Thread: Body Found in Paper Bale - Twin Falls, ID

Body Found in Paper Bale - Twin Falls, ID

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s...1a1097854.html

TWIN FALLS - Law enforcement agencies around the state are investigating a body discovered at a Twin Falls recycling plant.
    The investigation began early Monday morning after workers at Hamilton Manufacturing called Twin Falls Police to report they found a dead body inside a bale of recycled newspapers.

Police have not identified the body and have little information at this point, but they do believe the case started to unfold more than two hours away ?? at a plant in Garden City.

Officers there are now leading the investigation, and say the bale that contained the body was shipped from Boise Recycling. Officers say they are not sure how the man got inside the bale or how he died.

Employees said they found the body while dismantling a bale of papers shipped from the Garden City plant.

"The employees were shocked,? Twin Falls Police Captain Matt Hicks said.
    ??This is about the last thing in the world they expected to find at their job this morning."

Garden City Police say a physical inspection revealed the body of an adult white male, possibly in his 50s. Police add his clothing was similar to that of a homeless person.

"It's my understanding the bale is about 2,000 pounds in weight and about the size of a large office desk. It's compacted by a large machine. They do that for transportation purposes."

While the Ada County coroner believes the death happened before leaving Garden City, Twin Falls Police are considering all possibilities.

"We're examining the possibility that the man was crushed to death,? Hicks said. ??We haven't made any determinations as of yet, and we'll be doing an autopsy later this week to find out if he died before or after being placed in the bin."

Even though it is being investigated as a suspicious death, Garden City Police are not ruling out natural or accidental causes.

Authorities don't know how long the body had been inside the bundle of paper, but they're hoping the autopsy will reveal those details including the cause of death and an identity.

Police in Garden City, Twin Falls and Boise are working together to identify the man.

As part of their investigation they are looking at databases of missing people from the area in the past week to see if they can come up with any leads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RubySlippers Guest
    "Police have not identified the body and have little information at this point, but they do believe the case started to unfold more than two hours away – at a plant in Garden City."

lol...do you think that writers put shit like that in stories on purpose. i mean, it is almost RUDE. the person was killed by recycled paper, for god's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    "Police have not identified the body and have little information at this point, but they do believe the case started to unfold more than two hours away ?? at a plant in Garden City."

lol...do you think that writers put shit like that in stories on purpose. i mean, it is almost RUDE. the person was killed by recycled paper, for god's sake!
    Actually; evidence would suggest that the paper had not yet been recycled; but had been baled for recycling.

As for rude, I guess that would depend upon the deceased guys' opinions concerning recycling; and the merits of dying amid recycled paper as opposed to virgin paper.

UHMMM...virgin...

And my paper recycler bitches about finding remnants of a ham sandwich amid the paper mix... I think I see a way to cure them of that!

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Actually; evidence would suggest that the paper had not yet been recycled; but had been baled for recycling.

As for rude, I guess that would depend upon the deceased guys' opinions concerning recycling; and the merits of dying amid recycled paper as opposed to virgin paper.

UHMMM...virgin...

And my paper recycler bitches about finding remnants of a ham sandwich amid the paper mix... I think I see a way to cure them of that!
    way to super anyalize the situation. and i wouldn't think those tree hugging recyclers wouldn't mind too much -- a body would be biodegradable!

guardmom2008 Guest
    They believe that he may have been crushed to death, a baler crushes things. You gotta love how they write stories in the paper.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    They believe that he may have been crushed to death, a baler crushes things. You gotta love how they write stories in the paper.
    I agree... but the thought of being crushed in a baler is downright scary . I wonder if he was trying to shortcut it when using the baler or if something more sinister happened at work and they disposed of him in the baler hoping to ruin any evidence of how he died. Hopefully there will be a follow-up to this story.

"Police have not identified the body and have little information at this point, but they do believe the case started to unfold more than two hours away ?? at a plant in Garden City."

LOVE IT! And yes, sometimes reporters do put funny double entendres like that "unfolding" line into their stories.

way to super anyalize the situation. and i wouldn't think those tree hugging recyclers wouldn't mind too much -- a body would be biodegradable!
    UHMMM...biodegradable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I agree... but the thought of being crushed in a baler is downright scary . I wonder if he was trying to shortcut it when using the baler or if something more sinister happened at work and they disposed of him in the baler hoping to ruin any evidence of how he died. Hopefully there will be a follow-up to this story.
    Could have been anything. I worked at a place where homeless people would sleep in the dumpster covered by paper and cardboard for warmth; as far as I know; nobody ever got compacted...

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    He was crushed. I've seen this story in my local paper. I thought it was a hay bale though because one headline said something like "Man in bale crushed to death". I obviously didn't read the story.

annannanna Guest
    My brother lives in this town. Let me see if he knows anything...

annannanna Guest
    bum died in the trash pre-bailing cycle is what he said....

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    bum died in the trash pre-bailing cycle is what he said....
    Thanks for asking though.