Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: John Ritter

I kind of like this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Strange, it seems that he isn't as remembered as I thought he would be.

Wow.....forget Ritter for a minute....Suzanne Summers was THE hot piece of tail on that show.....I forgot how good she looked........

Television not the same without him, that's why I'm on the computer.

Its been seven years since he died, wow. Time does go by.

KarmaKat Guest
    They are repeating 8 simple rules on tv at the moment. It makes me so sad everytime I see him. He was such a great actor.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Wow.....forget Ritter for a minute....Suzanne Summers was THE hot piece of tail on that show.....I forgot how good she looked........
    I remember Suzanne Somers being very "jiggly," which at the time was new and somewhat shocking. Three's Company and Charlie's Angels, from what I can remember, were the first shows where women were so obviously braless on national broadcast TV. Nowadays, it's no big deal, but back then it was a precedent.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Another good photo

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest

Very sweet pic I will always miss him and his comedy

philbert_wormly Guest
    I never really understood the manner in which he passed because, to the best of my recollection, there was never any mention made of his maybe having an underlying health issue which lead to his passing.

It was a very sad day just for comedy as a whole when he passed. Dang, he would have a grand time of things now in film what for some of those far out comedies which are out now like "The Hangover II" and stuff like that.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    I never really understood the manner in which he passed because, to the best of my recollection, there was never any mention made of his maybe having an underlying health issue which lead to his passing.

It was a very sad day just for comedy as a whole when he passed. Dang, he would have a grand time of things now in film what for some of those far out comedies which are out now like "The Hangover II" and stuff like that.
    I think his family sued because he'd had a physical not long before and they didn't find any issues. They lost the suit. By the sounds of things it wasn't detectable at the time of the physical or they wouldn't have looked for it regularly.

It's just tragic.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I remember seeing Suzanne Somers in person when she was first on Three's Company. She was signing autographs at a booth down in LA. She was pretty cute. I remember that she had a halter on and her back, chest, and a little of her face was full of freckles and spots. You don't really see that on TV.

I sure miss John.

Whitdal Guest
    Wow, I cant believe so much time has passed since he died. What a greatly talented person.

RitaHayworth0208 Guest
    I was so sad when he passed away Three's Company and Hannah-Barbera cartoons got me thru some ruff childhood days
    Anyhoo, I like David Spade, I think he had the feeling he had big shoes to fill and just tried to do the best he could. I couldn't bare looking at 8 Simple because I could see how dazed and sad the cast looked especially the actress playing the older daughter.
    I don't quite remember but remember all those slips and falls he used to do on 3's Co.?
    was he still doing that? That could have attributed to his sickness after awhile your body doesn't want to do all that shit for laughs
    His son looked like John spit him out!

Arrow Three's Company

I heard in the opening credits the lady John sees while riding & crashes his bike, is Suzanne Somers in a brown wig.
    And Joyce Dewitt is so pretty. I want to see Joyce D. do more stuff. Shes better looking than Suzanne. She even looks a bit like Kris Jenner. lol.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 08-24-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wondergirl100 Guest
    You lucky woman! Did you meet John yourself? Details lady!

Mammy Guest
    I miss seeing him on tv and in movies. I thought he was awesome in "Slingblade."

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I miss seeing him on tv and in movies. I thought he was awesome in "Slingblade."
    ITA. Love it when his character gently chastises Slingblade for using the phrase, "Not funny ha-ha-, funny queer"...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I agree. I miss him. He was definitely a great comedic actor taken from us way too soon. I loved him in Slingblade too!

Wasnt he married to the redhead Casey in Wings??

I think thats her. I don't really know what else she does / did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl100 View Post
    You lucky woman! Did you meet John yourself? Details lady!
    I did, please see post #20. Still hard to believe he is gone.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I love the story about Jimmy Kimmel helping to make sure that John's picture was added to Hollywood High School. Everytime I pass by, I stop to look. I never liked Jimmy Kimmel much, but knowing that if it wasn't for his efforts, John might not be up there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	John+Ritter+Tribute+Mural+Dedication+Ceremony+QR13ZV0-Vv6l.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	39278

WayCoolJr Guest
    Wow, who is that smoking hot blonde John is with?

I couldn't believe the John Ritter thread was buried so many pages back so I've bumped it back to the front!

WayCoolJr Guest
    Can you please post who is in the pics you post? Who is that blonde with Ritter?

OMyStarz Guest
    The blonde is Dorothy Stratten and the movie is "They All Laughed" from 1981.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083189/

WayCoolJr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OMyStarz View Post
    The blonde is Dorothy Stratten and the movie is "They All Laughed" from 1981.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083189/
    Thank you. Wow, she was gorgeous. So many of the women who guest starred on 3's Company were mega gorgeous as well. John was SOOOOOOOOO lucky to be around so many super hot women!

I think you guys know many people, especially men, don't like going to the doctor. The truth hurts but if John simply went to the doctor and took care of his health he could be alive today! I believe John had both high blood pressure and high cholesterol and either didn't take meds for both or only took them sporadically. It was all the more important in his case to take care of his health since heart disease runs in his family! Look what happened to his dad, Tex Ritter!

