Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Ritter

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    In the last few films I saw (but by the way, could never watch the whole way through)

I believe I saw John Ritter struggling for breath or breathless in scenes. I think I was only slightly aware of it at the time but very uncomfortable in watching him!
    He obviously was not travelling well and frankly looked like he was abusing his body or had done!
    For me I remember watching "Three's Company" growing up and he looked so different in the last year of his life. He did not look well and I just could not believe how much weight he had put on.

Sad.

disco Guest
    I feel kinda sad because I never really watched him on tv. Threes company was kinda boring to me. But I feel your compassion. Didnt really watch any tv from the 70s to the late 90s.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Thank goodness I find someone who agrees with me!!
    Your too pragmatic, know what your talking about and make too much sense !Thats threatening Lisa

cherryghost Guest
    LMHO "Forensic Economist" Oh Pleeaaassseeee!

cherryghost Guest
    The lawyers are making a bundle out of this one can be sure!
    They can make a lot of money from people who cannot accept reality or are unwilling to take responsibility for life and the shit that happens. They must be LTFO.

4 James Dean Guest
    Man Am I outta touch did'nt not know he was dead

I remember waking up that morning, and I was lying there half asleep listening to the radio, and hearing that he and Johnny Cash had died. That was shocking when I finally realized it wasn't just a very surreal dream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

**Jenna** Guest
    My husband called from work telling me Johnny Cash died, I'm like yeah so I just heard that John Ritter died. I cried all day. Not to take anything away from J.C death but you know J.R. death was so unexpected.

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=68767@kcbs.dayport.com

Mural of John Ritter dedicated at Hollywood High School
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

NOVSTORM Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Settle down, LL-- we're all friends here... I don't think the McDonald's lawsuit was frivolous; I think there are frivolous lawsuits in this country, but I think the vast majority have merit. I guess we'll just have to....... wait for it........ wait for it............ Agree To Disagree. :thumbsup:
    LOL ordering a hot cup of coffee and spilling it on yourself is grounds for a lawsuit? Yup and my getting fat from eating 2 bidmacks and a super large ff and a diet coke is also a good lawsuit too. It made me fat.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I was glad that the jury said NO way. Once the judge had seen the report that JOhn was told to see antoher doctor for his heart and he didn;t do it poof the thing should have been tossed out of court but since it was a big name involved he decided to go for it. Glad the jury saw thru it and these medical people didn;t have to pay for the rest of their lives for something they could not do anything about.

martydel1 Guest
    My grandfather and Johns father (Tex) were best friends, my mother has a picture of her and John in the same crib. She has told me stories about Tex, John, My Gramps and her. The only cool thing about MY mother is that she knew John Ritter!!!!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    It is hard to believe that it is almost 5 years since his death. Damn, time flies by...

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    It is hard to believe that it is almost 5 years since his death. Damn, time flies by...

Man, Ritter's death hit me like a ton of bricks... i'm not one to usually care when a celebrity dies, but Three's Company is my favorite show of all-time, and Ritter was a huge reason why. I was living in Los Angeles the day he died- woke up, turned on the news and saw them talking about Johnny Cash, then they mentioned Ritter. it took me a few minutes to even process what they were saying, because it was just so out of context- he was just so young nad full of life... A little while later, a friend of mine who knew how big of a fan i was called me up, and the only thing he said was, "How ya doin', Slugger?" Later that day i drove over to Ritter's star on the Walk of Fame (one of the neat things about living in L.A.!), got out and walked by-- people had left all kinds of flowers, pictures, etc... Hollywood lost a major talent that day.

Guest Guest
    John Ritter who I just loved died on the one year anniversary of my father's death and of course the 2 year anniversary of 9/11, not to mention it was his daughters birthday as well, that just really gets to me when I think about his death "my daddy died on my birthday" and the story that her mother told about her saying that the angels took her daddy to heaven little girl stood up on the bed and looked up and said "drop him"

aww sniff that gets me every time I think about it!

he was a great talent a very funny man and his physical comedy was the best I had seen since watching Ray Bolger on all the old films, if they had ever re made The Wizard of Oz I always just imagined him playing the scare crow

awww dang I'm tearing up again, miss the guy and the things he could have done

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    John Ritter who I just loved died on the one year anniversary of my father's death and of course the 2 year anniversary of 9/11, not to mention it was his daughters birthday as well, that just really gets to me when I think about his death "my daddy died on my birthday" and the story that her mother told about her saying that the angels took her daddy to heaven little girl stood up on the bed and looked up and said "drop him"

aww sniff that gets me every time I think about it!

awww dang I'm tearing up again, miss the guy and the things he could have done
    I miss him tooI still get teary eyed. Doesn't seem like he's been gone that long.

