Thread: Why we like/dislike reality shows?

onehunglow Guest

Why we like/dislike reality shows?

[SIZE=3]Ah the drama of making that deadline. I am a biker and use to love the show but just build the damn bike. Parts that are late and bad paint adds nothing. American Hot Rod was the same. If that Asshole got in my face like that, Iā??d have to drop him. I love Dirty job as Mike is just Mike. How can you not love a guy singing opera in boat floating in a shit hole? I draw the line at watching crab fishing and lobster hunters. I use to like Bear until he was busted faking Man Versus Wild. I know he is back on and the have edited the shows to say he had help. Help. Staying in a Resort in Hawaii and pretending to be in the boonies! That's out right fraud Bear. Give me Survivor man. At least he pulls the plug when he canā??t make it. I do miss Monster Garage. Ice Road Truckers. Live in Iowa and youā??ll see some real ice driving. [/SIZE]

mommafreak Guest
    American Chopper just isn't what it used to be. They are all so commercial now and it seems rehersed.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    American Chopper just isn't what it used to be. They are all so commercial now and it seems rehersed.
    It is scripted. That is so lame. We used to watch it religiously.
    Now - not so much. Although they do a lot for charity and the such...

jesska_812 Guest
    Those guys won't even come to the major bike rallies anymore.

mommafreak Guest
    they put Christian at the Dayton Bike Week. no shows all over.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I'm done with being an American Chopper viewer.
    It's all corporate builds, same old same old etc.
    No charm, no intrigue, nothing interesting anymore.
    It's just a lame show now.

RoRo Guest
    I don't watch American Chopper anymore because the same problems come up and they say basically the same thing each time...same show different bike basically.....boring
    Now Dirty Jobs I love! Mike is funny and I love when he sings Opera...wish I could have seen him on the stage...and as a woman I gotta add he's damn easy on the eyes...just a regular type of guy not a hollywood pretty boy

onehunglow Guest

The last time I watched

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I'm done with being an American Chopper viewer.
    It's all corporate builds, same old same old etc.
    No charm, no intrigue, nothing interesting anymore.
    It's just a lame show now.
    They built that piece of shit for Bill Murray. The drama!! Will Bill like it or not?? Who cares. Indian Larry kicked ass in bike building. They are losing viewers like the ANS show.

Bring_Out_Yer_Dead Guest
    I used to be an American Chopper fan before it went
    south. With so many bogus deadlines and part
    shortages (always the suppliers fault) you
    wonder how they ever made it at all.

I'm afraid it lost its cool factor long
    ago and probably the poseur crowd
    keeps it going now.

Cheers all,
    Doug

mommafreak Guest
    my favorite bikes were the alien and tribute to fire fighters, way back when the show first started. how many theme bikes can they do? it all went south. I LOVE DIRTY JOBS. Mike does an awesome job and seems very humble with what he does. Love it. I'm burning my OCC shirt.

cindysgold Guest
    Love dirty jobs also ! You get an education and have fun !
    Never knew there were so many dirty jobs out there...

I watched the show the first two years. I think they went to Hollywood for me and I lost interest.

ScottyMonger Guest
    Yeah, the first year or 2 was OK, but now it's just fake drama as they build their latest Corporate MoFo bike.

I much prefer watching the biker build off. Matt Hotch is awesome. I'd like to see the Teutels go up against him!

Danny62 Guest

Why we like/Hate reality shows?

I hate them!!!

Case closed!!!

Your thoughts?

Guest Guest
    I don't do reality shows. Too much drama I guess. I did however like the show called " Celebrity Paranormal " and then I kinda dig " Celebrity fit club " other then that, I don't watch'em.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I enjoy The Amazing Race...that's about it.
    It's the best reality show I've seen and I would recommend it.

Daphne Guest
    Not reality shows really, but i do like the contestant/game reality shows if that makes sense. I love Top Chef, for instance-

hoxharding Guest

reality shows

I only watch one reality show a year and that is Big Brother. Not sure what about it fascinates me.
    If you want to see a good film that plays off reality shows: Series 7:The Contenders.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I hate them, I especially hated that stupid "I love New York" garbage.
    Bllllllaahhhh!

Jaxxx Guest
    OK I've watched Big Brother every yr. But this season has ended it for me, The Evel Dick person and his whiney ass daughter make me puke, now I would like to see her on findadeath.