Mammy Guest
    Dorothy also has a thread here if you are interested.

Here is the thread on Dorothy. She was killed by her husband. Very sad story. She was beautiful.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rothy-Stratten

WayCoolJr Guest
    Yeah, I remember seeing that horrible scene in the movie where the husband kills Dorothy. Dorothy just needed to get away from him since he was mentally ill but she never could.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Slightly on topic sorta, but... Did ya'all hear about Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers making up? Joyce is going to be on Suzanne's web show on the 2nd of February.

http://www.everythingisterrible.com/...is-pissed.html Strange recycling video with John Ritter I came across the other day. I did not know about Suzanne's web show. I used to watch her when she was selling on HSN.

His film "Problem child" was my favourite movie when I was a kid. Few months ago I discovered that John was dead and I was very shocked!
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	228339_2069679624754_642888_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	42608

My brother sent me this photo with his old partner with John Ritter, when he was on Broadway doing the "Dinner Party" 2000 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Billy Bob Thornton was really hit hard by John Ritter's death. He reportedly asked a plastic surgeon to make him look more like John.
    I know this is a little off subject, but a lot of great actors seemingly passed away before their time after starring in movies with Billy Bob:

Slingblade - JT Walsh
    The Apostle - Farrah Fawcett
    Daddy & Them - Jim Varney
    Monsters Ball - Heath Ledger
    Waking Up in Reno - Natasha Richardson & Patrick Swayze
    Bad Santa - Bernie Mac & John Ritter

Anyways, just coincidence, but odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I know this is a little off subject, but a lot of great actors seemingly passed away before their time after starring in movies with Billy Bob:

Slingblade - JT Walsh
    The Apostle - Farrah Fawcett
    Daddy & Them - Jim Varney
    Monsters Ball - Heath Ledger
    Waking Up in Reno - Natasha Richardson & Patrick Swayze
    Bad Santa - Bernie Mac & John Ritter

Anyways, just coincidence, but odd...
    Wow, I never realized that. Just about all of those actors listed are ones who I'd see a movie just because they were in it. Especially Ritter. I loved those stupid Problem Child movies.

I actually have his wife's (Amy Yasbeck) autograph in a frame. I was always a fan of Wings and I've collected a few autographed pictures from the cast members.

deathhaghun Guest
    I loved watching him on IT and those Problem Child movies. He was also in Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayor. I think he played Zack Braff's dad in Scrubs. He actually met Amy Yasbrack on Problem Child. They had the episode of 8 Simple Rules where he died on it on YouTube. It was so sad. You could tell all the cast really missed him and were really upset making that episode

Man, when I saw him cast as Zack Braff's Dad, it finally hit me who Zack reminded me of. The casting was genious! I guess if they ever make a movie about John Ritter, they wouldn't have to go far to find the person to play him. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen, John lived a wonderful life without scandal, no "hitting rock bottom" and coming back, doubt there would be much to tell that would bring in the inquisitive...

WayCoolJr Guest
    Wow, I can't believe how far back John's page was buried! I went 7 pages back and still didn't see him! So many people I've never heard of were ahead of John!

Since John is the funniest sitcom actor ever he deserves a bump! Anyone have anything to say about John or how Amy and Stella are doing?

I often wonder what he would be up to today. Another awesome sitcom most likely.

I also can remember when he played the
    Minister on "The Waltons".
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. I still miss John. He was very talented. I realized he was a good actor when he was in IT. That was when I realized he had true talent. And Sling Blade too.

He is definately in the same catagory as John Candy, an entertainer whose death no one will really get over because it was way too soon.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Leigha Guest
    I am really pleased to see this thread and especially that most of you so lovingly remember John. He captured me as a child on Three's Company but when I turned into an adult I was surprised to see him doing other more serious roles. He did some steamy lifetime movies that I enjoyed too. Such a cutie he was.

Here are some bloopers from Three's company Season 3.
    http://youtu.be/2YjVFBBFsz8

And the man could dance.. even acting like he was jacked up on tranquilizers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq73S_0iDO4

And here is Season 8...
    http://youtu.be/QuOiSh_lCIM

Anyway I love John, still catch him when I can.
    RIP John

44. 09-09-2013, 01:17 AM
    Reason
    Spam

I just purchased a copy of the movie "It" the other day- I totally forgot he was in that. Great movie. Also loved him in Bride of Chucky. He was a great comedian, and could also play assholes. RIP John- you are missed.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Wow, can you believe its been over ten years now?

Little Chief Guest
    Watched "Ted", the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer he was in, the other day. I forgot how much he creeps me out in it. Brilliant actor.

To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

radiojane Guest
    I hope not. Leave well enough alone.

That spin-off sounds so hokey! But I do really like Jason Ritter. He's adorable just like his dad. And a talent too, he's excellent on Parenthood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

I am so glad I met Joyce DeWitt!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171007_220447 (1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	54432  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]