Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Jones

John Connor Guest
    I'd want her(?) to stay in the house too

I think Tom Jones is great also and appreciate learning more about him here.. Thanks for sharing.. never seen a pic of his wife either until now..
    There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Wow, 51 years.....a long time. She looks nothing like I imagined tho
    She looks like Brent's mom on Corner Gas.

I luv...

Tom Jones! I have seen him live a few times in Toronto. The last time I saw him, he sang "Walking in Memphis" and I have to tell ya, the hair on the back of my neck stood up - it was absolutely breathtaking, fantastic...
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest

I've been savin these up to throw on the stage if I ever get to see him live...

dovescry1999 Guest
    I remember my first introduction to Tom Jones...
    My mother loved him, and we used to watch him on Sunday afternoons.
    I didn't know then ,but I built up quite a crush on him. I would get all butterfly in the stomach when he came on, and I tuned everyone else out while he danced and sang...

Had to be around 1968-1970 around that time...
    "Why, why WHY delilah ?????"

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I wuz a sperm then...I'm a '73 model...I still love me some TOMMY!!!

Oh you poor souls missed the whole EngleTom era of FAD! Two fabulous threads both containing over 5,000 posts each most of which were pure brilliance. Like a sermon on the mount of the electronic age. You do however have the original verse in the archives. Let it be your new bible. EngleTom loves his new disciples. He is a thread of love and mercy and the occasional angry beatdown. I expect many misinterpretations of its verse to vex and confuse future posters. May many wrong deaths and horrible laws be its legacy to mankind.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Oh you poor souls missed the whole EngleTom era of FAD! Two fabulous threads both containing over 5,000 posts each most of which were pure brilliance. Like a sermon on the mount of the electronic age. You do however have the original verse in the archives. Let it be your new bible. EngleTom loves his new disciples. He is a thread of love and mercy and the occasional angry beatdown. I expect many misinterpretations of its verse to vex and confuse future posters. May many wrong deaths and horrible laws be its legacy to mankind.
    only your posts Ichy! My lord, remember how it started!

GET YOUR TOPS OFF!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    only your posts Ichy! My lord, remember how it started!

GET YOUR TOPS OFF!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DO IT!
    Ha! Jack-O was FunkMasterFlex with his hot shower scene! I only exposed a smidgen of my untameable forest of lycanthropic chest hair! GRRROOWWEEELLLLL! GGRRRRR!
    Baby!
    Those were the sexy days of FAD!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Ha! Jack-O was FunkMasterFlex with his hot shower scene! I only exposed a smidgen of my untameable forest of lycanthropic chest hair! GRRROOWWEEELLLLL! GGRRRRR!
    Baby!
    OMG that pic was sooo hot n steamy!! What a sex machine Jack is!

Ohh I remember your pic, with your eye roll to boot! Grrr

Remember stalking peeps in threads so they would post pics? HAAAA, that was gold

Ahhh don't forget the many faces of DOUG.... now DOUGlass why you no talk no more?

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    OMG that pic was sooo hot n steamy!! What a sex machine Jack is!

Ohh I remember your pic, with your eye roll to boot! Grrr

Remember stalking peeps in threads so they would post pics? HAAAA, that was gold

Ahhh don't forget the many faces of DOUG.... now DOUGlass why you no talk no more?
    Oh the memories. EngleTom was my InterntMiddleAgedFagQuinceaneraDebutanteBallHookerRiotThingy.

PvN73 Guest
    Oh the memories. EngleTom was my InterntMiddleAgedFagQuinceaneraDebutanteBallHookerRiotThingy.
    And that dress you wore! I remember it well with all the added extras. You looked so pretty, in fact you are the prettiest of us all. dazzling even.

Tom would have bonked your ass for SURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RDn5Y0D_0
    Oh the memories!
    Aint it grand?

PvN73 Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RDn5Y0D_0
    Oh the memories!
    Aint it grand?
    HAAA LRB. That belongs in the thread - remember was it Bread v Air supply or something like that.

I remember this one and how we wanted to get Jefe to do the moves and put it on youtube. Damn him!

I NEVER KISSED 2 SISTERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UxU8s7Au0A

16. 11-15-2008, 04:34 AM

Yowza!