Glamrock Princess Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I first remember noticing him as the young minister on "The Waltons". My whole family used to watch that together when I was a kid. I had a lil crush on him.
    Phew, yeah he was hot in 'The Waltons'

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    i really liked him in IT, he played that role perfect. his talents and smile will be missed for sure. JOHN RITTER R.I.P

Cant' believe he's been gone for 5 years. I still miss him. RIP Mr Ritter

deathaddict Guest
    I miss him. i remember watching 8 simple rules. the episode where his character died was really sad. it was hard seeing everyone grieving for him on the program. He was taken before his time.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    RIP John. Miss you. Thanks for the laughs. 5 years, wow

I♥TinyTim Guest
    He died 5 yrs. ago, today.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    ...not to mention it was his daughters birthday as well, that just really gets to me when I think about his death "my daddy died on my birthday" and the story that her mother told about her saying that the angels took her daddy to heaven little girl stood up on the bed and looked up and said "drop him"
    *cries softly* That's so bittersweet.

I really love John Ritter. I was SOOOOO sad when he died.....He is one of my faves of all time

**Jenna** Guest
    It makes me wonder if his wife and daughter celebrate her birthday. I wouldn't want to if someone I loved died on mine.

Is John Ritter's brother still alive?

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    It makes me wonder if his wife and daughter celebrate her birthday. I wouldn't want to if someone I loved died on mine.

Is John Ritter's brother still alive?
    My HOPE is that they DO celebrate his daughter's birthday. My youngest nephew was born to the younger of my two sisters on the same day (same year) that our oldest brother killed himself. Our family cannot turn away from the sad loss of my brother but we CELEBRATE my nephew.

May John Ritter R.I.P. and may his family find peace.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I love and miss John Ritter.....

Talk about being overshadowed. I miss him, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

LaynesGirl Guest
    Yeah... I really do miss John a great deal too... I was SO SHOCKED when he passed away, I actually cried. He was so young and I gre up with him, he always made me laugh. Johns son looks SO MUCH like him when he was on 3 company... I tear up when I see him cuz he looks like his daddy. And Amy his wife...Oh god my heart goes out to her too.

I also felt great shock and sadness (still do) when Phil Hartman was killed...THAT STILL is really hard for me to accept. He was so talented also.
    His poor children, god.... Those poor children, that was all I could think of... Talk about having a great deal of trauma to grow up with. SO truly sad and aweful!

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The lady who sued McDOnalds for getting burned from the hot coffee - her case went to court too and no one threw it out. Just because it has not been thrown out by a judge does'nt mean it is purposeful. People sue for stupid shit every day.

Rantover.
    The woman who sued McDonald's is one of those great urban legends. Everything you think you know about it is false, and repeating it as an example of a frivolous lawsuit is both wrong and terribly, terribly hurtful to the person in question.

She wasn't driving a car or sitting in a moving car: she was sitting in a stationary car. She didn't drop the coffee: the coffee was so hot IT ATE THROUGH THE CUP, burnt the skin off her fingers, and burnt the skin off her genitals and made it impossible for her to have sex. The McDonalds in question had been cited and fined three times before for superheating their coffee under pressure to above the boiling point to increase the smell so people would buy more.

Why do the rumours continue? Because when she settled with McDonalds (and the settlement didn't even pay for all her medical and legal bills), she agreed not to talk about it. McDonald's didn't. They're spreading the rumours deliberately to prevent other people from suing legitimately.

Her suit was 100% legitimate. No exceptions, no discussion. She was bilked by a franchiser doing something massively dangerous and ruining her life, and now people spread rumours about her as if she was totally to blame.

Can you see how horrendously, horrendously hurtful that is to her?

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    Yeah... I really do miss John a great deal too... I was SO SHOCKED when he passed away, I actually cried. He was so young and I gre up with him, he always made me laugh. Johns son looks SO MUCH like him when he was on 3 company... I tear up when I see him cuz he looks like his daddy. And Amy his wife...Oh god my heart goes out to her too.
    I see what ya mean about Jason looking so much like John in his younger days,I watched a MASH episode tonight with him on it and you could totally see Jason in him. It made me sad watching it.

ilovejohnritter Guest

Wanna hear something weird????

The day before John Ritter died,I was EXTREMELY sad..I really had no reason to be,just came over me late in the day.The next day,my husband called me from work and asked if I had heard the news(which I didn't)he told me to sit down...he proceeded to tell me(very slowly)that John had died.I thought he was joking.I was afraid to turn the television on....sure enough,I turned to CNN and there was the dreadful words on the bottom of the screen.."COMEDIAN ACTOR JOHN RITTER HAS DIED...HE WAS 54".Everyone in my family called me to see how I was doing...weird huh???

32. 10-02-2008, 06:28 PM

ilovejohnritter Guest

Where were you??

