, Agi was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38. The doctors recommended a radical mastectomy, removal of certain lymph nodes and chemotherapy. This wake-up call changed the course of her life. She chose natural healing as her path back to health. After completing natural alternative programs including vegetable juicing and hydrotherapy treatments, Agi is now free from cancer.
    Agi has recently authored her second book entitled, "Triumph Over Cancer - A Natural Approach" and is writing the next book in the "Triumph Over" series about Tourette Syndrome. Also, a certified herbalist and accomplished cook, she teaches others how to build and maintain their health naturally. Her message is one of tremendous faith, hope, and love”.
    http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-Over-C.../dp/0967169313
    http://www.amazon.com/What-Will-You-.../dp/0967169399
    There is a quotation on this site (http://lovevadimjaclyn.weebly.com/ju...arsi-page.html ), from agi about her sister Judith
    “I know she's happy now and doesn't have to live with anymore fears of tears”
    -Agi Barsi

this is one of those cases where as a mother I think...why didnt Maria kill that bastard in his sleep like he did to them? you know she probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist or maybe 10 years cut down to 5 or less with good behavior. I guess I'm just not the type to be a battered wife or watch my child be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    this is one of those cases where as a mother I think...why didnt Maria kill that bastard in his sleep like he did to them? you know she probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist or maybe 10 years cut down to 5 or less with good behavior. I guess I'm just not the type to be a battered wife or watch my child be abused.
    Yes, I so agree people should ask questions.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

bat115 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    It's easy to say that and I agree with you, however, I know things about this case that if made public, you would understand her situation.

Murphee Guest
    It's easy to say that and I agree with you, however, I know things about this case that if made public, you would understand her situation.
    Well, what could you share with us? There is nothing left to lose here...

I'd be curious to know what "things" could make me "understand" a mother allowing her child to be stressed to the point of pulling out her own eyelashes yet do nothing to help her!

If a woman decides that she's okay with living with abuse from her husband, I suppose that's her decision to make. But when her child is involved and in obvious danger, that changes things. Just as animals know instinctively to protect their young, so should a mother feel inclined to protect her own at all costs.

There didn't seem to be a problem getting Judith to her many acting/voicing jobs that likely paid most (if not all) of the family's bills. But I guess to repay her with the minimum requirements of a parent (to keep her safe) was too much to ask. This child deserved better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

babyblujems Guest
    ^ Agreed, as a mom I would never let my child be in harm's way. I know times were different and such, but still a mother's instinct should be to protect her children.

bat115 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I'd be curious to know what "things" could make me "understand" a mother allowing her child to be stressed to the point of pulling out her own eyelashes yet do nothing to help her!

If a woman decides that she's okay with living with abuse from her husband, I suppose that's her decision to make. But when her child is involved and in obvious danger, that changes things. Just as animals know instinctively to protect their young, so should a mother feel inclined to protect her own at all costs.

There didn't seem to be a problem getting Judith to her many acting/voicing jobs that likely paid most (if not all) of the family's bills. But I guess to repay her with the minimum requirements of a parent (to keep her safe) was too much to ask. This child deserved better.
    My post was only in reference to Gabby's comment. What Gabby suggested was the thing I honestly would have done were I in the situation but from what I have heard this Jozsef creature had such power over Maria that she was convinced that underworld figures would be hunting her and Judith down were they to leave him. There were times when Maria was away from him where she claimed she saw suspicious looking people following her.

It had nothing to do with her being okay with living with abuse and I hope you were not implying that that was what I was implying.

Seagorath Guest
    This mother should have gone to the authorities when he threatened the first time. Sad story. Really sad.

I'm sure she was too scared to go anywhere at that point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    This mother should have gone to the authorities when he threatened the first time. Sad story. Really sad.
    I agree. This woman failed her daughter completely. She should've stepped up and put this to an end.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Seagorath Guest
    It's amazing that somebody who seemingly "had it all" (including a pretty amazing film and tv resume) was doomed from the start. The father was clearly paranoid and disturbed and snapped. It was all foretelling, too.

That's frightening to me.

Angel.

If "strange men" were REALLY following Maria Barsi, one wonders if it did not occur to her that her HUSBAND probably paid them to harass and intimidate her? That would be MY first thought, but that's easy with 20-20 hindsight.
    The Wiki article as it now stands, mentions that Maria herself was brought up in a abusive home.
    Also, the obvious irony of Jozsef's older daughter believing herself cured of cancer by "natural means", then dying of it anyway, a few years later. There was an older half-brother who also died an untimely death? Whatever happened to Jozsef's first wife?
    This was truly a cursed family. Nobody got out of it alive.

Bumping this as it is the 26th anniversary on her death. Scott tweeted a link to his page about her. She would have been 36 (2 years older than me). RIP Sweet Girl.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/b...dith_barsi.htm
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...e=gr&GRid=3038

Just watched Jaws: The Revenge (nothing else on) and noticed her name in the credits. She played Michael Brody's daughter. What a cute, little thing. A good, little actress, too.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

BethAnnF Guest

Judith Barsi

I apologize if this has been asked already (new here!) but my 12 year old daughter informs me that Judith was also the voice of "Ducky" in the Dinosaur movies (can't remember what they're called, omg I suck!) Is this true or was another young actress? Apparently the girl that did Ducky's voice died in a similar manner so I'm guessing it's the same. how sad!!!!

Please do a search before starting a new topic.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes she did the voice of Ducky. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058279/

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Just watched Jaws: The Revenge (nothing else on) and noticed her name in the credits. She played Michael Brody's daughter. What a cute, little thing. A good, little actress, too.
    She was literally, little. I can't remember her exact height at her death, but it was in the 3'+ range. Too short for a 10 year old. She had been taking growth hormones to increase her height. MmHg daughter is exactly 4' and she's 7, pretty much normal, maybe upper-end, but 3' range is small for a 10 year old.

BlackCat Guest
    Hi Everyone!

I apologise if this question has already been answered on here but does anyone know what happened to all the money that Judith made? I'd read that Judith and her mother had to be buried at first with no headstones and that years later fans had raised the money to buy both headstones. Did the Monster of a father spend all of Judiths earnings so that there was nothing left to go towards the funerals/headstones?

Shamrocker99 Guest
    ^Great question...You would think that Judith's earnings + any insurance payout for the damaged house would have at least covered the burials/headstones for Judith and her mother!!

This was such a tragedy, that someone so young could die in such horrific circumstances. How can a parent be so vicious to their own child, so young and innocent. He must have been so mentally disturbed and controlling, what a sick way to live. I'm glad he killed himself afterwards as he didn't deserve to draw another breath after the heinous crimes he committed, it's just the shame he didn't do that first. Judith could have lived an amazing life and given the world so much. I guess we will never know how far her potential would have reached. Fly high little one...