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I remember my first introduction to Tom Jones...
    My mother loved him, and we used to watch him on Sunday afternoons.
    I didn't know then ,but I built up quite a crush on him. I would get all butterfly in the stomach when he came on, and I tuned everyone else out while he danced and sang...

Had to be around 1968-1970 around that time...
    "Why, why WHY delilah ?????"
    Your signature picture of Aretha - it looks like two beaver tails on her chest! She could use them to cover up her ears in cold weather! Yowza!

Tom Jones! ((((Squeal))) Pussy cat pussy cat OMG.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chunk View Post
    Your signature picture of Aretha - it looks like two beaver tails on her chest! She could use them to cover up her ears in cold weather! Yowza!

YEP!!!
    She may be the Queen of Soul, but someone needs to show her ass how to dress...
    When she performed for Bill Clinton, the drool buckets were filled!!!

Yowza!

Baby!
    Miss Chunk would be a very happy cat indeed to see Jack-O with no shirt on, yowza!

Tom Jones and the Stolen Chicken!
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-26217301/

A VILLAGE’S Tom Jones gig has gone down in Valleys folklore nearly 50 years on – over the unsolved mystery of a missing chicken and the singer’s “lifetime ban”.
    Myths surrounding his appearance at Fochriw Social Club in 1963, when someone took the Jones hit Help Yourself too literally and stole the fundraising raffle’s poultry top prize, have gained fresh momentum after resurfacing on the internet.
    But after years of wild gossip suggesting Sir Tom has been banned from the village’s handful of streets for his rumoured part in the incident, villagers have vowed to let bygones be bygones.
    Len Davies, 80, was one of the 200 people packed into the club that memorable night. His late brother Jack was running the club at the time.

Len said: “He was known then as Tommy Scott. He was very, very popular in the Valleys.
    “There was a full house that night, I remember having to get there early to make sure I got a seat. It was packed and Tom was magnificent. He was introducing people to rock ‘n’ roll who hadn’t seen stuff like that before, people who were used to choirs and local stuff.
    “There was going to be a raffle to raise some money for the club at the end of the night but people were having a few drinks and after the performance a melee broke out. My brother had bought this chicken as one of the prizes but after the fight it had gone.”
    The widower added: “The rumour is that it was Tom Jones, but nobody really knows who took it. The thing is stuff like that was always going. We had a group up from Cardiff in the club once and the next day four microphones were missing.”
    Fochriw, once a strong mining community, sits atop Gelligaer and Merthyr Common. Picturesque but isolated, it is served by a handful of shops, a football pitch and a primary school. Unsurprisingly, villagers cite the events of that far-off evening as the most exciting thing that’s happened in 47 years.
    On Glyn Terrace, Fochriw Social Club is still accessed by a squeaky gate and white stone steps. The patio is strewn with faded garden furniture and cigarette butts.
    These days, a new community centre hosts many of the small local events that used be held in the club, but the club remains a private venue run by local man Paul Savage.
    His cousin Cheryl Davies, who has lived in Fochriw all her life and has owned The Fish Shop for 10 years, said: “My father told me all about the story, that Tom Jones pinched a chicken. It’s one of those stories that gets passed down through generations – I’ve already told my kids.”
    Up the road – past the boarded up Rising Sun pub – Gaynor Evans has run the Post Office with her husband for 18 years.
    At the very mention of Tom’s name she recalls the legend of the missing uncooked chicken.
    She said: “It was before my time, but the older ones here remember it. Apparently, Tom was just starting up in the pubs and clubs and the Club here had just opened. I was too young but if there was ever anything going on in the club we’d look through the windows.”
    One of her customers, also familiar with the myth, piped up: “Nothing’s happened in Fochriw since Tom Jones took that chicken.” Mrs Evans added: “It was always said it was Tom who took the chicken that night, though I’m not so sure.”
    Cliff Facett, 78, only came to the village 15 years ago from the north of England and yet he too has heard all about the myth.
    He said: “We’ve all heard it second or third hand. I heard this guy had this chicken in the raffle and left it on the table. When he returned, the chicken had gone and Tom had gone.”
    Dismissing talk of a village ban on the Welsh superstar, he added: “I know he’s been back on stage a few times in the Valleys. Some people are annoyed he left for America but most people accept him as a Valleys Boy who’s done good.”
    Meanwhile, Mr Davies said the tale had become something of a shaggy dog story over the years.
    “We all know the story now,” he said. “But like every tale it’s probably meandered from the truth through the ages. Like all good stories, it needs a bit of exaggeration.”
    Sir Tom’s management, Valley Music Ltd, said they were unable to comment as Sir Tom was away on tour, with dates in Johannesburg, Oman and Abu Dhabi. But not Fochriw.