Where were you when you heard of John Ritter's passing?
    I was in my mother's house and got a call from my husband who told me the horrible news.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovejohnritter View Post
    I was in my mother's house and got a call from my husband who told me the horrible news.
    I was at my house,just woke up,turned on the news and there it was. Then my husband called me to tell me that Johnny Cash died and I was like who care's he's old,John Ritter died. Then he hung up. He was a big JC fan, but it was so the first week or whatever like the tributes they did for John Ritter and all. Him and River Phoenix are like the only two i cried over.

John Ritter was an incredible entertainment and I got all weepy just reading all these posts and thinking about him. I thought of him alot since Paul Newman passed. It's not often you hear of these hollywood types being so authentically "nice" but he was the real McCoy. RIP John.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    I also remember him as the preacher on "The Waltons". To me, he always seemed like the type of guy you'd want to invite over to your house to dinner, because you could probably have a great conversation with him.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Guest Guest
    I had just got home from work, flipped on the tv, was getting my boots off and heard my mom coming down with my son the tv was on mute but I looked up and saw his picture and rip John Ritter and started to cry, she came in the room and said "you got to let your dad go" because my dad died the year before on 9/11 I said no momma look and she gasped, he was so young, I just loved the guy, anything he was in, he was known for his comedy but his dramatic performances were something else, his role in Sling Blade for sure, and yes his boy is the spitting image of him and I look forward to seeing more of Jason.

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=68767@kcbs.dayport.com

Mural of John Ritter dedicated at Hollywood High School

Oh, wow that's really beautiful.....all we have on schools here is really crap graffiti, which is usually spelt wrong....hmph!

I didn' see much of John Ritter's work...apart from "IT", that's a sad one to watch now...John dead..and also the tragic Jonathan Brandis too.

Guest Guest
    I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was a little girl....... I would watch 3's company just for him............ I was so crushed when he died.......

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejohnritter View Post
    I was buying beer in the store below my apartment in Buffalo, NY and I saw the newspaper headline that said he died.

I bought the paper with the beer.

I always liked Ritter. I just watched the episode of "Wings" the other day where he plays Stuart. A great all around actor.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I was at home watching tv and heard the news and was of course totally surprised. I loved John Ritter. He was one of the good guys. Truly missed. RIP John xoxo

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I also remember him as the preacher on "The Waltons". To me, he always seemed like the type of guy you'd want to invite over to your house to dinner, because you could probably have a great conversation with him.
    I heard he was just as nice in person as he seemed on tv. I loved those problem child movies.

Giada Guest
    I was happy to hear John and Suzanne Somers resolved their long, living feud. His onscreen personality seemed to match who he was personally, humorous, playful, team actor ... .

lobosco107 Guest
    When John Ritter and Johnny Cash died, I was just waking up for work when my alarm came on to Howard Stern, and I heard him talking about them both dying. Both were great stars.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fanable View Post
    For some reason, John's death hit me hard, and I still feel saddened when I think about how he died so suddenly, so young, and on his daughter's(?) birthday to boot. I remember him best from Three's Company.

I found the episode of 8 simple rules on YouTube where they address John dying (Goodbye). I cried the first time I watched it because it was apparent (to me, anyway) how upset the cast was; I half expected any one of them to burst into tears at any particular time.

Part 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=oC-1ZgM_0Pg
    Part 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3urOyoDwVrE
    Part 3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPwgOk7fOMI
    Part 4 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=FRL9dqBRWhg
    Part 5 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=P50Je9jg1h4
    Part 6 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4o7aBRoZHVE

8 Simple Rules actually went downhill after he died. It just got really bad.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 11-04-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjyBRhoOu1c His son Jason looks just like him. He was in Jason vs. Freddy back in 04/ 05
    Last edited by Tiffany; 11-04-2008 at 08:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

octobersky Guest
    I always loved John.
    I wanted to bring his post back up because I watch Three's Company every morning at 2am.
    I have seen them all who knows how many times but I love it.

siameseman Guest
    I loved John Ritter and was very sad when he passed away. I always remember the episode on Three's Company when Mr. Furley (Don Knotts) was sitting on their couch and John had to pretend that he was both Jack and his brother Tex (I think that was the name) by changing his hat and accent. That was one of the most hillarious things I've ever seen. John was such a great comedian and actor.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siameseman View Post
    I loved John Ritter and was very sad when he passed away. I always remember the episode on Three's Company when Mr. Furley (Don Knotts) was sitting on their couch and John had to pretend that he was both Jack and his brother Tex (I think that was the name) by changing his hat and accent. That was one of the most hillarious things I've ever seen. John was such a great comedian and actor.
    Oh yeah because Furley thought he was gay and he had hit on his niece (i think) so he had to pretend he had a twin.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    I always loved John.
    I wanted to bring his post back up because I watch Three's Company every morning at 2am.
    I have seen them all who knows how many times but I love it.
    I always wanted Jack and Janet together.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    I was very sad when he passed away. He seemed like a great guy.