Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanda Sharer

SEL2323 Guest

this is such a horrible/sick story

GODDESS6 Guest
    what a mortifying crime~

GraveyardGirl Guest
    I've read a book about this crime. It was horrible what was done to her.

Guest Guest
    how horrible...I was driven to tears reading this story...where is the justice? they showed that little girl no mercy and are being released? so tortured and brutalized her only word was "mommy" breaks my heart...I hope all 4 of them live and die miserably...sickening!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    holy shit
    i hope someone burns in hell for this

Kathyf Guest
    Just terrible why would young people be able to do this. I just don't understand.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Just terrible why would young people be able to do this. I just don't understand.
    i was thinking the same thing~ you know i grew up in the 70's & there were tons of detective shows on, they would always have fights & shoot, but you hardly ever saw any blood~ those scenes were hard to watch when i was a kid, i felt horrified~ i can't imagine kids, let alone girls doing such carnage~

mommafreak Guest
    simply horrible

10 hours of torture. that poor baby. those girls are sick fucks and make me hope there is a hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WendyK Guest
    That is probally one of the most horrendous murders I have read about.Shanda must have suffered horribly

Lisamarie Guest
    I remeber a book a long time ago my mom had and it had the crime scene photos anyone know where they are?? They are pretty horrible. What a horrible story.

flick08 Guest
    hey all. this story is so sad. i think those girls should have gotten the same punishment they dished out to that girl. they murdered her over something so petty. i live in indiana. doesnt surprise me that hope got released. indiana lets murderers and moldesters out of jail, but keeps the ones that steal or run from the police.my heart went out to that mother as i read that story.

Quote Originally Posted by SEL2323 View Post
    Yes it is.

That's about all I can add to that.

tensecondstolove Guest
    That is absolutely awful.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Thoroughly disgusting.

Even worse is the thought that 3 of the 4 that were involved in this heinous crime, are out and about already.

Poor wee girl (Shanda)........absolutely horrendous crime.......also proves that the judicial system in many countries sucks!

tensecondstolove Guest
    I'm still upset about this even though I read it like 2 and 1/2 hours ago. lol

It's so disturbing and heartbreaking.

l can't get it out of my head that her last word was "mommy"
    l'm almost in tears
    oh my god.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jazbabee Guest
    Horrific....ghastly !!! At a otal loss for words

qulevergrrl Guest
    I literally couldn't finish my dinner.

Kersten Guest
    Apparently, the book "Cruel Sacrifice" by Aphrodite Jones has the autopsy pictures. You'd think they'd be easy to find on the internet, then, right? My library doesn't have the book either.

I'm sure I'd have nightmares after looking, but, you know...

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kersten View Post
    Apparently, the book "Cruel Sacrifice" by Aphrodite Jones has the autopsy pictures. You'd think they'd be easy to find on the internet, then, right? My library doesn't have the book either.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's like I'm curious but I know I shouldn't look if I come across them.

Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    I'm still upset about this even though I read it like 2 and 1/2 hours ago. lol

It's so disturbing and heartbreaking.
    Same here.

Those girls should've spent the rest of their lives in solitary confinement. No one to talk to or listen to their excuses but the psychiatrist. No parole.

A seriously fucked up case.

Ruffian Guest
    I cannot imagine what that poor mother is going through. She lost her daughter in the most gruesome way possible; her husband has died at a relatively young age and now these young women/monsters walk the streets at the prime of their lives. This is a case of lazy assed prosecutors who chose to plea bargain instead of getting those evil things behind bars for the rest of their lives.

SEL2323 Guest
    i took me a few hours to read the whole story - it made me sick and i had to take some time-outs

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kersten View Post

I've had that book since it came out and there aren't any autopsy pics in it. I think there's one pic of a wound to her head though. That's all I needed to see.

I'd rather not see them personally. She was only 12 or 13 at the time of her murder, that's how old my daughter is. I'd imagine her mom is pretty good about keeping those pics private (where they belong, IMHO). She's quite outspoken about Shanda's murder.

I have both books on this case and I can't for the life of me understand how any of those four girls managed to get out of prison. Now Melinda's attorney is claiming she's profoundly retarded due to childhood abuse. Not buying it. She knew damn well what she was doing, they all did.

WendyK Guest
    All four of them are out? If I were Shanda's mother I would be hunting them down like animals That is unbelievable!!!! Kinda like that sick bitch Karla Hallmoka! Makes me sick! She killed and tourched young girls too ( icludding her sister) and she did very little time in jail.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Sorry! No, not all four are out. I think two of them are out and two of them are still trying to get out. They'll get out eventually and they never should see the light of day.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    Sorry! No, not all four are out. I think two of them are out and two of them are still trying to get out. They'll get out eventually and they never should see the light of day.
    Thank's for the response NONE of them should be out!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    The kind of cruelty and torture and heartlessness that went into this kind of act...in my opinion, there could be little chance of redemption. I would have a hard time believing they could be rehabilitated and become productive citizens...and...God forbid...any of them ever have a child of their own....

l just can't even believe that for every day of good behaviour, they got a day taken off their sentences. that makes so little sense to me.