fairmanicmaeve Guest
    Any man who pens a song named "Sex Bomb" can dabble in my knickers all he wants ;-) I've had the privledge to attend two concerts and both were WICKED fun! He still has it, after all these years......... extremely well put together, for a man his age. ;-) MEOW!

mandee1005 Guest
    Am I the only one who thinks this

Tom Jones =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this

Tom Jones =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8
    Wait for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UxU8s7Au0A

Tom Jones

I see the boy from the green green grass of home has had to cancel his concert in Monte Carlo due to having a heart health scare.Always liked Tom Jones despite the fact he keeps his little old non glamorous wifey tucked away in Wales out of sight while he roams the world doing his thing.

Hope it isn't serious.

ajlposh Guest
    I just saw this, and apparently he'll be ok.

DrDeath Guest
    His wife's something of a hermit and doesn't like leaving the house

Yikes! that paparazzi bloke has published some very unkind pics of her with the heading it's not his mother or cleaner.So ? she's got the face God gave her, doesn't look like an overstretched blow up doll, and she's stood by her man through thick and thin.That's something to be admired for to me.

DrDeath Guest
    He's always paid tribute to her as his rock. There's never been any question of divorce. An unusual set up but guess if it works for them....

MorbidChrissy Guest
    She was okay-looking many, many years ago. Still not a beauty, but she didn't always look like she does today. I just read an article about 5 years ago that she read about an affair in the paper and she beat the crap out of him! Like literally punched and kicked him, left him black and blue. Yikes! I guess after all the years of philandering, she got seriously fed up.

That coulda been when he went public and admitted to his love child Jonathon Berkary.I can see why Linda might have been more than a little upset........

DrDeath Guest
    She looks like a sixtysomething Welsh grandmother. He's lucky to have her- not many women would put up with him and raise his kids

Nicki Guest
    A rare trip out: Tom Jones's wife Linda with him last week. Stricken by agoraphobia and a terror of having to meet people, Linda has become her own jailer. 2008

Tom and Linda on hwife.htmoliday in 1969
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-510459/It-IS-unusual--weird-world-Mrs-Tom-Jones-typical-Hollywood-
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.

So that pic was taken 3 years ago. He has silver hair now.I read he is out of danger and doing fine , thank goodness .She looks refreshingly like a real person to me.

Mammy Guest
    I agree that she looks like a normal person and that is a good thing. I would rather see a woman her age look like this than some freak like Joan Rivers or Jocelyn Wildenstein.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She does look like a man in that pic.

Theres a thread already Im sure and not the EngleTom.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I saw him this summer & he's still got it. Still gets bras thrown onstage too. Big ones.

Yeah he has still got it.So has Al Pacino and he's now 71.Saw him doing the blurb for the blue ray edition of Scarface , God that man has the "it" factor.Was wearing a bandana and a silver chain.I don't think he gets big bras thrown at him though ,but I would "like to meet his little friend ."

RaRaRamona Guest
    pffffffffttttt hahahaa

3 pages and no mention of this?

http://www.dlisted.com/node/27071

Well Aries, I read that and I wasn't shocked that Mr Jones may be well endowed in the family jewels department , or that he slept with Elvira.I was shocked he had all these affairs when married .Linda is a saint .And I hope she got her fair share of his sex bomb when she wanted it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000004.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	41793

My grandfather's name was Tom Jones. He didn't look like this although he was Welsh too.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

ScarletStarlet Guest
    Tom will be on our screens tonight here in Britain, as he begins in his role as a mentor on The Voice. Might watch it, but I can't stand Jessie fricking J, and she's on it too.

I haven't heard this.