Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: John Ritter

I saw commercial for his son Jason's show, "Kevin saves world" or something. I was like, wow he reminds me of someone.
    Looked him up and wow..he looks and sounds just like dad.

I miss John.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I saw commercial for his son Jason's show, "Kevin saves world" or something. I was like, wow he reminds me of someone.
    Looked him up and wow..he looks and sounds just like dad.

I miss John.
    I did the same thing. Did you notice that he has his dad's mannerisms and facial expressions? Uncanny isn't it? The show was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I did the same thing. Did you notice that he has his dad's mannerisms and facial expressions? Uncanny isn't it? The show was pretty good too.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...10&action=view

I think he doesn't actually sound like his dad. I think maybe a little bit when John was in Three's Co
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He's generally good in whatever he's in. He does remind you of John at times but can hold his own as well. One of his best works was in the show Joan Of Arcadia a show which lasted about 2 seasons back in the early 00s. He was actually the best thing in it to be honest. His character Kevin was a paraplegic but unlike many of the shows shown at the time, a big deal wasn't made of the fact he was in a chair, it was just part of who he was. It should have lasted more than a couple of years but it wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    He's generally good in whatever he's in. He does remind you of John at times but can hold his own as well. One of his best works was in the show Joan Of Arcadia a show which lasted about 2 seasons back in the early 00s. He was actually the best thing in it to be honest. His character Kevin was a paraplegic but unlike many of the shows shown at the time, a big deal wasn't made of the fact he was in a chair, it was just part of who he was. It should have lasted more than a couple of years but it wasn't to be.
    I read that this show isn't likely to last long due to the steep drop in ratings between the premiere and second episodes. That's a shame because it's a good show.

I'm also glad John's widow sued the hospital due to John's misdiagnosis that led to his death. The foundation she created for awareness and early detection of his condition was a great idea too.

This was another great loss to the entertainment industry, so sad. I loved him in three's company as well as 8 simple rules, they were my favourites.

I read that this show isn't likely to last long due to the steep drop in ratings between the premiere and second episodes. That's a shame because it's a good show.

I'm also glad John's widow sued the hospital due to John's misdiagnosis that led to his death. The foundation she created for awareness and early detection of his condition was a great idea too.
    I have an autographed picture of his widow, Amy Yasbeck. I have an odd hobby in that I'm collecting autographed pictures of the cast of Wings.

Jason Ritter is great. His arc on Parenthood was one of my favorites on the show. He does remind me of his dad, but very good in his own right as well.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

With all the money he made in the industry, he still wanted to continue to work.

Working isn't always all about money, especially in the arts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gone 15 years yesterday.

[QUOTE=Ruffian;22857]I don't know what's wrong with me. I never liked him...and I SHOULD! He's the kind of man, in real life, that I would normally think the world of......like Jimmy Stewart or David Niven, who are supposed to be the salt of the earth. I think it's because I hated 3's Company. I was a kid and thought it was the stupidest show on earth. I'm almost ashamed to say that I never cared for him. [/

Nothing wrong with you, John Ritter was a bad husband.
    Back in 1980 he had a something with Dorothy Stratten while
    making the the film: They all laughed. (1980)

Also Kaley Cuoco who did a sitcom with him years ago hates
    him, to this day.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I have an autographed picture of his widow, Amy Yasbeck. I have an odd hobby in that I'm collecting autographed pictures of the cast of Wings.

Jason Ritter is great. His arc on Parenthood was one of my favorites on the show. He does remind me of his dad, but very good in his own right as well.
    I wonder how John Ritter first wife would feel?

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I wonder how John Ritter first wife would feel?
    You wonder how John Ritter's first wife would feel about Nomad having an autographed photo of Amy Yasbeck?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Wow 15 years already, and his son does look like him.

[QUOTE=theotherlondon;1550204]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with me. I never liked him...and I SHOULD! He's the kind of man, in real life, that I would normally think the world of......like Jimmy Stewart or David Niven, who are supposed to be the salt of the earth. I think it's because I hated 3's Company. I was a kid and thought it was the stupidest show on earth. I'm almost ashamed to say that I never cared for him. [/

Nothing wrong with you, John Ritter was a bad husband.
    Back in 1980 he had a something with Dorothy Stratten while
    making the the film: They all laughed. (1980)

Also Kaley Cuoco who did a sitcom with him years ago hates
    him, to this day.
    I didn't know Kaley had a problem with him. She played one of his daughters in 8 Simple rules and when he died, she was upset when talking about it and said he was like a second dad to her. I guess she's a better actress than I thought she originally was.
    Last edited by Shellie; 09-14-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Here's an article about Kaley Cuoco blowing a kiss to his star on the Walk of Fame recently. I never heard anything about her having a problem with him.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...abbadcc8780525
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Wow 15 years already, and his son does look like him.
    Yes! Very much, but with something a little alien about his eyes. His Mom maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Here's an article about Kaley Cuoco blowing a kiss to his star on the Walk of Fame recently. I never heard anything about her having a problem with him. https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...abbadcc8780525
    I still think John Ritter was a creepy old man, just ask:Kaley Cuoco .When they both were on a sitcom.# me too.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 09-15-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I still think John Ritter was a creepy old man, just ask:Kaley Cuoco .When they both were on a sitcom.# me too.
    Well, here she is on the 10th anniversary of his death talking about how wonderful he was.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3907941.html

Seriously, do you have ANY evidence for what you're claiming? Or should everybody just take your word for it on something you seem to be making up?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Well, here she is on the 10th anniversary of his death talking about how wonderful he was.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3907941.html

Seriously, do you have ANY evidence for what you're claiming? Or should everybody just take your word for it on something you seem to be making up?
    I looked around and couldn't find anything like that even in the Blind Sites. There are several mentions that he is named in the book You'll never Make Love In This Town Again where it says he had a mistress and was also regularly seeing a prostitute while married but that's about it. Kaley has several mentions about being problematic but when it comes to John she only speaks well of him. If there is something I can't seem to find it.

Yeah I couldn't find anything about her saying anything bad about him at all or hint at the #metoo, that you are implying, do you have solid proof, links, anything, interviews of her saying that or filing a complaint, what about TMZ?