Cataroo Guest
    Geez ... I am a total reality show addict. Yet more proof that I need a life ...

fanable Guest
    I used to watch "The Real World" back in the first 3 or 4 seasons. Anyone remember Heather, Eric, Beth S, Tami, Jon, Pedro, Puck, Judd, Julie, and so on? Back before everyone was totally sex crazed party animals and they actually covered real topics? Anyway...

I really don't like reality TV. I watch TV and movies to escape reality for a while. I think there's too many reality shows on and wish they'd just put some good sitcoms on again.

onehunglow Guest
    I didn't even know Dan Rather was fired until he filed a suit. Not much for reality I'd like Mythbusters.

Katie Guest
    I love them, so Danny, let's fight!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I love them, so Danny, let's fight!!
    Well if you noticed I said case closed which means I wasn't going to contribute anymore to this thread!! I hate to fight!

Anyway I figure reality shows are a fairly mild topic!!!

Hope all is well???

Dan

Katie Guest
    It is very well. So glad it's Friday. How are you tonight?

Danny62 Guest
    It is very well. So glad it's Friday. How are you tonight?
    Sick!! I have a damn headcold that won't go away!!! GGGRRRRRR

You know, the fun flu season!!!!

I glad its Friday to...my motto on Friday is this:

"Its one day closer to Monday" People at work hate that when I say it!!

Katie Guest
    Take care of yourself. Do you have someone to wait on you?

Danny62 Guest
    Take care of yourself. Do you have someone to wait on you?
    yeah, But I am pretty much self sufficent!!

I left work early and came home and got some much needed rest...like yeah I should be resting right now, At least its Friday so I can sleep in.

I usually get up for the gym at 5:15 on Saturdays but I am taking the weekend off cause my body needs the rest!!

Hows the hubby doing? You can PM me if you would rather?

Tugboat25 Guest
    Well look at Katie and Danny flirting!

Katie and Danny sitting in a tree KI...... never mind.

Danny62 Guest

Naw tug, Just a new friend I have alot of respect for!!!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Naw tug, Just a new friend I have alot of respect for!!!
    Oh I was just kidding.
    I know it's just friendly chat.
    I also have this want to be a senior member so I needed the post! Ha!
    You remember being a senior member, right Danny? It must seem like a lifetime to you!

Katie Guest

That's funny!! I forgot there were others watching. I thought Danny and I were alone.

Danny, Hubby will be home soon. I sure miss him

Danny62 Guest
    Oh I was just kidding.
    I know it's just friendly chat.
    I also have this want to be a senior member so I needed the post! Ha!
    You remember being a senior member, right Danny? It must seem like a lifetime to you!
    I know you were kidding!!

Keep posting!!

Danny62 Guest
    That's funny!! I forgot there were others watching. I thought Danny and I were alone.

Danny, Hubby will be home soon. I sure miss him
    I am glad to here that!!

That is really good news to hear!!!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Back to the wretched subject at hand...........not that I don't adore both Katie & Dan (as well as their respective spouses).

As much as I wish, for the LOVE OF GOD, that I don't have anything good to say about reality television.....it has become the trainwreck that I cannot look away from. My current addiction in this genre is Kid Nation. Why, oh why oh WHY are they not allowed to vote any settlers outta town?!??? Taylor much? lol
    I'm not too captivated by Survivor anymore...and The Amazing Race has never truly amazed me. Big Brother.....what more can I say beyond Evil Dick followed the Evil doc...both of those guys are evil geniuses. (they both won by being nasty)

I lost all hope for The Real World from Puck (that fuck!)

And all of those in this genre where the "winner" gets the guy/girl.....who CARES?!? (and just so that ya know that I'm not partial, I even thought Boy Meets Boy sucked.. and NOT in a good way!!!!)

Hell's Kitchen is good, only cuz I love Gordon Ramsey berating those folks.

Have I left any reality stone unturned? hmmmmmmm

Tugboat25 Guest
    I was big on Survivor years ago but I ditched it last year.
    It became such a predictably lame/repetitive show. The only thing that really changed was the cast and they always looked like the cast from the season before.
    Time for Survivor to be deserted on a tropical island...forever.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Back to the wretched subject at hand...........not that I don't adore both Katie & Dan (as well as their respective spouses).