and at least one got a degree while in prison; that was a year off her sentence.
    how and why are they being rewarded for killing shanda?!
    these people are around my age, plenty young enough to start a whole new life for themselves.
    it makes me so angry. l wish l could stop thinking about it.

wendy, it totally remimded me of homolka as well.
    my impression is that loveless is the one still in jail. and l just read this in wikipedia:
    "In October 2007, Loveless's attorney, Mark Small, requested a hearing to argue for his client's release. He said Loveless had been "profoundly retarded" by childhood abuse, and was not represented competently by counsel during her sentencing, leading her to accept a plea only because of exaggerated claims about the chances of her being executed. Small also argued there had been a procedural error in her original sentencing. If the judge accepted either argument, Loveless could have been retried or released outright. However, after Small was unable to see his client the night before the hearing, the hearing was delayed until December 6, 2007."

that's today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Lori Tackett is still in prison too. Hope Ripey got out after serving 14 years of a 40 year sentence, WTF? She killed a 12 year old for fucks sake. I don't care how well she behaved herself, she killed somebody! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The bitch of it is, not one of them got life without parole. So, they will all eventually walk free to start new lives. Nevermind the one they took away.

I remember when the first book came out, I wanted to slap the author. She was on a talk show with Shanda's mom and she went on and on about how "truly lovely" Melinda was. I swear to God, the woman sounded like she wanted to sleep with Melidna the way she talked about her. Shanda's mother was none too thrilled neither was the host. I don't think anybody gave a flying fuck how pretty Melinda was, she killed a child. Sorry, rant over.

Cettie Guest
    I went to school with sick bastards like this.

WendyK Guest
    You know I was really surprised when I read that Shanda was in a lesbian relationship.Not that it matter's I just didn't think 12 year olds were into that kind of thing just yet.I have an 11 year old and she don't even really like boys yet.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    I went to school with sick bastards like this.

Really?? What did the sick bastards you went to school with do?

Kersten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    I've had that book since it came out and there aren't any autopsy pics in it. I think there's one pic of a wound to her head though. That's all I needed to see.
    That must be it... I was just reading reviews of it on the internet and some one said something to the tune of "why did she need to include the autopsy pics?" so that's why I was thinking they were in there! So she must've been talking about the one pic of her wound.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I don't think any story has effected me this much since the Judith Barsi story. Also, the first time I saw the R Budd Dwyer vid it stuck with me. I can't shake it. She lived for so long. And the image of her tounge clenched between her teeth.

cachluv Guest
    I wish the photo's were accessible. Sorry. I know what kind of person that makes me to some people but that's why I'm here--obsession w/ dead pics

Jaxxx Guest
    I'm speechless, what people do to other people.

Kellycatt1 Guest
    I could be wrong but I believe that one of them married and had a baby. I have the book somewhere I will see if it has any pics in it. I honestly can't remember.. It is just so horrible what they did to that poor girl.

Kellycatt1 Guest

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Murder victim's mother speaks out | RACHEL PLATT | WHAS11.com | News for Louisville, Kentucky

Here is a news article about her mother talking about them getting out of prison. I can only imagine how hard it must be for her.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    You know I was really surprised when I read that Shanda was in a lesbian relationship.Not that it matter's I just didn't think 12 year olds were into that kind of thing just yet.I have an 11 year old and she don't even really like boys yet.
    That was the same thing that I thought! I can see it a little more in the future but 12 & 13 year olds having any kind of relationship, let alone a homosexual relationship, is unheard of to me.

Edit: Not saying that kids that young don't know already that they're gay, just saying that it seems kids that age don't get into relationships yet.
    Last edited by tensecondstolove; 12-06-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Kersten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I wish the photo's were accessible. Sorry. I know what kind of person that makes me to some people but that's why I'm here--obsession w/ dead pics
    Believe me, I totallly understand.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    l had my first boyfriend when l was 11. he carried my books home from school. it didn't say she had a torrid affair with a girl at 12.
    though maybe some do, l dunno. just my 2 cents.

has anybody heard what happened at the loveless hearing yesterday?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rugger57 Guest
    Jefferson County is the county which my grandparents resided in. This was probably at the Jefferson County Proving Grounds. I had been there in the past while deer hunting with my grandfather and father. This is rather eerie!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    For whatever reason, girls are now reaching puberty at an earlier age than ever before; it's not uncommon for girls to begin at ages 11, 12 ... and sadly more children in America are setting age records/having sex at much younger ages -- like the ones mentioned above. I don't mean to suggest it's all of them, just saying the numbers are shockingly high. It's so sad.

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    For whatever reason, girls are now reaching puberty at an earlier age than ever before;
    I have a friend who swears this is because of the hormones that are added to our food.

Quote Originally Posted by weight loss View Post
    I have a friend who swears this is because of the hormones that are added to our food.
    l've heard that too.

http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/Fact...7.hormones.cfm
    Last edited by Finnegan; 12-08-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weight loss View Post

I have always thought that myself....
    I mean..they feed the cattle and fowl these growth hormones to get them ready for market quickly....its bullshit to think its still not in the meat when we eat it ourselves...and the rapid development of children now compared to before this practice started...makes perfect sense...