As much as I wish, for the LOVE OF GOD, that I don't have anything good to say about reality television.....it has become the trainwreck that I cannot look away from. My current addiction in this genre is Kid Nation. Why, oh why oh WHY are they not allowed to vote any settlers outta town?!??? Taylor much? lol
    I'm not too captivated by Survivor anymore...and The Amazing Race has never truly amazed me. Big Brother.....what more can I say beyond Evil Dick followed the Evil doc...both of those guys are evil geniuses. (they both won by being nasty)

I lost all hope for The Real World from Puck (that fuck!)

And all of those in this genre where the "winner" gets the guy/girl.....who CARES?!? (and just so that ya know that I'm not partial, I even thought Boy Meets Boy sucked.. and NOT in a good way!!!!)

Hell's Kitchen is good, only cuz I love Gordon Ramsey berating those folks.

Have I left any reality stone unturned? hmmmmmmm
    I agree with you. I watch and watch all of them I did not think i would like Kid nation but I love that too. I also can't look away the stupider the b etter it seems LOl

Katie Guest
    I have never watched Kid Nation. I consider it child abuse.

djdeath-hag Guest
    While the premise of Kid Nation & (I presume the producers) is not about child abuse. There have been several moments watching when I WANTED to abuse one of those lil turds. I'd never really harm a child but it does cross my twisted mind whenever I get a gut full of "deal with it" girl.

SassySu Guest
    I don't like them. Now, if somebody made " a week in the life of a death hag" I'd watch that. Most of these "reality" stars try a touch too hard for my liking.

panda Guest
    I love them! Survivor is my fav, So you think you can dance, american idol, dancing with the stars, america's got talent, and this year we added beauty & the geek & the band one (america's next top band?). Watched big brother for 2 years, don't watch anymore. Have also watched america's next top model, wow what a bunch of little bitches!! Haven't seen the kid nation one but will watch it if I remember.

endsleigh03 Guest

endsleigh03 Guest
    Oops spelled his name wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I don't watch American Chopper anymore because the same problems come up and they say basically the same thing each time...same show different bike basically.....boring
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    Yeah, the first year or 2 was OK, but now it's just fake drama as they build their latest Corporate MoFo bike.

I much prefer watching the biker build off. Matt Hotch is awesome. I'd like to see the Teutels go up against him!
    Cool show

"...as anyone who happens to catch an episode from the last two seasons can tell you that Sr. currently has no contact at all with any of his children, including Jr. and Mikey".

We are way behind here obviously. At this moment for us, last time I bothered to watch, Paul Jr had left and was setting up a boutique for his girlfriend. Mikey was still making sporadic visits to the shop but not doing much.....

Paul Jr should have more than enough to pay the 1 mill from what I thought his cut would be from the deal. If he doesn't have the cash to spare to pay off the old man then he has been royally screwed. Nothing new there right? I went off this show a while back. I only catch it flipping through.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

jaylene Guest
    Don't watch American Choppers anymore either. Got to
    big and it changed. I liked Mikey. He was the first Chumley
    from Pawn Stars. I love Dirty Jobs. Have lady wood for
    Mike Rowe.

I stopped watching this one too I'd say oh, about 5 years ago for the same reason.

And the lawsuit? I agree with this comment in the article Ends linked to:
    Kinda makes all that talk in previous seasons of not letting anything get in the way of family seem a bit disingenuous, no?
    Si.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Paul Senior was a mean drunk when he was younger and he is a mean dry drunk now.
    It seems like he got in bed with some really manipulative investors that grew the business too quickly and pushed his kids aside.
    They really miss the design skills and creativity of Junior. Junior is now born again and I think that further put him at odds with his Dad.
    I am sure he has a hefty noncompete clause to walk away with any money in his pocket or he could hook up with Vinny and Cody.
    I agree with an earlier poster. I am old school enough to love bikes you can actually ride.
    My old girl is a 67 Shovelhead with a slightly chopped front end and ape hanger bars. Trust me she is uncomfortable enough to try to ride and turn on city streets as much as I love her. That's why in 96 my kidneys and common sense gave in and I added a Hertitage Soft Tail to the group. It is like riding a Lazy Boy recliner compared to my old bike. I hate to say it but I then added a 2003 Honda Shadow Aero for pennies because my better half wanted her own bike. I didn't want to buy her a Harley until we were sure she would really enjoy riding herself. I have to say that bike is comfortable and powerful and really looks nice. She loves it! It still sounds like a lawnmower to me though.
    Getting back to American Choppers I feel bad for the kids and I am sure Senior will end up alone and bitter and bankrupt at then end of the day.
    Regards,
    Mary